• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
That episode and the specific Brady Bunch episode shown in last episode probably say a lot about where this may be heading.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the hell Darcy's role is even going to be in the finale. Maybe she hits Fietro or someone with the truck in a tiny callback to when she hit Thor with her research van.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's why actual theories are more interesting than lists, but I guess with there being a handful of mysteries that we know will likely be resolved, it's easier to just talk about outcomes than how we get there, I suppose.

This list stuff is bullshit, but it's also, like...we're hours away from the finale of a mystery series, sooooo fuck it, throw your bets in now and see if any actually come true. Figure there's not that much harm in it provided no one goes too crazy with it, lol.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
inb4 someone posts a thread about that Illuminerdy scoop regarding Mutants.

any other source but them ....come on lmao

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Is there another unrevealed antagonist?

Maybe as a credit reveal tease for Doctor Strange 2, say Chthon given the appearance of the Darkhold, but not as a main part of the plot.

Does 'our' Vision exist at the end?

First he died. Now he dead (but see below).

Do the kids exist at the end?

Yes, but quite possibly displaced through time/space/hell dimensions.

What happens to Hayward?

Nothing but a pissed off Monica is coming to get her secret organisation back.

What happens to Agatha?

Banished to dark dimensions. Effectively dead until they decide she isn't.

What happens to Fietro?

Stops existing. Literally just a stunt cast. But maybe some kind of very vague tease about the other Quicksilver coming back to life.

What happens to White Vision?

Defeated, shut down, and restored as a "good guy" but with none of Vision's memories or emotions due to the lack of the mind stone. Leaves alone or with SWORD. Perhaps a hint dropped that they can get his personality backup as created by Shuri and fix him, but maybe that's left unsaid for later.

Nobody, creation of Agatha and Wanda.

What's up with Dottie?

She's the witness. Could be Clea.

Does Doctor Strange Appear?

Yes but very briefly, possibly not even in the same shot as anyone else.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
POST (GUESS) THE SONG QS GONNA DO SOME COOL SHIT TO
He's going to rev up to do some cool shit except Vision is going to die (and they need a dramatic goodbye) so this will start playing

and then Wanda will feel the catharsis of being able to grieve (and they get an Inception "we did grow old together" moment) when the music amps up and she will show a big power surge to throw QS out of this universe, the hex will collapse, Agatha will be defeated, etc. (so it'll be a Wanda does cool shit moment)

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
It's why actual theories are more interesting than lists, but I guess with there being a handful of mysteries that we know will likely be resolved, it's easier to just talk about outcomes than how we get there, I suppose.
Not to be a negative nancy, but I found most of the theory-crafting for this show to be rather boring and pointless. There were some good easter eggs and comic storyline connections that were discussed, which I enjoyed, but so much of the speculation just devolved into people's (often absurd) wish lists for things they wanted.

I suppose anything can happen in a post-credits teaser, so I won't say this is impossible, but I'm still astounded that I read several posts that were adamant that Magneto or Professor X would appear in this show and apparently provide a monologue about how Wanda's DNA contains a mutant X-gene.

The thirst over the aerospace engineer was also hilarious in hindsight. Tons of people pulling all matters of predictions out of their ass over a couple mundane lines of dialogue used to move the plot forward. And then you also had people still clinging to the idea that Paul Bettany wasn't joking about working with himself after White Vision was introduced, and instead...expecting an entirely new character to be introduced in the last episode that would have significant screen time and/or interactions with Vision? So much of the theories just seemed irrational.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Wouldn't it be great if we got a new one of these tomorrow? Shit movie, but this scene was amazing.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised by how many people think Fietro is no one. I guess it shouldn't be surprising given how long they waited for a reveal and how other "reveals" like the aerospace engineer and Betanny's actor he's always wanted to work with or even the lack of more X-Men cameos or a mutant mention have panned out.

People stopped expecting anything so they aren't disappointed when we get nothing.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Not to be a negative nancy, but I found most of the theory-crafting for this show to be rather boring and pointless. There were some good easter eggs and comic storyline connections that were discussed, which I enjoyed, but so much of the speculation just devolved into people's (often absurd) wish lists for things they wanted.

I suppose anything can happen in a post-credits teaser, so I won't say this is impossible, but I'm still astounded that I read several posts that were adamant that Magneto or Professor X would appear in this show and apparently provide a monologue about how Wanda's DNA contains a mutant X-gene.

The thirst over the aerospace engineer was also hilarious in hindsight. Tons of people pulling all matters of predictions out of their ass over a couple mundane lines of dialogue used to move the plot forward. And then you also had people still clinging to the idea that Paul Bettany wasn't joking about working with himself after White Vision was introduced, and instead...expecting an entirely new character to be introduced in the last episode that would have significant screen time and/or interactions with Vision? So much of the theories just seemed irrational.
Honestly, I feel like it's because the show played out the mystery and did drop hints, but it ultimately wasn't all that interested in the mystery, at least not to the degree the fans were looking for. The 4th episode spelled most early mysteries out pretty plainly and stated Wanda was behind it, which despite the big "villain" reveal song by Agatha, she was. It doesn't help that villains like Agatha and Hayward just outright lied when it comes to piecing together clues for what is really going on.

