• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Flip is on the case!!!

Whoever has been dropping off Cystoliths, funding trophies and donating Ayatans, thank you.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone want to play warframe semi regularly? I've kinda gotten far enough that the most of the planets don't have people playing, and I'm getting rekted. Even with mod support.

I'm EST usually willing to play after 7pm weekdays.

Also the new UI sucks soooo much, they removed the short cuts for some reason.

Flip is on the case!!!

Whoever has been dropping off Cystoliths, funding trophies and donating Ayatans, thank you.

How do you put Ayatans to the statues?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone want to play warframe semi regularly? I've kinda gotten far enough that the most of the planets don't have people playing, and I'm getting rekted. Even with mod support.

I'm EST usually willing to play after 7pm weekdays.

Also the new UI sucks soooo much, they removed the short cuts for some reason.

Haven't they put the shortcuts back in on a recent hotfix? At least thats what they are saying on the official forums.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to be at the point where I can donate Ayatan sculptures to the dojo but with all the Prime mods I just got plus rivens I need all the Endo I can spare, haha.

When I get 4,000 Endo or a Sculpture for a sortie reward I'm pumped!

I'm even considering buying Anasa sculptures for plat from the market.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

The statues are in your mod menu.

I'd love to be at the point where I can donate Ayatan sculptures to the dojo but with all the Prime mods I just got plus rivens I need all the Endo I can spare, haha.

When I get 4,000 Endo or a Sculpture for a sortie reward I'm pumped!

I'm even considering buying Anasa sculptures for plat from the market.

No worries. I wouldn't want newer players to donate them anyway given that we have a ton of vets. Besides, they're just decorations.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
So I just started playing this a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. The news of Nekros Prime being vaulted has kind of pushed me to try really really hard to get him before he's gone, but I don't think it's going to be possible. Found somebody on the marketplace that was selling one for real cheap, but the free Plat they give you can't be used for trading. Was super bummed.

I just got the Odonata, so it's still a long way off before I get any kind of prime goods.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
So I just started playing this a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. The news of Nekros Prime being vaulted has kind of pushed me to try really really hard to get him before he's gone, but I don't think it's going to be possible. Found somebody on the marketplace that was selling one for real cheap, but the free Plat they give you can't be used for trading. Was super bummed.

I just got the Odonata, so it's still a long way off before I get any kind of prime goods.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, he will get unvaulted at some point and regular nekros is pretty easy to farm.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017

His two rare parts come from Lith N3 and Meso N5 relics, which you can get from low level missions. Focus on getting those parts before the 19th and you'll have no trouble completing the set because everyone who's been playing for a while should have a few spare Nekros parts that they probably wouldn't mind tossing your way if you just ask.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Anything interesting?
Spoiler tag in case people want to go in blind. If you want to watch it for yourself, it's on Quite Shallow's channel.

Some GunZaws that sound like they do interesting things.

Bunch of new resources.

New hunting/bait system?
Fishing and mining return.

New Umbra noggle.

Limbo Prime seems to all come from Lith relics.

Lore information on Solaris United, the civilians on Venus ,

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I mean almost none of that stuff is really all that spoilery unless you don't watch any devstreams or follow the development side of the game. We just never got any specifics on it if it would launch any time soon or at all. We really don't have any specifics even with this leak other than
kingpin system is finally a thing
since we saw the earliest rumblings about it before PoE around the time Steve was still doing his sunday streams.
Adding hunting to the game is new though

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I mean almost none of that stuff is really all that spoilery unless you don't watch any devstreams or follow the development side of the game. We just never got any specifics on it if it would launch any time soon or at all. We really don't have any specifics even with this leak other than
kingpin system is finally a thing
since we saw the earliest rumblings about it before PoE around the time Steve was still doing his sunday streams.
Adding hunting to the game is new though
Oh I know but some people prefer to play the update completely blind and find out the new things for themselves.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth selling the hugely excess Ayatan stars without socketing all of them in statues?

For example selling 90% of my Cyan stars as I have like 200 and will usually get 3-4 per every sculpture I get.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth selling the hugely excess Ayatan stars without socketing all of them in statues?

For example selling 90% of my Cyan stars as I have like 200 and will usually get 3-4 per every sculpture I get.

Depends on how bad you really need endo. If your good on it, it really benefits you more to slot them into statues first.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh more zaws. Still haven't built all the old ones. I really hate having to lvl them twice and have rep on hand to gild them.

Rest of that sounds pretty standard. Would be nice if they had some common resources or it wont be as bad a grind as poe but this is warframe.

lol at limbo though.

Kingpin might be interesting. Hope it's more solo friendly than the edions though. Still haven't done those.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
So now that the Saryn rework is out, how should she be built? Strength + Range with a bit of Efficiency?

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
So now that the Saryn rework is out, how should she be built? Strength + Range with a bit of Efficiency?

