• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Why don't we just look at the security camera footage?

hqdefault.jpg

NO MORE QUESTIONS

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
What did I say that was the least bit conspiratorial? Breaking bones is consistent with some forms, but not all forms, of death by hanging.

You ruled out drop type hanging flat out in your post directly implying this was a homicide not a suicide. I would leave that to the experts not somebody who has a very basic knowledge of the subject and certainly wasn't on the scene.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Do you think the first suicide attempt was a hit attempt?
No of course not, but I guess I can't speculate as to why he was not placed on suicide watch after the first attempt. Wouldn't want to tin foil hat as to why one of the most important people in the country we have locked up was guarded by people plucked out of Mayberry PD 🙄

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Breaking of bones in hangs is happen for the jolt of the drop. Notice the data come from countries that use hanging as a method of execution- bones breaking under those conditions, aka drop hangings, only happens in a minority of the cases. No jail should have anything higher up for an inmate to get that sort of velocity. Most "hanging" in jail are done from knob, bed post, sink, etc., lower objects that do not violently jerk the neck enough to cause breakage of bones.

Same article also say the bones breaking is more consistent with strangulation (done by another party).

It not a conspiracy theory when the evidence points to possible murder. It is just a theory that investigators need to rule out.
Lol, this. I honestly don't know how you can call a post like this a "conspiracy theory." When you consider the fact that it's possible, and perhaps probable given his confines, that a drop hanging wasn't feasible, the broken bones are an investigative avenue, not a fucking "conspiracy theory." Is it a "conspiracy theory" when a homicide detective pursues a lead based on circumstantial evidence? No, it's just a lead based on circumstantial evidence.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Completely bullshit thread title and of course people are like yep I knew it - homicide.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
No of course not, but I guess I can't speculate as to why he was not placed on suicide watch after the first attempt. Wouldn't want to tin foil hat as to why one of the most important people in the country we have locked up was guarded by people plucked out of Mayberry PD 🙄

You realize this happens often right? If that's the case that he was trying to kill himself and the guards were paid off to look the other way, who do you think paid them? How could they possibly know Jeffrey actually wanted to kill himself?

Jun 20, 2019
You ruled out drop type hanging flat out in your post directly implying this was a homicide not a suicide. I would leave that to the experts not somebody who has a very basic knowledge of the subject and certainly wasn't on the scene.
I'm sorry you don't like the implication but this is new information available to the public on the state of Epstein's body that is inconsistent with the SPECULATION by some in this thread and the last that he was found in a prone pose, like many jailhouse hangings. I didn't make that SPECULATION. I'm just pointing out the way this NEW INFORMATION changes the reception of that SPECULATION.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I'm sorry you don't like the implication but this is new information available to the public on the state of Epstein's body that is inconsistent with the SPECULATION by some in this thread and the last that he was found in a prone pose, like many jailhouse hangings. I didn't make that SPECULATION. I'm just pointing out the way this NEW INFORMATION changes the reception of that SPECULATION.

K what we do know is the official cause of death was suicide by hanging which lead to cardiac arrest.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
If the damn article literally says that the injuries are "more common" in strangulation than hanging suicides, why would you choose what was stated as the less likely option to be the truth, then call the more likely option a conspiracy theory?

Did I wake up on a different planet or something?
a broken hyoid being more common in homicides than suicides doesn't suddenly make homicide the most likely explanation for what happened. that's not how that works.

anyway

Jun 20, 2019
In fact, I haven't even said a drop hanging is impossible. My first post in this thread is specifically asking whether tie-off points would be available to use for drop hanging, because I honestly don't know.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (3 days): trolling; misrepresenting user’s arguments over a series of posts
a broken hyoid being more common in homicides than suicides doesn't suddenly make homicide the most likely explanation for what happened. that's not how that works.

anyway

PAID OFF SHILLS. PAID OFF BY THE TRUMP/CLINTON ALLIANCE.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Staff post? Lmfao

