• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I must have some shitty luck. I did the Orokin survival like 5 times, for that octavia drop. The rate is 22%, and the others only 9%. Yet, I still only mange the relics instead...

That said, I did farm for Saryn, anyone have any build advise for her?

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
used to be max range, strength, some duration and like 70% eff. Dunno how it works now. they changed how her spores work so you don't want to cast em as much.

it's hilarious how they said she was too complicated after saying the exact opposite for every other frame. just say ppl weren't playing the "right way" with her. PR gonna PR.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I must have some shitty luck. I did the Orokin survival like 5 times, for that octavia drop. The rate is 22%, and the others only 9%. Yet, I still only mange the relics instead...

Max range, max strength...spam your 1...occasionally drop a 4...win.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
it's hilarious how they said she was too complicated after saying the exact opposite for every other frame. just say ppl weren't playing the "right way" with her. PR gonna PR.
Er... they reworked her because she was a boring one ability frame. They said that they didn't like that people would just sit in the corner spamming spores on molt.
Just like Ember and Banshee, it was part of their push against passive play.

I use this for solo Elite Onslaught runs:
chJsiHz.png

Replace Steel Fiber with another strength mod or an augment for regular missions. You can also swap the aura for Growing Power, but honestly, Saryn is already massively overpowered with just 140% strength.
Definitely do not sacrifice efficiency. You'll want to use all of her powers.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing for a week and really liking the game. Have Rhino, Mag, and Frost in the foundry cooking away. Feel like I'm making good progress.

Would like to get added to the clan waiting list if I could, cheers!

Edit: Helps if I put my psn name: Wadiwasi

Last edited:

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Max range, max strength...spam your 1...occasionally drop a 4...win.

Er... they reworked her because she was a boring one ability frame. They said that they didn't like that people would just sit in the corner spamming spores on molt.
Just like Ember and Banshee, it was part of their push against passive play.

I use this for solo Elite Onslaught runs:

Replace Steel Fiber with another strength mod or an augment for regular missions. You can also swap the aura for Growing Power, but honestly, Saryn is already massively overpowered with just 140% strength.
Definitely do not sacrifice efficiency. You'll want to use all of her powers.

Thanks guys. Frizby, I saw your Saryn and immediately wanted one.

Some of those mods I don't recognize are they like end game? And primed mods are only from the Void trader, right?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks guys. Frizby, I saw your Saryn and immediately wanted one.

Some of those mods I don't recognize are they like end game? And primed mods are only from the Void trader, right?

Overextended and Transient Fortitude are Corrupted Mods that you get from Orokin Vault Runs.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Corrupted_Mods
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Derelict#Orokin_Vaults

The two I mentioned are bounty rewards on Plains of Eidolon.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Question about the stalker guys... Is it possible to stack marks for a better chance of him showing up?

I have an Ivara frame waiting to be used, but I kinda want to wait until I get dread instead.

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having multiple marks doesn't increase his chance to spawn AFAIK. But he will spawn again til all your marks are gone.

You can increase his spawn chance by playing with other marked players though.

Or buy the beacons from baro,

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
3 defensive mods always gets some side-eye. Get Augur Reach and Auger Secrets on there mister!
Nah, I have builds that don't use them, but this is by far the most comfortable build for the few challenging missions in the game.
More range would only help when the Elite Onslaught rotation includes one of those empty-level-with-bad-spawns combos. It's pointless for everything else while the armor mod does a good job of helping Saryn not melt when everything constantly spawns around her because 140% power strength is already overkill if you know how to keep your spores going.

Plus, I specifically mentioned that you can swap out the extra survivability mods for regular missions. Learn to read, mister!

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Neptune is scaring me a bit. Luca was a confusing level and I've having trouble finding parties for hard content that feels much harder. Hope this doesn't mean I can't make it to the war within.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Thank the lord, I finally got Octavia neuroptics, now I just need to get the last piece from lua caches, then scrounge up some resources. Also, I'm not going to touch that Atlas quest anytime soon. It's a legit time sink.

Neptune is scaring me a bit. Luca was a confusing level and I've having trouble finding parties for hard content that feels much harder. Hope this doesn't mean I can't make it to the war within.

Depending on the times, I can help out. I'm on EST

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I have builds that don't use them, but this is by far the most comfortable build for the few challenging missions in the game.
More range would only help when the Elite Onslaught rotation includes one of those empty-level-with-bad-spawns combos. It's pointless for everything else while the armor mod does a good job of helping Saryn not melt when everything constantly spawns around her because 140% power strength is already overkill if you know how to keep your spores going.

Plus, I specifically mentioned that you can swap out the extra survivability mods for regular missions. Learn to read, mister!

I reed gud.

If you're not worried about range, wouldn't Auger Reach and Cunning Drift be a better combo than Overextended and Power Drift? I dunno...seems to me with pure range and power she just melts everything, and I find the stun from Miasma makes Molt fairly irrelevant. I also pop into my operator a bit when I play her...makes me invulnerable, recharges health, and I can drop energy bubbles. I was done with ESO before her rework, so I haven't tested that, but she obliterates sorties.

I'm not sure I have any duration at all on my build...might even run Fleeting, but I'd have to check.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Cleared clan invite for Blackacid138...had been sitting for a few days.

Invites sent to supGod and Wadiwasi. Welcome!

Current waiting list:
  1. Prhelion
  2. ddd_0815 (vacation)
  3. Blackacid138
  4. EvilMonkeyg1 (vacation)

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Wow clan already full and we don't even have a date yet. Wish they would let us know when so I can plan accordingly.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I reed gud.

