• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Georgia already have like 2-3 completely separate statewide recounts?

And the best plan Trump can come up with is to have this guy come out and say "Ooops we recalculated and Trump won"? How would that seem even remotely credible after recounts failed to net any gains?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Terrifying phone call and speaks volumes toward the integrity of those from GA on the call. He more or less threatened them.

May 19, 2020
it's funny how much american democracy is only protected by like basic accepted norms and courtesies and even an incompetent dipshit old man can basically challenge it and ask people to basically rig the vote on a phone call and nothing will probably happen to him. this country man lol, what a joke

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is the danger when you drink not just your own Kool-Aid, but also your most unhinged fans'. It's a self-reinforcing loop of lunacy where Trump and Trump supporters simultaneously one-up and validate each other with no concern for reality or even plausibility. It may be a great immediate boost for one's self-esteem, but it's straight up poison for any kind of long term or strategic thought.

I for one are very happy that he's still in denial, still struggling and flailing in the jaws of absolute defeat; it will make his eviction from the White House that much sweeter.

Trump's trying really hard to self-destruct the GOP on his way out.

Well, I certaintly didn't wake up this morning expecting to cheer on Trump. :)

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Georgia already have like 2-3 completely separate statewide recounts?

And the best plan Trump can come up with is to have this guy come out and say "Ooops we recalculated and Trump won"? How would that seem even remotely credible after recounts failed to net any gains?

Yes. Georgia has has a hand recount and then another machine count of the ballots and only found 2 ballots that were signed by the spouse of the person associated to the ballot which invalidated the ballots.

Trump is just constantly watching OAN and Newsmax because they peddle.in conspiracy theories that say he actually won so he's just spouting the shit he hears on there.

MrOblong

Oct 27, 2017
There are 70+ million Americans who believe in this shit. If it was only a few it would have been a funny bit, but like this it is not.
Making fun of fringe figures on the right by quoting their most ridiculous phrases isn't funny because there are lots of people who believe it?

I disagree and think you're being a bit dramatic about fairly standard practice on this forum. We're jogging the victory lap with Trump writhing in torment. Enjoy it!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims"

This is what death throes are like for political careers
This is like when someone is trying a variety of tactics to feel out how they get the customer service agent to budge.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
There are 70+ million Americans who believe in this shit. If it was only a few it would have been a funny bit, but like this it is not.
This is NOT entirely true. There were a lot of people who voted for him just because of money and others for religious stands he supposedly holds. Not everyone is going to go out on a limb for him. I can't tell you the number of people who mentioned the tax cuts for the wealthy as part of the reason they voted for him. BUT, i do know that there are a lot of people that wont do something stupid to support trump.

NOTE: I do not say this to mean there reasons for voting for him were valid, only that its a mistake to believe eveyrone that voted for him supports his wild fraud claims. I believe a majority do not.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
this phone call makes guys like Cruz look even more insane to back this asshole. I hope they play this call when they Object to this crap.

And some trim posts will only hear what they want already saw some idiot questioning the sound bites. Lol.this dude needs to reap all the consequences of his bullshit.

pikablu

Oct 28, 2017
This is really scary that he believes he can turn this around still. Also he's damn near threatening them if they don't lie for him that they will be in trouble.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, turns out there IS election fraud! Only it's coming from the corrupt WH. Shocker.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Straight mob, not even the real mob but the cartoonish trope of one.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
What Trump did seems to clearly violate laws (and GA State laws at that).

This obviously makes the GOP Congress supporting him co-conspirators.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Georgia election results have already been certified, and the electoral college votes in 3 days. At what point is Trump going to realize that it's too late to even pull these kinds of shenanigans?

Even if this one dude had the authority to overturn the GA elections (he likely does not), the time for blackmail and threats was November, not January 2nd.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
One. Hour. Long.

I couldn't imagine sitting through 5 minutes of this, let alone an hour.

But this is how the Trump con traditionally works. It's not that he's particularly smart (or smart at all) or clever. He just bludgeons you with his version of reality, over and over, relentlessly.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Actually fucking wild Biden still seems to thinks he can work with this party, these people.

I sort of think he is just trying to bring some decorum for discussion back and also not rocking the boat until he gets the keys so to speak. I'm sure he will try expecting it's futile but hopefully not waste time on it.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
This is nuts. When I first heard about this I thought it was from November. This dude really thinks he can still win. Unbelievable lol

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
One. Hour. Long.

I couldn't imagine sitting through 5 minutes of this, let alone an hour.

But this is how the Trump con traditionally works. It's not that he's particularly smart (or smart at all) or clever. He just bludgeons you with his version of reality, over and over, relentlessly.
An hour of trump in your ear has to be a human rights violation. And you know everyone listening knows it bullshit but they won't call it out

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
What Trump did seems to clearly violate laws (and GA State laws at that).

This obviously makes the GOP Congress supporting him co-conspirators.
Yeah, hopefully we can see some charges and Georgia along with NYC. However, Georgia has a GOP Governor so he can get pardoned.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Hard enough trying to pull this shit with zero evidence but now they basically can't make anything approaching a convincing argument when Trump's own words can be used to bludgeon them. This is why the "well I'll side with Trump since nothing will happen anyway" mentality some Republicans seem to have is bullshit. You can't tie yourself to a lead weight and expect to never drown.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
And this is the one call that we actually know about.

The odds are good that other swing state Secretaries of State got calls as well.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This also isn't the only phone call made to a Secretary of State in this fashion. You don't think he did the same to every state that went Biden's way? This is the only one we know about so far.

I would bet each swing state he lost has had a very similar call.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Actually fucking wild Biden still seems to thinks he can work with this party, these people.
The mid-terms are in less than two years. For the Dems to take the Senate, they need to paint the Reps as the obstructionists that they are. They need to tell that story.

However, if Biden is antagonistic straight out of the gate, then he gets painted as the one not willing to reach across the aisle.

Biden knows what Mitch did to Obama for six years, and he's not fool enough to let him do the same thing to him. He's got some good attack dogs in his corner.

Let Biden say what he needs to say. He has surrogates that can fight for him in the court of public opinion in the meantime.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
he's literally just yammering on about bullshit. on and on and on and no one is speaking out about this idiocy

these ppl in charge around him are the real danger.

any reasonable person would shut this down immediately. it's so disconnected from reality and it's scary that they all just sit there listening to him go on like this. the president of the united states!

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Listening to that full call sounds like some mob boss dictating what he wants his cronies to do for him.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
FIND THE VOTES!!

Edit: joking aside, I've been watching the BBC cover this in the UK a few moments ago. The BBC correspondent (currently based in America) used to be an Africa correspondent. She just said she has covered many elections in African countries and that if a head of an African state did this, then what would the world say?

Exactly. It would be labelled corruption.

Please America, lock this fucker up.