• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing that gives me quite the thrill of seeing film snobs continuously bothered by the love of the MCU. As if one cannot simultaneously love Barry Lyndon and WandaVision.

But aren't MCU stans equally insufferable when they attack Scorsese for not worshipping Marvel films?

Any who, the line is definitely not corny. Its good. Period. I say this as someone that finds WV to rarely rise above mediocre.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup just by this threads title and the fact that the White vision thread got bumped led me to assume they gave her the title scarlett witch and that white vision was shown
Yeah.

Chill out with that shit y'all. Not everyone has the ability to stay up until 4AM to watch the latest episode the second it airs. There needs to be at least a 24-hour grace period on that type of shit. I shouldn't have to go blackout on ResetEra for the entire workday on the day an episode airs.

Make your thread "Spoiler discussion for WandaVision episode 8" or something.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah.

Chill out with that shit y'all. Not everyone has the ability to stay up until 4AM to watch the latest episode the second it airs. There needs to be at least a 24-hour grace period on that type of shit. I shouldn't have to go blackout on ResetEra for the entire workday on the day an episode airs.

Make your thread "Spoiler discussion for WandaVision episode 8" or something.
But that would defeat the purpose of rushing to be the first to say they've seen it and spoil it for everyone. I bet you're fun at parties. Jerk.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
But aren't MCU stans equally insufferable when they attack Scorsese for not worshipping Marvel films?

Any who, the line is definitely not corny. Its good. Period. I say this as someone that finds WV to rarely rise above mediocre.

I mean every fan base has its crazy stans. Also I remember you getting all mad about Feige doing Star Wars saying Star Wars was so much better than that. 😆

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
My bet is that Vision will merge with vision. But either it will work and Vision just no longer trusts Wanda and leaves her.

Or if the personality of white vision is Ultron, that they'll merge and most of vision to override Ultron, but Vision will forget who Wanda is and will again leave Wanda all alone.

Jul 10, 2020
These shirts Disney is actually selling for Wandavision are TERRIBLE.

They feel like knock-offs you would find an a convention.

They're just a high-rez screenshot on a T-Shirt, and they're charging offical Disney Marvel shirt prices for these.

Holy moley.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I mean every fan base has its crazy stans. Also I remember you getting all mad about Feige doing Star Wars saying Star Wars was so much better than that. 😆

I don't want Feige taking over Star Wars, but he can have his one film or whatever. After JJ's bowel movement, the franchise can't sink any lower. I do think he's the absolute wrong choice though, the franchise needs bold visionary filmmakers like Rian Johnson to move the franchise forward. But Disney seems content to wallow in nostalgia. But, that's a separate subject.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

They're just a high-rez screenshot on a T-Shirt, and they're charging offical Disney Marvel shirt prices for these.

Holy moley.
Wasn't the Mandalorian merch also bad starting out? Wonder what's up with Dis

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017

Holy moley.
I think it's a side effect of them wanting to prevent leaks and spoilers - so they don't have designs ready to go out of the gate. But I dunno why they can't have the designers whip up something nicer and take a few extra days. I guess it's probably gotta go through too many layers of approval and branding vs. just having a screenshot of pre approved content on a shirt so they can meet the demand quicker I guess?

Jul 10, 2020

Yeah, the first "The Child" merchandise was just the same. A screenshot on a cup/shirt/whatever.

I imagine it's Disney trying to have material ready for sale while minimizing the risk of leaks.

Why design an amazing Agatha Harkness shirt that could leak weeks ahead of time, when you could just take a still from the show and slap in on the shirt.

It's still terrible though.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
MCU stans don't jump at any opportunity to attack Scorsese the way MCU haters do with anything tangentially related to the MCU.

That should tell you that Marvel fans have more of a beef with Scorsese's words than him or his body of work, even if a handful of fans did make it about Scorsese in the moment. Ultimately, Scorsese is NOT seen as the eternal villain of comic book movies in the same way some see comic book movies as the eternal villain of "real" cinema, potentially an opinion held by people like Scorsese himself.

