• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow's interference in the U.S. election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.

The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the day before had relieved "great pressure" on him.

A memorandum summarizing the meeting was limited to all but a few officials with the highest security clearances in an attempt to keep the president's comments from being disclosed publicly, according to the former officials, who requested anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

EVERYTHING LEAKS

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
mSK291R.gif

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow's interference in the U.S. election because the United States did the same in other countries

weird how that's the line every shitbag defending it on era has been using, huh

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
You know, at this point I'm surprised he never tried to officially change the country's name to Soviet States of America. I mean, who would've stopped him?

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
I remember the heady days of the winter and spring of 2017 when I would go to work and something would leak. I would walk to my train station to go home, and something would leak. I would leave my home station, and something else would leak. I would eat a snack and something else would leak.

It's like we never left. If anything, I feel someone hit the gas just now. Wasn't the story on Saudi and Russian call restrictions like two hours old before this came out? I'm genuinely curious if Trump can survive this even with a Republican Senate that seems so cowardly.

Oct 27, 2017
lol is there enough humanpower in this country to properly digest all of this stuff? What happens when more dirt gets released?

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
So in these calls will.it explain the GOP senators and congressmen who went to Moscow on July 4th? Never did get an answer to that did we?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
This was reported before I thought?
no. other leaks from this meeting came out (comey firing relieved pressure, sharing top secret israeli intel with the russians) but not this part.

White House officials were particularly distressed by Trump's election remarks because it appeared the president was forgiving Russia for an attack that had been designed to help elect him, the three former officials said. Trump also seemed to invite Russia to interfere in other countries' elections, they said.