• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Being a big fan of the original and a big fan of old Blizzard this is beyond sad. This kind of shit is what you would expect from some no name developer and a bad game destined to become a meme, like Big Rigs or something like that, not fucking Blizzard :(

I was looking forward to this but didn't follow its development until now, damn. The fact that this is now more or less the official thread speaks for itself.

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
What is this shit Blizzard.... Have they officially commented on this awful release?

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
How did they take so long to make something so half-assed? Blizzard what has happened to you. It's 2020 a remaster needs to LOOK like a 2020 game, not like some up-res HD patch. That's not even starting on how they can justify charging so much for this.

Does not fill me with confidence for Diablo 4 and beyond.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I had no idea they scrapped everything from that reveal trailer, I was pretty hype on this. I was never too big on these types of games online so I just wanted the single player stuff.

Any help with getting a refund? I don't see it under support - payments like normal but I'll poke around. I didn't even boot the game or install it, I canceled the download after I saw the thread.

EDIT. Found it under requesting a ticket.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I would have been ok with just a reskin but the effort was so poor here I decided to request a refund regardless. I don't understand why, but the main menu runs at like 5fps. That shit has worse lag than Sonic games on the mega collection. I love Warcraft III but damn did they fuck this up, holy shit. The forums are a shitstorm, reddit is a shitstorm, they really need to just take that game down and rework the whole thing.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm glad I was too lazy to preorder. Really fucking kills me though, because I wanted a full remaster so badly. And a lot of the model work is great. They made tons of models for random enemies, one off bosses, and more. And to see it all seemingly gone to waste because Blizzard decided to cheap out if infuriating

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah Beta was not great.. but I was truly expecting them to at least release a solid game when all was said and done.

It's my all time favorite game. And nothing else comes close.. and now this :(

I usually never ever ever pre-order games.. but here I'm thinking WC3 is a safe bet.. guess not.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Well I had no idea they scrapped everything from that reveal trailer, I was pretty hype on this. I was never too big on these types of games online so I just wanted the single player stuff.

Any help with getting a refund? I don't see it under support - payments like normal but I'll poke around. I didn't even boot the game or install it, I canceled the download after I saw the thread.

EDIT. Found it under requesting a ticket.
It's easy to get a refund im hearing, they know there was a lot of false advertising for this, so might as well give people back their money.

Dernus

Oct 27, 2017
This was the first Blizzard game I did not pre-order, I don't know what it was but something always kept me from hitting purchase. Make's me sad this release is trash but I'm glad I didn't spend the $.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
This is a 2020 release. 2019 saw Microsoft release Age of Empires and Age of Empires 2. Both of those are way better remasters compared to this. Remember when Blizzard was hyping starting their Blizzard Classics team? Look at their output. Pathetic that they hyped this up. This should have been 10 dollars at most.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Another thing they took away is the minimalist UI option, im not sure why.

np0chiqz2nd41.png

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Warcraft 3 Refunded: Exodus of the fans.. Am I right??

I just cancelled my pre order, I was really looking forward to replaying WC3 as I no longer have access to a copy.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's a lot of backlash over some cutscenes which are like 1% of the game. I feel people are forming a wrong opinion due to that, which is unfair, the game is fantastic!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Ok so ultrawide DOES work if you select windowless fullscreen and it seems mostly fine so far but I don't know why I can't just pick my 3440x1440 resolution in game in fullscreen.

Also, the models and effects look fine but why does the terrain and trees look like they came straight out of 2003? Dota 2 and Starcraft 2 look better than this and those came out almost a decade ago. I don't understand how you release a game in 2020 and have it not look better than something that came out 10 years ago.

Last edited:

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I dunno, I'm miffed at the cutscene thing too, but I'm having a lot of fun playing the campaign again.

I do wish I didn't go all-in with the $40 edition. I'd even say wait for a sale. But if you want an excuse to play WC3 again, this is fine.

Not amazing like I expected, but fine.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I just bought it (downloading now), been working all day and have not read any of the updates. Can someone confirm if the single player campaign still has all of the remastered assets?

Im not interested in a lot beyond that, I skimmed these last 2 pages and seems like things are fucked?

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Don't care about the pre-rendered scenes, but the fact they charged $40 for updated assets and nothing else pisses me off.

I would have reconciled with having them updating the in-game scenes like they showed on Blizzcon in 2018, but since they didn't even stick to it, I cannot even begin to describe my disappointment.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Well I am now thankful that the Diablo II Remaster seems to have been forgotten by Blizzard.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Im just stunned by the lack of care given to the game, they gutted the developers working on it and erased previous features they originally promised. Has to be one of the laziest *remakes* I have ever seen.

They did EXACTLY the same to StarCraft remastered. Activision gutted the team making it late in development essentially making it impossible to release in a great state. It'll get better, you've just gotta give the devs time.

I just want to throw this out there as well that the people working on the classic games team at Blizzard are all amazing people and they all love what they're working on, but they've been fucked over by their higher ups. (I've met a lot of them and they really all do have a lot of passion for the games they've made)

Oct 27, 2017
This release is beyond disappointing. The only thing that was updated was the graphics and because Blizzard insisted on using the same engine (let's be real, likely due to budget constraints and not to maintain cross compatability as they said) it looks no better than Starcraft 2, a game that came out over a decade ago, and certainly worse than Dota 2. Why couldn't they do what the Halo remaster did and put a brand new engine on top of the original to maintain the original gameplay feel while allowing for a more modern looking game? I mean, if your only selling point is going to be updated graphics, at least make it look like it was released in the last decade.

