• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
I feel like I've hit a wall where there simply isn't much to do. I've probably got around 200 hours played since I picked the game up in the fall but I just feel like there's nothing I'm working towards.

Do I have every frame? No, but I have the ones I want that I felt were worth grinding for. Sure there's some other frames I'd like to have like Khora but I'm not willing to grind in SO (drop rates are laughably low) or spend real money on plat.

Can't really obtain any more weapons without spending plat for them since many blueprints are only available if you shell out cash.

Haven't completed all of the quests and have fatigue after how long "The War Within" was. There's no hook driving me to see what happens next so I haven't touched it in a week.

What should I be working towards? Or should I just take a break?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the 200hr mark and i think the opposite, theres too much to do!

Getting lenses, earning focus, making zaws and amps, getting prime parts, getting mods I've not got yet, sorties, arcanes.

But if your feeling burnt out, then a break is probably a good idea.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
What should I be working towards? Or should I just take a break?
While I don't think I've ever taken full break, every now and then I burn out on the game and don't do much beyond loging in and maybe running an alert or two. Usually lasts until the next big content drop, at which point I'll usually get the desire to start grinding for the stuff I'm missing again.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
No weapon is only available for plat. All weapons/parts can be obtained from blueprints bought in the shop, dojo, invasion missions, syndicates, or relics.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was there new content released after the big giant field? I forget what its called but Im curious if theres something new on PS4 since I know pc gets stuff before ps4 does.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been trying to farm some cystoliths with Nekros, but struggled to find a build that wasn't constantly going down or running out of energy and thus inveritably could not Desecrate the hemocyte when it fell. Then Health Conversion caught my eye, a mod I'd never even given a second thought before. And boy does it ever synergize with Desecrate. Slapped on Arcane Grace and Arcane Guardian on for good measure, and now I can basically shower in all the gunk the boss spews while infested hordes tear at me from every angle and all I have to worry about is the occasional knockdown.

Also found out the boss has a damage cap per shot, which explains why why it was shrugging off my Lanka and Tigris Prime like they were nothing.

Was there new content released after the big giant field? I forget what its called but Im curious if theres something new on PS4 since I know pc gets stuff before ps4 does.
The (very tedious) Sanctuary Onslaught mode, a new warframe Khora, a bunch of weapons. Some stuff for the "big giant field", including two new bosses.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Burnout comes and goes but once it does it takes longer and longer to keep it at bay. I have just shy of 2k hrs and 95% of that is from before ~2 years ago.

If you're just starting though there should still be plenty of stuff to work towards.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
So I've been trying to farm some cystoliths with Nekros, but struggled to find a build that wasn't constantly going down or running out of energy and thus inveritably could not Desecrate the hemocyte when it fell. Then Health Conversion caught my eye, a mod I'd never even given a second thought before. And boy does it ever synergize with Desecrate. Slapped on Arcane Grace and Arcane Guardian on for good measure, and now I can basically shower in all the gunk the boss spews while infested hordes tear at me from every angle and all I have to worry about is the occasional knockdown.

You're on the right track. Two of his augment mods are also pretty great, and I run both. Despoil makes Desecrate use health instead of energy, which means you always have a gap in your health, which means you always pick up the health orbs from despoil, which means you always get armor from Health Conversion. It's pretty wonderful. I also like Shield of Shadows quite a bit. It links you to your shadows, and they take anywhere between 49 and 90% of your overall damage depending on your power strength.

Those three mods together make Nekros about as tanky as anybody. He's actually a much much better overall frame than he gets credit for in that he has three super useful powers that all scale perfectly with enemies, and he generates extra resources.

Edit: And thanks for putting in some cystoliths. I need about 500-600 more to do what I'd like in the dojo.

Last edited:

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Still need 250 Cystoliths in the dojo. If anybody is sitting on a few in their inventory, please drop them off in the statues at dojo spawn. They aren't used for anything else.

Basically, we have the two gold Plague Star statues in the main hall, and I have plans for 3 more...two at the door of the infested lab (already built) and one more in the trophy room, which we have 750/1000 Cystoliths for. I also put faction themed gold event trophies at the doors to the Grineer and Corpus labs.

