• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how far they have come. I remember playing this during PS4 launch and it was a bit shit. Now I have clocked over 300 hours into it. Legit the best Loot-Shooter available with a very fair monetization model and some of the most unique artstyles around.

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
I haven't played Warframe since the early days on PC, It looks completely different now. I might have to give it a go on PS5.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Seems with Activities you can jump straight into the action without having to load the game. That's pretty insane.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I sunk around 200 hours into this when I got a PS4. I always planned to go back, but my backlog would get in the way. I might have to install this again on the PS5.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
CROSS-PLAY, ACTIVITIES, ADAPTIVE TRIGGERS
No Tenno is complete without their Squad. Which is why giving you the ability to play with your PS4 friends was a huge priority for us in developing our next-gen experience. You'll be able to move seamlessly between platforms or play with your Squad regardless if they're on PS4 or PS5.

What this means for those who are taking the generational leap, is that your profile, along with your progress, will be saved and will follow you to your PS5.

You'll also have new ways to keep track of your progress, and access to exclusive challenges and rewards with the Activities feature. Progress Activities will show you exactly how close you are to earning a Trophy, while Challenge Activities will get you right into the action with no need to load the game. The first will be a Sanctuary Onslaught Challenge, with more to come!

When we saw the promise of the DualSense controller and Adaptive Triggers, we immediately realized the potential of creating a more exhilarating combat experience. At launch, you'll feel the impact of every shot fired with each trigger pull, bringing a new level of immersion and thrill to your actions without comprising the tight, fast, fluid and responsive controls that you can only get in Warframe.

As we explore the more advanced Haptic technology, we'll soon be able to generate vibration patterns that match in-game environments for greater immersion: feeling the cold snow crunch under your feet on Venus in contrast to the soft-footing of a dusty Mars settlement. We are a strange sci-fi game with moments of intense action, but we also have moments of intimate character interaction, emotional story-telling, mind-body experiences, and explorations of extra-dimensional spaces — those are moments that can also be enhanced while playing with a DualSense controller.
blog.playstation.com

Warframe comes to PS5: How Digital Extremes is evolving their hit looter shooter

Experience faster, better-looking gameplay later this year.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Best looter shooter out there. Infinitely deep theory crafting and visual customization. Fair economy. Awesome transparent devs

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I haven't actually played Warframe since the early days on PS4, but I'm tempted to jump back in on PS5 again.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Game always looks awesome but once you start controlling the character it feels off and the gun play doesn't feel as good.
Maybe I'll try again for the 7th time.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great (for decade-old game even as it's bones). All those bonus are awesome as well

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Really nice to see direct-gameplay Activities support, and adaptive trigger support. Sounds like general Dualsense haptics will come in another update, but it's nice they're taking the time to (presumably!) do it well.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My plan was to jump back into it with PS5 and hoped it would have a better framerate. Now this is so perfect! Can't wait!!

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Warframe is a great game, but please be aware that it is seriously addictive. I have had to completely cut it out of my life, including moving away from the Youtubers, to not get stuck in the game. It is basically on the same level as Destiny.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
incredible. every comparison for next gen take note! these side-by-sides do the job so well. awesome!!

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game always looks awesome but once you start controlling the character it feels off and the gun play doesn't feel as good.
Maybe I'll try again for the 7th time.
Character control is my biggest turn off with this game. Which is a shame because it seems like something I would like, and I always redeem free warframes from PS+, twitch prime, and gamepass rewards lol.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
So you can only transfer PS4 progression to the PS5 version? I was hoping that with the next gen versions they would be finally pushing for some sort of cross-progression.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Performance is really bad on PS4 Pro. I was hoping the PS5 would be able to brute force the game to running at a somewhat stable 60 FPS. Hope the upgrade to 4K doesn't mean it's still going to run like garbage next gen.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
I also haven't played this since the PS4 first launched - but this looks fun. I will def give it a try.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Best looter shooter out there. Infinitely deep theory crafting and visual customization. Fair economy. Awesome transparent devs

This is all very encouraging to hear as someone who hasn't really touched it. I think I turned it on for 15 minutes early on during the PS4, but never really gave it a fair shake.

Maybe I'll jump in now

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
This all sounds great but I'd love a platinum trophy lol.

Also, if Sony actually succeeded in acquiring Leyou I'd guess we'd see a huge push for this game, it has been very present already on both PS4 and not PS5 for boths launches.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The lighting looks completely different. Kind of a nice improvement. Loading times getting better will be huge.

MekaMachine

Banned
Sep 17, 2020
Wow I wrote this off after I played it super early in like 2014 . This looks crazy good now. Will ps5 version have raytracing?

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Havent played this game since the PS4. Excited to see how different it is!

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Time to jump back in.

I really do hope they add cross-progression eventually though. I'd like to jump between Playstation, Switch, and PC with all my stuff.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
The next gen renderer is already an option with raytracing support coming soon. It runs really well tho VRAM usage can cap out on older cards.
That's nice. I'll look up a few videos to see how different areas look.

Also, I think the best part about this PS5 version is the shortening of the ungodly long load times of the open worlds.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've tried Warframe a couple times over the years and it never clicked with me. It felt really floaty or something. Was that just me, or my suit? I'll give it a try again on PS5.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Actually a really great trailer to show off the differences. Good Job team.

I wonder when they will launch their ray tracing next gen renderer. Anyone have any idea of an ETA there? Should be awesome to see.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Actually a really great trailer to show off the differences. Good Job team.

I wonder when they will launch their ray tracing next gen renderer. Anyone have any idea of an ETA there? Should be awesome to see.

Ray Tracing is planned too for their next roadmap.

Here is what they excatly enhanced in this update:

forums.warframe.com

The Enhanced Graphics Engine

We’re moving into “Next Gen” by phasing out our old rendering engine! The launcher option has been moved into the Options screen as we want to get more Tenno onboard for testing it! Enhanced (formerly referred to as ‘Deferred’) is a complete redesign to achieve more accurate reflections and give ...

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I clearly have been out of the loop with this game. I remember Dark Sector-suit-guys wall-running and dual-wielding, but now it has space battles, mechs, 6DOF-battle transformations, etc.?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I clearly have been out of the loop with this game. I remember Dark Sector-suit-guys wall-running and dual-wielding, but now it has space battles, mechs, 6DOF-battle transformations, etc.?
Warframe is the definition of a Game as a Service done right.
It is exceptional in how far the devs push their engine and their game. Constantly reinventing it while never removing content.
It's also a jank fest and everything is kinda half done, but that's the fun of it.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
It looks great, but from the comparison shots my main takeaway is that PS5 makes the lighting brighter.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Stuttering in the video isn't the most...flattering.

It's not in the video, it's a thing that happens when you load the open world areas. Happens on all platforms and it seems even SSDs couldn't help remove it. Loadings got faster but didn't remove that hallway stuttering.

It looks great, but from the comparison shots my main takeaway is that PS5 makes the lighting brighter.

It's their new voxel based lighting system. Check the link I posted above.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It's not in the video, it's a thign that happens when you load the open world areas. Happens on all platforms and it seems even SSDs couldn't help remove it. Loadings got faster but didn't remove that hallway stuttering.
Ah, makes sense. Jarring watching but I'm sure if you play on the regular, it's more of a normalized thing over time.