And the point isn't that it might be suicide, we know that. But considering the person involved and the parties in question, it's also equally likely some high level fuckery was potentially involved.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
You realize this happens often right? If that's the case that he was trying to kill himself and the guards were paid off to look the other way, who do you think paid them? How could they possibly know Jeffrey actually wanted to kill himself?
The man is a millionaire pedophile about to go to trial, the very first thing officials should have done was made sure he didn't take his own life. Bare minimum

PAID OFF SHILLS. PAID OFF BY THE TRUMP/CLINTON ALLIANCE.
I know you're being sarcastic but no one mentioned Clinton or trump in here.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
In fact, I haven't even said a drop hanging is impossible. My first post in this thread is specifically asking whether tie-off points would be available to use for drop hanging, because I honestly don't know.

You said flat out in your original post that you can make all the rope you want but 1 person wouldn't be able to hang it by themselves. Yes you did directly imply foul play.

whether he killed himself or not it's stuff like this that will forever muddy the waters and make it impossible to have a definitive answer. rather annoying really.

Nope waters aren't muddied we have medical experts and epsteins own people who have looked into it. It was a suicide.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I thought maybe he was purposely neglected and allowed to kill himself, not that he was physically killed by someone else.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
"Highly suspicious circumstances" does not equal "conspiracy theory", guys. Also, just because 99% of conspiracy theories are wack, doesn't mean there aren't some genuine conspiracies.

Jun 20, 2019
You said flat out in your original post that you can make all the rope you want but 1 person wouldn't be able to hang it by themselves. Yes you did directly imply foul play.

I did not say any such thing. I said

You can make all the rope you want but you can't commit a drop-type hanging without something to hang the rope from at the right height and strong enough to provide enough force to break bones like this.

The above has nothing at all to do with the number of people in the cell. Stop misrepresenting my posts.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I agree, but incompetence happens, which is why suicides happen in jail all too often, suicide watch or not.
Of course it happens but for such a high profile case? I feel like they could have housed him in a facility that could have met these demands of what was needed better. It doesn't have to be paid off guards as a conspiracy, they should have had him in a prison that could handle a high profile case.

He shouldn't have been in a prison where "lack of resources" or "stretched thin resources" could ever be used as an excuse at the end of the investigation. But I'm afraid that's what we will read.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Add this to the list of oddities.

What are the odds at this point? How many coincidences does it take?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Of course it happens but for such a high profile case? I feel like they could have housed him in a facility that could have met these demands of what was needed better. It doesn't have to be paid off guards as a conspiracy, they should have had him in a prison that could handle a high profile case.

Ok again this is incompetence not conspiracy and I agree, it's extremely unfortunate it happened. It doesn't require people being paid off or hitmen incompetence happens every day.

I did not say any such thing. I said

The above has nothing at all to do with the number of people in the cell. Stop misrepresenting my posts.

Misread that my bad.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
It seems to me that, for a lot of people, the real tragedy of the whole Epstein saga is that it will encourage more people to mistrust powerful and oppressive institutions.

People just incredibly desperate to get the billionaire pedophilia ring out of the news cycle for fear that more recognizable and previously "respected" names might pop up if it lingers. It's a real hard standpoint to muster up any respect for.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Accounting for his political connections, physical evidence, circumstantial evidence, and future investigative ramifications - to seriously consider an Epstein political killing is not fucking Area 51.

I for one think it's a denial of common sense to reject the possibility.

Deleted member 39450

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Boston, MA
No, not really, which is why the real conspiracy nuts are now speculating that Epstein is currently alive and doing plastic surgery in Argentina or whatever.

But c'mon, is there really a difference between "real conspiracy nuts" and regular 'ole conspiracy nuts? It seems like this is one of those things you're either all the way in, or not at all....

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Accounting for his political connections, physical evidence, circumstantial evidence, and future investigative ramifications - to seriously consider an Epstein political killing is not fucking Area 51.

I for one think it's a denial of common sense to deny the possibility.

