• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Hahah that white board behind Pete Foley is great.

unknown.png

Really curious if the abundance of Sororitas with melee weapons will result in a non-Repentia melee unit worth using.

Cvie

Oct 25, 2017
so whats the difference between a assault intercessor and a reiver if a reiver knife does the same thing as chainsword rules wise

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
All this fuss for just a bolt pistol and chainsword, haha.

the big space marine forum was called bolter and chainsword for a reason! (and yeah like i said before there are chapters that really are melee focused).

so whats the difference between a assault intercessor and a reiver if a reiver knife does the same thing as chainsword rules wise

Reivers are elites and these guys will be troops. These guys will also have better sergeant options.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Think the assault intercessors will be a seperate data sheet, or just adding the chsinsword etc to the existing one?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Nick Kyme, noooooooo

I mean, on the one hand, Dawn of Fire + Nick Kyme probably means more Salamanders lore, maybe even Vulkan. So I'm hyped for that.

Downside, Nick Kyme might write large parts of it...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see more models. As much as the necron reveal was cool, it's just a revamp of an original unit. I want to seem what new units they get.

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017
I like the focus in the trailer on Adepta, but man Necrons are dull. It just seems 40K has taken an increasingly dull turn with boring new armies (Tau and Necrons). I guess you could grimdark the minis up to make it more interesting, but they are still a boring army

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I like the focus in the trailer on Adepta, but man Necrons are dull. It just seems 40K has taken an increasingly dull turn with boring new armies (Tau and Necrons). I guess you could grimdark the minis up to make it more interesting, but they are still a boring army
Different armies speak to different people, Necrons and T'au have their place. I love the Necrons personally. New armies? They've both been part of 40K for around two decades now!

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Different armies speak to different people, Necrons and T'au have their place. I love the Necrons personally. New armies? They've both been part of 40K for around two decades now!
I suppose it's a sign of my age that I still think of Tau and Necrons as 'new' too :D I started with second edition.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017

I was going to say. These armies are so old that both of these armies basically got revamped with new default color schemes.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Necrons *were* introduced in Second Edition :P, in a White Dwarf shortly before 3rd. There were only Warriors and Scarabs, tho.