• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Was she on the way to vision's 'house' anyway, or was that planted in her car? The way it was framed made it look kinda the way it would have if it was left there by someone

If it was intended to suggest that someone left it there, then it was completley untouched plot thread.

I think the takeaway is, she was going on a tour to get some closure... getting him a proper funeral was part of it, as was visiting the plot

Last edited:

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Anyone else have zero excitement for Falcon + Winter Soldier coming off of this?

Everything I've seen of it so far looks generic action movie, dude bro meh– a hard turn from everything I loved about this. Hoping to have my mind changed, but currently not interested in tuning in.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have zero excitement for Falcon + Winter Soldier coming off of this?

Everything I've seen of it so far looks generic action movie, dude bro meh– a hard turn from everything I loved about this. Hoping to have my mind changed, but currently not interested in tuning in.
On the contrary, I couldn't be more excited. WandaVision totally sold me on these MCU Disney+ shows.

Oct 25, 2017

I'll be watching it, but probably won't reorganize my entire Friday mornings around getting to it as fast as possible.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

What I hear *about* it interests me. What they showed me in the trailer most certainly does not.

I wish it were "The Falcon" and left Winter Soldier out of it altogether. Bucky is bland as fuck as a hero and the banter they showed was terrible.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, I'm still excited. Variety is good. I think F+WS has potential to be good, but in a different way.

Since WV was bold enough to infuse grief and depression into the story, I hope F+WV is bold enough to get into racial politics.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Nah, I'm still excited. Variety is good. I think F+WS has potential to be good, but in a different way.

Since WV was bold enough to infuse grief and depression into the story, I hope F+WV is bold enough to get into racial politics.

Yeah, I definitely don't mean to say that it won't be good... but I'm afraid it won't be for me. That said, I know WV also wasn't "for" a lot of people... so variety is indeed good if it means they'll take risks. WV is what brought be back into the MCU after a pause since Endgame.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Depends on what you're looking for.

For me? In the midst of the friggin' Black Lives Matter movement? With a showrunner saying stuff like this?
He heard what I wanted to do, that I wanted [race] to be part of the story very prominently, and I think he knew it was right.
When you start to see the direct impact that a Black superhero had on my nephew, that's branded on my brain," Spellman notes. "I believe that Falcon and the Winter Soldier is a nice progression with the mantle that [Black Panther director Ryan] Coogler and Chadwick [Boseman] left us. I really do believe that these giant Black icons are necessary, not only for Black kids, but for white kids to start to absorb — our people as being big and heroic.

Based on comic events like this?
2tcs1v.jpg

I'm so damn excited.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017

I'm excited for a new Disney+ episode almost every Friday for the rest of the year. I think between Mando and WandaVision I've gotten into the habit of waiting for Friday to watch the next episode on whatever new show is on. Soon it will be Falcon and the Winter Soldier, then Loki, then Hawkeye, then Mando S3 and Book of Boba Fett.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I actually think Bucky looks really cool in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and I'm thrilled to see how Anthony Mackie takes the helm.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand

It seems like they are going to be addressing the idea of "What if Captain America chose the next Captain America, and he was Black, and the government thought a white guy would work better" which TBH sounds like it could be really interesting if they do it right. You have to assume by the end of it he is Captain America, but is he able to convince the powers that be that he is? Or maybe he realizes he needs to become something more, and becomes CAPTAIN FALCON.

DO IT KEVIN, YOU KNOW WE ALL WANT TO SEE A FALCON PUNCH

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Glad to hear that there's depth in that storyline for TFaTWS, I'll definitely tune in to see how directly they pursue that.

+1 on bucky looking bland lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone notice Monica's eyes glowed different colors? When she stops the bullets they are orange but in other scenes they are blue. Were there any other colors?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I still can't believe how much they fucking nailed the Scarlet Witch costume, even the tiara. Helps that Elizabeth Olsen can totally rock that outfit, hot damn.

I mean they already made Vulture and Mysterio look freaking awesome so joke's on me for doubting them lol

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I still can't believe how much they fucking nailed the Scarlet Witch costume, even the tiara. Helps that Elizabeth Olsen can totally rock that outfit, hot damn.

I mean they already made Vulture and Mysterio look freaking awesome so joke's on me for doubting them lol
It was one of those costumes I didn't think they'd ACTUALLY ever get around to doing properly.

But then... there it is. And she KILLS in it.

I'll need to rewatch, but did she have the cape in the episode? Her Hot Toy sports one, but I don't remember it.
158710260_10157878537117344_7345753832577971562_o.jpg

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
It was one of those costumes I didn't think they'd ACTUALLY ever get around to doing properly.

But then... there it is. And she KILLS in it.

I'll need to rewatch, but did she have the cape in the episode? Her Hot Toy sports one, but I don't remember it.
158710260_10157878537117344_7345753832577971562_o.jpg
She has a hooded cape when she flies away from Westview but she doesn't have her tiara on at the time, so we haven't seen the look with both the tiara and the cape.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
I have valid points. You just don't have a counter arguments.

You don't have to attack me personally over a TV show. We have different opinion, plain and simple. I'm dropping it because it is not productive to argue over fantasy.

its perfectly understandable that covid can interrupt filming. I don't see what why it would lead to bad writing though. They literally just needed characters to say things that actually matched the characterizations.

It is your opinion it is bad writing- it is not a fact.

Writing during the pandemic revolves around what they can do with the cast and the CGI. Changing stuff on the fly when you already have episodes in the can and are editing others when you find out you doing have the time, actors, or CGI to back up the original story through structure off, no matter how good the writers are.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced WandaVision is cultural phenomena, a gift that is keep on giving on many ends. Sure, they didnt outright gave away Multiverse sheninagans and what not, although even daredevil can see miles away it is coming very very soon, you see the impact.
The funny; Vishawn, crying housewife/cat, Oprah memes, the seeds; Young Avengers, the deep; "What is grief if not love persevering?", "The ship of Thesues".

The other day I was thinking, how they intentionally or unintentionally setting up another series without even mentioning: SheHulk. Think about it, therewill be a definitely Wanda centric episode. We already discussing like we're on a court some evil prosecuters [ :p ] wants Wanda's head because of the trauma she caused, and good defence lawyers are trying to explain how she's been through shit and was holding it together barely then dickwad Hayward throw gasoline barrels to the situation by showing decapitated and dismembered Vision while continiuing butchering his body, likely pushing her to the edge so he can tap some Wanda magic battery thus causing Wanda's denial of reality. They're so gonna used this in one of the SheHulk episode.

Plus considering some people's idea that the kids are not real makes me think that in the MCU's future some people will start questioning the reality and the reality of people who came back from blip. Since they are five years younger than they should be.Are they real or some Alien invasion or witchcraft? I can see a lot of conflict coming as the direct results of the blip.

This show brings so much to the table and Wanda will be the face of MCU for a long, long while. Can't wait.

Also I was watching 70's episode the otherday, the butterfly scene was fore shadowing the final.
"Did I do that?" then Wanda opens a window alightly and lets the butterflies out of the room. Can't wait to binge rewatch and see these hidden details.

It feels like the show unintentionally also collectively represents our grief and healing. Like 2 months ago all we were talking about was Trump, now it's all about Wanda and the Scarlet Witch. LOL!

Last edited:

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Witnessing Wanda bend Agatha's will to a nosy neighbor character trope, depriving her from her own individuality was unsettling

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Witnessing Wanda bend Agatha's will to a nosy neighbor character trope, depriving her from her own individuality was unsettling

Yeah, that was dark. I s'pose that's kinda Wanda's thing, though. She can be quite cruel. Ultron said so himself and she didn't want to kill Thanos, she wanted to hurt him. She even made him think he had a chance against against her.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to attack me personally over a TV show. We have different opinion, plain and simple. I'm dropping it because it is not productive to argue over fantasy.

It is your opinion it is bad writing- it is not a fact.

Writing during the pandemic revolves around what they can do with the cast and the CGI. Changing stuff on the fly when you already have episodes in the can and are editing others when you find out you doing have the time, actors, or CGI to back up the original story through structure off, no matter how good the writers are.

Where's the personal attack?

And yes, changing things on the fly is tough... but some critical dialog was really poor and tough schedules don't really justify it.

"They'll never know what you sacrificed" is a really bad line to say to a person who just released 3000 hostages.

"I know you'll make this all right" is an absurd line for Vision (who just got back from investigating Wanda's lies) moments after Wanda creates another mindslave, this time ON PURPOSE, and leaves her amongst the recently freed mind-slaves

I'm not saying the writers are bad, im saying these poor lines during key moments soured the characterizations.

Last edited:

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Rewatched Dr Strange yesterday and the Ancient One says that sorcerers use energy from the other dimensions in the multiverse to cast spells.

I have a feeling that the "Multiverse of Madness" is referring to things like the Dark Dimension, the Negative Zone, the Astral Plane, etc. And not multiverse as though as alternate Earths with differing events.
I think you're right about the dark/negative/astral planes being featured but if that's all there is to MOM without the other alternate realities, then I think there's going to be even more disappointment.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017

I've only seen a couple ads on Twitter which didn't do much for me. People here are making it sound better, will give it a try for sure

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Where's the personal attack?

And yes, changing things on the fly is tough... but some critical dialog was really poor and tough schedules doesn't really justify it. "They'll never know what you sacrificed" is a really bad line to say to a person who just released 3000 hostages. "I know you'll make this all right" is a really bad line for a character who the hero lied to for the shows entirety to say to the hero moments after she enslaves someone and maroon her amongst former mind-slaves.

I'm not saying the writers are bad, im saying these poor lines during key moments soured the characterizations.

FOR YOU. That line did not sour it FOR ME.

You attacked my by saying I'm stopping the conversation because I have no arguments. I do have more opinions, but none of them matter anymore. I'm not trying to win and argument with you. Let it go.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
FOR YOU. That line did not sour it FOR ME.

You attacked my by saying I'm stopping the conversation because I have no arguments. I do have more opinions, but none of them matter anymore. I'm not trying to win and argument with you. Let it go.

What are you talking about? You cut out my arguments and said I didn't have any. You just didn't want to counter. That's not a personal attack. You're literally saying you don't want to argue.

I'm glad you don't get soured when characterizations change at the last minute. Lots of people do.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
YouTube just recommended me this, idk if it was posted yet this thread too big.

The editing is so good I thought it was an actual commercial, haha.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Calling the children fake is off

How is it?

They were just a part of the Mind Stone that's in Wanda, just like Vision in this show. That was made plainly clear when they started disintegrating in the same visual style as Vision when she was closing the hex.

Sure, they were tangible [inside the hex], but they were not actual flesh and blood (or, even in Vision's case, an actual synthezoid) - just mind stone constructs.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the kids could even die from being shot inside of the Hex. We're supposed to think they could so Monica saving them meant something but, I mean, Wanda could literally just fix them with a single thought.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm two episodes in. All I know is that it's trying to pull some meta bullshit, but thus far hasn't been revealed how, so it's just kind of a mostly straight take on parodying 50's and 60's sit coms and I personally don't find that particularly funny. So far it's just kind of boring. Hoping it gets better considering it at least got meme'd towards the series ending. Really, I just want the illusion or whatever it is to end so that we get to the actual story.

Edit: also, even though I know why they did it, but it would have been more impressive if they truly went all out and recorded it at resolutions that would have been native to the viewers of these eras. Give me that sweet 1950's 480p

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Is it technically gaslighting if her kids only exist in her bubble universe?
How is it?

They were just a part of the Mind Stone that's in Wanda, just like Vision in this show. That was made plainly clear when they started disintegrating in the same visual style as Vision when she was closing the hex.

Sure, they were tangible [inside the hex], but they were not actual flesh and blood (or, even in Vision's case, an actual synthezoid) - just mind stone constructs.

They had independent sentience... and the end of the series stinger clearly hints they exist beyond the hex.