• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I really enjoyed it for the most part. Hate hate hate the Evan Peters stunt casting. Such a stupid decision to make the multiverse a joke twice now right before they are, apparently, actually going to do it. Though who knows at this point! Maybe Dr. Strange opens a magic shop called the Multiverse of Madness.

I don't know why you'd want that to be one of the big things people walk away with here.

Honestly the whole episode felt like the third act of almost any Marvel movie, for better or for worse, but I had a lot of fun with it and even caught some feels at the end, so I'm satisfied.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Wanda was walking into town to turn herself in and instead she floats off without even apologizing to anyone. Like what the fuck, what she did was not okay. That shit ain't a mulligan.

No you see she was really sad about sacrificing Vision (who is still alive) and her kids (who she promptly went digging through the multiverse to find again).

Wait a minute...

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Monica trying to play up her sacrifice and Wanda replying "they'll never see me in a different way" was hilarious. Like bruh, if anything Monica's reaction to being mindcontrolled is the strange one. The only reason those people didn't straight up attack her was because they were terrified for their lives.
Yep, you can totally massage that she did an awful thing by at least having her show remorse, but instead, two of the heroes of the show just dismiss the grievances and say the victims should be grateful.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Bruh I know it's called wanadavision but Evan peters just split the fandom

The internet is going nuts lmao

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Where was Strange during all this? LMAO. This whole thing was exactly the kind of stuff he's supposed to stop.
Anyways, the finale could have been better, but overall I'm happy. In the future Mind Vision and Body Vision are absolutely going to merge to bring the true Vision back.
Any ideas what Agatha was talking about when she said she had no idea what she unleashed?

Oct 25, 2017
is this a case where the leaker trolled or a case where the leaker has been exposed?

50h8m6.jpg
14829531.jpg

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Man, so many cliffhangers, so many loose ends, so much setup with very little payoff. Ending felt very rushed and restrained, like it was afraid to explore deeper intentionally.

Even without the wild speculation, it built up a lot within itself and didn't deliver on a lot of fronts:
  • Agatha's purpose was never explained​
  • How she came across Wanda was never shown​
  • Pietro storyline was shafted for a boner joke​
  • Vision flew off after having his memory restored​
  • Darkhold wasn't explained (unless it's the key factor for the MCU moving forward)​
  • Monica's entire storyline and purpose made no sense (she was a SWORD agent on the Wanda case, but she had a change of heart and decided to help Wanda instead because...?)​
  • Hayward's sheer hatred towards Wanda was unexplained (she tried to take Vision and...?)​
  • Darcy was reduced to a one-liner who's only role was to stop Hayward.​
Finale could've been so much better :(
  • Agatha wanted Wanda's powers to become more powerful and she was there to find out how Wanda was so powerful
  • She probably felt this powerful magic and went to investigate
  • He was literally called Fietro in the previous episode so the fans should have lowered their expectations
  • Agatha mentioned that it was a spell book in the episode no?
  • Monica wanted to help Wanda because she understood the grief that she was going through as they had both lost someone they loved and both came back from the blip to find the person they loved gone

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The sentence "They'll never know what you sacrificed for them" kinda rubbed me the wrong way. She tortured those people for how long now? The relationship stuff with Vision and Wanda was still powerful but personally a lot of the uplifting music moments clashed with the context of the terrible things Wanda was doing.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This was an absolute masterclass in what you can get done in 40 minutes.

Amazing.

10/10 show. Not a single episode let me down

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
yeah, Wanda & Vision saying good night to the boys knowing well that they going to be wiped out of existence soon is pretty heartbreaking

and she stand there alone in the empty lot ....

is it though ? it must have been a couple of days tops

You might be right, but is that any better? The series itself showed that these people were traumatized, and literally wanted her to kill them if she wouldn't let them go. So, I mean, a slightly briefer torture is still torture.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I don't know what you all expected. Within the themes of the show, and keeping in mind that this is a Hollywood blockbuster, that ending was well done.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, so many cliffhangers, so many loose ends, so much setup with very little payoff. Ending felt very rushed and restrained, like it was afraid to explore deeper intentionally.

