• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Would Trump dying from Coronavirus have any negative ramifications? Would he die a martyr? Is it better to beat him in an election to fully show that the people have rejected his politics?

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
You'd be really shocked to read that Mike Pence has wished death upon marginalized people for most of his career. Trump as well.

Doesn't mean we need to sink down to their level, as much as I hate both of their asses. It's one thing to not be sad if they catch it (I know I won't), but wishing infectious illness and death on them (or anyone really) is pretty bad.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Two fascist cunts who actively downplayed the severity of the outbreak end up with the virus? You just hate to see it happen.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
Either way, if I have the feeling that if Bolsonaro tests positive, they will deny it.

Trump and Bolsonaro are too proud of themselves to accept they got fucked by the universe karma bitch.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Doesn't mean we need to sink down to their level, as much as I hate both of their asses. It's one thing to not be sad if they catch it (I know I won't), but wishing infectious illness and death on them (or anyone really) is pretty bad.

Unless the person who made the comment is in charge of policy that affects millions of people, including marginalized groups, they aren't sinking to the level of these ghouls in the government.

So your point is moot.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Doesn't mean we need to sink down to their level, as much as I hate both of their asses. It's one thing to not be sad if they catch it, but wishing infectious illness and death on them (or anyone really) is pretty bad.
Nah.

I'm a better person than Trump. I'm absolutely certain of this. It's actually pretty effortless. All I have to do is not actively cause the hardship and even death of millions of marginalized people, because that's "his level." We need to stop pretending that all things are equal and that saying mean things about someone is morally equivalent to caging children and letting poor people die because they can't afford healthcare.

I'm not uncomfortable saying that him keeling over and dying tomorrow would be a net benefit on the world.

Double checking.

Yup, still better than him. His level is still quite a ways below me.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Actually sinking down to their level would mean acting on those wishes through power and access defining legislation that actively harms thousands on thousands which PMS341 isn't doing.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Would Trump dying from Coronavirus have any negative ramifications? Would he die a martyr? Is it better to beat him in an election to fully show that the people have rejected his politics?

Funny thing is, I think this is one of the few scenarios where his death wouldn't make him a martyr. It's no individual person's fault other than his own. Basically an act of god.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
The great thing about dying from a disease is that there's no boogeyman for his cult to blame. No assassin, no one person whom everyone can point at. You can't blame chicanery, or electoral bullshit, or anyone "stealing" an election, or whatever. It would just be an act of god.

On the other hand, they're all a bunch of conspiracy theorists who think everything is a hoax, so who fucking knows.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
He'll be fine. Remember that doctor that said he is in perfect health - absolutely amazing for his age? Thats great for you, mr Trump.

May 26, 2018
The great thing about dying from a disease is that there's no boogeyman for his cult to blame. No assassin, no one person whom everyone can point at. You can't blame chicanery, or electoral bullshit, or anyone "stealing" an election, or whatever. It would just be an act of god.

On the other hand, they're all a bunch of conspiracy theorists who think everything is a hoax, so who fucking knows.

It'd be so easy to blame literally everyone for it. People would pop off in the streets, no joke, and Fox News would egg them on.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

They'd blame the 'deep state' in about half a second

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

No, it's not.

Have you ever heard the term "wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first"?

Wishes, obviously, have no agency.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Please point to me where I wished death upon someone.

Keep in mind, once again, both Trump and Pence have worked to pass laws and legislations that actively kill human beings on a near-constant basis. I'm not personally wishing death upon anyone, but I sure as fuck understand why someone would in this case.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

They would for sure think/say he got infected by liberals intentionally

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
They'd blame the 'deep state' in about half a second
Oh yeah, for sure, but the thing about assassins or political opponents is that they're real people. And real people carry far more weight in the mind than nebulous concepts. With a person, there's a face that you can hate. There's a name you can say to immediately trigger anger in the hearts of people. They serve as a human avatar for concepts and ideas that you fear and hate.

They have lives that can be researched for nefarious associations and connections to political opponents. You can attach so many things to a real person that carry a lot of weight in the minds of people.

If you say "Deep State" people go, "Huh, what?"

But you yell, "N A N C Y P E L O S I" and people take notice.

May 26, 2018
Oh yeah, for sure, but the thing about assassins or political opponents is that they're real people. And real people carry far more weight in the mind than nebulous concepts. With a person, there's a face that you can hate. There's a name you can say to immediately trigger anger in the hearts of people. They serve as a human avatar for concepts and ideas that you fear and hate.

They have lives that can be researched for nefarious associations and connections to political opponents. You can attach so many things to a real person that carry a lot of weight in the minds of people.

If you say "Deep State" people go, "Huh, what?"

But you yell, "N A N C Y P E L O S I" and people take notice.

I mean, they'd yell Nancy Pelosi too. They'd point a finger at anyone who has liberal friends. People would lose their minds and innocents would pay the price.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Intercept now reporting that 3 other members of Bolsonaro's entourage to Florida have flu-like symptoms.

A source also confirmed to The Intercept that three other members of the delegation to Florida are showing flu-like symptoms, including fevers, though it is unclear what the results of coronavirus tests may be. The source, who has direct knowledge of the conditions of some members of the delegation that traveled with Bolsonaro to the U.S., asked for anonymity for fear of retaliation.

On top of Pence and Ivanka, Don Jr, Eric, Jared, and Rudy were there as well.

The Saturday event at Mar-a-Lago was to celebrate the birthday of Trump fundraiser Kimberly Guilfoyle, who is also dating the president's son Donald Trump Jr. Trump Jr. was also in attendance, as were Vice President Mike Pence, Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, Eric Trump, and Rudy Giuliani, many of whom are seen in close contact with the Brazilian delegation in video and photos of the event

Edit: Mods any way to get a threadmark or update?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Trump survives this.

He needs to go to jail first.
6fea2ae08349bd8d2fe7cee5e439b6e67d5773fa67bd8dfde9f91095816d61e1_1.jpg

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Intercept now reporting that 3 other members of Bolsonaro's entourage to Florida have flu-like symptoms.

On top of Pence and Ivanka, Don Jr, Eric, Jared, and Rudy were there as well.

Edit: Mods any way to get a threadmark or update?

I'm betting Trump's golden toilets are filled to the brim with bricks right about now.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
Normally I'm one of those "never wished death on someone , but took great pleasure reading some obituaries" types.

I have some exceptions.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love the wee lamb finger waging and fake moralizing that comes out when people are real with trump. At this point it makes it sweeter. This fucko gotta go.

"sink to their level" lmao gtfo