No one denies the possibility. People are saying there's a) no evidence and b) currently no information we have that requires any explanation beyond regular old prison suicide.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

I for one think it's a denial of common sense to reject the possibility.
Sure, I won't reject the possibility but to say its definitely murder with just circumstantial (at best) evidence goes too far.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
No, not really, which is why the real conspiracy nuts are now speculating that Epstein is currently alive and doing plastic surgery in Argentina or whatever.

Every conspiracy has a different angle. What you just said is just one of the angles.

9/11 was a hoax with holographic projections of planes vs. the planes were landed passengers evacuated and planes remotely flown into the building, vs. a cruise missile hit the Pentagon, so on and so forth

Jfk was killed by the mob, JFK was killed by the government, there was a 2nd shooter, jfk is alive with Elvis, etc.

Now Epstein was murdered by trump to cover up his connections, Epstein was murdered by the Clinton's to cover their connections, Epstein was murdered by the russians... Why? Epstein is alive on an island somewhere.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Love how the second this guy was arrested people were speculating he'd be bumped off, we fully accept that people and journalists are murdered by leaders of other countries like Russia and North Korea, the circumstances of Epstein's death are suspect as fuck... But we're crazy for thinking powerful people in the US having something to do with this isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

And I bet the majority of the people in here who won't even question this possibility were fully on board with the Russian election rigging 'conspiracy'.

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with conspiracy theories is that unless evidence is found to support them proper, then they just keep growing or they enable more outlandish theories to enter the zeitgeist. I know era probably doesn't understand why conspiracy theories are unhealthy, but as a young pot smoker they consumed me in a weird state of distrusting everything and it's a rabbit hole mostly created by right wing nut jobs to recruit young naive believers. There are certainly reasons why other powerful people would want Epstein dead, but without the evidence, it means they remain in the shadows. Without proof or names of his cohorts, there is no discussion to be had. It's just going to lead to people stretching the "evidence" to match their beliefs or to make headlines. By all means, believe something could be, but don't sit there on a high horse of nothing while you do it and don't accept your beliefs as cold hard truth.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
On ERA we can post about how Trump is involved in every crime under the sun no matter how many times it is never proven but for some reason questioning the death of Epstein when cell mate was removed from cell and not replaced which is apparently against protocol, guards were sleeping, records were falsified, etc... is off limits.

And no I'm not defending Trump. Just wondering where we draw the line.

Also reading that the last time they had a suicide there was 21 years ago, so people can't act like this is common. It also happened the day after documents were unsealed.

It's expected that people would have questions.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
murder and suicide are both a possibility based on everything we know at this point but that's too boring for some folks. gotta pick one and go wild with it.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Says right there that the specific broken bone can be caused by hanging victims that are older.

More common in homicide victims sure, but also doesn't meant homicide directly.
This. Ultimately the autopsy proves nothing. You got a nearly 70 year old man with breaks consistent with suicide for his age, but also consistent with murder.

So literally nothing. People need to follow the evidence, not for evidence to back up their beliefs or "gut".

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
At this point I do wonder if people strongly believing it's a suicide have that same conspiratorial gene of refusing all evidence of reality, but apply it toward assuming powerful people don't do bad things in secret.

The case for suicide was tieing a bedsheet to a bed post and leaning forward. It sounds increadibly difficult to build up the momentium required to outright break bones in that setup, even the easier bones to break.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
On ERA we can post about how Trump is involved in every crime under the sun no matter how many times it is never proven but for some reason questioning the death of Epstein when cell mate was removed from cell and not replaced which is apparently against protocol, guards were sleeping, records were falsified, etc... is off limits.

And no I'm not defending Trump. Just wondering where we draw the line.

Also reading that the last time they had a suicide there was 21 years ago, so people can't act like this is common. It also happened the day after documents were unsealed.

It's expected that people would have questions.

This is a great point.

bluie_

Oct 28, 2017
But c'mon, is there really a difference between "real conspiracy nuts" and regular 'ole conspiracy nuts?

No, but then again that's not really what i implied.

Actual conspiracy nuts thinks he is alive in Argentina, while people with a bit more common sense are having their bullshit detectors go off when they hear about all the details about this death. Not the same thing at all.