Jul 10, 2020
I think it's a side effect of them wanting to prevent leaks and spoilers - so they don't have designs ready to go out of the gate. But I dunno why they can't have the designers whip up something nicer and take a few extra days. I guess it's probably gotta go through too many layers of approval and branding vs. just having a screenshot of pre approved content on a shirt so they can meet the demand quicker I guess?

I'd rather have much nicer merch down the line that's worth the price than a screenshot of Agatha in her costume on a generic black-tee with maybe the wandavision logo on it.

I mean that latest T-Shirt is literally just
A screenshot of Wand and Vision's deed

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have much nicer merch down the line that's worth the price than a screenshot of Agatha in her costume on a generic black-tee with maybe the wandavision logo on it.

I mean that latest T-Shirt is literally just
A screenshot of Wand and Vision's deed
I think most people would, but I guess there must be a market out there for that dogshit. Maybe they're fighting the knockoff t-shirt market.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I don't want Feige taking over Star Wars, but he can have his one film or whatever. After JJ's bowel movement, the franchise can't sink any lower. I do think he's the absolute wrong choice though, the franchise needs bold visionary filmmakers like Rian Johnson to move the franchise forward. But Disney seems content to wallow in nostalgia. But, that's a separate subject.

That's totally fair.

MCU stans don't jump at any opportunity to attack Scorsese the way MCU haters do with anything tangentially related to the MCU.

That should tell you that Marvel fans have more of a beef with Scorsese's words than him or his body of work, even if a handful of fans did make it about Scorsese in the moment. Ultimately, Scorsese is NOT seen as the eternal villain of comic book movies in the same way some see comic book movies as the eternal villain of "real" cinema, potentially an opinion held by people like Scorsese himself.
I feel like the two sides can feed each other sometimes. Like when you hear the more snobbish film types take about the MCU being middling trash, it can lead to fans getting defensive which makes the former go "Gosh, MCU fans can't take criticism... Yadda yadda"

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah but, who cares? Let them hate while everyone else enjoys.

That's totally fair.

I feel like the two sides can feed each other sometimes. Like when you hear the more snobbish film types take about the MCU being middling trash, it can lead to fans getting defensive which makes the former go "Gosh, MCU fans can't take criticism... Yadda yadda"

Yep, I also feel certain "critics" stoke the flames themselves, like when early impression reviewers called WV "Lynchian."

Just. Stop.

Nov 1, 2017
Hex Vision merging with Icy White Vision would be fly as fuck. Probably won't happen but I hope it does.

Seeing as this show has made Vision one of my favorite Avengers (thanks to Bettany's next level acting) I'd love to see a swagged out Vision.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but, who cares? Let them hate while everyone else enjoys.

Yep, I also feel certain "critics" stoke the flames themselves, like when early impression reviewers called WV "Lynchian."

Just. Stop.
You were the one seeming to "both sides" the situation when the whole debate is once again sparked over normie audiences simply enjoying something and then the elitist film snobs coming in to gatekeep and telling them they are enjoying it too much or what they enjoy is actually trash.

It reeks of "they brought it on themselves."

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Is it too early to make final episode predictions? going to make a prediction now:

Dottie (YES, my gurl), whoever she is, is from the Kamar-Taj (basing this on the fact that she's continuously been associated with the color yellow and colors matter in WestView,). We've been wondering why a significant anomaly involving chaos magic hasn't gotten Doctor Strange's attention before now but come to find out it did. Only it didn't seem like a big enough issue for his direct involvement, so he sent an underling (Dottie) to investigate. She arrived in Westview around the same time Agatha did, who immediately recognized Dottie as another witch and probably initially suspected her as the one behind all this ("Dottie is the key to everything in this town"), as Dottie is directly using magic to manipulate people around her to fit in Westview ("For the children"), while Wanda in Agatha's mind is clearly a witch but largely clueless. It isn't until the talent show that Agatha realizes that Wanda is responsible for the hex, which is coincidentally when Dottie started getting ignored.

When shit hits the fan in the final episode, Dottie is going to be the reason Dr. Strange gets involved. I predict it's going to happen in one of two ways: She is either going to call for him and he is going to play a role in breaking down the hex after Wanda loses control again. Or, and this is the one I prefer, in the final act of the episode when we think everything is over, Mephisto is going to manifest via Agatha and start absolutely wrecking shop. Just before he finishes off Wanda, Dottie will reveal herself and teleport them out. Fade to black.