Edit: We have all we need. Thanks everybody! I'll continue to keep tiny statues by the dojo spawn for a few weeks to collect whatever Cystoliths folks have left. Again, they aren't used for anything else.

Last edited:

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
You're on the right track. Two of his augment mods are also pretty great, and I run both. Despoil makes Desecrate use health instead of energy, which means you always have a gap in your health, which means you always pick up the health orbs from despoil, which means you always get armor from Health Conversion. It's pretty wonderful. I also like Shield of Shadows quite a bit. It links you to your shadows, and they take anywhere between 49 and 90% of your overall damage depending on your power strength.

Those three mods together make Nekros about as tanky as anybody. He's actually a much much better overall frame than he gets credit for in that he has three super useful powers that all scale perfectly with enemies, and he generates extra resources.
I'd stubbornly tried to avoid Shield of Shadows... because... I dunno... the shadows sucked while I was leveling him up after a forma? But yeah, it's the final piece to keeping him standing even when in a weak group.

Also a bit underwhelming that after playing around with the new stuff like the Tenora and Ignis Wraith, Soma Prime turned out to be the best weapon against the Hemocyte. But then, it is still a nice weapon, and it does feel good to take the old workhorse out for a spin again.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The final sortie today is really tough, i think the bow modifier is making people really struggle, I've given up on doing it!! !

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
The final sortie today is really tough, i think the bow modifier is making people really struggle, I've given up on doing it!! !

Mag is super useful in today's. With Magnetize/Polarize, any halfway decent bow can take an Ambulas down in a few shots. And they're also really good against the adds.

Once you get them down, some CC is in order...lots of frame options there. My crew had me as Mag and a random Nova, and it worked out fine...even got a rifle riven.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Plague Star

Tip for newer players: If you haven't been doing this event, there are some super useful rewards, and you only have a couple of days left.

1. Every run can get you enough rep to buy a Forma, and if you haven't figured it out yet, you're going to need a ton of Forma.
  2. Those Plague Zaw strikes are crazy good and are cheap. Get a few of each.
  3. Rare gems and fish parts can also be a useful investment depending on how much you like/hate to fish/mine
  4. I don't recommend Cetus Wisps. You'll stumble across enough in bounties to do everything you need to do with them.

Also be sure to drop your Hemocyte Cystoliths in the trophies at the dojo spawn.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mag is super useful in today's. With Magnetize/Polarize, any halfway decent bow can take an Ambulas down in a few shots. And they're also really good against the adds.

Once you get them down, some CC is in order...lots of frame options there. My crew had me as Mag and a random Nova, and it worked out fine...even got a rifle riven.
Yeah, i have a Paris prime, but never modded it for mag, which i should have, we managed to get 2 of them, down, but then they started coming in pairs, and the team just couldn't deal enough damage to disable them both in time.

X-Frame

Oct 25, 2017
Weird — never happened to me before but when I try to log in now it says "Login failed. Check your info."

Is this a DE server-side issue?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
The drop rate on the Braton and Lato Vandal is just brutal...especially for mastery fodder weapons. It's a great way to make people hate an otherwise decent game mode as they grind 8 zones over and over instead of doing the intended high score chase.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Hey there!

I redownloaded this game after many years of not playing (last time i did rhino prime was new).
I'm a bit lost though considering how much was added/changed since then so i was wondering...where the hell do i start?
So far i've done the mission to reactivate the market component on my ship, there seem to be more of those active quests to do but where do i go from there? Any small roadmap to help a returning Tenno out? c:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey there!

I redownloaded this game after many years of not playing (last time i did rhino prime was new).
I'm a bit lost though considering how much was added/changed since then so i was wondering...where the hell do i start?
So far i've done the mission to reactivate the market component on my ship, there seem to be more of those active quests to do but where do i go from there? Any small roadmap to help a returning Tenno out? c:
Complete as much of the star map as possible, it's a bit of an extended tutorial.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The drop rate on the Braton and Lato Vandal is just brutal...especially for mastery fodder weapons. It's a great way to make people hate an otherwise decent game mode as they grind 8 zones over and over instead of doing the intended high score chase.

