• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
new railjack is a mess. Buggy missions, doors not opening. Haven't managed to actually complete a new mission yet. Fun times.

(EDIT) and here comes the hot fixes...

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
new railjack is a mess. Buggy missions, doors not opening. Haven't managed to actually complete a new mission yet. Fun times.

between that and the inflated endo costs of the new plexus mods i'm glad consoles aren't day and date right now. i'm also not looking forward to another forma sink. always seems to be one step forward, two steps back

Oct 26, 2017

Offensive (RB+B) isn't working on Xbox One controller.
Also crew right arm and leg attatchments is bugged. Last item selects antepenultimate item.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hi!

Is it still possible to join the Era clan? I'm pretty sure I used to be in it a while ago but I stopped playing. Now that I have started playing again I would love to get a home!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Man, this thread is so dead I get a "it's likely bumping it serves no purpose" warning. :D

Haven't been playing that often myself (damn you, Genshin Impact), but out of curiosity I just checked if the Sisters of Davos update had dropped, and indeed it did, ten days ago:

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos UPDATE 30.5 SISTERS OF PARVOS PUBLIC TRELLO BOARD: https://wrfr.me/2UserTy SISTERS OF PARVOS Parvos Granum’s days of collecting grain are far behind him. His newest grand achievement, born of technology and a desire for family, has finally come to fruition. Modeled ...
It's a really meaty upgrade; I don't know why they haven't made it into a mainline rather than the 30.5.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
And while it's bumped, Tennocon is tomorrow, revealing The New War and giving away Loki Prime sets (+slot etc.)

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this thread is so dead I get a "it's likely bumping it serves no purpose" warning. :D

Haven't been playing that often myself (damn you, Genshin Impact), but out of curiosity I just checked if the Sisters of Davos update had dropped, and indeed it did, ten days ago:

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos UPDATE 30.5 SISTERS OF PARVOS PUBLIC TRELLO BOARD: https://wrfr.me/2UserTy SISTERS OF PARVOS Parvos Granum’s days of collecting grain are far behind him. His newest grand achievement, born of technology and a desire for family, has finally come to fruition. Modeled ...
It's a really meaty upgrade; I don't know why they haven't made it into a mainline rather than the 30.5.

Just feels natural after a while for communities to shift to more dedicated spaces. I suppose it's surprising new players haven't popped in as it's been doing well recently with player numbers going up (at least on steam).

As for the update, yeah this'll keep me occupied for a while. I usually burn through new content but I still don't have even half of the new gear yet. Maxing it all out is going to take ages.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
I've been digging the new update. Guns are good again, more or less everything 'feels' good. I'm also kind of okay with Steel Path becoming the new 'norm' but they're going to have to add relic cracking and the like to it at some point.

(EDIT) new frame is a dumpster fire though, big whiff on that change.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
And while it's bumped, Tennocon is tomorrow, revealing The New War and giving away Loki Prime sets (+slot etc.)

Oh, nice, got to keep this in mind.

Just feels natural after a while for communities to shift to more dedicated spaces.

Yeah, I guess so. That's a rabbit hole I generally try to avoid, Era takes too much of my time already.

(EDIT) new frame is a dumpster fire though, big whiff on that change.

Aw, how so? Is it too weak?

Edit: Reading over the patch notes, I love how they absolutely never learn:
  • These Elite Crewmates have two more Competency Points and they have a random trait based on which of their Competencies have the most points.
    • For example: If their Gunnery skills have the most Competency Points, this Crew member could have "50% more damage with Zetki weapons". If their Piloting skills have the most Competency Points, this Crew member could have "Increase effectiveness of Lavan engines by 25%". So on and so forth!
As if the three houses shit for RJ parts wasn't enough of an overcomplicated mess, the Command 10 intrinsic gives you the gift of having to worry about your crew having preferences. Seriously, how many times do they have to learn this exact same lesson? It took them like a year to backpedal and unify RJ mods, and they do this now?

Last edited:

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
[QUOTE="Weltall Zero, post: 69626667, member: 8546]

Aw, how so? Is it too weak?
[/QUOTE]

She's a k drive Warframe. That should be enough to turn off anyone but if not, she's also highly under tuned (just bad numbers). Her passive is fine

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
I hope the next Nightwave is starting soon, I need them free slots. I'm not sure how they're going to make Yareli not suck, her main gimmick is too unwieldy.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The team stalling for time while the server techs work overtime to get the relays working, and then giving up and showing it on stream instead, is the most Warframe thing. Never change, DE.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely wasn't expecting to see crossplay, great to see they've committed to both. That quest looks superb!

