• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was never upset by the Mandarin fake out in Iron Man 3. The Ralph shit here definitely got under my skin, though.

aHfmQyE.jpg

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
It was like next-level astral projection where the body and soul could function independently. Maybe to show her progress in learning magic...?

Also got some serious Evil Dead vibes with the cabin. lol

I'll accept "magic progress" because it didn't seem like the regular Wanda was answering the door much as she was in the middle of nowhere.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The Trevor Slattery reveal had more to it. It was memorable and funny and interesting. The "Ralph" reveal happened and then two seconds later, that was literally it. There was no payoff. It just ended. Never saw him again.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I came into this thread after watching the finale expecting mass praise?! Did people really not like that? I feel like i just witnessed some of the most emotional and well acted scenes in the mcu.

I ran a poll last week from this thread and 65-70% of posters wanted Hex Vision to merge with White Vision and have a happy ending.
So I feel there was a certain amount of unrealistic expectations going into the finale.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
The morality of having tortured those people end with "they will never know what you sacrificed for them" is a bit yikes.
It's a bit like the bully saying he is sacrificing the cash he chose not to steal from you. And I know there is a lot of reasoning behind it, but still, she tortured an entire town. Woken up Sarah/Dottie was begging for a *better role so her daughter could leave the room*

BUT
You know, overall, now Wanda has a new quest, she is using the darkhold to do it (sorry Agents of SHIELD fans) and there's a Doctor Strange movie coming up.
I don't think Wanda will be the villain there, but she will wake up something and both her and doctor strange will fetch Agatha.

I'm with you, I genuinely cringed at that line. Wanda had brainwashed and enslaved these people and locked their children away for weeks, but they should be grateful for her sacrifice. Sure, Jan.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
So is Wanda using the Darkhold to find her kids thus inexplicably unleashing hell + the multiverse? Or wait, isn't Spider-Man: No Way Home releasing first?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They're clearly steering us right into Wanda's presence in Doctor Strange. Why else would they prominently throw this heap of junk:
images

on the marquee of the Westview theater? It's a fun wink and nod.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mandarin on Iron Man 3 was great because it worked within the story. We the audience expected a terrorist, the people inside the movie expected a terrorist, everyone was duped at the same time.

Here the way the audience saw the character because of casting and what the characters saw him is too much of a gap. Can't blame people for getting mad. I think it was dishonest casting, a thing only possible on the context of the MCU. lol

But, you know, whatever. There is a bunch of thing to nitpick, but it was sweet.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Welp, I guess they're going to hate me. Let me fly off now," is not consequences.

It's just a dropped ball.

Shitty storytelling, period.

Monica trying to play up her sacrifice and Wanda replying "they'll never see me in a different way" was hilarious. Like bruh, if anything Monica's reaction to being mindcontrolled is the strange one. The only reason those people didn't straight up attack her was because they were terrified for their lives.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Fietro reveals was weeks ago, people just didn't want to believe it.

Sort of like that guy that was arguing for pages about how Agatha was really a good guy despite like, the million storytelling flags that painted her as a power hungry and manipulative fiend.

sandyph

Oct 31, 2017
I came into this thread after watching the finale expecting mass praise?! Did people really not like that? I feel like i just witnessed some of the most emotional and well acted scenes in the mcu.

yeah, Wanda & Vision saying good night to the boys knowing well that they going to be wiped out of existence soon is pretty heartbreaking

and she stand there alone in the empty lot ....

I'm with you, I genuinely cringed at that line. Wanda had brainwashed and enslaved these people and locked their children away for weeks, but they should be grateful for her sacrifice. Sure, Jan.

is it though ? it must have been a couple of days tops

Last edited:

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Man, so many cliffhangers, so many loose ends, so much setup with very little payoff. Ending felt very rushed and restrained, like it was afraid to explore deeper intentionally.

Even without the wild speculation, it built up a lot within itself and didn't deliver on a lot of fronts:
  • Agatha's purpose was never explained​
  • How she came across Wanda was never shown​
  • Pietro storyline was shafted for a boner joke​
  • Vision flew off after having his memory restored​
  • Darkhold wasn't explained (unless it's the key factor for the MCU moving forward)​
  • Monica's entire storyline and purpose made no sense (she was a SWORD agent on the Wanda case, but she had a change of heart and decided to help Wanda instead because...?)​
  • Hayward's sheer hatred towards Wanda was unexplained (she tried to take Vision and...?)​
  • Darcy was reduced to a one-liner who's only role was to stop Hayward.​
Finale could've been so much better :(

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The morality of having tortured those people end with "they will never know what you sacrificed for them" is a bit yikes.
It's a bit like the bully saying he is sacrificing the cash he chose not to steal from you. And I know there is a lot of reasoning behind it, but still, she tortured an entire town. Woken up Sarah/Dottie was begging for a *better role so her daughter could leave the room*

BUT
You know, overall, now Wanda has a new quest, she is using the darkhold to do it (sorry Agents of SHIELD fans) and there's a Doctor Strange movie coming up.
I don't think Wanda will be the villain there, but she will wake up something and both her and doctor strange will fetch Agatha.
Why did they include that. Ugh

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Man, so many cliffhangers, so many loose ends, so much setup with very little payoff. Ending felt very rushed and restrained, like it was afraid to explore deeper intentionally.

