• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
I jumped on that bundle. I have only read Horus Heresy stuff previously. I read like the first 20 books of that and then tapered off. Technically this Humble Bundle would be the first time I have read anything in 40k.

I will most likely feel like Bobby G when he came back to see how decrepit everything is now.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Warhammer fans, I was always intrigued by the art of warhammer and was wondering which of those books on Humble Bundle would be good starting points to learn about the lore and stories ?
It depends on which faction you want to learn more about.
Devastation of Baal, Gaunts Ghost, Vaults of Terra, and Horusian Wars would be a good start for the Imperium.

Farsight for the Tau.

Night Lords and Fabius Bile for Chaos.

Ghost Warrior for Eldar/ Dark Eldar.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
That bundle is great, I am going to pick that up. Already have a few of the books (All the Dan Abnett ones, they are all fantastic, but I have not read "I am Slaughter" yet)

I have almost caught up with the Heresy books, with Titan Death now. That has been hard work, there is a lot of chaff in that series, but enough of interest to keep me going. (Though I do hate all Nick Kyme books, genuinely angry at what he does with the Iron Hands in the later books)

Anyhow I have also seen GW have put out this bundle
I think this is the lore to do with Guilimans return, and the split of the galaxy, I had been looking for the story behind that for the past 18 months. Is this the thing to buy? Are they 7th Edition campaign books?

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Are there any books which give more info/backstory to the Men of Iron?
I know there's some tidbits to find on youtube recaps but besides that.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyhow I have also seen GW have put out this bundle
I think this is the lore to do with Guilimans return, and the split of the galaxy, I had been looking for the story behind that for the past 18 months. Is this the thing to buy? Are they 7th Edition campaign books?

IIRC that's right. They were the books similar to the current Psychic Awakening- rules, new characters for various factions, new scenarios, with background on each stage of the campaign leading up to Papa Smurf returning (and I presume the introduction of Primaris marines and the current crusade).

Obviously the rules are pointless unless you're still playing 7th Ed., but the fluff is still current.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Well, today's the day. I hope they don't try to spread the previews over the next weekend and just dump everything that's left this afternoon.
2-Kmp0P_-v0ISh~5.jpg

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Holding out a faint hope for an Amazons bloodbowl team. Other than that...maybe finally new player characters for Blackstone Fortress?

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
PlasticInsistentEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

Fuck me. I thought I didn't need any other Blood Bowl team after the gazillion kickstarters on the last few years and certain GW teams (hello Ogres), but as a stunty lover I can't pass this.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
94138007_348310217504uak7d.jpg

Saul Tarvitz was one of the first-ever named Horus Heresy Space Marines (along with Garro and Varren, in 1988's Space Marine rulebook), and his appearances in Black Library's Horus Heresy novels only cemented his popularity. His death at Isstvan III after he led a disparate army of Imperial loyalists in defiance of Horus' betrayal made him a legend – and now you can bring that legend to your games of The Horus Heresy.

kD0~7Hw-P-z31q~W.jpg

The Fortress is awakening, Precipice is in peril, and the explorers must band together to prevent all they've worked for from being destroyed. Ascension gives you a different way to play, as you race through the ever-changing corridors of the Blackstone Fortress in search of a way to shut it down and stop Obsidius Mallex once and for all. This massive expansion will bring you new adventures, new rewards and new enemies, such as these Guardian Drones.
-9Vcm4A-mM_9-qC7.jpg

They are absolutely huge – that's a Spindle Drone one of them is holding in its terrifyingly sharp claw. Blackstone Fortress: Ascension contains loads of new cards and surprises for your adventures, as well as the biggest reward for completing a quest EVER, so get your explorers ready – they'll need to be for what lies ahead.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Lore besides, it's a nice throwback to Rogue Trader tho, where even a regular Marine could equip shuriken weapons. I'll probably get one.

Last edited:

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh, I didn't catch the reference for the Sister of Battle. And will that librarian be the last non-Primaris Marine model they'll release?

Last edited:

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm in for that Sister, Ephrael, her harlequin bro and probably that inquisitor. And I guess the Pariah Psychic Awakening book.

Damn you, GW!

