• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing the game off and on for a few years now, and I'm not very far in. Is there still room in the clan for a noobie like me? My PEN I'D is SS4Dastan.

On a side note, I need to scan cephalon fragments to get to Phobos. I can't for the life of me figure this out.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing the game off and on for a few years now, and I'm not very far in. Is there still room in the clan for a noobie like me? My PEN I'D is SS4Dastan.

It will take a few days, but you're on the list. To give folks an idea of what I'm looking at for activity, we have 6 people in the clan with more than 3 days offline and the longest offline is 8 days. Activity is super solid right now, so it might be a bit before I can free up more spots.

It also means I'll be kicking people quite a bit earlier than normal, so log in at least once per week if you want to maintain your spots.

Current list:
  1. EvilMonkeyg1
  2. ddd_0815
  3. SunEL
  4. SS4Dastan

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It will take a few days, but you're on the list. To give folks an idea of what I'm looking at for activity, we have 6 people in the clan with more than 3 days offline and the longest offline is 8 days. Activity is super solid right now, so it might be a bit before I can free up more spots.

It also means I'll be kicking people quite a bit earlier than normal, so log in at least once per week if you want to maintain your spots.

Current list:
  1. EvilMonkeyg1
  2. ddd_0815
  3. SunEL
  4. SS4Dastan
Alrighty, sounds good. Thank you!

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Current list:
  1. EvilMonkeyg1
  2. ddd_0815
  3. SunEL
  4. SS4Dastan
If you want you can skip me for the moment. Next week I have a flight overseas, im gonna be gone for 2 weeks for that flight. After that I should be good though

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

On a side note, I need to scan cephalon fragments to get to Phobos. I can't for the life of me figure this out.

It's kinda annoying, in the missions you will see these balls of blue light. Those are cephalon fragments. Just scan those however many times you need to. There is only one per mission.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I'm (ddd_0815) also on vacation on sunday for 1 week. I'm back home on July 22nd. Since the demand is pretty high right now, it's ok for me if you put me some spots below.

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
New to Warframe. I would like an invite to the clan on the ps4 if possible. psn name is kadab

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
D'oh! Just logged in and did the update but saw that I got kicked out of the clan. My bad, but I was taking a Warframe break. Good to see that the interest in the game keep growing!

Deleted member 4922

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D'oh! Just logged in and did the update but saw that I got kicked out of the clan. My bad, but I was taking a Warframe break. Good to see that the interest in the game keep growing!

haha i've been kicked 3ish times now from 3-4 weeks breaks, it's not a big deal, just the limitations of a 100 person guild.. drop your PSN and you'll get invited as soon as there's a spot!

frizby

Oct 26, 2017

I just kicked you in the past couple days. Normally you'd be fine with a couple of weeks offline, but as you can see, business is picking up!

haha i've been kicked 3ish times now from 3-4 weeks breaks, it's not a big deal, just the limitations of a 100 person guild.. drop your PSN and you'll get invited as soon as there's a spot!

Exactly! I always get suggestions to expand the clan during times like this, but just a few weeks ago we had clan members with 30-40 days offline. It's just the normal cycle, and everybody who sticks with the game after the peak will easily keep a spot. We've never had enough activity to maintain 300 without significant outside recruiting, even during these peaks.

Current waiting list is:
  1. Darth_Pinche
  2. SunEL
  3. SS4Dastan
  4. kadab
  5. EvilMonkeyg1
  6. ddd_0815
Edit: Invite sent to Darth_Pinche last night...will let that sit for a day or two

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my Excal Umbra and my freebie Ash Prime. As someone who still uses Excalibur a lot (Frizby can tell you all about my melee weapon preference), this feels pretty good. Gotta love getting two free warframes that both come with new frame slots.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I keep just barely missing Primed Pressure Point and it's getting really frustrating. Ugh. It was up this month. If I'd come back from my break just a few days earlier...gah.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
This week, Baro brought the electric dual status mod set. Farming the rifle and melee ones is no big deal, but I can't recomment hightly enough that folks pick up Shellshock and Jolt.

