• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
you get materials, those materials will be used for blueprints which you can buy for credits (not platinum) or get as quest rewards. sometimes you also get them as daily log-in rewards

then you can use your space-3D-printer to build the weapons.
Yeah, I know, but apparently every piece of gear requires very different sets of materials. There's like dozens of them. I would rather have a crafting system more akin to Diablo 3, where you have two or three different materials and everything uses those same materials to be crafted. At least you know that you are always progressing towards something you want.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
Cross play will never happen until all platform is on the exact same build which means DE will need to stopped using the PC as an update test bed; which has been the core way of how warframe is being developed. You can't crossplay between different platforms that are on a separate build perpetually.

Cross save will never happened due to platinum economy such as platinum discounts on PC but not on consoles and different trade economy within each platform. If you can buy something on one platform for 10p and sell it on another for 50p, this throws shit off.

All solvable and done by other studios and games before. Fortnight shares the ingame earned V-bucks currency between PC, XBox, Switch & Mobile. Purchased currency stays on the platform (according to the responses I googled). That way, whatever "platform tax" the respective platform holder enforces continues to work. Purchased non currency items should be available everywhere.

Out of sync builds: Elite Dangerous also transitioned from PC first builds to synchronous update releases. PC serves as beta testbed. Here it's especially irritating that any form of cross play and unified account is missing, due to the grind heavy nature of the game.

War Thunder is furthest of the games I mentioned above. Cross play between PC and XBox as well as PC and PS4 is available, naturally the clients are in sync. Only the unified account isn't, which again, due to the grindy nature, "soft" locks people to one platform.

You're right though, with the mindset of "never going to happen" it's never going to happen. Most players will probabaly never notice or care and some very special, angstful PC players will probably applaud this, since they somehow can continue to entertain the idea that their master race platform is the center of the gaming world, at least for their game. But for me personally, the lack of these features is tangibly putting me off touching the game, because of the constellation I described above. And it stands to reason that as a studio, the devs of these games might maybe (!) benefit, if they didn't lock players onto a platform or forced them to progress separate accounts, but gave them free choice of the platform with unified account progress and also: free choice with whom to play with without forcing them into a specific gaming eco system.

It's a "Game as a Service". I cannot imagine that it's easier to maintain 4 separate services than one on different platforms, once every client has been synched and accounts have been unified.

TL;DR: Where there's a will, there's a way. Precedences exist and I feel with the rise of GaaS, they'll become more and more prevalent. I'd love if Warframe became one of them.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I know, but apparently every piece of gear requires very different sets of materials. There's like dozens of them. I would rather have a crafting system more akin to Diablo 3, where you have two or three different materials and everything uses those same materials to be crafted. At least you know that you are always progressing towards something you want.
Every resource you collect is, or will be, important, if you want to be (at least in the beginning) showered with new weapons like D3 or PoE, this game isn't for you.

The idea is to use the modding system to get the most out of each frame and weapon, you can (in many cases) quite drastically change the way a frame or weapon works through modding, frames abilities can be modified, and weapons can be changed in a variety of ways.

If there was one piece of advice I'd give to a new player is, CHILL, this game is MASSIVE, you can have many hundreds of hours and still not know or have everything in the game, just kick back, enjoy the movement, mess about in different missions, get your head around how modding works (as it's probably the single most important system in the game) and just have fun.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So earlier today I tried changing the color of my sword and I naturally hit b to go back but none od thr colors saved, so I did it again and then looked for any confirmarion that would save my sword colors, I didnt see any so I hit back again and no dice. Can anyome tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I imported my PC profile and it broke the game for me. I'll try and figure out how to fix it manana. I'd played a couple hours, and it shows my progress, but it reset me back to the tutorial and won't progress past the opening mission, on the ship.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone with performance issues until now?

Played a bit, always with a team of 3-4, beat Vor and try a bit of Cetus\Plains of Eidolon (got destroyed because I'm still low level lol) and a kind of a raid mission or something.

Noticed some framerate issues in Cetus (lot's of people) and some frame skipping thing in the Plains, but only on a team so I don't know if it was performance itself or network issues.

Anyone has any input on this?

The rest of the game has been smooth 30fps so far.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Anyone with performance issues until now?

Played a bit, always with a team of 3-4, beat Vor and try a bit of Cetus\Plains of Eidolon (got destroyed because I'm still low level lol) and a kind of a raid mission or something.

Noticed some framerate issues in Cetus (lot's of people) and some frame skipping thing in the Plains, but only on a team so I don't know if it was performance itself or network issues.

Anyone has any input on this?

The rest of the game has been smooth 30fps so far.

Yeah the framerate is far from perfect nor is it remotely locked when the action gets a little bit intense. Seeing what PB did with Wolfenstein, I have good hope that they will iron the rough edges in the next few months. If there's a game that deserves going the extra mile, it's that one.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Considering the Ps4 varion was barely playable when launched and now its very smooth, we can have good hopes.

But Im liking the performance already.