Then there's the lack of new cutscenes as was initially promised, the lack of basic features and bugs, and that's even after a lengthy beta period and a delay. As someone who grew up on Warcraft 3 and patiently waited over a decade for Blizzard to acknowledge Warcraft as an RTS again, this was a huge kick to the balls. Honestly, it sucks to say, but Blizzard should have just cancelled this and I'm shocked that they thought this was acceptable for a game as important as Warcraft 3.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Post on their forums says they are looking into Ultrawide, still not holding my breath though knowing how Blizzard treats it in their other games:
Howdy!

Our developers are currently looking into 3440 x 1440 (Ultra wide) resolution not showing up and it's currently under investigation. I don't have much more data than that. I would recommend to continue this thread on the Bug Report forums.

Thank you.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
WC3 Reforged, "original" graphics:
5girY48.jpg

WC3 Reforged, "updated" graphics:
E4xnTWI.jpg

This thread seems to be going off the rails without people posting comparison images. Love it or hate it, you can at least offer some A/B tests.

It's a bummer to see that Blizzcon 2018 video compared to the current build, however. Especially since the characters in the "updated" graphics version have mouths that move in sync with the dialogue (not just in the portraits), so it's almost as if they could've moved the camera around and offered that cinematic presentation anyway.

I'm also annoyed that the campaigns are locked unless you beat them in order. No Frozen Throne access at launch if you don't have a compatible save file. I get that there's an expectation with the story-driven format to play them in order, but... c'mon, Blizz.

I'm gonna spend more time with this before offering a verdict.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
WC3 Reforged, "original" graphics:
5girY48.jpg

WC3 Reforged, "updated" graphics:
E4xnTWI.jpg

This thread seems to be going off the rails without people posting comparison images. Love it or hate it, you can at least offer some A/B tests.

It's a bummer to see that Blizzcon 2018 video compared to the current build, however. Especially since the characters in the "updated" graphics version have mouths that move in sync with the dialogue (not just in the portraits), so it's almost as if they could've moved the camera around and offered that cinematic presentation anyway.

I'm also annoyed that the campaigns are locked unless you beat them in order. No Frozen Throne access at launch if you don't have a compatible save file. I get that there's an expectation with the story-driven format to play them in order, but... c'mon, Blizz.

I'm gonna spend more time with this before offering a verdict.

Thank you for this! This is ... what I envisioned. Redone assets. I just launched the game and things look good.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Don't plan on installing this (I uninstalled the b.net launcher after the whole china sit) but I had preordered this game. Luckily it was all from grinding in WoW so I didn't actually spend any money, just 2 free months of WoW I wouldn't have played anyways.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
All the complaining aside, can anyone try it/did anyone try it with integrated graphic chips? I currently don't have access to my gaming PC, only to my Ultrabook, which only has the integrated GPU from the i5-8350U, so UHD 620 GPU. Will this be ok/enough the run the game (story only)?

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of remasters of classic RTS games, ya'll might be interested in C&C: https://www.ea.com/games/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-remastered. As someone who's worked on the series, it's shaping up to be a really cool tribute to Command & Conquer.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I've been devouring every piece of new information that's come out since it was announced. Glad to hear it's shaping up better than this - hopefully.

Oct 28, 2017
The only positive thing I can say about Blizzard is they clearly have a lot of very talented artists who still put out incredible work, and I'm impressed/grateful Blizzard still finds it worthwhile to support their "classic games" like SC2, D3, and HOTS. IMO the only games of theirs worth playing right now.
I'd argue the decline already started with D3.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I'm guessing after BfA tanked and WoW subs dropped off a cliff they yanked everyone off this and onto Shadowlands.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda looks ugly. It feels lighting is missing. It's flat. With the old models you don't get that look as if the depth is baked into the textures which new stuff lack.

the gryphons look very 2D like for example, very obvious on their wings.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Personally, i'm not too fussed that this isn't much of a visual upgrade.

The pricetag is pretty steep for what it is, however. And it still being quite buggy after this beta period is a shame.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
This release is beyond disappointing. The only thing that was updated was the graphics and because Blizzard insisted on using the same engine (let's be real, likely due to budget constraints and not to maintain cross compatability as they said) it looks no better than Starcraft 2, a game that came out over a decade ago, and certainly worse than Dota 2. Why couldn't they do what the Halo remaster did and put a brand new engine on top of the original to maintain the original gameplay feel while allowing for a more modern looking game? I mean, if your only selling point is going to be updated graphics, at least make it look like it was released in the last decade.

Then there's the lack of new cutscenes as was initially promised, the lack of basic features and bugs, and that's even after a lengthy beta period and a delay. As someone who grew up on Warcraft 3 and patiently waited over a decade for Blizzard to acknowledge Warcraft as an RTS again, this was a huge kick to the balls. Honestly, it sucks to say, but Blizzard should have just cancelled this and I'm shocked that they thought this was acceptable for a game as important as Warcraft 3.

Not to defend blizzard but you wanted a remake and this is a remaster. You make it sound as if using a new engine is an easy thing to do, it's just a completely diferent kind of project.