• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
People are discussing the Remake's failings in other threads, but I thought this was more important and deserved it's own thread. The original release/Frozen Throne had a bunch of really neat community stuff that made it pretty fun to form little groups.

The Reforged has removed them, clans are the biggest cut, and you can't even play or make Custom Campaigns anymore, which means thousands of hours of work from modders have gone down the drain.

Even worse, because of the new patch making people who own the original game on Battlenet go over to the Reforged version (without the "pretty graphics"), all these features now can't be used even if you own the OG version, which is scummy in itself

I find it most ridiculous that the remake is lacking features from the original game.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
It is quite the disappointment and I am done with Blizzard after this. The amount they are charging is ridiculous. More money than SC Remaster for what?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard should honestly be raked over the coals for how they have mishandled the WC3 remake.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
How much you want to bet they'll add these features back in at a later date, but you have to pay to use them?

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
starcraft remaster is actually really great too lol
Thats what I was about to post, the starcraft brood war remaster had such potential to be a fuck up since we all extrapolated what those tiny 40 pixels sprites actually represented and those madmen actually made perfect high resolution art that were true to the original sprites. And then theres wc3 reforge.

Racerprose

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
They flat out lied about new in-game cinematics, UI, etc. Even today they are still promoting the Culling story cutscene from 2018 and it is NOTHING like it.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Does this mean DOTA is dead???

Custom campaigns are different than custom games. DOTA should still be fine as long as modders tweak their maps to work with new World Editor. Custom campaigns were things you could download and load up in single player. I'm pretty sure some people ported all of Warcraft 2 in via custom campaign and other crazy stuff.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard
BioWare
Bethesda

Any other companies I'm missing from the once god tier now trash tier list?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
No clans. No ranked matchmaking. No custom campaigns. Worse ping for many people.

And no way to play the classic version.

A shame.

Oct 27, 2017
This would anger me more if I hadn't deleted my blizzard account a few months ago. This only makes me feel more justified in my decision. Blizzard doesn't care about its fans anymore. Fuck activision blizzard.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
For the record (copied)

Features that were available yesterday and have been cut 12 hours ago:

• Cross-region play (the custom game list is no longer global and you can't play with players from other realms, meaning it's much harder to find players and fill game lobbies)
  • Custom campaigns
  • Clans
  • Player profiles
  • Ladder (ranked matchmaking, stats, automated tournaments)
  • Good, battle.net 1.0 chat system (you can no longer use commands such as /f l, /join; information on how many players are currently playing; list of communal channels; battle.net news section; overall the chat system lost its' soul)
  • Beautiful UI/menus (in reforged client the menus feel sluggish and less optimised; the chat box overlaps the menus, atmospheric 3D campaign backgrounds are gone, etc.)
  • Creative freedom in custom games (the WE EULA has been changed, adding a lot of limitations - everything you create now fully belongs to Blizzard, read more in other topics; censorship in maps and game names, for example a lobby called "booty bay" can not be hosted, even though it's the name of an offical WC3 map, etc.)
  • Classic graphics in Reforged client look worse (shadows are missing, saturation is off, some spells/effects are missing)
  • RoC campaign is now using TFT balancing
Features that were available before 2018 and have been cut during the latest updates:

• Arranged teams
  • Reconnection via GProxy
  • Overall game stability (desyncs or crashes would almost never happen, now custom games are plagued with both)
    Bot features (only going to list some of them):
  • Online lobby list and in-game chat, available from a browser (what games are hosted right now, how many players are in a lobby, etc.)
  • Competitive custom games (auto-balance and matchmaking based on ELO or empirical algorithms specialized for each custom map)
  • Ability to kick/ban trolls (after the removal of bots they added the ban functionality, but you would have to re-ban the person every session)
  • Better ping/latency
  • Protection against hacks and maphacks
  • Anti-spam protection
  • Automatic replay saving and archiving with easy search from a website
  • Game/replay archive
  • Probably many more things that I can't recall at this moment

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard's really going out of their way to ruin their legacy and disempower their fanbase's creativity.

To say that they aren't the company they once were is an understatement.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I reinstalled the game out of curiousity last night. Had to download the whole of Reforged data even though I didn't buy it yet. I have the new menus, launcher, everything. Effectively the classic game has less features now than it did last I played a couple years back. Yeah they certainly have an EULA in there that the game is subject to change and that any content can be removed without needing anybody's consent, but it's still pretty damn absurd.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a complete shitshow, and the way they changed the EULA regarding ownership of all custom maps while forbidding anything using 3rd party IP outright kills the number one thing I was hoping to see a resurgence with upon the release of Reforged.

Fuck Blizz forever with this abomination they put out and for taking the Classic game with them.