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was golfing today just got home to find out the news and then that I had missed drops. That was a pretty small window.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Let's say the last time I played Warframe was before the Railjack launch (so somewhere in 2019 I guess).
I did complete all of the star map and most/all quests.

What should I do?
There is so much shit, I'm overwhelmed.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say the last time I played Warframe was before the Railjack launch (so somewhere in 2019 I guess).

What should I do?

Quests -> finish starchart (railjack missions) -> find something you want to farm and farm it.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

What should I do?
  • Finish the quests
  • Finish the Railjack starchart
  • Rank up Deimos and preferably unlock the ability to Subsume Warframes
  • Grind new frames
  • Grind new guns from Sisters and Liches
  • Do Railjack Void Storms, Arbitrations and/or Steel Path and get the fancy rewards from their vendors.
That's about it I think. I quit around the same time and only came back like last week.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Quests -> finish starchart (railjack missions) -> find something you want to farm and farm it.
  • Finish the quests
  • Finish the Railjack starchart
  • Rank up Deimos and preferably unlock the ability to Subsume Warframes
  • Grind new frames
  • Grind new guns from Sisters and Liches
  • Do Railjack Void Storms, Arbitrations and/or Steel Path and get the fancy rewards from their vendors.
That's about it I think. I quit around the same time and only came back like last week.
Thanks!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I have not played since a couple of patches after Nekros dropped. I have installed a few times since, done a mission or two, and just felt overwhelmed and uninstalled.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a returning player here? Is there a good way you can think of to try to ease back into things?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

What should I do?

Depends on what kind of player you are. Especially at endgame, Warframe is kind of a very different game depending on whether your goals are e.g. completionism or being overpowered (not that you can't do both, of course).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I have not played since a couple of patches after Nekros dropped. I have installed a few times since, done a mission or two, and just felt overwhelmed and uninstalled.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a returning player here? Is there a good way you can think of to try to ease back into things?

I think the best way to enjoy Warframe is with a senior player that guides you through it. There's just so many things and too many overcomplicated systems for one single bullet point list to cover them (each bullet point will require either a page or two of clarification, or reading the wiki).

Did you complete the star chart and clear all quests? As mentioned above that's the best start.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think the best way to enjoy Warframe is with a senior player that guides you through it. There's just so many things and too many overcomplicated systems for one single bullet point list to cover them (each bullet point will require either a page or two of clarification, or reading the wiki).

Did you complete the star chart and clear all quests? As mentioned above that's the best start.
Does the game do a better job from the start of easing a new player into everything, or is it still a case of needing to read external stuff to grasp it all?

If it's the former, I might just make a new account and play through until it catches up to my main and then hop over.
If it's the latter... it's probably best to try again to dive in and struggle through.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017

I was pretty much in the same position as you back when I got sucked back in. In my case, I just went through the Star Chart, doing levels and quests as they came. If I came to a boss that dropped frame parts, I would grind it out and then move on. I also tried to explore the entire level each time, which really helped with getting a feel for where resources are hidden, and definitely helped with not getting burnt out by just going as fast as possible.

I did this solo, though. As soon as you start playing with randoms, every mission is going to be a speed-run. Great when you're grinding out frame or weapon parts, not so great when you want to take your time and explore. This also had the added benefit of keeping my resources stacked so I could actually craft all the stuff I wanted to, as well as keeping the mods flowing. I also switched weapons and frames as they maxed out in level to be efficient with the exp. and rank.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Does the game do a better job from the start of easing a new player into everything, or is it still a case of needing to read external stuff to grasp it all?

If it's the former, I might just make a new account and play through until it catches up to my main and then hop over.
If it's the latter... it's probably best to try again to dive in and struggle through.

The latter, unfortunately. Cosmic Schwung describes it perfectly above; you may think it's hyperbole, but it's not. It's literally a new cinematic and a new first quest (which you can replay from the codex in your main account anyway).

I rather enjoy helping people out learn new systems in Warframe (when RJ was released, people stuck around after missions while I explained all of its systems), so I'll be more than happy to help anyone learn the game, answer any question, or carry them if needed. Don't be shy and PM me here on Era, or add me in-game (
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
). I'm logged in right now, and will be playing for a bit; so if anyone is free right now, just hit me up (this goes for strudelkuchen and anyone else as well :) ).

