• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is being actively discussed in the thread GoG decides to not publish Devotion after "messages from gamers" | ResetEra, but I feel it needs more visibility.

Right now, it's not possible to buy Devotion anywhere outside of Taiwan, and only a physical edition is available. While there is a chance we might see a re-release again, here are a few ways you can support them.

Buy Detention

Detention is RCG's first game, a 2D horror project. Using the description provided on Steam, "Detention is an atmospheric horror game set in 1960s Taiwan under martial law. Incorporated religious elements based in Taiwanese/Chinese culture and mythology, the game provided players with unique graphics and gaming experience."

Consider buying it on multiple platforms if you can, or for your friends/family, especially now that is the holiday season! The more copies sold, the better.

Streaming

We all know how streaming a game can help its popularity. If you are a streamer, consider playing Detention on one of your streams, and try to constantly encourage your viewers to buy it. If you know a streamer, see if you can talk to them about playing it, and also encourage them to share links to buy the game for viewers.

Netflix Show

Not many people know, but Detention has an official Netflix adaptation that is currently ongoing. The first four episodes are already available, and the last four will be by December 26th. Share that around, rate it once you watch it, and have fun!

Direct link to the Netflix page.

Follow Them on Social Media

This won't necessarily help RCG financially, but you can know and share when they have new news about their upcoming projects, and maybe even Devotion!

--------------------

Hopefully what happened yesterday isn't the end of Devotion's story. It certainly isn't the end of RCG. Let's support these amazing developers!

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I know it's mentioned in the OP but I'll say it again

BUY DETENTION IT IS VERY GOOD

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Detention is fantastic and I implore people play it. Didn't realise the Netflix show was coming out already. Will give that a watch.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Detention is fantastic. Major Silent Hill vibes, interesting setting that goes into Taiwanese history and it's not afraid to go into some really uncomfortable places.

I'm interested in the Netflix series. Although it's apparently a sequel to the movie but I can't find where I can watch that.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Detention is fantastic. Major Silent Hill vibes, interesting setting that goes into Taiwanese history and it's not afraid to go into some really uncomfortable places.

I'm interested in the Netflix series. Although it's apparently a sequel to the movie but I can't find where I can watch that.
Saw the movie over the summer during a digital film festival, it's excellent. The best video game adaptation yet, the best Silent Hill movie that never was, and an eerie politically-charged nightmare by its own merits.

EgrNBBzWAAAHRTZ

OP
OP

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's not a direct sequel, though, so I think you should be okay.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Holy shit, I had no idea that there was a Netflix series based on Detention. Going to check that out ASAP.

Also want to add my voice to those praising Detention. I bought it during an eShop sale, and, holy shit, this is a beautiful and unnerving game that's actually a lot deeper and more experimental than you'd expect. The localization is a little iffy and a few of the puzzles are frustrating (the piano one in particular drove me to look up the solution, because I understood what I needed to do, but I was too tone deaf to execute it), but it makes up for that by being brilliant and daring and uncompromising in a way few games are.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Might double dip on Detention on mobile for a little extra support. These guys deserve better. :)

Saw the movie over the summer during a digital film festival, it's excellent. The best video game adaptation yet, the best Silent Hill movie that never was, and an eerie politically-charged nightmare by its own merits.

EgrNBBzWAAAHRTZ

I want to see the movie, but it doesn't seem to have oversea release. It really looks good, but guess the TV show will do for now!

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I had no idea about all of this. Not only do I get support them, but seems like Detention is decent game, but more importantly the movie and TV show are right up my wife's alley.

Obligatory fuck China.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I actually bought Detention yesterday on PSN for this very reason! I already started the Netflix show so will play the game after I finish watching it.