Was it really barely playable? And is it really super smooth now? I heard that the game still spends a lot of its time in the low 40s or 30s when the action get intense.
On switch, my eye detects drops in the low 20s but I guess we'll have a DF episode any day now which will give us accurate numbers on how it runs now. There is definitely progresses to be made though. The port is very serviceable, but the game still runs better on my integrated GPU at fixed 720p. I am more impressed with what they did with the last patch in WOlfenstein.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Was it really barely playable? And is it really super smooth now? I heard that the game still spends a lot of its time in the low 40s or 30s when the action get intense.
On switch, my eye detects drops in the low 20s but I guess we'll have a DF episode any day now which will give us accurate numbers on how it runs now. There is definitely progresses to be made though. The port is very serviceable, but the game still runs better on my integrated GPU at fixed 720p. I am more impressed with what they did with the last patch in WOlfenstein.

As a vanilla ps4 owner, I find anything over 30 to be smooth.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I'm having a great time doing it.
That's the best way to start playing the game, if you just play, you can circumvent a lot of the specific grinding people do.

Just let things accrue organically and you'll have a much better time than trying to grind for a specific thing.

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone managed to get the Twitch Prime loot weapons to show up on Switch? I've got the other bonuses, but not that one for some reason.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
As a vanilla ps4 owner, I find anything over 30 to be smooth.

It may just be me, but I vastly prefer a locked 30fps than a fluctuating framerate targeting 60fps. This is why I would probably prefer Wolfenstein on Switch rather than on XB1 were, from what I've seen, the framerate dipped much more often albeit targeting 60.

FOr Warframe, I think PB made the right choice with 30fps. When it's locked, the game remains very playable and it doesn't affect the gameplay in a significant way. Nevertheless, I really hope they can both stabilize it AND make the resolution drops less aggressive. They did it before, I have faith that they will do the same here. Warframe deserves more love and elbow grease than Wolfenstein.
Either way, this is my new favorite way to play warframe.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Is it unusual for a new player to enjoy solo much more than group? Because I do. A lot of it is probably down to my choice of missions for each playstyle though. I like spy missions the most (aside from struggling to select the right tile to rotate for the hacking mini-game) because I get to take it slow and snipe or backstab enemies. Defense missions I group up for because they're rough solo and everything quickly becomes a mess of bodies and explosions and I lose sight of what's happening.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Looking around feels SUPER sensitive and aiming feels so sluggish.

Having lighting issues but I wonder if that is my TV.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Is it unusual for a new player to enjoy solo much more than group? Because I do. A lot of it is probably down to my choice of missions for each playstyle though. I like spy missions the most (aside from struggling to select the right tile to rotate for the hacking mini-game) because I get to take it slow and snipe or backstab enemies. Defense missions I group up for because they're rough solo and everything quickly becomes a mess of bodies and explosions and I lose sight of what's happening.

I prefer to do spy missions solo. It's too easy for one of the other players to cause the mission to fail otherwise. One thing you can is buy the blueprint for cyphers for credits from the market. Craft some and make sure you have them when you do a spy mission. They let you immediately complete the hacking minigame. Handy if something has gone south and you have seconds left to shut down the alarm.

I generally prefer to do exterminate missions solo too. The rest I'm quite happy to party up.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer to do spy missions solo. It's too easy for one of the other players to cause the mission to fail otherwise. One thing you can is buy the blueprint for cyphers for credits from the market. Craft some and make sure you have them when you do a spy mission. They let you immediately complete the hacking minigame. Handy if something has gone south and you have seconds left to shut down the alarm.

I generally prefer to do exterminate missions solo too. The rest I'm quite happy to party up.
I thought the cyphers only worked on regular alarms and not the data vaults in spy missions. That's what I read the descriptive text as, anyway. Am I mistaken?

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
So far, most group missions I've done were like speedruns. with player rushing like crazy. Sometimes I didn't even had to shoot one mob...

I know it's the beginning, but maaaan, it's not fun at all.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
you can make warframe on switch run a little better by turning down particle effects and ambient occlusion

I really hope if DF makes a video, they test different settings Dark1x >> please?

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So far, most group missions I've done were like speedruns. with player rushing like crazy. Sometimes I didn't even had to shoot one mob...

Yeah this is my experience at the moment . Will give it a bit more time but ready to drop it at the moment.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017

It took me a bit before I started grouping because of how overwhelming everything felt. I mostly solo my way through the system but will group up for things like relic farming and farming bosses for drops.

Nathan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
France
I like to play solo so I can explore as much as I want.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah this is my experience at the moment . Will give it a bit more time but ready to drop it at the moment.
I mostly prefer solo other than defense, survive and boss fight. Other than those, it is better to play solo so that I have time for loots.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the cyphers only worked on regular alarms and not the data vaults in spy missions. That's what I read the descriptive text as, anyway. Am I mistaken?
They work on both. Well apart from Sortie missions, you can't use Ciphers on those. Sorties are a late game thing though.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

After you get your bearings there's not a lot of reason to slowly go through the level killing everything and opening crates, so most players will beeline to the objective and then to the goal. If you're new or just want to take your time to farm things, usually it's better to put it on solo so you don't have to worry about it. If you stick with the game you'll eventually find yourself bullet jumping from objective to objective too.