Even without the wild speculation, it built up a lot within itself and didn't deliver on a lot of fronts:
  • Agatha's purpose was never explained​
  • How she came across Wanda was never shown​
  • Pietro storyline was shafted for a boner joke​
  • Vision flew off after having his memory restored​
  • Darkhold wasn't explained (unless it's the key factor for the MCU moving forward)​
  • Monica's entire storyline and purpose made no sense (she was a SWORD agent on the Wanda case, but she had a change of heart and decided to help Wanda instead because...?)​
  • Hayward's sheer hatred towards Wanda was unexplained (she tried to take Vision and...?)​
  • Darcy was reduced to a one-liner who's only role was to stop Hayward.​
Finale could've been so much better :(

Well...

1. She's a trained witch who wanted Wanda's enormous power. That and something about a prophecy to destroy the world... we'll probably see in Dr. Strange 2, but yeah, cliffhanger on that (what even is the Scarlet Witch).

2. True.

3. I mean, he didn't really have a storyline.

4. Yeah, true.

5. Also true.

6. True.

7. He just wanted her to power his Vision and then get her out of the way. Basic evil.

8. So that's a step up from everywhere else she's appeared.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Wanda: * turns people into literal mind controlled slaves *

Monica: "They'll never understand what you sacrificed for them."

LOL

Like, I don't get it.

This entire show just made Wanda horrible.

Which, to be clear, I'm here for. If you want a villain origin story than WandaVision is perfect! I just...don't feel like this was a villain origin story. I feel like the writers are going to use the audience sympathizing with Wanda as an excuse to gloss over all the, frankly, horrible shit she's done.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I came into this thread after watching the finale expecting mass praise?! Did people really not like that? I feel like i just witnessed some of the most emotional and well acted scenes in the mcu.

That, unfortunately is what happens when you tease basically the only well liked character from another series as crossing over, and are aware it's a big thing to the point where they make that character not one but two end of episode stingers, only for the payoff to be a dick joke, essentially having a laugh at a not insignificant part of the audiences expense.

The show also didn't really need a big antagonistic superhero fight to cap it off, when the rest of the show managed rather well without. As an ending, it would have been better focused by having fewer antagonistic forces: either white vision and Hayward, or Agatha, but not both. Hayward wasn't really dealt with in a meaningful way ("and he's going to jail because we said so"), and focused more on the dealing with Wanda's guilt.

The scenes with Paul Bettany just talking are all great however, and he's a damn class actor. They're easily the highlight of the show, and it's good that they've got a way to keep him in now. Hopefully he gets more Disney+ appearances because the man has an incredible talent that only really shines in the slower scenes that the big MCU films never really gave much time for.

(And the suggestion by Monica that the townspeople wouldn't know what Wanda gave up for them is fucking ludicrous, she was a terrorist hostage taker, and they're the hostages, and she didn't as much as apologise after the fact, let alone show any real remorse for what she did, rather than what she gave up, no shit they're mad at her)

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I felt was off here was how Wanda didn't say anything to the people of Westview. She could've said something like: 'I know this won't change anything, but I really am sorry.'

Aside from that, after everything she went through, after everything she lost, her flying away at the end, completely alone, was pretty heartbreaking. I was really hoping for White Vision to show up at the end. Quizzically looking at her, not really knowing what to do, but joining her nonetheless. Of course that shouldn't have happened, but I guess that's just how these things are. When you lose people you just want to see them again. Or even just something that is like them.

Hot damn, that was great. I think I'm repeating myself.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread after watching the finale expecting mass praise?! Did people really not like that? I feel like i just witnessed some of the most emotional and well acted scenes in the mcu.
Everything was great but what was that "don't spoiler" hype teaser from yesterday about? No multiverse or Dr. Strange stinger? They raised expectations sky high and instead we got a "just" good ending to the series.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
That was a really dull finale.

Agatha was completely uninteresting, there to just explain what the Scarlet Witch is. Monica didn't get a particularly interesting way to close things off. I'm fine with Fietro being a meta joke for the audience, but when it's just a boner joke... wow.

But the line that fucking irks me hard was "They'll never know what you sacrificed." Like what in the fuck? Wanda saying goodbye to Vision and her kids is sad and all, but that line was a total misfire when talking about a town that was held hostage at the mercy of this delusion.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I loved it, except for the sudden vision bail-out lol. Wanda's Status as her own instead of villainous/heroic is great.