Otherwise, not much. Pick up the armor set if you don't have it, and same for the two prisma weapons if you haven't leveled them for mastery.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
This week, Baro brought the electric dual status mod set. Farming the rifle and melee ones is no big deal, but I can't recomment hightly enough that folks pick up Shellshock and Jolt.

Otherwise, not much. Pick up the armor set if you don't have it, and same for the two prisma weapons if you haven't leveled them for mastery.

See this frustrates me even more, because this was the last Baro lineup that went up before I went on break, lol.

I swear, my timing with these things...

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey can I get a clan invite? PSN: Blackacid138

Also a link for WF ERA Discord the one in the OP seems to not be working anymore.

Deleted member 4922

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'll join the discord if we can get a working link; would be nice to have a less formal way of finding people to play with, especially for those of us on the west coast :'(

got oberon prime cooking, six forma'd my amprex this morning, thinking about messing with the atomos next

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting on like 20 Forma and I'm looking over my arsenal and I absolutely cannot decide what, if anything, I want to use them on. The only primed mods I have right now are Continuity and Flow, and I don't really have enough credits or Endo to max them out at the moment (I mean I have 3 million credits and 75,000 Endo, but that doesn't go very far when we're talking about primed mods), so I don't really know if it's even worth my time to Forma anything right now.

I think I'm just at a point where I've got so many options that I'm just kinda paralyzed with indecision. Gah.

Razgreez

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I'm sitting on like 20 Forma and I'm looking over my arsenal and I absolutely cannot decide what, if anything, I want to use them on. The only primed mods I have right now are Continuity and Flow, and I don't really have enough credits or Endo to max them out at the moment (I mean I have 3 million credits and 75,000 Endo, but that doesn't go very far when we're talking about primed mods), so I don't really know if it's even worth my time to Forma anything right now.

I think I'm just at a point where I've got so many options that I'm just kinda paralyzed with indecision. Gah.

If there's a weapon/frame you enjoy using using then focus on it first. Rank up the mods which complement its build. Or just watch a few youtube streamer videos and you'll quickly discover which are the meta weapons and frames right now and focus on them.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
If there's a weapon/frame you enjoy using using then focus on it first. Rank up the mods which complement its build. Or just watch a few youtube streamer videos and you'll quickly discover which are the meta weapons and frames right now and focus on them.

Yeah, I mean, I've Forma'd things before. Valkyr, Mesa (don't even remember doing this one), Gara, Hek, 2 Forma'd a Vaykor Marelok that absolutely tears through stuff now, etc etc. I've just got so many frames and weapons now, and I'm coming back from a long break so I don't really know how the meta has changed (for instance I had no idea about the Soundquake nerf until I tried using Banshee yesterday and hoo boy that didn't go well).

Even at MR13 and hundreds of hours played I still get confused sometimes, heh. Oh Warframe.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting into trading lately, mainly selling rivens and sculptures from sorties, raking in quite a bit if plat, so I've been snapping up good deals on vaulted primes, so far i picked up Ember for 150, Rhino for 250 and Frost for 150.

Any other recommendations for fun vaulted stuff to look out for?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I've been getting into trading lately, mainly selling rivens and sculptures from sorties, raking in quite a bit if plat, so I've been snapping up good deals on vaulted primes, so far i picked up Ember for 150, Rhino for 250 and Frost for 150.

Any other recommendations for fun vaulted stuff to look out for?

Loki, Trinity and Nova get very regular use from me...probably more than Ember, Rhino or Frost. That said, if you're planning to play long-term, I'd wait for all primes to get unvaulted and pick them up then. Nova, in particular, can't be far off.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably a day or two from getting 3-5 invites out, depending on who logs in.