I haven't touched elite sanctuary onslaught, but for the normal onslaught I will constantly pull over 1000 kills in a PUG over 8 zones with a build close to what you describe. I can post my exact build when I get home. I think mine might have a little duration too

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Dojo Prime is under construction!!! Lots of new shiny Orokin decorations and they are generally cheaper (in terms of capacity) to place.

We also still need a ton of Shard Black pigments from Eidelon Vomvalysts. If you have them, drop them off. If you don't, they'll just disappear from your inventory when we finish researching the color and move on to the next one.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all — is there anything I can change in the controller menu to make it so that I don't have to rapid spam a button for quick Melee or Exalted Blade?

I really want to use them and wish that I could just hold a button/trigger down and then Excalibur or my Melee will auto trigger as fast as the speed allows. Is there any way to do this? This is also why I hate semi auto stuff in games.

SaltySakura

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, i have a few questions about my hek build with equinox(on pluto atm). It looks like this since i just got the blaze mod:

0/60 capacity
point blank / hell's chamber / blaze / contagious spread /scattered justice / blunderbuss all maxed

Does this make sense with 2 multishot mods? And if i put my first forma on the hell's chamber slot what would be a good addition mod? something like shotgun spazz for fire rate? Or maybe seeking fury for reload speed/punch through?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, i have a few questions about my hek build with equinox(on pluto atm). It looks like this since i just got the blaze mod:

0/60 capacity
point blank / hell's chamber / blaze / contagious spread /scattered justice / blunderbuss all maxed

Does this make sense with 2 multishot mods? And if i put my first forma on the hell's chamber slot what would be a good addition mod? something like shotgun spazz for fire rate? Or maybe seeking fury for reload speed/punch through?

Always* start with base damage, because everything multiplies, so you're good there. (*note that there are a few shotgun status builds that Blaze won't fit on)

Next, as much multishot as possible. You could even use Vigilante Armaments for another 60%.

I like punch through on shotguns...probably Seeking Fury.

Hek isn't especially suited for crit or status, so blunderbuss isn't great use of a slot. I'd probably just put on two 90% elementals (or two dual stat elementals if you don't want to forma).

Edit: mods for fire rate, reload speed, ammo, etc should be used very sparingly and only on specialty builds of very few specific guns. Increasing damage per bullet through elementals (or crit/status if applicable) is almost always a better option.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all — is there anything I can change in the controller menu to make it so that I don't have to rapid spam a button for quick Melee or Exalted Blade?

I really want to use them and wish that I could just hold a button/trigger down and then Excalibur or my Melee will auto trigger as fast as the speed allows. Is there any way to do this? This is also why I hate semi auto stuff in games.

I don't believe there is, but it's a great idea. There are probably a still a few aftermarket controllers with that sort of feature.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
frizby question - I love Nova and know you use her a lot to but I've been sidelining her more often and not really sure why — I figured maybe I just wasn't having fun with her max duration, minimum range build.

I dropped Narrow Minded, kept Primed Continuity and Constitution, kept Intensify and Power Drift, put in Vitality, Streamline and Primed Flow (or would Quick Thinking be better here?), and then I put in Antimatter Absorb and could fit in Stretch too.

Now I don't gimp my Wormhole. Now I don't gimp the MPrime explosions (situational), and also Stretch boosts the Antimatter Absorb size. Most of all, the lower duration means that I am not stopping enemies so far away in their spawns. It means I don't mess up Defense missions.

What do you think? MPrime still has a long duration but not planet-sized.

0/60 capacity

I think that's a great starting build but I would try and fit Charged Shell to make Heat and Corrosive. Seeking Fury is also great for punchthrough and some reload since Hek only has 4 shots.

SaltySakura

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the detailed answers frizby and X-Frame! I will switch out Blunderbuss for Seeking Fury for now and look for some good elemental Mods.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
frizby question - I love Nova and know you use her a lot to but I've been sidelining her more often and not really sure why — I figured maybe I just wasn't having fun with her max duration, minimum range build.

I dropped Narrow Minded, kept Primed Continuity and Constitution, kept Intensify and Power Drift, put in Vitality, Streamline and Primed Flow (or would Quick Thinking be better here?), and then I put in Antimatter Absorb and could fit in Stretch too.

Now I don't gimp my Wormhole. Now I don't gimp the MPrime explosions (situational), and also Stretch boosts the Antimatter Absorb size. Most of all, the lower duration means that I am not stopping enemies so far away in their spawns. It means I don't mess up Defense missions.

What do you think? MPrime still has a long duration but not planet-sized.

Nova is viable in a variety of different ways. Because her cc is so powerful, she gives you a ton of flexibility. I'm not a believer in any power strength beyond 45%, which I usually do with Intensify and Power Drift, but I've also been known to run a rank 8 Transient Fortitude, which gives me an exilus mod slot to play with.

On Narrow Minded, the thing I'd keep in mind is that duration also affects the number of Null Stars, each of which absorbs 5% of the damage you take...up to 90%.