But I did not understand the after credits scene at all at first viewing. Was the Wanda we see an illusion? Was the scarlet witch we see one? What happened there? In my defense, it was pretty dark while I have the flaming sun right behind my desk so I couldn't see shit.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They are totally setting her up to be a not-Dark Phoenix
And it will be 1,000x better than that X-Men movie lol.
This is why I just don't take shit seriously here sometime. Too busy with these speculations and theories of what they think will happen then it's disappointing when it doesn't happen. I watched this and enjoyed it every step of the way and they stuck the landing well regardless of the disappointment people feel here. It was an amazing conclusion to the arc told in this show and yeah there's gonna be some unanswered questions since this is all a connected universe expect it to happen in FaTWS as well. The post credits scenes sets up pretty much Captain Marvel 2 and Dr. Strange MoM respectively and it got me very interested in those two movies respectively. So yeah this was a dope ass finale and sad it's over but can't wait to see what FaTWS brings.

May 26, 2018
LOL

Like, I don't get it.

Which, to be clear, I'm here for. If you want a villain origin story than WandaVision is perfect! I just...don't feel like this was a villain origin story. I feel like the writers are going to use the audience sympathizing with Wanda as an excuse to gloss over all the, frankly, horrible shit she's done.

don't forget a monica villain origin too! basically totally okay with it

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this bothered me as well. And to cap it off with, "They'll never know what you sacrificed for them," is... what?

She kidnapped them and changed their reality to turn them into slaves.

"They'll never know what you sacrificed for them" is destined to become some meme shit for any villain that handwaves and stops some of the suffering they've caused just to feel a little better themselves.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I felt was off here was how Wanda didn't say anything to the people of Westview. She could've said something like: 'I know this won't change anything, but I really am sorry.'
see, this would have been pretty trite. she committed an atrocity, what the hell is she going to say? "sorry for stealing a few weeks of your life and imprisoning you in your own bodies? my bad"

coma

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think "feel bad for this person who enslaved a town because she has to say good bye to her fake kids and fake husband (which was slightly more than the Hulk/Widow nothing relationship to begin with)" is really the way to flesh out a character they barely did anything with up to this point, so on that level I think the show was a failure. Mainly as a wasted opportunity.

For what it was though, it was fine. Mostly saved by the woman who played Agatha.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Wanda is too much above puny humans now to go to prison. She is a cosmic entity, she is not going to jail, again, unless people stick stuff on her brain to make her stop working.

I don't know if I'll explain myself correctly. I think the actions and feelings of the character makes sense: she did a whoopsie, enslaved an entire town, got desperate to rationalize that the whoopsie was actually a good thing, when she couldn't run from it anymore, she did freed them, but nah, she isn't sticking around to deal with human punishment, she is the legendary scarlet witch, she has better things to do than facing the justice system.

But *the show* tried to convince us she didn't do anything that wrong, hell, she even sacrificed her loved ones "for them", them being the people she enslaved on the first place. That's all kind of yikes.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
"They'll never know what you sacrificed for them" is destined to become some meme shit for any villain that handwaves and stops some of the suffering they've caused just to feel a little better themselves.
The more I think about it the more mind-bogglingly nonsensical that shit is.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
So wait.... what charges was Hayward arrested on?
Experimenting on a broken robot and trying to stop two deranged witches? Shooting at two The Sims children? He'll be out again in a day.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL

Like, I don't get it.

Admittedly, I feel like that's true to her character in a couple of ways lol

She's done her fair share of shitty things. Beyond killing TONS of mutants.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
'They'll never know what you sacrificed'

Except....urmmm, they do and don't give a fuck because you held them hostage? They literally said they dreamt her dreams everynight

'It was Agatha alllllll alongggg'!

Cute musical meme! Except...it wasn't her all along. She came across as a B-tier baddy with no plan beyond to...steal Wanda's powers?

Why couldn't Wanda, since they'd bragged up her power levels, just recreate Westview in that remote Cabin in the Woods?

The stingers didn't do anything for me.

I liked the Vision reasoning with Vision bits.

Are we saying Quicksilver was just 'some random guy who just looked like Peters'?

Overall weak finale to a good concept of a show that had some great moments. The ride was much better than 'the mystery'