• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for your non-apology Blizzard. If you genuinely didn't anticipate this backlash after releasing this half-baked "remake", then your company is full of fools.

I'm done with them for the time being.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm sick of apology. It feels like every 2 weeks Blizzard has to apologize for something. Why not delay the release and make it good, instead of rushing it out and piss everyone off?

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I love that he's pretending they had no idea Reforged was bad before the community rejected it. If they had had faith in their product, the wouldn't have been using the old trailer as their primary marketing long after they knew it wasn't indicative of the final product. This game was massively scaled back, and just became a quick cash grab targeting fans.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You know what, Blizzard? This should have been the easiest thing ever.
Nobody expected a miracle. It was seriously as simple as taking one of the most beloved games ever,
upgrade the graphics and implement some simple qol stuff and people would have been happy.
This is all on you so don't complain now.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Blizz will continue to have hard weeks unless they change their philosophy.

So many fails recently.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
They never do better only worse.

Starcraft 2 will be better,
Diablo 3 will be better.
Battle for Azeroth will be better.
Reforged will be better.

It's all a lie that will eventually be known and accepted by the masses in time, especially in a time where free-to-play quality models are growing in popularity.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
How about cutting the price to 15 bucks, because that is all this texture pack is worth.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
What kills me is that they absolutely, 100%, knew how this was going to be received—and they released it anyway.

There was a time when Blizzard would not have so much as considered doing such a thing. But here we are...

Oct 25, 2017
In your account on blizzards website. In the "download games" section, Tugged away at the bottom, you can download the warcraft 3 public realms test and insert you warcraft key and play the old game with the old size and the old launcher. Though they messed up the lan so you need some kind of third party software which is aparently something that happened in an older patch. That at least lets you go back and play it offline including custom campaigns

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard really needs those common sense consultants I keep talking about. Would have avoided every controversy since the Diablo 3 mobile announcement at blizzcon.

These people are so removed from reality and ordinary people and common sense as to be astounding.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Blizzard really needs those common sense consultants I keep talking about. Would have avoided every controversy since the Diablo 3 mobile announcement at blizzcon.

These people are so removed from reality and ordinary people and common sense as to be astounding.
Yeah the top people at Blizzard are pretty out of the loop, with adham claiming that diablo immortal backlash is comparable to diablo 3 on consoles, just no. oh & the director of WoW being a lawyer isn't such a great thing either.

Lordciego

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It has been a hard week but for Blizzard fans. For some reforged has been the final nail in confirming old Blizzard is truly dead. The only decent lead remaining is Jeff Kaplan, but only as game designer because as VP of Blizzard he seems has no power or care to stop this things.

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
In this scenario the sole reason for this clusterfuck is J. Allen Brack. He was the sole person deciding the release date and making everyone crunch through the holidays to get it finished.

To say he's rapidly becoming an incredibly unpopular CEO whitin Blizzard is an understatement. The classic team is doing their best to improve it but man is it a shitty situation and a total disregard of the legacy of War 3

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

They've had a dialogue going with active Warcraft 3 players since before the announcement in 2018, to the point that Grubby was the first person to stream/demo the culling of stratholme mission that year (Which was completely cut from the game, but far from what actually matters with this horrendous re-release), this continued on with active players and pro players giving feedback throughout dev and into/through beta.

They knew exactly what they'd done, what they were releasing, and how people would react, they did it anyway because they don't seem to give a fuck about this game or its players. You can tell that someone on the team knew how vile what they were doing was because the culling of the original game was never announced and not even acknowledged in their followup developer statement last week.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I am very fucking sick of companies responding to their customers rejection of their capitalist bullshit by fishing for sympathy.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
They made billion of dollars with Warcraft and they barely put any money in Reforged and now they act all surprised, disgusting.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Someone please post that Woody Harrelson wiping-tears-with-money gif. It's the perfect reaction gif to the horse shit in the OP.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm happy that the MMR and matchmaking seem to work. When you type !mmr in-game you'll see your current MMR ranking. You start with an MMR of 1500.

Really glad it works.

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking lol, they just keep on digging. Same shit they pulled with their Blitzchung non-apology, this is all Blizzard can do nowadays.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The number of bone-headed, easily foreseeable fuckups some of these mega million/billion dollar corporations make is getting pretty laughable. Therefore, I propose the immediate creation of the job I call "NO, THAT'S STUPID".
The NTS will operate indepedently of the chain of command and will step in when an obviously stupid situation is forming. The NTS will announce that the project is on a "no that's stupid" collision course with customer backlash and the project will have to be fixed. Any resistance from higher-ups invokes a slap in the face.
I believe I am the person for this job.

(I came up with NTS during the XBOX One reveal, and it's been relevent ever since.)

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's all a lie that will eventually be known and accepted by the masses in time, especially in a time where free-to-play quality models are growing in popularity.
Do you have any idea how many times I heard this over the last 15 years?

PC Gamer article from 2 days ago:
World of Warcraft's subscriber base has more than doubled since the launch of Classic

It's getting more obvious every day that people who don't play Blizzard games daily are completely oblivious to the fact that there are millions who do play Blizzard games every day and absolutely love it!

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sure, it's the community expectances, nothing to do with the fact that they advertised the game using matarial they knew did mot represent the game...

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
J Allen Brack is like Todd Howard, he will spin any fuck up they make to sound like an honest mistake and sprinkle it with empty promises.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Funnily enough, the 'hardcore' of the game feel the cinematics thing and the campaign are the least of the problems. It's Battle.net, the World Editor and the performance of the Reforged version that are the most painful.

And that alongside with removing the original, of course.

I've replayed the campaign now (I still need to do the Undead Northrend campaign and Rexxar's Founding of Durotar campaign)

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Brack really loves making those "sorry not sorry" type responses to their fuck ups.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Do you have any idea how many times I heard this over the last 15 years?

PC Gamer article from 2 days ago:
World of Warcraft's subscriber base has more than doubled since the launch of Classic

It's getting more obvious every day that people who don't play Blizzard games daily are completely oblivious to the fact that there are millions who do play Blizzard games every day and absolutely love it!

Subs have doubled in spite of Blizzard's original reaction:

So that moron is the person being quoted in the OP, the current president of Blizzard. They don't know what the hell people want.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
How is this guy not fired yet?

If you were tanking a companies shares and reputation as hard as he has over the last year you would be fired pretty damn quick.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
WC3 reforged is just a symptom of the actual disease. The true terminal illness here is Activisionitis, Blizzard had a fair amount of autonomy pretty much right up until the release of overwatch and since 2016 they've been down, these things always happen slowly so no one noticed in 2016,2017,2018 and then they happen quickly , the single event being the hong kong protest issue last year (2019). WC3 reforged being half of what it was sold as is just another nail. So long as Blizzard is owned by another company and continues to hemorrhage good people , nothing will change.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
My clanmate has 500-2 stats right now because of this idiotic system where pre-made teams can play against random teams. Random teams have no chance whatsoever..

OP
OP
jukeboxhero2396
Dec 25, 2018
what amazes me is Blizzard's CEO, it's like he consistently says the worst things imaginable and takes no advice from people who are professionals in HR or community managers. Even the blizzard forum post was a fucking joke.

Take literally the most iconic RTS probably of all time, a game with a massive custom map making player base and shit all over it. While at it, make the original version unplayable. Charge $30 for a broken game.

What a joke, sad to see this legendary company crash into a disaster.