So yeah, fans desperately clinging to Fox Quicksilver because of Evan Peters' casting and Multiverse of Madness and nothing else was obnoxious, but in their defense, the show gave us nothing either way in regards to Evan Peters the entire time so I can understand why discussion played out the way it did.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised by how many people think Fietro is no one. I guess it shouldn't be surprising given how long they waited for a reveal and how other "reveals" like the aerospace engineer and Betanny's actor he's always wanted to work with or even the lack of more X-Men cameos or a mutant mention have panned out.

People stopped expecting anything so they aren't disappointed when we get nothing.
X-Men/mutants is still happening though. Pretty sure that was Magneto in the last episode (Maximoff dad). And we're getting Patrick Stewart this episode , probably with Hugh Jackman too

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

I've been around enough Smash Bros. speculation to know that a lot of people are very reactionary, in such a way that at any given moment the biggest thing that matters is the last thing that just happened. And right now that "last thing" is some combination of Episode 8 revelations and Bettany confessing to his joke.

Honestly, I feel like it's because the show played out the mystery and did drop hints, but it ultimately wasn't all that interested in the mystery, at least not to the degree the fans were looking for. The 4th episode spelled most early mysteries out pretty plainly and stated Wanda was behind it, which despite the big "villain" reveal song by Agatha, she was. It doesn't help that villains like Agatha and Hayward just outright lied when it comes to piecing together clues for what is really going on.

So yeah, fans desperately clinging to Fox Quicksilver because of Evan Peters' casting and Multiverse of Madness and nothing else was obnoxious, but in their defense, the show gave us nothing either way in regards to Evan Peters the entire time so I can understand why discussion played out the way it did.

I'll give the show enough credit to say that this is intentional audience subversion. I doubt it was accidental happenstance that the show says its Wanda's fault in Episode 4 - arguably Episode 3 - and then spends several episodes teasing at hidden threats from Hayward to Agatha to Fietro, culminating in "Agatha All Along". It's only through Episode 8 that we not only see that the Hex is ultimately fully Wanda's fault, but that the "how" is a single emotional outburst that breaks reality further than even the audience anticipated.

It's not that there is no mystery, it's that the truth behind Westview is deceptively simple, especially relative to Hayward's deception and the truth behind Cataract.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I'll give the show enough credit to say that this is intentional audience subversion. I doubt it was accidental happenstance that the show says its Wanda's fault in Episode 4 - arguably Episode 3 - and then spends several episodes teasing at hidden threats from Hayward to Agatha to Fietro, culminating in "Agatha All Along". It's only through Episode 8 that we not only see that the Hex is ultimately fully Wanda's fault, but that the "how" is a single emotional outburst that breaks reality further than even the audience anticipated.

It's not that there is no mystery, it's that the truth behind Westview is deceptively simple, especially relative to Hayward's deception and the truth behind Cataract.
My main issue with the show is that there is very little mystery and they really take way too long getting to the reveals. E.g. when the show was first announced I assumed it was Wanda who had created this world out of her grief. So the epsiode 4 reveal and even last weeks reveals fell kind of flat. Whatever episode it was where they showed that the people in this place were in pain from the Hex, made it clear to me that there was gonna be some villain manipulating Wanda etc. And obviously Hayward was bad news from minute 1.So that meantt there was very little mystery cos I was always multiple episodes ahead of what they were revealing. And when the revelas do come they fall falt cos it's taken so long to get to there.

This is probably less of an issue if you watch it all in one go rather than week by week.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last scene is gonna be like the Evangelion TV ending 😳😳😳

Wanda:
I am I. I wish to be I.
I wish to stay here as do I.
I can stay here as do I!

*Hex breaks*

Vision: Congratulations.
Tommy & Billy: Congratulations!
Agatha: Congratulations!
Sparky: Bark! Bark!
Monica: Congratulations!
Pietro: Congratulations!
Darcy: Congrats
Jimmy: Congrats!
Fietro: Congratulations

To the Mind Stone, thank you.
To Vision, Farewell.
And to all the Marvel fans...
Congratulations!

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
The last scene is gonna be like the Evangelion TV ending 😳😳😳

Wanda:
I am I. I wish to be I.
I wish to stay here as do I.
I can stay here as do I!

*Hex breaks*

Vision: Congratulations.
Tommy & Billy: Congratulations!
Agatha: Congratulations!
Sparky: Bark! Bark!
Monica: Congratulations!
Pietro: Congratulations!
Darcy: Congrats
Jimmy: Congrats!
Fietro: Congratulations

To the Mind Stone, thank you.
To Vision, Farewell.
And to all the Marvel fans...
Congratulations!

When does everyone explode into orange goo?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
that latest promo heavily features
Dr. Strange (as expected) but it's all footage from the other movies. Still, if there wasany doubts he would be in the finale...

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Just for fun, what do you think the intro would be if they went for an Arrested Development episode?

"And now the story of an Avenger who lost everything, and the one synthezoid who had no choice but to keep her sane. It's WandaVision."

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Dr. Strange (as expected) but it's all footage from the other movies. Still, if there wasany doubts he would be in the finale...

i can't find any promo on an official channel...you sure what you saw was legit and not the same people who make the fakes that people fall for every week?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
You don't happen to be talking about an "official promo" that has only been posted to a channel called "Screen Culture", are you?

They only make fake trailers and fan edits that people keep seeming to think is legit.