Even without the wild speculation, it built up a lot within itself and didn't deliver on a lot of fronts:
  • Agatha's purpose was never explained​
  • How she came across Wanda was never shown​
  • Pietro storyline was shafted for a boner joke​
  • Vision flew off after having his memory restored​
  • Darkhold wasn't explained (unless it's the key factor for the MCU moving forward)​
  • Monica's entire storyline and purpose made no sense (she was a SWORD agent on the Wanda case, but she had a change of heart and decided to help Wanda instead because...?)​
  • Hayward's sheer hatred towards Wanda was unexplained (she tried to take Vision and...?)​
  • Darcy was reduced to a one-liner who's only role was to stop Hayward.​
Finale could've been so much better :(
What the hell do we do about our avatar bet now? 😅

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Wanda was walking into town to turn herself in and instead she floats off without even apologizing to anyone. Like what the fuck, what she did was not okay. That shit ain't a mulligan.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Monica trying to play up her sacrifice and Wanda replying "they'll never see me in a different way" was hilarious. Like bruh, if anything Monica's reaction to being mindcontrolled is the strange one. The only reason those people didn't straight up attack her was because they were terrified for their lives.
Why the fuck did Wanda even walk back into town? One last look at the puppetmaster before she peaces out I guess?

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She really did. She didn't even bother to try to make amends. Just went far away to read a book and never even gave it a thought afterwards.

Honestly, the worse part - that makes her a bit of a villain - is that when Agatha freed them, she just made excuses about how it was all actually okay.

She has atonements to make for certain

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Her just walking through the town center and then flying away from all that shit she just caused was a little funny. No consequences. She was just like "alright, onto the next thing! See ya!"

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I love that fake Pietro was a nobody. The MCU doesn't need any of the FOX stuff. Not everything needs to be a groundbreaking reveal, and this was more interesting than Agatha being in the palm of some other villain.

The finale was good, though not as strong as past episodes. The Wanda & Vision scenes were the best part, and I'm very happy they specifically said they'd look forward to seeing each other again. (Especially with White Vision flying around somewhere.)

I'm also glad they didn't kill Agatha. I think there's more they can work with regarding her character, and how she could still help Wanda.

Overall, it was a very strong start to the real deal MCU TV shows, despite it running out of steam a bit at the end. I'm excited for Falcon & Winter Soldier.

P.S. The mailman is still suspicious.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Great series. Ended on some unanswered questions but that's part the course for the MCU. Now to wait for the movies!

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

And, like, THEY did that! They did that. lol

Monica is literally the only character to not respond to Wanda's mind control with utter trauma. They didn't have to do that! lol

megadarve

Oct 27, 2017
So Agatha isn't neutralised since the hex was taken down? Really didn't make any sense, along with the hex opening and closing all over the place.

Agatha talking about taking power from the unworthy sounded good, but then they just started fighting and doing the Marvel outsmarting stuff in the end lol.

Pretty dissatisfying over all, but will be interesting where the characters all go next I suppose.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I thought Wanda was walking into town to turn herself in and instead she floats off without even apologizing to anyone. Like what the fuck, what she did was not okay. That shit ain't a mulligan.

Yeah, this bothered me as well. And to cap it off with, "They'll never know what you sacrificed for them," is... what?

She kidnapped them and changed their reality to turn them into slaves.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts on how they resolved different bits of the show:

Wanda's family: 9/10, the scenes with Bettany and Olsen were great, the sendoff for the kids was heartbreaking
Vision v Vision: 8/10 Thought it was a cool fight, liked they they ended it with logic etc
Jimmy Woo: 7/10 Good job Jimmy
Agatha: 7/10, glad she's still alive, her motivations were a little weak/generic
Darcy: 6/10, single moment was a good one, but not enough Darcy
Monica: 6/10, barely used her powers, absolved Wanda in a weird way
The Hex: 4/10, Wanda gets off weirdly scott free
Fietro: 2/10, How did they not identify him? Why does he have a witch chamber in his basement? A Boner joke, really?

A lot more middling than I expected.

Sep 7, 2018
This episode felt mad rushed. I get the emotions they wanted to portray, but it needed some build up before they try to hit you with it. I felt it a couple of times, but it would've hit harder if it had slowed down some.

I'm disappointed that Tommy and Billy may not continue, though that post credits scene makes it seem like they will, but I don't get it. How could they be trapped somewhere if they no longer exist? I also don't see how Wanda is still keeping Agatha prisoner if she closed the Hex and is on another continent somewhere.

May 26, 2018
Why the fuck did Wanda even walk back into town? One last look at the puppetmaster before she peaces out I guess?

Just to have a scene where it's justified or excused, I guess. Kinda come out of that scene making all the superheroes look like they are okay with slavery though??? lol

"maybe what I did was bad"
"nah I'd enslave an entire town to bring back a simulation of my mom"

like, okie dokie, hope no kids IRL are looking up to these folk haha

what a weird ending

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Agatha isn't neutralised since the hex was taken down? Really didn't make any sense, along with the hex opening and closing all over the place.

Agatha talking about taking power from the unworthy sounded good, but then they just started fighting and doing the Marvel outsmarting stuff in the end lol.

Pretty dissatisfying over all, but will be interesting where the characters all go next I suppose.

She just cast a personal spell on Agatha. Not related to the hex.