• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Sanguine must stay dead.

Now a possessed Dante is certainly possible

100% agreed, you could also make it the Sanguinar, but I really wouldn't like it if Sanguinus came back.

I think Dorn (he's my favorite so i'm biased) or El-Jonson would make the most sense. Especially El'Jonson since they have always hinted at him coming back for the longest time.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Lion is no longer on the rock as of new lore I Believe.

Lion could be active

Corax had always been sneaky so he could be active.

Dorn, I would like to return as crusader dorn leading the templar legion

Just remember, what the primarchs were in 30k is not who they are now * only exception was Bobby.

Primarchs do not need sleep, so we actually don't know if lion was in a coma or if he was spirit walking

Dec 24, 2017
Lion is no longer on the rock as of new lore I Believe.

Lion could be active

I'm catching up on the lore. Luther escaped right as Bobby G came back right? And the DA has always been suspect.

But maybe introducing all the Codex loving new guys is a way to have the DA chill out for a second. But its much more fun to think of them sweating bullets over all of this with Lion returning and Luther being out there with a traitor legion.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
If I don't get the Khan yet, the minimum I expect is Lion as a traitor and AlphariusOmegon coming back as the loyalist they always were. Do it GW, if only for the meltdowns.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm catching up on the lore. Luther escaped right as Bobby G came back right? And the DA has always been suspect.

But maybe introducing all the Codex loving new guys is a way to have the DA chill out for a second. But its much more fun to think of them sweating bullets over all of this with Lion returning and Luther being out there with a traitor legion.

IIRC, the HH series pretty much the Lion a super loyalist, and them having a larger presence on Terra, so Luther being a loyalist is out the window.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yes. Luther is gone and creating an army of Fallen.

As of now, Lion, Khan, and Corax are the only Loyal primarchs that are left besides Roboute.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Luther is gone and creating an army of Fallen.

As of now, Lion, Khan, and Corax are the only Loyal primarchs that are left besides Roboute.

They retconned Dorn's death, and they could easily reintroduce Russ. They built up Lion coming back too much though and he has that conflict with Roboute (this is the other reason I want Dorn back - asides from I'm a big fan of the last wall protocol).

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about Russ, but Dorn is still a weird thing. What retcon? Last time I heard Dorn status is very unclear. He could be dead according to Kruze.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Vulkan is definitely still alive, so like, he's probably the *easiest* "Primarch's back" bit.

They just did the Lion in 30k, so I dunno if they'd bring him into 40k so soon, but he'd probably be the best guess for a "people are gonna lose their shit over this" candidate.

Alternatively, loyalist Lorgar and renegade Corax. Just sayin'.

(All that aside, the Silent King reveal is the same time, and I don't think they'd want to overshadow him, so I'd bet on it being SK + 9th ed)

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think the Lion's return is inevitable given that the Dark Angel current plotline is that Luthor has escaped and the Fallen are gathering in Legion strength. His general personality puts him at immediate odds with Roboute's genial diplomacy (by 40k standards) and trying to forge what's left of the Imperium into something that might survive. However, I found it interesting that his arc in the Heresy has him finally conceding some level of humility at the end of The Unremembered Empire storyline and into Ruinstorm, giving him a general 'questing knight' sense of having learned something before he returns home twice to find Terra and then Caliban all gone to shit. There's a lot they can do with his current take on the situation that might be surprising and at odds with much of his career as an arrogant, loyal and self-reliant pragmatist.

Still, it's a future confrontation of such ramifications for the Imperium that I don't think they'll do it now. The Silent King is a great way to have the galaxy reminded that not everything is about the sins of mankind's elders. Sometimes it's about the sins of xenos ones too.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Just started reading Know No Fear and DAMN that's a good book. Bums me out that I'm already halfway through it, but I guess I've got some other good books on the horizon; Angel Exterminatus and Betrayer are coming up in a few more books, and then Scars a few more after that.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just started reading Know No Fear and DAMN that's a good book. Bums me out that I'm already halfway through it, but I guess I've got some other good books on the horizon; Angel Exterminatus and Betrayer are coming up in a few more books, and then Scars a few more after that.
Know No Fear pretty much rehabilitated space marines in general for me (or rather, Abnett's depiction of Aeonid Thiel and Roboute Guilliman did).

