• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

Fight together with your friends against hordes of enemies in this new Warhammer 40,000 experience. From the developers of the best-selling and award-winning co-op action franchise Vermintide, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a visceral four-player co-op action game set in the hive city of Tertium.
In the depths of the hive, the seeds of corruption threaten an overwhelming tide of darkness. A heretical cult known as the Admonition seeks to seize control of the planet Atoma Prime and lay waste to its inhabitants. It is up to you and your allies in the Inquisition to root out the enemy before the city succumbs to Chaos.

Developer Fatshark wrote in the 1st youtube comment:

"We hope you enjoyed the Rejects Will Rise trailer! We'll have some gameplay for you next week at Summer Games Fest!"

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is is launching September 13th on Xbox Series S/X and PC via Steam. Also Day 1 on Game Pass.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for all the games, but chance we can play one of the other 230 factions?

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Loved Vermintide and put a disgusting amount of hours into two so I am really pumped for this.

Between this, the CRPG, Demonhunters and the new Space Marine game this is gonna be a damn good time for 40K games

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
do we know if it´s a year of timed exclusive or did Microsoft publish this entirely?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Gamepass? Okay. It'll give me a little hold over until Space Marine 2 hits as long as its solo viable.

OP
OP
Kemono

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Happy for all the games, but chance we can play one of the other 230 factions?

Sure Rogue Traders fall roughly under the banner of the imperium but it's not like there're that many games were one can play as this faction.

A game about Space Marines is not the same as a game about the imperial guard or the Mechanicus. Hell, even the Space Marines are just an overarching name for dozens of chapters, each with their own lore and interesting mechanics.

But yeah i agree that a game from the point of view of other bigger factions would be neat.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
Hyping up things for almost a month and then doing a countdown for the last 5 days only to reveal a trailer without any actual gameplay that tells and shows us stuff we already know about is a pretty poor move.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Oh man. Always wanted a Vermintide in the 40k universe. Unbelievable that it's nearly there.

I really hope we see some gameplay during the Xbox showcase. One of my most anticipated coop games since years!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Hyping up things for almost a month and then doing a countdown for the last 5 days only to reveal a trailer without any actual gameplay that tells and shows us stuff we already know about is a pretty poor move.
I think they're just building hype before it gets lost in Summer Games Fest.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A Space Nuns game in the same vein as Space Marine would be insta-buy.

Yes!

bc3394fb1cbdd2ed3486b97db09160bac82b7e7c.gifv

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Definitely hoping for the best with this one, Vermintide is certainly a great looking game.

Hopefully they bring in more characters too, getting a Sister of Battle in would be amazing.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Seeing it be on game pass is a nice surprise, definitely gonna use that to convince some friends to give it a shot. With how much I played Vermintide 1 and 2, I was already on board lol. Excited to see what they have for gameplay during summer games fest!

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this does numbers so they can bring in more factions, both playable and as enemies.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
A Space Nuns game in the same vein as Space Marine would be insta-buy.

I'd be interested if they embraced what makes the Sisters of Battle crazy and unique, and not just Lady Space Marines.

I wanna mow down heretics with a Melta gun, shower battlefields with Holy Water, and drop churches on mfers.

Demeisen

Mar 11, 2021
Vermintide 1 and 2 were fantastic, and I'm getting a bit tired of Back 4 Blood now, so I'm very much looking forward to this. Hope they're able to give the new PCs as much character as their Vermintide equivalents.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
yo what happened to police lady from the gameplay trailer?

are there more than 4 characters?

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Be playing vermintide 2 on my ps5 recently and I can't wait till this eventually comes to ps5, it might be a while.

EDIT: man I would love it if there was a commisar class and get the dude who voices victor from vermintide to do it.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
For those asking. There will be a Sororitas class added to Inquisitor Martyr, there is a Sororitas class DLC for Battlesector and there is this Battle Sister VR game, which I have not played yet sadly.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass? Hell yeah. Sadly never really put time into Vermintide but I vibe a lot better with the 40k universe anyways.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
They've announced how the "Premium Currency" works mentioned on the store page stuff that was revealed alongside this trailer:

"Store FAQ

What's in the premium store?
The premium store is focused on cosmetic items, that is, character skins, weapon skins, and other smaller customizable items, as well as DLC content.

How does premium currency work?
Aquilas are the currency used in the Premium Store to purchase any of the items available in it. Aquilas are currently only obtainable via in-game purchase.

How does in-game currency (Tertium Twins) work?
Twins are a currency earned by doing activities in game, such as completing missions or selling salvaged items. This currency is used for other ingame activities such as improving equipment. This currency is not usable for acquiring cosmetics from the premium store.

How can I get cosmetics?
There 2 ways of getting cosmetics: progressing through the game or acquiring them through the premium store. Progress cosmetics will be given out as the player progresses through the story and the different challenges the game offers. Premium store cosmetics can be acquired as long as they're available and can be equipped by any character of that class, account-wide.

How can I manage my cosmetics?
Cosmetics are parts of sets, which means they usually have matching parts that make for some really cool looks, however, players are free to swap around each part independently and make their own looks."

steamcommunity.com

Frequently Asked Questions (updated 25 July) :: Warhammer 40,000: Darktide The Mourningstar - General Discussions

What is Darktide? 4 player Co-Op Action Adventure in the Warhammer 40K Universe. If you've played Vermintide, think Vermintide in 40K flavor. When is Darktide coming out? November 30th 2022. I don’t know much about 40K - what should I check out or read up on? Some great reads to get you familiar...

I know microtransactions are common in games now and vermintide 2 had similar, but I still really dislike the idea of locking off cosmetics behind a paywall arbitrarily, especially in a game said to be so focused on customization and creating you character. It's still content where they've made a decision to negatively affect players at no benefit to them.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
For anyone who wants one of those good old our long lore drops, Fatshark partnered with Luetin09 who is a popular 40K lore content creator on Youtube, and gave him all of the background on the Hiveworld In which Darktide takes place for an exclusive deep dive lore dump. It's good watch.

Only in 40K is your content creator influence done through hour long, super in depth lore vids lmao.