Oct 25, 2017

they work on any panel.

only in some end game missions (i.e Sorties) they will be deactivated so you cant use them.

Tip for Corpus panels (especially the high level ones) to always keep in mind is to always connect the outer lines first then do the inside (which 99.9% of the time you can then spam until it connects).

The Grineer ones are just timing so it shouldn't be much of an issue but make note that the direction of the spinning thing will change once you unlock one of the slices on the high level version.

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is if anyone has played the game a decent amount before, the tile-sets can get a bit repetitive, so that's part of the reason it devolves to just rushing through. It's not really helped by the fact most mission types don't really offer incentives to explore, besides the ones with secret caches to find.

I'd agree with others saying to either just set it to solo, or even better find some like-minded people to play with until you hit the stage of just running through yourself, lol.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The game is completely broken when you import PC account. Had to replay the tutorial, but can't get passed the 'Restore Ship Comms' prompt on the ship. Can't complete the tutorial...can't play the game. Restarting doesn't fix. Absolutely sucks.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game is completely broken when you import PC account. Had to replay the tutorial, but can't get passed the 'Restore Ship Comms' prompt on the ship. Can't complete the tutorial...can't play the game. Restarting doesn't fix. Absolutely sucks.
I know 3 people who migrated from pc and don't have this problem. have you reached out to DE yet? either on twitter or the support ?

really sucks that that happened to you and I hope they can fix your account soon. I'll migrate tonight :|.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I know 3 people who migrated from pc and don't have this problem. have you reached out to DE yet? either on twitter or the support ?

really sucks that that happened to you. I'll migrate tonight :|.

I'm assuming it's if you haven't played for a while? In my case years. As the game makes you re-run the tutorial due to 'changes since you last played'. Someone in the chat on the game right now is having the exact same problem, and someone posted here regarding it. I've tried reaching out on Twitter, just awaiting a response. There's a forum thread with the issue 8 hours ago, no response.

Hmm, I imported my PC profile and it broke the game for me. I'll try and figure out how to fix it manana. I'd played a couple hours, and it shows my progress, but it reset me back to the tutorial and won't progress past the opening mission, on the ship.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
They need to add switch login to the app so I can finish building my primes at work.

Also my account got all wonky after I copied my pc account. All of the junctions I have done show up as missing steps, even though they act like they are open. My mastery level is also less than it was on PC.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
One thing you can is buy the blueprint for cyphers for credits from the market. Craft some and make sure you have them when you do a spy mission. They let you immediately complete the hacking minigame. Handy if something has gone south and you have seconds left to shut down the alarm.

Good tip! Those blueprints went right to the top of my wishlist. Alas, it is too late to use my 75% discount coupon on it, so I'll have to wait a little until I feel comfortable spending 250k credits on it, but I'm sure the peace of mind from knowing my third vault reward is safe will be worth the price.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
Good tip! Those blueprints went right to the top of my wishlist. Alas, it is too late to use my 75% discount coupon on it, so I'll have to wait a little until I feel comfortable spending 250k credits on it, but I'm sure the peace of mind from knowing my third vault reward is safe will be worth the price.

The 250k credits one is to build 10 at once and you won't have access to the materials for it until later. There's a much cheaper one that builds one at a time (60 seconds per) that uses materials you can easily get right from the start.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
My husband and I were playing together yesterday and on one mission (I had the game open to everyone) two random players joined us and one of them just ran through the level apparently as fast as they could while the other three of us (being completely new) fumbled through.

I set the online to Friends Only after that and we've had a lot of fun exploring and messing around together. I did plan on playing online with randoms at some point, I hope as the game progresses there are some modes or game types that don't encourage everyone to just rocket through.

Being new to Diablo I also experienced a bit of this starting out on that game but eventually found a flow with randoms and came to understand what to expect, hope the same happens here.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
they work on any panel.

only in some end game missions (i.e Sorties) they will be deactivated so you cant use them.

Tip for Corpus panels (especially the high level ones) to always keep in mind is to always connect the outer lines first then do the inside (which 99.9% of the time you can then spam until it connects).

The Grineer ones are just timing so its shouldn't be much of an issue but make note that the direction of the spinning thing will change once you unlock on of the slices on the high level versions.
This is a great tip! The panels can get difficult although I always keep 3 cyphers on me just in case

OP
OP
Glitchesarecool
Oct 25, 2017
with mrs. glitches
So I accidentally clicked MAG instead of the well rounded one. I've played the game on PS4 but I still consider myself new so I wanted to make things as easy as possible for myself. So far though I'm really liking the frame or whatever. Also for the very first mission do they lock the graphics toggles? I wasn't able to adjust them till I got on the ship, basically turned most everything off.

Yeah, it even says "not available until orbiter" or something like that.

The only time Ciphers can't be used is for Sortie (endgame challenge) missions. Otherwise they're good for any hackable panel.

Just this morning I did the first bit of the tutorial and migrated over before even finishing it. Had my full account with no errors. Keep reporting it to DE, I'm sure the console team is running around trying to fix up everything.