It's really well framed as the shock of the initial betrayal takes hold, and the depiction of what they lost (admittedly still a totalitarian empire but at least not one full of demons and endless fratricide). The book is basically the HH in miniature, I always say to people that if you want to dip a toe in to see if the 50+ books of the HH are for you, then Know No Fear is a great 'vertical slice' rather than Horus Rising, even with the handful of minor plotlines carried forward within it.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Know No Fear pretty much rehabilitated space marines in general for me (or rather, Abnett's depiction of Aeonid Thiel and Roboute Guilliman did).

It's really well framed as the shock of the initial betrayal takes hold, and the depiction of what they lost (admittedly still a totalitarian empire but at least not one full of demons and endless fratricide). The book is basically the HH in miniature, I always say to people that if you want to dip a toe in to see if the 50+ books of the HH are for you, then Know No Fear is a great 'vertical slice' rather than Horus Rising, even with the handful of minor plotlines carried forward within it.
The tension in the first third of the book is unreal, knowing what's coming. It's definitely the most shocking moment of the Heresy that I've read so far, more so than the other traitor squads opening fire on the Loyalists at the Dropsite Massacre, Russ snapping Magnus like a twig, Fulgrim hacking through Ferrus's neck, Corax talking with the Emperor, or any other big moment, because it's so drawn out and there is so much written in that first hundred pages or so. All of those other moments seemed like they were over so quick but the Word Bearers turning on the Ultramarines and the subsequent chaos and confusion is agonizingly drawn out (in a good way).

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The tension in the first third of the book is unreal, knowing what's coming. It's definitely the most shocking moment of the Heresy that I've read so far, more so than the other traitor squads opening fire on the Loyalists at the Dropsite Massacre, Russ snapping Magnus like a twig, Fulgrim hacking through Ferrus's neck, Corax talking with the Emperor, or any other big moment, because it's so drawn out and there is so much written in that first hundred pages or so. All of those other moments seemed like they were over so quick but the Word Bearers turning on the Ultramarines and the subsequent chaos and confusion is agonizingly drawn out (in a good way).
Guilliman's analysis of what is going on (inside a matter of seconds) is like a defining character moment for him too. Abnett took him from 'the boring middle-of-the-road primarch' to being both demigod-like and relatable through the pressures on him, a stern father and general as well as one of the most reasonable superhuman creatures in the setting.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. Know no Fear should be mandatory reading for everyone who thinks Ultramarines are nothing but vanilla, boring, smurfs, etc.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
That warhammer community article 'The Imperium's End' going over all the status of the current threats, to me, reads like a beginning of a cobwebs to 9th edition - getting the feelers out on what is next to happen in the story.

Oct 26, 2017
TBH as things stand neither of 'em are much of a threat to the rest of the setting.

They gotta fix the situation with the Tau's FTL tech.
so on the TAU front.

Tau's Major narrative actually isnt against the imperium!
- The Battle of the Startide nexus is Mortarian and nurgle legions and the deathgaurd invading the worm hole and eventually breaking through into tau space.
- THis will be the chaos gets let out of the bag to the masses moments for the tau empire

Additionally I think this is where were going to get auxiliaries out the wazoo.

The Galaxy has gone to worse shit. Necrons awakening en masse, the next Waze of tyranid threats arrive, beast Orks, Abaddon and chaos...

All of this will drive, refugee species to the Tau, overwhelming them with galactic refugees.

Now this could be why nurgle is invading, so many different species packed into a few star systems

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
so on the TAU front.

Tau's Major narrative actually isnt against the imperium!
- The Battle of the Startide nexus is Mortarian and nurgle legions and the deathgaurd invading the worm hole and eventually breaking through into tau space.
- THis will be the chaos gets let out of the bag to the masses moments for the tau empire

Additionally I think this is where were going to get auxiliaries out the wazoo.

The Galaxy has gone to worse shit. Necrons awakening en masse, the next Waze of tyranid threats arrive, beast Orks, Abaddon and chaos...

All of this will drive, refugee species to the Tau, overwhelming them with galactic refugees.

Now this could be why nurgle is invading, so many different species packed into a few star systems
Oooooooooooooooh

Okay, that has a lot of potential for interesting stories. That could make the Tau into a place to tell interesting stories in their own right rather than having to have everything hinge on their interactions with exterior forces.

