• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Its taken me so long to (still not) get my GW order from last friday that Wayland Games have restocked and I'm tempted to order more stuff from there too ...

Also whoof all this 9th Edition talk, it feels like its barely been 2 minutes since 8th came out. The concept of them rolling out a new update so soon after so many factions just got rules in 8th is crazy to me.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
You say that, but if the Silent King is being made as a model, to me that feels like the release of Guilliman in 7th edition. That mapped out the path to 8th and story advancement.

I don't think 9th will change much rules-wise - like AoS to AoS 2nd was not a big gameplay change, but a chance to move the story forward.

Dec 24, 2017
After getting my hands on some contrast paints. I like them quite a bit. I still had to thin mine out a little, but I'm really enjoying them.

Am I glad I learned how to paint the more traditional way? Yes. But will I now field a tabletop quality army for once? Yes.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
After getting my hands on some contrast paints. I like them quite a bit. I still had to thin mine out a little, but I'm really enjoying them.

Am I glad I learned how to paint the more traditional way? Yes. But will I now field a tabletop quality army for once? Yes.

They are fantastic for doing all the little bits and bobs that are not the 'main' part of the miniatures. Like leather pouches etc.

They are also great for glazes.

Dec 24, 2017
Yeah, its a lot easier for me to paint these poxwalkers in the manner I wanted to with contrast. After I knock a few more out, I'll try painting my first ever Primaris Marine.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
M2~gP4-xq-W69d_I.jpg

There is some big, and we mean BIG, Warhammer 40,000 news coming soon.
This week will end with a bang heard around the galaxy, as we blow the lid off something huge for the 41st Millennium. There's so much Warhammer 40,000 goodness packed into this preview that we couldn't fit anything else in…

Catch it on Saturday, May 23rd, live on Twitch from 1:45 pm UK time. As always, we'll round up the news as it breaks in a massive article in case you're not able to catch it live. We'll have more info for you as we get closer, but let's just say you might want to clear your calendar and arrange an online watch party with your friends for this one.

9th edition maybe?

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Hope so. Although I'm as curious as terrified on what they would change.

Man, I really, really miss 4th edition. And 2nd, but that was a different beast.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I had asked my friend who runs the local hobby store to reserve me a catachan colonel and he ended up getting only one, which he needs for the next painting contest...and then he handed me one for free for my birthday. Did Ripper Jackson actually release in the wild? Because now I am wholly willing to pay a fortune to get her. And then I will likely buy a gajillion catachans to go along with them.

I have the best/worst friends.

Edit : Also got my hands at last on the Battle Sanctum and an Imagifier I had ordered from him. I didn't realise the Sanctum was more than the giant statue until I looked at the box in my hand. This could be one hell of a diorama...

Last edited:
Did Ripper Jackson actually release in the wild?
In theory it shouldn't so they will probably give it another go later.

Also got my hands at last on the Battle Sanctum and an Imagifier I had ordered from him. I didn't realise the Sanctum was more than the giant statue until I looked at the box in my hand. This could be one hell of a diorama...
Yup, the photo on the box is a disservice, the other 2 options of display are way better and look beautiful.

Oct 26, 2017
from my understanding

V9 ( 8.5) reveal
8.5 boxset ( necrons V marines (cqc marines finally))

- next primaris wave ( leaked decimator/outrider bikes )
- DArk admech
- May or may not have hints at fulgrim/angron and next loylist

* Note this is just rumblings around the internet, I am not in the know

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I find weird that most players this time around want 9 ed. and there has not been a drough of content.

Dark Eldar players MAY have a case lol and how they updated the Harlequens....
so 9E/V9.

is essentially 8.5.

It will supposed fix a bunch of rule issues but build/refine what 8 is. which is a good thing.

the PA series was designed as stop gap, to bring codexe's up to 8.5, then supposedly the in the first 5 new codexes for 8.5 there will be 2 brand new armies.
I suspect one is dark admech, and the other is kroot.

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy to hear talk of 9th edition, I played a couple of games back in the early '90s with what I now know was 2nd edition.

Oct 25, 2017
from my understanding

V9 ( 8.5) reveal
8.5 boxset ( necrons V marines (cqc marines finally))

- next primaris wave ( leaked decimator/outrider bikes )
- DArk admech
- May or may not have hints at fulgrim/angron and next loylist

Ohhh boy. I'd love to see Primaris Terminators (or rather re-sculpted Terminators)! Even half of that being true at some point would be immense, let alone in one big reveal.

I find weird that most players this time around want 9 ed. and there has not been a drough of content.

Dark Eldar players MAY have a case lol and how they updated the Harlequens....

As Greigor says, every rumour points to it being an evolution of what exists, rather than a revolution, so I think most players will be happy if the boat isn't rocked too harshly.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
so 9E/V9.

is essentially 8.5.

