• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
The director of the show is telling people to calm their tits because half of you have already decided the finale is going to suck if it doesn't match your shitty fan fiction.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And the introduction of explicitly supernatural witchcraft and shit, along with the implication that brings visa vi fuckin Draculas in the MCU

And also SWORD as an organisation.

So in Wandavision so far we had:
1) Origin of Monica/Spectrum
2) Origin of the twins
3) First time seeing SWORD and what happened to Maria
4) Supernatural/magic that differs from Dr Strange.
5) Agatha and what is probably the Darkhold, leading to vampires
6) Exploration of Wanda's and Vision's romance, history, and character building.
7) Establishing Wanda's status as The Scarlet Witch and her magical prowess.
8) Side characters like Darcy and Woo (we might see where they end up after this show)
9) How the Snap influenced small towns like Westview and SWORD's change in direction.
10) Maybe Hayward would be more than a 1 show villain.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
There was also another thread with white vision in the title, by Friday at 2pm pst. I didn't even have time to watch.
To be fair that thread was made weeks ago and someone just bumped it.

Spoiler etiquette for comic adaptions of decades old characters/story lines is weird. I know most of the major beats of these story's through culture osmosis/Slayven threads so I mainly watch the MCU to see how they execute stuff tbh.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
There was also another thread with white vision in the title, by Friday at 2pm pst. I didn't even have time to watch.
To be fair that was actually an unrelated thread that got bumped by someone. The thread in question was about the comics and was made on the Feb 15th and someone bumped it because of WandaVision.

But yes as someone who doesn't watch the episode until 5pm EST it was annoying to see that bump.

As for this episode. At this point don't expect any major reveals that aren't specifically about this show.

Fietro will probably remain ambiguous because while they might want to tap into the pop culture of it, the MCU doesn't want to just incorporate the Fox-Men into it.

Perhaps the mid and/or after credits scene will have some villain reveal but I'm expecting it to just be Doctor Strange and setup for his second movie.

Don't expect the word mutant to be said, do expect the fate of Wanda's kids to be left up in the air.

Expect Spectrum to do some bad ass shit. And also be the one who talks Wanda down from doing something bad.

Besides that I'm unsure. These are just my guesses based on how the show has been going.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
There's a chance the post credits scene will just be setting up Falcon and the Winter Soldier too. I know it was supposed to come out first, but plans change and so must teases.

Hell, maybe the original post credits scene of FatWS was Jimmy Woo driving to Westview, but now they've had to change it because turns out Jimmy Woo is actually Mephisto.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And also SWORD as an organisation.

So in Wandavision so far we had:
1) Origin of Monica/Spectrum
2) Origin of the twins
3) First time seeing SWORD and what happened to Maria
4) Supernatural/magic that differs from Dr Strange.
5) Agatha and what is probably the Darkhold, leading to vampires
6) Exploration of Wanda's and Vision's romance, history, and character building.
7) Establishing Wanda's status as The Scarlet Witch and her magical prowess.
8) Side characters like Darcy and Woo (we might see where they end up after this show)
9) How the Snap influenced small towns like Westview and SWORD's change in direction.
10) Maybe Hayward would be more than a 1 show villain.
1. Should just be origin of Spectrum cause Monica appeared before this show even if she was a little kid then in Captain Marvel

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is no way Hayward is a multi show villain. Dude's a bore already.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017

Imo to be fair, he(the actor) hasn't had much to work with so far. If the character has an hidden agenda somehow, he could evolve from being an boring generic bad guy. You do get hints that he has lost someone to an powered individual and is bitter about it.

No matter what turn the final episode takes(still hoping for an happy ending), I have had a lot of fun with this thread and all the theories. Reading the thread after watching an episode somehow improves the episode I just watched retroactively in my mind.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, he might not die, but I doubt he'll be the director of SWORD after this.

Didn't he violate Vision's will by experimenting on his body? That seems like grounds for a firing along with failing to deal with the WandaVision situation.

His character comes off as too much of a generic corrupt government lacky than a major "brains behind the operation" kinda villain.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah, he might not die, but I doubt he'll be the director of SWORD after this.

Didn't he violate Vision's will by experimenting on his body? That seems like grounds for a firing along with failing to deal with the WandaVision situation.

His character comes off as too much of a generic corrupt government lacky than a major "brains behind the operation" kinda villain.
The MCU hasn't yet touched on A. I. rights has it? Hayward could easily say Vision's will means nothing since he isnt a real person.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
In one of the Iron Man's, Stark jokes about destroying one of his AIs because he is stupid.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we don't get an X-Files style monster of the week tv show with the skeptical Woo and the believer Darcy, I shall riot. Bonus points if there's some Big Bad in one episode that could destroy the world and Darcy just picks up her phone, calls Jane and she busts through the fucking ceiling with Meow-meow in hand. 😂

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
If Goku and Toriko are not in this finale I will be mad enough to harass people on Twitter😡

Last edited:

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm waiting to watch with my brother tomorrow

You better behave yourselves with the damn thread title this week. None of this coy "OH MY GOD THEY PULLED IT OFF" bullshit. You know exactly who you are.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
maybe but he has enough law presence (pardon I can't find the right words) for a deed though

Vision sided with Gen. Ross for the Sokovia thing, decided to live in the government monitored Avengers facility...didn't just go totally AWOL which his power-set would give him...so I think that bought him some brownie points. To me its the feds playing nice to ensure Superman stays American, so to speak. If famous celebrity superpower wants to buy a house go for it.

EDIT: Actually, if he has anywhere near the "internet powers" of Ultron he also could have just forged all the info he needed :lol

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
There's a chance the post credits scene will just be setting up Falcon and the Winter Soldier too. I know it was supposed to come out first, but plans change and so must teases.

Hell, maybe the original post credits scene of FatWS was Jimmy Woo driving to Westview, but now they've had to change it because turns out Jimmy Woo is actually Mephisto.
Wasn't there talk that they had to cut certain scenes tying together Black Widow and FatWS?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I continue to think the final tease will be multiverse related (which is very phrase 4 centric). A portal showing a thing / person / object that should not be there, or showing Wanda in a world she should not be. It highlights Wanda's powers are "leveled up", tearing realties apart teases a bigger MCU plot, and none of this is outside of the bounds the show has set.

Teasing realties is enough. You don't need to show anyone/thing specific to get people excited. Fringe executed something similar in the best was possible 10 years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course they will. They make movies with AAA movie stars. These characters will never be at that level.

cby2iie.gif

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Hope no one watches GMA. They just fucked up with a clip. Paul Bettany is on & a clip they showed has nothing to do with Paul Bettany.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
:D That point didn't really come out the way I meant it.

Anyways nothing important is gonna happen in WV or the other tv shows. No mutants or FF or Vision revival. If you just watch the movies you'll be fine. If you are dying to know Monica's origin story that's great but it's not important in the grand scheme of things.
Marvel Film and Marvel TV are not at war anymore.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For sure. I worded that badly. All I meant is that Monica isn't gonna be the lead character in the next Captain Marvel movie or something.

They're clearly building off of that, especially if leaks from last year and the year before are to be believed. I'm mostly inclined too as there was Star Wars and Disney proper stuff included that turned out to be true.