Oct 26, 2017
Oooooooooooooooh

Okay, that has a lot of potential for interesting stories. That could make the Tau into a place to tell interesting stories in their own right rather than having to have everything hinge on their interactions with exterior forces.

Yep. I would love it. And we could see new minor factions, and strange tech/aliens.
Through unity, devestation.

+--

Price increase list leaked.
My personal thoughts are we are getting a view on which models will be retired before 10th/or have replacement kits incoming.

Imho landraiders is being retired before 10th, same with 20% of the old marine range.

Boyz and gaurd Infantry have replacement kits within 2 years

McEwan

Jan 30, 2020
Veterans of Warhammer - hear my plea!

My 13 year old and his 10 year old brother are getting into tabletop gaming and I was tempted to get the most recent starter for us to play.

Any pointers or tips?

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017

My 13 year old and his 10 year old brother are getting into tabletop gaming and I was tempted to get the most recent starter for us to play.

Any pointers or tips?
Rumour has it a new edition will be announced tomorrow with a Necrons vs Spacemarines box set. So that may well be the best to start with

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Tomorrow...
E6yO7b6zYZ5uMc6P.jpg

www.twitch.tv

Warhammer - Twitch

The official Warhammer channel.

I've got everything crossed for lots of new Necrons ;D

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised they might be using Necrons as the big enemy in the new box. I love Necrons but always thought they were kind of a niche/unpopular army. Also they have a pretty decent selection of plastic models, outside of named characters I think the only resin kits they still have are flayers and lords (and heavy destroyers too I suppose)?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
TBH as things stand neither of 'em are much of a threat to the rest of the setting.

They gotta fix the situation with the Tau's FTL tech.

The fact they ret-conned both the Tau and the Necrons to not have FTL travel is really silly. I know they generally ignore numbers in 40K, but they don't seem to realise its literally impossible to have an interstellar empire with FTL. You can't maintain a society when you have a 100 years lag between worlds.

Oct 25, 2017
Price increase list leaked.
My personal thoughts are we are getting a view on which models will be retired before 10th/or have replacement kits incoming.

Imho landraiders is being retired before 10th, same with 20% of the old marine range.

Boyz and gaurd Infantry have replacement kits within 2 years

Knowing Games Workshop, the increases on these old kits is to soften the further jump in price when they are replaced. Look at the jump in cost between tactical and primaris kits. Undoubtedly the latter is better, but it's a significant jump in cost.

The Middle Earth SBG price rises are a joke, especially the cavalry lines which are 10-15 years old and won't ever be replaced.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised they might be using Necrons as the big enemy in the new box. I love Necrons but always thought they were kind of a niche/unpopular army. Also they have a pretty decent selection of plastic models, outside of named characters I think the only resin kits they still have are flayers and lords (and heavy destroyers too I suppose)?

Tbh, I don't think they're any more niche then death guard and dark eldar and they both have starter sets.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Tbh, I don't think they're any more niche then death guard and dark eldar and they both have starter sets.
Yeah. Being a niche force also means they have plenty of room for expansion in range and lore too, which is how you sell new armies to players that have already painted several. Plenty of nice new hooks into different sub-factions of necrons and new minis to accompany them, that are inevitably going to be made to look imposing vs primaris marines.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

Any pointers or tips?

You can't go wrong with the Kill Team starters. Either KT Rogue Trader or the KT Starter set are great : you get 2 full teams, a play mat with terrain and some fluff in the books. It's self contained and a perfect introduction to the game and being Kill Team you can just buy extra troops to add to teams or create new teams (the tau pathfinders are pretty much an entire team in one box).

That will definitely tide you over until what we all assume is 9th edition comes around, with likely a kickass new starter.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone got into Adeptus Titanicus? From everything I've read it sounds like their is a bit of a concensus that the rules and games system is the best that GW has made.

Ventrue

Oct 27, 2017
I've missed seeing the new minis each week. Excited to see what's up today, but I sorta hope it isn't an amazing new big box. I've finally managed to stop buying new minis - only a few years of painting left at the current rate. :)

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Hope everyone is excited for an overhyped reveal of some more animated project footage and a new made to order primaris marine.