• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
hAL4EMc.png

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This episode felt mad rushed. I get the emotions they wanted to portray, but it needed some build up before they try to hit you with it. I felt it a couple of times, but it would've hit harder if it had slowed down some.

I'm disappointed that Tommy and Billy may not continue, though that post credits scene makes it seem like they will, but I don't get it. How could they be trapped somewhere if they no longer exist? I also don't see how Wanda is still keeping Agatha prisoner if she closed the Hex and is on another continent somewhere.
They had 8 episodes of build up lol

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I don't think she knows the other Vision is alive, does she? We don't see Hex Vision tell her.

She doesn't, I'm just saying that not only does she get out of this with effectively no consequences (because the family will be reunited eventually), but on top of that they wrote it such that somehow, the victims are the unreasonable ones for seeing her in a negative light. Wanda's last line in response to "they'll never know what you sacrificed" really should have been "at least it was my choice, something I took away from them" to at least IMPLY that she feels bad for her actions.

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
My totally just guessing theory about that second stinger is that wanda really is just trying to pull a banner and hide from the world while she deals with her grief. The scarlet witch wanda we see is what agatha was saying when she said "you have no idea what you've done" she unleashed this "evil" side of her but doesn't know it

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
see, this would have been pretty trite. she committed an atrocity, what the hell is she going to say? "sorry for stealing a few weeks of your life and imprisoning you in your own bodies? my bad"

With Olsen's acting, I think she could've pulled it off. That's what should convince the audience, that she was at least sorry. But agreed, there's really nothing a person can say in a situation like that, without it coming off as trite. But saying anything to them would've been better. Just a bit.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually not one of those 'why didn't the avengers show up!'

But the lack of Strange in any way shape or form when we KNOW they're in an upcoming movie together was pretty wild

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I binged watched this instead of doing week to week or I would be upset like most of you in here lol. Anyway, it's probably for the best most of the theories were wrong, better than MCU becoming predictable.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
They had 8 episodes of build up lol
I will say, they used those 8 episodes to build Agatha up to being one of the more compelling MCU villains, and I hope we see a LOT of her going forward.

But Wanda? No. This entire show was basically "White Woman Tears: The Miniseries"

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wanda is too much above puny humans now to go to prison. She is a cosmic entity, she is not going to jail, again, unless people stick stuff on her brain to make her stop working.

I don't know if I'll explain myself correctly. I think the actions and feelings of the character makes sense: she did a whoopsie, enslaved an entire town, got desperate to rationalize that the whoopsie was actually a good thing, when she couldn't run from it anymore, she did freed them, but nah, she isn't sticking around to deal with human punishment, she is the legendary scarlet witch, she has better things to do than facing the justice system.

But *the show* tried to convince us she didn't do anything that wrong, hell, she even sacrificed her loved ones "for them", them being the people she enslaved on the first place. That's all kind of yikes.

The weirdest part to me is that she didn't actually need an entire cast and crew to make vision/her kids.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
So wait.... what charges was Hayward arrested on?
Experimenting on a broken robot and trying to stop two deranged witches? Shooting at two The Sims children? He'll be out again in a day.

I was wondering that myself when they were arresting him. "Being a bit of an asshole to Wanda" is the charge, I guess. They probably should've been arresting Wanda but she just flew away instead.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Honestly, around episode 5, I knew they weren't gonna be able to land this thing, and as they dragged resolving so much of the shows threads even further into the end, it was all but confirmed for me.

This was an awful finale. It does have some highs, particularly the wind down and getting to the good bye. But, they needed to resolve a multitude of plot lines that could have been resolved or more thoroughly explored episodes ago but wasn't because everything mystery needed to be maintained until the absolute 11th hour.

As far as the broader MCU, seems like we are getting more Skrulls but honestly, this just made me feel like the MCU is in this wheel spin. The fact that they started a plot thread around white vision and had him fly off despite having his memories for Wanda come back to him is absolutely fucking insane.

Honestly, it was that realization that completely undermined the goodbye - a physical, real vision with all his memories in tact is alive and well now and instead of doing literally anything with him, he flew off so Wanda could have a goodbye with a fake Vision? Wtf? Like, why show us a restored Vision before the goodbye then? What's the fucking point?

Honestly, there was terrible pacing going on for several episodes, same for the writing. The fact that so much shit they built up is left hanging or just gets completely dropped just made this finale all the more ridiculous.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Olsen and Betanny are fucking great in this. Their final moments are heartbreaking but just so well realized. Their relationship feels fully earned. Interested in seeing where things go next for Wanda. White Vision was able to get his memories, but he doesn't have Hex Vision's Westview memories, with Wanda or their kids, and may be different after his experiences, especially without the Mind Stone. He probably has some philosophical questions to answer.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
So in Doctor Strange 2 are they gonna pull her back from the brink by flying in White-Vision-That's-Vision-Again to reason with her? That's the only explanation for why he didn't like....go to her. There's so many moments that aren't explained or are explained so shittily!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it for the most part, though that's partially because I didn't get invested into any of the theories going around (Fox multiverse, Dottie, Mephisto).

