• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
"b-B-bUt WhAT aBoUt GoLd AnD f2P"

"lOL wAr ThUNdeR WhO?"

"WhERe iS Vr MoDe FiRsT,, GaIJiN?"

As always, all the whataboutism, flimsy excuses and corporate stanning is absolutely embarassing. Cross play is a good thing for consumers and developers and thats all you should really care about.

Feb 2, 2019

"lOL wAr ThUNdeR WhO?"

As always, all the whataboutism, flimsy excuses and corporate stanning is absolutely embarassing. Cross play is a good thing for consumers and developers and thats all you should really care about.

Baffling yes. Consumers interest is king and I don't even see how you could be against that.

Nov 12, 2017
As long as steam and epic stay the largest store on pc that will never happen.
Then Nitendo does not have 3 party titles like fifa or cod, soo crossplay whould happen with Microsoft only. If that is the case, they will never lose their base player because of cross play
I suspect that the crossplay push that Ms is doing is because they preparing the terrain for xcloud and gamepass on PC and whatever device will run xcloud ..crossplay will play a big role there
And I suspect that Ninty users in West could like very very much to receive 3rd party games also if just streamed with who they can play with their friends on PC and Xbox

Jan 20, 2019
I suspect that the crossplay push that Ms is doing is because they preparing the terrain for xcloud and gamepass on PC and whatever device will run xcloud ..crossplay will play a big role there
And I suspect that Ninty users in West could like very very much to receive 3rd party games also if just streamed with who they can play with their friends on PC and Xbox

Microsoft is not gonna take the pc market by storm, as long as ps has the pc market with steam they dont need to have crossplay with xbox.

Nov 12, 2017
Microsoft is not gonna take the pc market by storm, as long as ps has the pc market with steam they dont need to have crossplay with xbox.
I don't get what you mean ....We are talking about cross play not about PC stores ...if the "friendship" between Ninty and Ms grow up and they release xcloud on that platform (other than for example on Mac and iOS) and Sony dosnt open their door they will end making feeling in the long run their PlayStation users being cutted out . That's it
The war for the PC storefronts is another story and Sony nor Ninty arent involved (still)

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, vita and wii u are follow projects that fail.

Psvr is a new project and should reach 5M this year, for me and for Sony, it is not a fail or they whould stop working on it
it is a mild success, and sony wants to continue to support it (with first party games and funding/sponsoring third party games) which is great, but let's not pretend the dev for this game made a bad decision prioritizing other things over making a psvr version of their game. it's not a roaring success to the point where you can criticize a dev if they don't want to bother with it

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Substantially more people likely use console crossplay than console VR. Prioritizing that makes business sense.

Jan 20, 2019
U
it is a mild success, and sony wants to continue to support it (with first party games and funding/sponsoring third party games) which is great, but let's not pretend the dev for this game made a bad decision prioritizing other things over making a psvr version of their game. it's not a roaring success to the point where you can criticize a dev if they don't want to bother with it
I agree with you, the dev does not need to make a psvr game.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
While I admire their saying this on a public forum, is it possible that they're just asking for this in the hopes that it will maybe get Sony to consider letting them go cross play? I mean, it's in their financial interests to increase the player pool in one area, since it means they can have more consistent activity across all platforms and likely more revenue from IAPs.

There is a defense force for everything, but none as embarrassing as the PlayStation one.

While I agree people defending Sony on this is silly, I assure you this is wrong :P

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I admire their saying this on a public forum, is it possible that they're just asking for this in the hopes that it will maybe get Sony to consider letting them go cross play? I mean, it's in their financial interests to increase the player pool in one area, since it means they can have more consistent activity across all platforms and likely more revenue from IAPs.
god forbid a dev is looking for ways to make more money, through a way that's actually allowed for another game (fortnite) but is being denied to them for absolutely no reason.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017

"lOL wAr ThUNdeR WhO?"

This place has been showing it's ass for quite some time. It doesn't even matter about anybody's own personal interest in cross play and cross progression, the fact is it's a positive move for us consumers. If you honestly feel any other way you need to take a hard look at yourself.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

More than PC + Xbox?

I am saying Sony is more open to crossplay between PS4/PC than PS4/Microsoft and PS4/Switch

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ability to play with your friends on other systems is not a big enough deal?

Shooooore.
Who doesn't want to play all the biggest multiplayer games with their friends on other systems?

It's a big deal to some.

Most of the time people follow their friends at the start of the generation by all getting the same console.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now they wont have to, win win for everyone

Well they probably will have to if they're serious about playing with each other because Sony will drag their heels on this as long as humanly possible.

I don't expect them to change all that much on this issue when it comes to PS5 either.

Go with Xbox or Nintendo would be my advice because Sony will always be a huge question mark regarding cross play.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

"lOL wAr ThUNdeR WhO?"

As much as I think it's past time for Microsoft to walk back the gold requirement for F2P online games, it's a little silly how threads about that conversation only appear in adjacency to threads about Sony and cross platform play.