Prime explosions stop being viable at very very low level, so I wouldn't sweat that much. Prime is all about the speed reduction and team damage buff. Whatever bit of damage you get from explosions is icing.

My basic build is: Narrow, Prime Cont, Constitution, Intensify, Power Drift, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Stretch and Augur Reach (to make wormhole viable). I also use her for energy reduction sorties quite a bit with Fleeting in place of Constitution, and if I wanted to get an augment on there, I'd take off Constitution or Augur Reach instead of Narrow Minded.

I wouldn't take her in defense missions regardless, unless she's built as a speed nova for lower level stuff.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Nova is viable in a variety of different ways. Because her cc is so powerful, she gives you a ton of flexibility. I'm not a believer in any power strength beyond 45%, which I usually do with Intensify and Power Drift, but I've also been known to run a rank 8 Transient Fortitude, which gives me an exilus mod slot to play with.

On Narrow Minded, the thing I'd keep in mind is that duration also affects the number of Null Stars, each of which absorbs 5% of the damage you take...up to 90%.

Prime explosions stop being viable at very very low level, so I wouldn't sweat that much. Prime is all about the speed reduction and team damage buff. Whatever bit of damage you get from explosions is icing.

My basic build is: Narrow, Prime Cont, Constitution, Intensify, Power Drift, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Stretch and Augur Reach (to make wormhole viable). I also use her for energy reduction sorties quite a bit with Fleeting in place of Constitution, and if I wanted to get an augment on there, I'd take off Constitution or Augur Reach instead of Narrow Minded.

I wouldn't take her in defense missions regardless, unless she's built as a speed nova for lower level stuff.

Cool, thanks Frizby! I will tweak the build a bit and put Narrow Minded back in.

I do really like Antimatter Absorb though. MPrime the room and then Prime
The Antimatter drop and watch everything explode. I could drop the augment and just use a Tigris Prime but the augment is more so that I don't have to use that weapon if I don't want to.

EDIT: I also got my first Shotgun Riven last night from a Sortie. Unfortunately it turned into Convectrix. :(

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Clan update:

1. The first new dojo color (Shard Black) is funded and cooking for 36 hours. Thanks to those who chipped in!!!
2. The next color is pink and is dropped by Kuaka (those little rabbit looking things in PoE). If you get any random pigments, please remember to drop them off in the Tenno Lab.
3. I've put in a lot of work "Priming" the dojo with newly added Orokin decorations. The main hall is mostly done, but I'm still adding to outlying rooms. Hope you guys like it.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a Plague Keewar Melee riven. I looked it up and it's for a Plague Star even Weapon, and I don't have one. Oh well.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Clan update:

1. The first new dojo color (Shard Black) is funded and cooking for 36 hours. Thanks to those who chipped in!!!
2. The next color is pink and is dropped by Kuaka (those little rabbit looking things in PoE). If you get any random pigments, please remember to drop them off in the Tenno Lab.
3. I've put in a lot of work "Priming" the dojo with newly added Orokin decorations. The main hall is mostly done, but I'm still adding to outlying rooms. Hope you guys like it.

I wouldnt mind if you change the red tint on the first room, I feel like Carrie is gonna pop up and scream at my frame.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Just got a Plague Keewar Melee riven. I looked it up and it's for a Plague Star even Weapon, and I don't have one. Oh well.

Keep that! Probably the best melee weapons in the game. And Plague Star will be back, I expect.

I wouldnt mind if you change the red tint on the first room, I feel like Carrie is gonna pop up and scream at my frame.

I think that was gone a week or more ago. I was still experimenting with the new lighting then and didn't know how much the lighting overwhelms everything else. The lighting is a nice pale blue now, and the paint is mostly purple (for the forum). There's no red anywhere. Check it out.

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Clan update: Shard Black completed yesterday, and I started Mortus Pink...it turned out we only needed 50 pigments and they drop in tens, so I just farmed it up. Next color tomorrow afternoon...probably white.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm, I got last years twitch prime bundles along with this one all at once. Is that a bug or did I just unknowingly also opt in to those too but never connected my account?

Regardless, I got a free soma prime which I didn't have so that is nice.

edit: sweet this is the ps4 thread, super in the right one. RIP

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Another color started in dojo: Tower White

Pigments drop from Condroc birds on the Plains of Eidelon. This one seems like it's going to take a while, so please, if you get any, be sure to drop them off in the Tenno Lab...even if it's just 10-20 random ones here or there. I farmed 120 just running around the area between spawn and the lake, but it took a while. The drop rate doesn't seem great, and it seems like there are a ton of Condrocs until you're looking for them.

I haven't had a pigment drop from the birds that are always flying, only the ones that start out on the ground, but that could just be RNG.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo just beat the second dream quest. Was a really good quest, was super happy I was never spoiled on it.

Also.....I chose waves. Did I pick wrong?

Last edited: