• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Solid reviews, though they make me wish they were giving us all 3 episodes tomorrow, given the 3rd seems to be the most impactful.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Have we had the one negative review against dozens of positive ones yet that people love to use to strike doom and gloom in these kinds of threads?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Wil be watching. But let's hope the wheels don't fall off in later episodes.

That used to be a massive problem with the Netflix Marvel shows.

I hope this team has ironed that out

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Rotten Tomatoes for TV shows is so different to movies.

I see so many shows in the 90s.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Rotten Tomatoes for TV shows is so different to movies.

I see so many shows in the 90s.
Generally because only a small amount of people review a show and the people that do review are generally the types of people who are more inclined to be fans

WandaVision is definitely one of those shows that is getting a lot more attention than most shows. 80+ reviews SO FAR compared to, say, 24 for The Expanse

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Weekly release is superior. And believe me, I'm an expert.

I'm also a fan of the weekly release schedule, though some shows make better use of it than others. When looking at reactions & reviews for Wandavision I saw a few people saying the slow burn nature of it seemed ripe for binging.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to remember...3am EST this goes up right?

edit: lol I'm not the only one wondering!

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also a fan of the weekly release schedule, though some shows make better use of it than others. When looking at reactions & reviews for Wandavision I saw a few people saying the slow burn nature of it seemed ripe for binging.
In particular it sounds like the 3rd episode is the one that starts to really get the story going. Kinda wish we were getting all 3 tomorrow.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I, for one, am very glad I don't have to live in fear of an entire show being spoiled for me on social media after like 12 hours of its debut.
And most spoilers come, like, immediately because of review embargoes.

15 minutes after the show dropped and you already see on YouTube: "Umbrella Academy Season 2 Final Scene" :v

Is this debuting on midnight PST?
Trying to remember...3am EST this goes up right?

edit: lol I'm not the only one wondering!
Yeah to both. Hopefully this helps:
t1610697600z1.png

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys, might wake up extra early just to watch them before work lol.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm going to wait for the full season and then read people's reviews to see if it's worth jumping in. Just doesn't seem like my kind of show.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in this but I have only seen about 1/3rd of the MCU movies. Would I miss out on a lot by not having watched many important movies such as Endgame, for example?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in this but I have only seen about 1/3rd of the MCU movies. Would I miss out on a lot by not having watched many important movies such as Endgame, for example?
Disney has these "Legacy" things (I think they're called) on Disney+ that give a summary recap of different characters in the MCU, so if you don't want to watch every movie with those characters to catch up you can get the Cliff Notes.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
The movies don't do much emotional heavy lifting. They abbreviate the relationship that leads up to this. What you need to know:

Wanda is a reality-warping "enhanced" human, Vision is a cyborg-ish being (he is a robot that can change the shape and composition of his body). They are superheroes. They fall in love. There is a galactic threat that needs a stone embedded in Vision's head. This stone gives Vision his life. Without it, he dies. The only one who can destroy the stone is Wanda.

The galactic threat arrives. He's about to get the stone from Vision. Wanda is forced to destroy the stone, which kills Vision. She is beside herself. But it turns out that galactic threat has the ability to manipulate time. So he rewinds Vision's death and takes the stone anyway. Wanda has to watch Vision die twice—and live with the fact she killed him and still failed.

Eventually, the galactic threat is defeated. The stones are all destroyed. Vision does not return.

The show picks up from there.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
As long as you've seen all the ones Vision and Wanda appear in significantly you're fine. That would be Age of Ultron, Civil War and Infinity War. Or a recap like the Marvel Legacy show they have on D+.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks everyone. Sounds like I only need to watch one more movie and I'm up to speed for the show (Infinity War).