If you're not worried about range, wouldn't Auger Reach and Cunning Drift be a better combo than Overextended and Power Drift? I dunno...seems to me with pure range and power she just melts everything, and I find the stun from Miasma makes Molt fairly irrelevant. I also pop into my operator a bit when I play her...makes me invulnerable, recharges health, and I can drop energy bubbles. I was done with ESO before her rework, so I haven't tested that, but she obliterates sorties.

I'm not sure I have any duration at all on my build...might even run Fleeting, but I'd have to check.
Range is the most important stat, but there's only one place where you'd need even more of it and I'm not sure if another range mod would even help with how bad spawns can get on those two huge-ass Onslaught maps.

Duration is needed for Toxic Lash and Miasma, both of which are awesome at helping you spread spores and actually useful after the rework.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have a PS4 Era clan? And if so, would it be possible to get an invite? My username is the same as here on Era.

Your timing is excellent. We have a waiting list, but 2 are on vacation, 1 I've given up on, and the other is a friend who can wait. Invite sent. Welcome!

Current waiting list:
  1. Prhelion
  2. ddd_0815 (vacation)
  3. EvilMonkeyg1 (vacation)
Blackacid138, if you want another invite, please post again. I sent two that sat for several days.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
It's been quite some time now (although I've spent a lot of that time away) and I still can't really enjoy PoE content. I mean it's fine I guess, but ehhh. The bounties are fine I suppose but I've still never even done an Eidolon fight, simply because I don't enjoy anything about the Operator gameplay. But at the same time with The Sacrifice boss fights, it's clear that they're intent on making Operator stuff a major thing going forward, so I feel like I need to do all the Quills stuff and get a passable Amp (the last SPOILERS fight in The Sacrifice was basically just me dying over and over while slowly chipping away at his life with my pathetic Mote Amp). Eh.

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree the plains isn't fun. I have the 2nd tier (222) amp plus 3 health up arcanes and it was still the same for me. Though I've never done an eidolon either. Can't rank up the quill til i do. I dunno the whole focus on operators/less solo content is kinda disheartening at times. They really need tighter controls better health etc but then if they can do all this shit what's even the pt of the warframes anymore?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Overall, I think PoE is really good. The Eidelon fights are probably the single best cooperative gameplay experience in Warframe, and I'm really not sure what else is close. I also think bounties are good fun and give some really good mods as rewards. Fishing was a neat addition too, and you don't need to do a ton of it.

As for criticism, I could for sure live without the mining, and I think it's dumb that dropping archwings takes resources/crafting. They're pretty cheap to build, but it still encourages you to use faster frames to avoid it, which limits your choices, which isn't what Warframe is supposed to be about.

As for amps, I've built about every variation you can build with the Schwaak Prism, which I have a strong preference for, and I really don't think it matters what brace or scaffold you attach to it.

Deleted member 3968

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
eh bounties are too rng and take too long to do for reliably bad rewards. It's not just a plains problem but they really need to rebalance the mod drops esp for rarer stuff. Not every enemy in the game needs to drop vitality, redirection etc. There needs to be way to reliably get these newer mods/drops. getting the same stuff over and over is ok when you're starting out but when you have almost everything, spend 20hrs farming for like 5 things and get none it really kills the urge to keep trying.

fishing is ok. archwing is nauseating big time and somehow worse than normal archwing controls.

as for amsp they need another bp that converts shard to eidolon cores or something so ppl can rank up.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I really like about PoE bounties is that they give me another way to get Kuva that doesn't involve the Kuva siphon missions because again, Operator gameplay isn't fun.

(I know you can get it through sortie rewards too, which is nice.)

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Your timing is excellent. We have a waiting list, but 2 are on vacation, 1 I've given up on, and the other is a friend who can wait. Invite sent. Welcome!

Current waiting list:
  1. Prhelion
  2. ddd_0815 (vacation)
  3. EvilMonkeyg1 (vacation)
Blackacid138, if you want another invite, please post again. I sent two that sat for several days.

Thanks, gladly accepted.

I'm still in what I suppose are the early phases of the game. Started playing in 2014, then took a 4 year break, now I'm back. Feeling around, trying a bit of everything, clearing planets, doing quests. I don't know the most efficient way to do anything, or how to maximize my character's potential, but maybe I'll get there eventually.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I have already ran out of my starter Platinum and need more so I can actually take the Warframes I've built in the foundry.

What is the earliest thing I can farm to trade off?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Ok so I have already ran out of my starter Platinum and need more so I can actually take the Warframes I've built in the foundry.

What is the earliest thing I can farm to trade off?

The three most reliable regular sources of platinum:
  1. Finish the solar system to get to sorties and sell riven mods
  2. Sell syndicate weapons/mods
  3. Run random fissures and sell prime parts (this one is trickier, because pricing is all over the place)

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest issue with plains content is just how much you need to plough into it to make your operator good, the amps and focus system just needs too much time to invest in it to make anything decent, time that takes you away from the meat and potatoes of the game, it just doesn't seem to integrate well, same with archwing, it just feels too much like a different game, and not enough of what you do makes enough difference to the 'main' game.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to those who helped with Wisp Grey pigments. It's funded and cooking!!

One more color to go after this one is done researching. Devar Grey pigments will drop from Tusk Mortar Bombards, which pop up a ton on higher level Cetus bounties.

LeroyOctopus

Oct 29, 2017
I'm new to the game and trying to get Oberon. Would the defense mission on Earth be a good place to farm for the component blueprints?

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I'm back from vacation and I really really missed this game. Just got my archwing, pretty nice mission with all this flying through space.