My only problem is the hand waving of what Wanda did to the people of that town. "They're never know what you sacrificed for them." Really? Fuck off with that line.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So in Doctor Strange 2 are they gonna pull her back from the brink by flying in White-Vision-That's-Vision-Again to reason with her? That's the only explanation for why he didn't like....go to her. There's so many moments that aren't explained or are explained so shittily!

That's the thing. Unless it's secret cameo, he is not in that movie. If Paul were a major cast member, we would know.

So other than a secret cameo, White Vision is just kind of... out there. Somewhere.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah even without having high expectations or fan theories I am underwhelmed, standard 3rd act superhero stuff

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it for the most part, though that's partially because I didn't get invested into any of the theories going around (Fox multiverse, Dottie, Mephisto).

My only problem is the hand waving of what Wanda did to the people of that town. "They're never know what you sacrificed for them." Really? Fuck off with that line.
It's really that one line that sours the entire thing.

Her walking away from the empty lot is so good.

Ugh.

Oct 25, 2017
Olsen and Betanny are fucking great in this. Their final moments are heartbreaking but just so well realized. Their relationship feels fully earned. Interested in seeing where things go next for Wanda. White Vision was able to get his memories, but he doesn't have Hex Vision's Westview memories, with Wanda or their kids, and may be different after his experiences, especially without the Mind Stone. He probably has some philosophical questions to answer.
i'm excited to see what they do with the idea of "not quite vision"-vision. it's a shame this is a one off series, because this was such a nicer fit for them that the usual movie thing.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
The weirdest part to me is that she didn't actually need an entire cast and crew to make vision/her kids.

Well, that part she didn't wanted to. Her grief got mixed with the scarlet witch legendary power and it just kind of happened.
And then she kept rationalizing like she did here, "they are safe, they are peaceful, they are all right".
Which is ok and actually a good character arc. You do something bad on accident and convince yourself the bad is actually good? That's good story.
But they backed out on the last minute, Monica became the voice of a producer who didn't want a superhero being a bad guy and then it got weird.

Instead of "they never know what you sacrificed for them" (urgh), Monica should have gone with something like "I understand you, I would have done the same, but you gotta face the music". And then Wanda just left, like she did, because she know she screwed up, but she also know she is above paying for her mistakes by going to jail. She pays for her mistakes by being a superhero in the future.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I wanna theorize she's gonna try to bring her kids back through the multiverse in the movie but I don't even wanna make guesses anymore yall will just make fun of me

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
As far as the broader MCU, seems like we are getting more Skrulls but honestly, this just made me feel like the MCU is in this wheel spin. The fact that they started a plot thread around white vision and had him fly off despite having his memories for Wanda come back to him is absolutely fucking insane.
I agree with this.

We got White Vision which intrigued me when he was unlocked, but then he flew off with no fanfare. Ok.

And to replace his mystery we got....skrulls, literally couldn't care less.

Mugenhunt

Oct 17, 2019
I liked it. Wished they were able to give more time to Darcy, Jimmy and Monica, but I am satisfied with the ending we got.

I liked the "Fietro is Ralph" reveal. Thought it was clever. Seriously. Did anyone in this thread guess that?

Saw the runes trick coming after last episode, but it was a decent telegraphed way for Wanda to win. The Agatha/Wanda fight was meh. Blasty magic battles usually are. The Vision battle was great though.

The finale wasn't brilliant, but it was good. And quite emotional. I didn't think they'd be willing to let the kids "die." I will agree that Monica was way too willing to be lenient to someone else grieving, but I get it. I would have liked Wanda to apologize, but I think things will get worse for her before they get better.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My main problem with Wanda's ending is that she was written to be an antihero, genuinely thinking that she was giving these people peace. But who thinks taking away someone's free will in order to pursue their own happiness can ever be anything more than a villain when you get down to it?

It's like Superman in Red Son all over.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Well that was an ending, I'd probably be annoyed if I kept my expectation for other MCU people to show up even though no Strange was a let down... meh.

Ralph Bohner doesn't sound like a real name...

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
You also seemed to believe that Wanda was going to go crazy and break bad, and would be "wrecking everyone's day and walking off into the sunset with middle fingers up in the air" which I think is definitively a worse way to sabotage the journey of this character dealing with trauma, but hey, opinions and all.

lol.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thing is, I'm fine with giving Wanda this kind of complexity because Olsen is a fantastic actress that can showcase it.
It's really that one line that sours the entire thing.

Her walking away from the empty lot is so good.

Ugh.

yeah, I don't have a problem with Wanda causing the issues, exactly. she doesn't know how to deal with her actions/powers until she fully understands what caused them.

I do think the show was illustrating that well until that stupid line by Monica