Wanda wakes up, with either Vision (no kids), or kids (no Vision), at Kamar-Taj, Doctor Strange standing before her. "Wanda...do you have any idea what you've just unleashed?" dun Dun DUN. The end.

You heard it here first. *Sips tea*

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
As a huge fan of the couple on the comics, that scene kept me going lol.
"Oh boy, someone at Marvel remembers the Scarlet Witch and Vision used to be married and are throwing me a bone! I feel so validated!"

Now look where we are.
The most watched show on earth is about this thing from my funny books. That blows my mind every day all over again. The MCU just makes me so happy.
-
Btw, I usually like that he MCU doesn't dictate the way the comics go, but I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed my Wanda Vision remarriage! The couple is so good and makes so much sense!

I subsisted on Vision/Scarlet Witch scraps for years, so this show makes me so happy. I really do hope this ends with Vision's resurrection (for real) using his old body and whatever power Wanda now has.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
If Quicksilver is indeed QS and gets a song moment

what should the song be ?

I'm going with

Nov 1, 2017
Is it too early to make final episode predictions? going to make a prediction now:

Dottie (YES, my gurl), whoever she is, is from the Kamar-Taj (basing this on the fact that she's continuously been associated with the color yellow and colors matter in WestView,). We've been wondering why a significant anomaly involving chaos magic hasn't gotten Doctor Strange's attention before now but come to find out it did. Only it didn't seem like a big enough issue for his direct involvement, so he sent an underling (Dottie) to investigate. She arrived in Westview around the same time Agatha did, who immediately recognized Dottie as another witch and probably initially suspected her as the one behind all this ("Dottie is the key to everything in this town"), as Dottie is directly using magic to manipulate people around her to fit in Westview ("For the children"), while Wanda in Agatha's mind is clearly a witch but largely clueless. It isn't until the talent show that Agatha realizes that Wanda is responsible for the hex, which is coincidentally when Dottie started getting ignored.

When shit hits the fan in the final episode, Dottie is going to be the reason Dr. Strange gets involved. I predict it's going to happen in one of two ways: She is either going to call for him and he is going to play a role in breaking down the hex after Wanda loses control again. Or, and this is the one I prefer, in the final act of the episode when we think everything is over, Mephisto is going to manifest via Agatha and start absolutely wrecking shop. Just before he finishes off Wanda, Dottie will reveal herself and teleport them out. Fade to black.

Wanda wakes up, with either Vision (no kids), or kids (no Vision), at Kamar-Taj, Doctor Strange standing before her. "Wanda...do you have any idea what you've just unleashed?" dun Dun DUN. The end.

You heard it here first. *Sips tea*

Let them theories fly y'all!! I don't give a damn how crazy they are lol I just love reading them.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You were the one seeming to "both sides" the situation when the whole debate is once again sparked over normie audiences simply enjoying something and then the elitist film snobs coming in to gatekeep and telling them they are enjoying it too much or what they enjoy is actually trash.

It reeks of "they brought it on themselves."

Fair.

I'm just saying that Scorsese, in the past, was asked a question and answered truthfully and got hate. Its not like he was seeking out people on Twitter to shit on them for enjoying such films. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its only when others are attacking someone else for their opinion that the behavior becomes shitty.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Fair.

I'm just saying that Scorsese, in the past, was asked a question and answered truthfully and got hate. Its not like he was seeking out people on Twitter to shit on them for enjoying such films. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its only when others are attacking someone else for their opinion that the behavior becomes shitty.
I do agree that outlets seemed to keep fanning the flames with Scorsese, playing into some kind of narrative of Scorsese hating comic movies for clicks when they were the ones who kept asking him about it, which only made some fans increasingly hostile towards him.

I think we agree that attacking someone for their opinions on entertainment is shitty.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Look, all I want in the finale is this dialogue from this comic spoken on screen by Benedict. That's all I need.

main-qimg-7ba66c904d1a227a196b3e0668f37e5e

Hopefully with Wong face palming behind him in a "Jesus Stephen, there's a time and place..."