• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 7, 2017

Gamer Girl is a chilling FMV thriller game set in the world of online streaming. Adopt the role of moderator for up and coming streamer 'Abicake99', who's back online after the mysterious disappearance of her friend Becky.

Featuring multi-branched narrative and real-time chat simulation, your role as moderator is to control the stream, level up mod powers, guide Abi's choices and uncover the threat she faces by an anonymous stalker who hides in the stream's chat.

Developed by FMV Future with the writer and director of The Bunker. Co-developed and Published by Wales Interactive, who brought you The Complex, Late Shift and Maid of Sker.

Coming to Steam, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch this September.

Last edited by a moderator:

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
The name itself is terrible, but man am I glad that FMV games are making a comeback. Definetely will check it out!

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Edit: I originally skimmed the trailer with out fully realizing what the game was about. This gets a big yikes from me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate them building a story around the really awkward "gamer girl" streamer thing, but for that reason this could be an awkward game to play all in all. We'll see.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
It's an interesting concept but one they'll have to walk a tightrope with and their previous games haven't necessarily indicated they are capable of managing, as much as I've enjoyed them.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, this seems like a pretty tasteless take on the subject matter but I suppose I'll reserve judgment until there are reviews.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
bkgvm2.gif

FMV games! Liked their past projects (Bunker, Night Shift, Doktor Decker). Guess I'll check this out.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Idk the trailer looked super interesting to me /shrug

I'll wait how it turns out but so far the people behind it don't deserve pre-worriedness I think.

Oct 27, 2017
Is that Coffin Dodgers in the trailer? If it's not, it looks like it, which speaks volumes about the quality of Coffin Dodgers when I get it confused with a fake generic game.

Anyway, the way they address you as "Moderator" reminds of Night Trap and Dana Plato calling you "Control".

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
De-mod if old

Gamer Girl - Official Teaser Trailer

Gamer Girl is a chilling FMV thriller game set in the world of online streaming. Adopt the role of moderator for up and coming streamer ‘Abicake99’, who’s back online after the mysterious disappearance of her friend Becky. Featuring multi-branched narrative and real-time chat simulation, your...

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Good job being a moderator. You're fired.

Gamer Girl is a chilling FMV thriller game set in the world of online streaming. Adopt the role of moderator for up and coming streamer ‘Abicake99’, who’s back online after the mysterious disappearance of her friend Becky. Featuring multi-branched narrative and real-time chat simulation, your...

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Wales Interactive is my guilty pleasure lately. I LOVE these FMV games. They're so corny but I like them a lot. Reminds me of my days with Sega CD

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Good job being a moderator. You're fired.

I can confirm Transistor is a hack.

(Jk ilu)

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
There's definitely A LOT that could go wrong with this game... but hopefully not, as I love these kinds of games.