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Warhammer lore is very weird and it very different from a lot of sci-fi fantasy. You can say it is a mixture of stuff, but there is not really anything like it this day of age.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I keep pumping out Epic miniatures for my Tallarn Air Cavalry instead of tackling my WS army. Shame on me.

wShLq7Y.png

And nothing like taking a picture to see spots unpainted here and there :P. Don't paint with crappy light, lads!

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Hi Everyone,

I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well.

Last week, I let you know that some of our stores were beginning to reopen. The question you've most asked since then has been, "What about online? When will games-workshop.com start taking orders again?" I'm happy to confirm what you might have seen over on our Investor Relations site earlier this morning: we're now able to open up some of our warehouses and will begin shipping orders very soon.

Safety First
The health and safety of all our customers and staff remains our number one priority, so a whole host of new precautions have been introduced to make sure operations can be carried out in a safe environment. We're being very careful in how we do this – our Health & Safety and warehouse teams have worked tirelessly to ensure that these facilities adhere to all government guidelines and that our staff will be maintaining effective social distancing at all times.

Thanks to these heroic efforts, we're able to reopen some of our warehouses from today. This means that (depending on where you are in the world) if you have an order pending with us to be shipped out to your home address, it will be processed and dispatched over the next few days. If you have an order pending to be shipped to a Games Workshop or Warhammer store, we'll be in touch soon to sort out the next steps for your order. The warehouse teams will be working hard to make sure you get your orders as quickly and efficiently as possible while taking the utmost care to keep everyone safe.

How About the Webstore?
Games-workshop.com won't be taking any new orders just yet, as we want to make sure pending orders are cleared while we are getting the site back up and running fully. Don't worry though, the webstore will be open for business again very soon! Like, Friday soon. From the 1st of May, you'll once again (subject to your location) be able to place orders on games-workshop.com and stock up on all those hobby essentials.

It won't quite be business as usual though, and there are a few things to bear in mind:

• With many of our retail stores still closed, the "ship-to-store" delivery option won't be available. To offset this, we're reducing the Free Shipping threshold by 50% in all territories where this option was previously available.
  • With the warehouse reconfigured for extra safety, it may take longer than normal to process, pack and ship your order.
  • With the factory still locked down, we are likely to see a few more items than usual go out of stock, and it may take us a bit longer than normal to resupply them.
  • Our focus right now is on getting you your hobby essentials. No news on when we'll be unleashing new releases just yet. We'll keep you posted.
Supporting Independents
Now, I know that loads of you love supporting your local independent stores, and as the warehouses come back online, we'll be able to start resupplying them. While many of them aren't open for business right now (and it may be some time yet before they are), we've come up with something special to help them out when that time comes. We'll be sending our independent stockists a supply of a very special edition Catachan Colonel free of charge, so they can keep every penny they make! Like other limited edition or Made to Order miniatures, this Catachan won't be available anywhere else, so keep in touch with your local independent store – they'll be counting on your loyalty when they reopen.

More News As We Get It
All that remains now is to thank you all for your amazing community spirit during this extraordinary time. It's been super inspiring to see all the models you've painted and shared online, and witnessing how you've been lifting each other up with positivity and support has really kept all our spirits high. Ours truly is the very best of communities.

As ever, stay safe.

– Andy Smillie
Global Head of Warhammer Community

j_C9W-h7Ki-3Jl_7.jpg

Last edited:

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Well Carl Weathers is looking as fabulous as ever, good to know that my Valhallans will be here soon. I had best get to painting. Though I am no where near the standards of you guys in this thread. Its pretty intimidating in here!

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought it was Apone but it definitely looks like Dillon. Another goddamn amazing mini.....that is super limited. Sigh GW, sigh.

Oct 25, 2017
Another amazing mini I can't get due to "exclusivity"...

Most stores are apparently only getting in very limited numbers too. Perhaps it would have been better to sell this to independents as normal, but on a Made to Order done exclusively via them. Less profit per unit, but a much higher quantity to sell.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Most stores are apparently only getting in very limited numbers too. Perhaps it would have been better to sell this to independents as normal, but on a Made to Order done exclusively via them. Less profit per unit, but a much higher quantity to sell.

GW are giving the indies the ones they're getting for free, so it would have more profit per unit too. Indies I've spoken to would much rather have fifty of the things to sell than two that are so ludicrous they either have to ebay scalp them and take a load of flack or try and auction them off or something for little reward given the effort.

I have no idea what GW was thinking here.