Edit: BTW, right now, what you should do if you haven't, is completing the two TennoCon Gift of the Lotus alerts that award an Orokin Reactor and Orokin Catalyzer, as they're only up for today.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The latter, unfortunately. Cosmic Schwung describes it perfectly above; you may think it's hyperbole, but it's not. It's literally a new cinematic and a new first quest (which you can replay from the codex in your main account anyway).

I rather enjoy helping people out learn new systems in Warframe (when RJ was released, people stuck around after missions while I explained all of its systems), so I'll be more than happy to help anyone learn the game, answer any question, or carry them if needed. Don't be shy and PM me here on Era, or add me in-game ([Hidden content]). I'm logged in right now, and will be playing for a bit; so if anyone is free right now, just hit me up (this goes for strudelkuchen and anyone else as well :) ).

Edit: BTW, right now, what you should do if you haven't, is completing the two TennoCon Gift of the Lotus alerts that award an Orokin Reactor and Orokin Catalyzer, as they're only up for today.
Appreciate the offer, but I've not even installed it yet haha. Just seen a few WF threads and articles and got curious, and being indecisive about which GaaS/MMO I want to get into. Will keep it in mind if I do end up going for it, for sure!

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017

When I eased back in a little while ago, I started with just hitting up the popular grind spots for Defense - Helene, Saturn or Hydron, Sedna depending on low/high level, or if available a relic-cracking defense mission. The standard planets will get you relics, the relic-cracking missions will get you prime parts which are always useful. These will be new to you, but the defense version is very easy - just don't immediately nuke every non-corrupted enemy all the time - corrupted enemies drop reactant, you need to collect 10 to crack your relic. 5 waves is plenty of time for this.

These easy yet fun missions (so long as you like defense, it's always been a fav of mine) are nice to get back in to it, re-learn the flow of movement and combat, and the small non-moving area give you a good chance to see other people with unusual frames and weapons in action and perhaps wonder "oh what is that I want it!". Then delve in to the world of wikia to find out how to obtain...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Appreciate the offer, but I've not even installed it yet haha. Just seen a few WF threads and articles and got curious, and being indecisive about which GaaS/MMO I want to get into. Will keep it in mind if I do end up going for it, for sure!

Offer still stands if / when you decide to get into it. :)

As to whether you should, the usual caveats apply; it depends on how tolerant you are of bugs and a game design that's the result of growing organically and experimentally (or being less generous, bolting new systems into old ones any which way) through eight years, while rarely pruning off any failed content. There's no shortage of great stuff there, but there's no shortage of "why is this in the game", either.

GroundCombo

Oct 27, 2017
As to whether you should, the usual caveats apply; it depends on how tolerant you are of bugs and a game design that's the result of growing organically and experimentally (or being less generous, bolting new systems into old ones any which way) through eight years, while rarely pruning off any failed content. There's no shortage of great stuff there, but there's no shortage of "why is this in the game", either.

That's kind of why I still love Warframe. They're not afraid of throwing new completely off-the-wall stuff into the mix; sometimes it is a horrible failure, sometimes it's brilliant.
As for bugs, I think it's been relatively nice for a while - big updates of course still usually need a few hotfixes, but I haven't bumped into anything egregious lately.

In other news, the Vermisplicer primary rips and tears with the new mods. I need to test it more in Steel Path, but in a quick simulacrum test it out-DPSd my Kuva Nukor which is no small feat.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
That's kind of why I still love Warframe. They're not afraid of throwing new completely off-the-wall stuff into the mix; sometimes it is a horrible failure, sometimes it's brilliant.

I have a deep, intense love/hate relationship with the game, and the experimental nature of Warframe is at the root of both. On one hand it has given us some mechanics that are so literally unique that you won't find in any other game. But on the other, their reluctance to bring the axe to the branches that clearly didn't pan out bloat the game to unbelievable and unmanageable dimensions.

During Tennocon, the gameplay designer brought a bit more light about their reluctance of reworking older, failed content, be it game modes or Warframes, and to an extent, some of his explanations hold some water: people rarely go back to older content or frames they didn't like even if you rework them to be better; that effort could be put towards making something new, and some people like that old content the way it is and may be alienated by the changes. But on the other hand... can anyone say with a straight face that the game would not be improved by removing the likes of Defection missions and have Harrow's parts drop... well, anywhere except three completely random places with ridiculously different drop rates?

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I dunno, I use Zephyr a lot now. I would start to use some older frames if they got a bit more useful or fun to use. I wasn't really on the same page with Pablo on that and think the explanation was a bit weird.