• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Reading about the Battle.net update, Blizzard actually managed to make a remaster that is an actual downgrade. *applause*

The Brack era is fascinating to watch.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah Im not even sure Diablo 4 will bring me back to them.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. I've been a huge Diablo fanboy in the past, I have all the art books, The Book of Caine, I even waited in line at midnight release for my huge CE of Diablo 3.
But now... zero hype. It's not just the Blitzchung debacle, but also how they handled Battle for Azeroth... It just doesn't seem like a company that makes products I can be hyped about, moral issues notwithstanding.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Wc3 was from good old times when young me still liked rts games. I guess I foolsihly hoped it won't just resurface with some kinda controversy, but hey, nothing is holy in this forsaken industry.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Just got wind of the situation, sounds horrible. I can't believe they actually disabled the original versions, what a completely shithead thing to do.

senbon

Oct 27, 2017
I am left handed, and I was under the assumption that it at least would offer full customizable key-mapping similar to Starcraft 2 which was great and let you map every single shortcut to your personal preference. It made the game so much more enjoyable.

This is what I get when I try to customize the WC3 controls.
4920bef9434d60ea549faf27b326ff82.png

Are they really telling me to go into a txt file and edit hundreds of buttons manually, are you frigging kidding me?? And to top it all off they can't even be bothered to update tooltip from beta to retail.

Until I get a functioning key-mapping system I can't be bothered to start this game, even Age of Empires : Definitive Edition let me map my keys however I want it.
This has been the biggest annoyance for me. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing when I saw the mention of having to create a text file in some beta directory. Are things really so rough over at Blizzard that they cannot spend the time and money on creating a key-remapping menu... :x

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Thanks for this thread, I was thinking about buying this game. But ive realized that I should just no longer support them. I think i have also stopped caring about the unlikely as it was Warcraft 4, as well. I think I will also skip Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A warcraft 4 by current blizzard would look like this

2 races, alliance vs horde, rehash every single old villain and story line from WoW (hur hur remember THIS character? how bout this one?!), fisher-price level mechanics to appeal to garbage players to rake in the big bucks. It's better off letting the series die.

One will require intense micro and one will literally micro itself. The former will be severely underpowered and they will balance patch in a year.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I am left handed, and I was under the assumption that it at least would offer full customizable key-mapping similar to Starcraft 2 which was great and let you map every single shortcut to your personal preference. It made the game so much more enjoyable.

This is what I get when I try to customize the WC3 controls.
4920bef9434d60ea549faf27b326ff82.png

Are they really telling me to go into a txt file and edit hundreds of buttons manually, are you frigging kidding me?? And to top it all off they can't even be bothered to update tooltip from beta to retail.

Until I get a functioning key-mapping system I can't be bothered to start this game, even Age of Empires : Definitive Edition let me map my keys however I want it.
That's insane. Nothing gets to me more than when a major company can't be bothered to implement simple solutions to problems solved many many years ago.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is now officially worse than Silent Hill: HD Collection. At least that didn't fuck with the original versions of the games.
They did fuck with them. HARD.

You can't download them anymore, and if you connect to Battle.net with the old versions, it will force you to update to the Reforged client.

Can't download the old clients anymore either.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I was looking forward to this as a big fan of the SC2 campaigns (100%'d) who owned WC3 but didn't play much of it for one reason or another at the time. Still interested but looks like it's knocked down to "wait for a sale" tier starts which time it will hopefully be improved.

Nov 1, 2017
I should try to delete my Blizzard/Battle.net account again. Any advice on how to go about it without providing ID? Last thing I want is to give them more information about me.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Just commenting on the windowed fullscreen, my understanding is it was due to DX12 and fullscreen was not possible probably early on in the dev cycle. Also affected the BFA xpac. So proper fullscreen is being discontinued by Blizzard is due to an issue that existed with one of the interface drivers between DX12 and Win10. That issue has been resolved and patched, but by the time it was, Blizzard had already excised natural fullscreen from the client(s). Probably don't expect to see it, ever.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Everyone knows what a B-movie is.
Now, with the 3 B's, we have to start talking about b-games.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Sad to hear about how this turned out. I'm incredibly nostalgic for Warcraft 3, and I was holding out hope this would turn out good. Seems more like they slashed the budget and sent it out to die. And somehow dragged classic Warcraft 3 down with it. I'm curious enough I might go reinstall the old game and see how bad the new online is.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Legally speaking they of course had that : game may be subject to change notice,...

that's dishonest, lazy and insulting to the playerbase

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
For a 1.0 release this definitely still feels like it's in beta.

I'm running the game at 1920x1200 @ 60fps but the actual units are still 30fps for me. How this came through testing is beyond me unless this is how the game was designed, but I definitely don't think this is correct. The UI and menus also feel sluggish and I know my computer is extremely overkill for this game (9900K, 32GB, 2080 8GB). I also don't see an option for custom campaigns in my 30 minutes of playing last night.

Definitely don't buy the game and I'm honestly thinking of getting a refund, if they'll allow it.

Edit: Blizzard immediately refunded me through the site, no questions or ticket required.

Last edited:

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
RIP Blizzard polish

SC:R was the last release that you can say that had any sort of polishing. It's been all downhill ever since then.

Kinda funny seeing this trainwreck happen in front of my eyes in real time though. If they were all in on China they probably should've put more effort into a game that would sell gangbusters in China.

But alas.

Tokikko

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My refund was successful after submitting a ticket last night. Good luck to everyone else, Blizzard fucked up hard on this one.
How did you ask for a refund? I can not play any custom games, the game always crashes on me. Also when playing sp mode i get fps drops and i got a pretty decent pc. The ui is still sluggish like it was in beta version, dunno i expected at least some things would get fixed.

