• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, they couldn't have showed him to us? It looks like an extremely slick model - dude running around with a C'tan shard, I think - but like... why no full photo, gdubs?

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
I know I said it up top but seriously, give me a unit of assault Sororitas that aren't Repentias.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they're preserving material for the new website...but this was pretty poor. COVID cannot have had THAT much impact on their operations, can it?

Nov 2, 2017
All in all, that was a hell of a wet fart. BIG REVEALS, BIGGEST EVER! Here's one new model, one redone model and a teaser for another model. Also, there's more books coming out.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
All in all, that was a hell of a wet fart. BIG REVEALS, BIGGEST EVER! Here's one new model, one redone model and a teaser for another model. Also, there's more books coming out.

The leaks were the best part of today. I would have been fine with the first two if they showed off the silent king properly but that was such a shit move.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Most exciting bit was Dawn of Fire for me. Name is a bit generic but just that it's focused on new material for the narrative, and picking up some of the existing plot threads from studio publications and having decent writers like Guy Haley expand on them, is interesting to me. I find the writing in the Codices themselves adequate at best as it has to truncate everything due to space limitations.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The leaks were the best part of today. I would have been fine with the first two if they showed off the silent king properly but that was such a shit move.
Agreed, let's talk about the leak instead
OMG OMG OMG

98599430_25133507323173jel.jpg

A lot of new stuff in that blurry little pic! :O
So, that's the Silent King in the top right. I'm not super familiar with the 'cron line, so what else here's new? Angel thing got some commentary earlier. I recognize the big, 4 legged walker right next to the Monolith, and the croissant in the top left is familiar.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK

So, that's the Silent King in the top right. I'm not super familiar with the 'cron line, so what else here's new? Angel thing got some commentary earlier. I recognize the big, 4 legged walker right next to the Monolith, and the croissant in the top left is familiar.
Is the croissant fighter familiar through taking design notes from some of the Necron ships from Battlefleet Gothic?

Nov 2, 2017
It just looks like a plain Doomscythe to me. There also look like a Triarch Stalker just to the right of the monolith, so it's not the only existing model in the shot.

Oct 26, 2017
gw really needs a new marketing team in regards to "reveals".

it was piss, they really should've done a showcase of the models and reveals, even though it may be months away.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
That cinematic was excellent except for the Primaris Marines proportions. Love seeing the effects of Necron weapons on those poor guardsman.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the height difference just the same between the new Sisters minis and the Primaris? My guess is they just went with that for ease of modeling.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

Also, looks like the primaris bikers were shown in the website along with a gravus meltagun user.

Oct 26, 2017
good folks on bolter and chain sword looked throuhg warhammer 40k website elements found the below

Looks like the half the Primaris stuff for this wave.

The chaplain/executioner, another chaplain, an icon bearer of some sort, the Gravis Devastators (Melta), the Captain with the skeleton on his shield. the shield guys, the bikes, the assault Intercessors.

vcnKGGF.jpg

image0.png

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that's Cassius, and thus why they had to force this wave as ultramarines again.

Tbh, I think the biggest miss of the vanguard wave was not making that wave Raven Guard for art.

Oct 26, 2017
fyi

not sure if hes the casius or executioner guy

Well, the playester in the Discord I'm in said this:

"he is like a Primaris champion and not a chaplain
He is called the Judicar
And he is a beast

It's an elite choice not an HQ
And makes an enemy unit fight last"

Well, there we go then

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Excutioner would be great except that lamp is so silly. Biggest so close yet so far me for me in a long while.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Im gonna say of these are in the starter.

Box will be 225-260$ USD...
I'd be very surprised if that's the marine starter force, that looks like 7 new kits (4 squads and 3 characters), but on the other hand, it's low model count and probably doesn't take up too much space, so it's kinda plausible...

At this point they've sold a stack of intercessors so I could totally see why they'd want a marine force of all new minis.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be very surprised if that's the marine starter force, that looks like 7 new kits (4 squads and 3 characters), but on the other hand, it's low model count and probably doesn't take up too much space, so it's kinda plausible...

At this point they've sold a stack of intercessors so I could totally see why they'd want a marine force of all new minis.

It's actually pretty close to Dark Imperium, just stealing from bolter and chain sword.

Grav captain - Gravis Captain holding the storm shield upright, bottom left.
2 lieutenants - Lt and Chaplain
10 intercessors - 10 Assault Intercessors
5 hellblasters - 3 bikers, 3 veterans
3 Inceptors - 3 Gravis with melta weapons

Looks like it's almost the same. Extra character (Judicar/Executioner) and one extra model from 2x three men units replacing 1x 5 man unit.

Obviously, this post was missing the ancient from both sets, but it's pretty close and this one has the assault intercessors doubled up, where Dark Imperium had one squad with doubled up units iirc (.ie 2 marines with the same pose and the sergeant).

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's actually pretty close to Dark Imperium, just stealing from bolter and chain sword.

Obviously, this post was missing the ancient from both sets, but it's pretty close and this one has the assault intercessors doubled up.
dark imp had 53 models
if we combo both of these its 54.
Yeah you're both quite right, wow. Interesting stuff! Quite an exciting expansion set even for players that bought the last one, that's quite well thought-out.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
That's likely the case, yeah. Depending on the contents and price of the box set, I'll either get that or pick up the Necrons on eBay. Or buy the box set and get Necrons on eBay too, lol.

I'd say its very likely with the assault intercessors being doubled up just like the infiltrators from Shadowspear.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Wonder if that little double barrel gauss weapon on the warriors is new or just an alternative look for a gauss flayer. It's not a blaster since the fade in pic with the bronze crons has a single new immortal just to the left of the warriors with a traditional blaster, so it could be something like a new stubby gauss carbine, or they could be doing something like as long as the rods have 4 pips it's a flayer, 8 it's a blaster, etc. so 2 rods with 2 energy pips is still a flayer. They also aren't split into separate warrior units from traditional flayer rifle users and it's rare for GW to show a unit with mixed weapons when it would almost certainly be an all or nothing swap option for a unit.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if that little double barrel gauss weapon on the warriors is new or just an alternative look for a gauss flayer. It's not a blaster since the fade in pic with the bronze crons has a single new immortal just to the left of the warriors with a traditional blaster, so it could be something like a new stubby gauss carbine, or they could be doing something like as long as the rods have 4 pips it's a flayer, 8 it's a blaster, etc. so 2 rods with 2 energy pips is still a flayer. They also aren't split into separate warrior units from traditional flayer rifle users and it's rare for GW to show a unit with mixed weapons when it would almost certainly be an all or nothing swap option for a unit.
They did say that it's a new weapon on stream. Can't remember the name. Shorter range, higher damage, sort of a Gauss Melta?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So we're FINALLY getting a new C'tan model? Hot DAMN!

Space Marine stuff looks great too. Are those new Honour Guard???

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
I'm relly looking forward to this.
Stopped playing for a while now. All these FAQs, the soup stuff and tons of additional rules through Vigilus and PA turned me off (7. Edition Flashbacks).
Maybe I can dish out my Knights again with 9th 🤔