It will supposed fix a bunch of rule issues but build/refine what 8 is. which is a good thing.

the PA series was designed as stop gap, to bring codexe's up to 8.5, then supposedly the in the first 5 new codexes for 8.5 there will be 2 brand new armies.
I suspect one is dark admech, and the other is kroot.
I'd love a Kroot, or even better, Tau Auxiliaries codex. So much cool lore potential there.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
There's been rumours for a while of a Kroot codex and a Chaos guard one. But a Dark Admech one wouldn't be too surprising either.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be there day 0 for any Tau Auxillaries. Bring us new Kroot troop choices, new Kroot units, bring back the Kroot riders from Forgeworld in plastic form (what was the huge Kroot beast with a gun platform mounted on it?), some Kroot characters, re-do the Vespids, and another race under the Tau empire. Plus a kit for Gue'vesa. That's the dream.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think a primaris terminator equivelent will be in this new wave.
it looks like (fast attack/assault), I assume exterminators will be in the heavy support wave

----
My beast ghaz
3BPmjcF.jpg

cwP4XFi.jpg

eqxNKRp.jpg

0mGLSNh.jpg

gX1i3RE.jpg

ooJJKR9.jpg

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
That is an incredible Ghaz Greigor, bloody well done

Im just finishing reading the First Wall on the Seige of Terra, not sure how they can fit in another 5 books, there is not a lot of room left after this! The first two books were a bit iffy, a lot of good lore, but not really a good novels. First wall manages both, hopefully it finishes well. I wonder if there will be some rewrite of lore to tie in with any future Primark releases. Angron has certainly had a lot more face time than Fulgrim so far in the Seige. Though their would be no better pair to release than Dorn and Perturabo

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I would love Angron, a world eaters book,
and some Armageddon steel legion and some orc love.

Oct 26, 2017
To add to my previouspost...
Heavy salt like normal^7

Necrons will be in the first 3 codexes. New plastic flayers, possible new base troops.
Shortly after, emperor's children roll out... Shortly after that Gaurd line revamp starts...

So ultra tin foil speculation.

If the above codexi are true, and so is corax, then that probably means lorgar is also next.

Is it true? I doubt it. But gw could release the next primarchs to recover from the covid economic effects

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
So I started an AoS Nurgle Army and now I'm thinking about expanding it to 40k

The 40k Conquest Magazine is running in Germany so it's a good way to get some models for cheap.
Some tips on what to take for a small starting force?
Was thinking about getting the DG models from Dark Imperium and expanding them with more Plague Marines and Blight hauler or some Blightlord Terminators

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Hey 40k era. I have a very newbie question for you all. During my quarentine time, I've taken back up painting minis and I'm hoping to get into either Kill Team or 40k proper once it is safe to go back to my lgs. I have some Chaos Space Marine minis from back around 2007 when I last dabbled in 40k. I picked up the Kill Team starter set as well. After putting together some of the Reaver Space Marines in the kill team set, I was surprised that those models and bases are bigger than my old Chaos Space Marines. Is this the standard size for all space marines now? I'm reading some stuff about Primaris space marines and that they are larger than the older Space Marines so I'm assuming this is the standard size now? If I buy a box of "new" Chaos Marines are they also going to be this size with the bigger base?

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
I'm not sure if the new chaos space marines are the same size as the old ones, or just slightly bigger.

In terms of scale, the new chaos marines are smaller than the primaris. GW has made that distinction clear in the lore and model sizes.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
If you buy some new Chaos Marines they will be considerably larger then your 07 ones (and on 32mm bases). The Chaos line got a whole set of new models at the beginning of last year which brought them up to size with the Primaris (although they are still a tad shorter, but no longer comically so).

Oct 26, 2017
So uhh...

Gw is telling prominent YouTubers/sites to record themselves during this event and they will use there reaction in a compilation.

Uhh, so that means a primarcht is coming.

It's the only thing that would cause that.

Klaxons blarring hold on to your butts

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if the new chaos space marines are the same size as the old ones, or just slightly bigger.

In terms of scale, the new chaos marines are smaller than the primaris. GW has made that distinction clear in the lore and model sizes.
If you buy some new Chaos Marines they will be considerably larger then your 07 ones (and on 32mm bases). The Chaos line got a whole set of new models at the beginning of last year which brought them up to size with the Primaris (although they are still a tad shorter, but no longer comically so).

Ok thanks. Kind of a bummer. I assume it's acceptable to still use the smaller ones but as you mentioned, they look pretty silly next to the bigger Space Marines.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Both too boring.

The Blood boy is the only one MAYBE Ferrus and the old rumour that the hand was Necron, it would tie with the other stuff...
I mean it has to be the silent Kings return/introduction. I believe he only has links with one Primarch, and that would be the biggest gasp in 40k lore
I am wondering how much one of the 6 missing loyalist primarchs would change the story and make people go crazy. I mean obviously from fans of those chapters, but from everyone as a whole?