Also maybe its my imagination but the game feels "heavier" to play compared to the original. The units do not feel responsive like they did before but maybe im imagining things.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
How did you ask for a refund? I can not play any custom games, the game always crashes on me. Also when playing sp mode i get fps drops and i got a pretty decent pc. The ui is still sluggish like it was in beta version, dunno i expected at least some things would get fixed.

Also maybe its my imagination but the game feels "heavier" to play compared to the original. The units do not feel responsive like they did before but maybe im imagining things.

Just got my refund a few minutes ago. I went to https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/ - navigated to Warcraft 3 Reforged, then typed in my issue, then selected payment, then refund. No ticket required and they immediately refunded me.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017

The other guy helped you already but if it doesn't automatically refund you like for me, you can submit a ticket or do the live chat. Live chat was down last night so I just submitted a ticket.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you still support Blizzard I don't feel bad for you.

Nah Chief, I don't support or even respect people who work for companies who shit on free speech.

You want people to become unemployed because their bosses' bosses made bad decisions?

I'm not a game developer, but if I got the chance to work on Overwatch, I would love to. You can't really tell those people "I know you have a dream and all, but you can't for moral reasons".

It's like saying 100% of the people employed by FOX News are despicable and represent the company in its entirety.

A job's a job, and AFAIK, Blizzard is a pretty good employer. For certain people, it's about stability.

Have some class consciousness man.

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
The other guy helped you already but if it doesn't automatically refund you like for me, you can submit a ticket or do the live chat. Live chat was down last night so I just submitted a ticket.
I've just done the exact same thing. First Blizzard game i ever refunded.

In the last 5 years, i went from buying every Blizzard game and playing multiple of their games, to stop playing them, uninstall battle net and not buy anything else from them.

They were my favourite game developer for years, but this is not the Blizzard i knew! What a fall from grace since Mike, Chris and a few others left.

I guess we got that prick Kotick to thank for this!

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
So maybe I'm crazy, but the "old classic version" looks way better to me? It has texture and character, the second one just looks pretty...bland. The lack of shadows and AO doesn't help either...

Nope i also think it looks better. the exaggerated and tabletop war game aesthetics of the original just isn't there.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
War3 is one of my all time favorites and I was pretty excited seeing Reforged in person at BlizzCon 2018. What a bummer that it turned out this way :(

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I've just done the exact same thing. First Blizzard game i ever refunded.

In the last 5 years, i went from buying every Blizzard game and playing multiple of their games, to stop playing them, uninstall battle net and not buy anything else from them.

They were my favourite game developer for years, but this is not the Blizzard i knew! What a fall from grace since Mike, Chris and a few others left.

I guess we got that prick Kotick to thank for this!

Same here, first Blizzard game refunded. Hell I bought diablo III 4 times across 3 platforms and I barely like that damn game. What a disappointment, I hope they make things right by just reworking everything... but we all know it's hopeless.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Never thought I'd say this, but I just refunded a Blizzard game. Don't think I'd ever do that. Been playing their games since the SNES days. Was there for Warcraft 1, 2 and 3. All the Diablos. All the Starcrafts. Thousands of hours in WoW.

Unbelievable that they've fallen this far.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
And people legit wondered why the Classic WoW fans kept chanting #NoChanges.

Now the recent patch is dogshit. The remake of WC3 is dogshit. And Hearthstone is even mediocre. Last I checked the only recent thing Blizzard put out that was well received was the Classic WoW we instructed them to NOT CHANGE.

No one has any business trusting their current decision making. Im just glad we realized that before everyone else. That's also why I think the idea of Classic++ is a fucking joke. Just let them do TBC classic without any changes and go away. Nothing they develop today is going to meet expectations.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Now the recent patch is dogshit. The remake of WC3 is dogshit. And Hearthstone is even mediocre. Last I checked the only recent thing Blizzard put out that was well received was the Classic WoW we instructed them to NOT CHANGE.

No one has any business trusting their current decision making. Im just glad we realized that before everyone else. That's also why I think the idea of Classic++ is a fucking joke. Just let them do TBC classic without any changes and go away. Nothing they develop today is going to meet expectations.
Except for the fact the remake is shit because there was NO Changes like they promised.

The purists killed the remake. And Blizzard was happy to oblige cause it was far cheaper to do

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Except for the fact the remake is shit because there was NO Changes like they promised.

The purists killed the remake. And Blizzard was happy to oblige cause it was far cheaper to do

Honestly, I think that was just an excuse Blizzard used to justify their lack of effort on this. Even most purists won't be happy with this.

CobaltBlu

Nov 29, 2017
The StarCraft: Remaster release wasn't perfect, but it went a lot better than this. I'm surprised they are having issues with battlenet that were already resolved in SCR. I wonder what's going on here.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018

The lack of changes is why this remake sucks, it's just a HD texture pack with some downgrades on the feature side, if this was $15-20 & was advertised differently, it would be okay, but that's not the case.
They couldn't even get the UI right, the new one just isn't good for 2020 with it taking up a big chunk of the screen, i get people have very strong nostalgia for it, but it belongs in 2002.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
You want people to become unemployed because their bosses' bosses made bad decisions?

I'm not a game developer, but if I got the chance to work on Overwatch, I would love to. You can't really tell those people "I know you have a dream and all, but you can't for moral reasons".

It's like saying 100% of the people employed by FOX News are despicable and represent the company in its entirety.

A job's a job, and AFAIK, Blizzard is a pretty good employer. For certain people, it's about stability.

Have some class consciousness man.
no, I'd rather them find other employment & don't care for the success of their products.