Current waiting list:
  1. SunEL
  2. SS4Dastan
  3. kadab
  4. Blackacid138
  5. EvilMonkeyg1
  6. ddd_0815

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Presecond dream: this game has some neat lore but nothing substantial. At least it's fun

Me now: oh shit this is mass effect level interesting, holy shit

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Presecond dream: this game has some neat lore but nothing substantial. At least it's fun

Me now: oh shit this is mass effect level interesting, holy shit
Yep. Warframe secretly takes place in the coolest sci-fi setting in video games. I returned to the game solely for the mindless grind after dropping it for three years, completely unaware that they've added any "cinematic quests." Boy, was that quest a doozy.

The Fortuna musical number was another worldbuilding supernova. I can't remember the last time I've been so giddy to learn more about a new addition to a fictional universe (especially in video games which tend to become less interesting whenever their worlds are expanded).

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the game just keeps throwing 3-day affinity boosters at me. I redeem the one from the OLDFRIEND redemption code so I can finish leveling a few things for mastery, 12 hours before that one ends I get another from a sortie reward that I used to Forma a bunch of stuff, and now I'm coming up on my 250 day login reward that includes another one. And I also still have the PS+ booster pack I could redeem for yet another one. Gonna have to start building some mastery fodder if I don't want them to go to waste, I suppose. Does get a bit tiring farming defense missions, though (if I'm leveling something, I usually switch back and forth between Helene Saturn and Stofler Lua, with a booster I can usually get a frame and three weapons to 30 within 3 15-wave runs).

Also, since the other day when I posted about not knowing what to Forma, I've ended up Forma'ing Nidus, Pox, Frost Prime, Opticor, and Tigris Prime. And holy shit Pox is insanely strong now. 100% status with four elements and it just chews through virtually anything. Even better, I pair it up with a Condition Overload build Silva & Aegis Prime. The damage is insane.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Looking to get into the game so I made this post in another thread, but I thought I might get better answers here:

We're looking for a new co-op looter shooter after Destiny 2 flopped, but I really don't know anything about Warframe except that it's a co-op PvE shooter.

Anyone here able to sell me on Warframe and explain to me what it is, how it plays, is the shooting as satisfying as Destiny, what you do, story, co-op elements, mission structure, raids, open-world exploration areas (apparently this might be a new update?), is it easy to get into, PvP, are microtransactions affecting the grind/P2W etc?

Also, is the game kept up-to-date on PS4 or does it get late updates compared to the PC version?

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Looking to get into the game so I made this post in another thread, but I thought I might get better answers here:

You do shoot, but it's not a shooter in the same way Destiny is. It's really more focused on building characters, using their powers and faster parkour than just about anything you'll play. You'll also feel much more OP than you ever do in Destiny.

We are generally an update behind PC, and that can be both good and bad depending on the update. I like to think of them as our beta testers.

It has as fair a revenue model as you'll ever find in a F2P and is definitely not p2w. Platinum can be used to supplant lack of patience, but it's really only required for cosmetics and inventory slots, and you can easily earn enough through in-game trading to keep yourself progressing.

It's not easy to get into and has many layers of complexity and depth, but once you learn how to mod your stuff and where everything is, you're off and running.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
Clan invites sent to:
  1. SunEL
  2. SS4Dastan
  3. kadab
Current waiting list:
  1. Blackacid138
  2. EvilMonkeyg1
  3. ddd_0815
  4. Prhelion
  5. supGod

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm remembering now what triggered my last break.... Mastery 11 test might cause my PS4 to go through the wall lol

Revolverson

Oct 28, 2017
I'd also like a clan invite. PSN Id is supGod.

Also a noob question: if someone "wts frost prime" do they sell all the parts and the BP?

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
The content in this game is incredible. Something really special for sure. I go in and out of my time with Warframe but there is always so much stuff when I come back.

Bravo.

frizby

Oct 26, 2017
I anticipate getting 2-3 more invites out in the next day or so. Current list:

1. Blackacid138
  2. supGod
  3. ddd_0815
  4. Prhelion
  5. EvilMonkeyg1

Last edited:

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything in the Ghoul bounty rewards that's worth getting? I've been away for a while so this is the first time I've seen the event.