• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 4, 2018
We hear that the trailer in the 24 hours following its Emmy broadcast netted a massive 53M views online. That is believed to be the highest 24-hour draw online ever for a streaming service's series ad spot.

"That's in a league with Avengers and Fast & Furiousfranchises following a Super Bowl drop in a day," entertainment social media monitor RelishMix tells Deadline tonight.
WandaVision had over 302,6k social mentions, which is also at feature tent-pole level volume pre-COVID. The trailer did start trending on Twitter immediately following its airing on Sunday night rising to #4 and hitting #2 on the YouTube trending videos. Disney+ dropped the full length piece following the :60 spot on the Emmys.
WandaVision smoked the 24-hour social media trailer traffic of this year's Super Bowl trailers Black Widow (18.7M), Mulan (12.4M) and No Time to Die (10.1M) among others. WandaVision also zapped the 24-hour post Super Bowl traffic of Avengers: Infinity War (30.9M), and the 2017 post Super Bowl traffic of Netflix's Stranger Things season 2 trailer (28.2M).
Source: https://deadline.com/2020/09/wandavision-trailer-traffic-disney-marvel-post-emmys-1234582487/

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I knew people were gonna love this whole concept they've created out of these two wonderful characters' histories.

God I used to LOVE Scarlet Witch and The Vision books as a weird kid. This makes me happy.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a huge MCU guy (though I enjoy it) but it was a very captivating trailer I'll admit.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I knew people were gonna love this whole concept they've created out of these two wonderful characters' histories.

God I used to LOVE Scarlet Witch and The Vision books as a weird kid. This makes me happy.
Yeah, I honestly wasnt a huge Avengers kid, but Scarlet Witch and Vision's dynamic was always really interesting to me, so this makes me super happy.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I was just thinking the other day how it felt like YEARS since we got anything MCU related. I guess we were just really spoiled by the steady stream of news and content.

Also thirst related, I had no idea people were so horny for Elizabeth Olsen. Seemed like every Disney+ post on Twitter was like her horny fan club wanting news on WandaVision.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Just imagine if Agents of SHIELD had been good from episode one and had been part of the MCU.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
MCU fans
tenor.gif

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With covid killing most movie releases, people are really gravitating to the next best thing.

Shame Falcon and Winter Soldier seems to have been delayed. If only they got those couple weeks of shooting out of the way before everything shutdown. I'm really itching for as much content like this as possible right now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a great trailer that reminds me of those movies I like

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It deserves it. It looks amazing. I can't wait. The last good new show I saw was Witcher so I could use the fix.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Trailer was a trip. I'm sure a lot of that helped, I love it. But yeah, that MCU pull.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
In addition to being MCU, it's also both a really cool trailer (in terms of editing, music choices etc) and a really interesting one (mysterious, surreal, full of freeze-frameable moments). I can see why it'd have higher numbers than some of those others.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
quarantine really made people thirsty for new marvel content geez, it does get boring seeing reruns of the iron man trilogy, civil war, and ultron after so long after all

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's been over a year since the last new MCU content, it's not super surprising that there's a lot of interest for Wandavision.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It's a really good trailer, it's been a while since anything from the MCU and it looks completely different from the normal MCU fair (so it's going to be super disappointing if it follows the typical MCU storyline)