There's no incentive to get a high score, only an incentive to grind focus, and get items off the drop tables. I was disappointed pretty quickly to find that people only want to do 8 waves and then let the game kick you out. The leaderboards reset every week. Whatever you did is basically lost to time. If DE just gave a cosmetic or a trophy or something to commemorate getting a high score the mode would probably be less tedious because your own performance becomes the enemy rather than the RNG in the drop tables. Thats something entirely under the players control after all. And it just takes planning and strategy on the part of yourself and your squad to do better since the ESO maps are locked instead of random.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, i would like to join the ERA clan if possible! I'll just be patient if you folks are full.

PSN: Archvile78

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Whew...i remember last time i played i had a cool setup in the making with Rhino prime + galatine and a tons of shield but...my playstyle changed a bit in the past few years, i'm less about playing tankish characters and more about playing support/healers sort of characters.

Any solid healers i could see about farming the blueprints for down the line?

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whew...i remember last time i played i had a cool setup in the making with Rhino prime + galatine and a tons of shield but...my playstyle changed a bit in the past few years, i'm less about playing tankish characters and more about playing support/healers sort of characters.

Any solid healers i could see about farming the blueprints for down the line?
Oberon is fairly easy to get.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at Saturn now but my warframe feels super weak. My attacks are weak and I get reckted easily now too. Dunno what to do.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
What weapons / frame are you using?, are you modded properly?, are you using your abilities effectively?
Gara frame. I only have Excalibur, Gara, and Frost. I can get a Banshee, and something else I just need to make them.

I'm thinking it's my main weapon, I've had it since Mars. It the Boltor. I'm finally close to getting the rest of the materials need for a new primary. As for mods, I just do auto for everything, but I haven't done in in a bit......
Reading what I'm writing, it feels like I haven't prepped correctly....

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking it's my main weapon, I've had it since Mars. It the Boltor. I'm finally close to getting the rest of the materials need for a new primary. As for mods, I just do auto for everything, but I haven't done in in a bit......

Yeah, best to do it manually, there are loads of good videos on youtube about modding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km-c8JtIUeEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km-c8JtIUeE

If you can pick up the Hek, that will serve you well for the entire star map if you mod it correctly.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
Gara frame. I only have Excalibur, Gara, and Frost. I can get a Banshee, and something else I just need to make them.

Are you upgrading your mods through fusing? That's pretty much the main way of getting more powerful. The Boltor should do ok Saturn if properly modded, focus on mods that increase damage and multishot for now. Make sure it's set for corrosive damage (add a Toxin and an Electric mod.)

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you upgrading your mods through fusing? That's pretty much the main way of getting more powerful. The Boltor should do ok Saturn if properly modded, focus on mods that increase damage and multishot for now. Make sure it's set for corrosive damage (add a Toxin and an Electric mod.)
Corrosive and heat works ok if you're lazy (like me) and don't want to mod for each faction.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

......I have not been fusing. I've just been doing auto for my modding. I never took the time to actually learn how to properly mod. I'll take some time to learn

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking of Trinity too, last night when i played i was lucky enough to get a 75% coupon for the market (not for platinum though) i could probably directly purchase her...i think she'd be 70 platinums.

I'd just get a color palette (probably classic saturated) with your coupon instead. Trinity is pretty easy to farm up and build, and you'll want the prime version anyway.

Edit: Really, only ever spend platinum on slots and cosmetics. Everything else is relatively easy to get in game...and getting it all is kind of the point of the game.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'd just get a color palette (probably classic saturated) with your coupon instead. Trinity is pretty easy to farm up and build, and you'll want the prime version anyway.
Too late, haha. I bought her for 56 platinums. Considering my Rhino Prime is close to level 30 i figured i'd start getting used to her ASAP, especially if i intend to do some endgame with you folks. In the future though if i can get my hands on some platinum i'll need to be smarter about spending it, like on colours and weapon slots.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Double-posting but, is the clan discord still up? The link in the OP seems invalid.
Secondly, if there's ever any more newcomers who would like a written guide on how to get started i found this neat 62 pages google doc that seem to go over everything and is up to date with the latest version of the game. Whether or not you wanna add that to the OP is up to you.

So far i've been enjoying my return to the game, i don't know how long it will last me but i'm curious to do some endgame farming.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone new (or not) to the game, this is a good list of primary weapons that are worth investing time in, or not.