• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
My thought is that any reveal like that would be a post-credits scene. They'll just say in the show proper that he's from somewhere else and needs to return. Then the post credits scene shows him stepping out of a portal in front of the X-Mansion. No other exposition needed. I think the same thing would happen with Mephisto/Nightmare being in the mix. And yes, I think we'll get two post-credits scenes. One wink to the audience (the QS scene) that may or may not go anywhere, and one that sets up DS2.

That's my guess, anyway. This show has been good with swerves.
Or Mahershala Ali appears and asks where is that fucking book? Which is what this show is really setting up. Witches wizards, (Brother) voodoo, vampires and #myfistoh? This is where we'll get dark shit like Blade, Moon Knight and hopefully Ghost Rider from.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
cad-20080602-358b1.jpg

This time so close panel for panel to the real deal
omg...

Nov 27, 2020
Or Mahershala Ali appears and asks where is that fucking book? Which is what this show is really setting up. Witches wizards, (Brother) voodoo, vampires and #myfistoh? This is where we'll get dark shit like Blade, Moon Knight and hopefully Ghost Rider from.
Good point. We know casting for characters that as far as we know are years away from their movies/shows, so it makes sense that they could pop up for a quick Nick Fury like introduction at the end of this show. The Captain Marvel/Monica stuff might suggest we could see Ms. Marvel as well, especially since that show is in production.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oscar Isaac shows up in Agatha's basement, yelling "I know you're here Dracula, you big damn nerd. Where's my money?!" and then he realises he's in the wrong basement and sulks off screen.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the audience doesn't know or care. Most of the audience doesn't know cast members names unless there's memes or news stories. Most of the audience isn't aware of the most obvious easter eggs. Most of the audience doesn't watch Youtube speculation channels.
At least one of New Rockstars' videos about WandaVision was trending in the top 5 on YouTube, and every single one of their WandaVision episode breakdown videos has over one million views. The casual audience might be more into deeper looks into things than you give them credit for.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Man even before the events of West View, Wanda is still technically a criminal on the run. Her track record is pretty bad when it comes to accepting punishment.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
She walked out of the hex, declared to the armed forces that this is now her territory and walked right back.

I mean, fuck sword and hayward, but Wanda is very conscious of her actions.
She goes in and out of psychosis which is how psychosis can work. It's very clear at times she is very disassociated with reality and it's not all some act.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
At least one of New Rockstars' videos about WandaVision was trending in the top 5 on YouTube, and every single one of their WandaVision episode breakdown videos has over one million views. The casual audience might be more into deeper looks into things than you give them credit for.

They like watching videos, they're not pulling their hair out and typing "it's not mutants shut up not mutants Fietro is a random guy stop saying mutants lol" posts over and over again.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wanda 100 percent knows what she's doing now. Even if it was originally a mistake, even if she cant stop it, the fact that she hasn't even tried makes her culpable. She even consciously left the Hex to defend it from Sword.

She's very sympathetic and I absolutely feel for her, but that doesn't justify her actions here. That's what makes this such an interesting show. Our lead character is lovable, relatable, sympathetic, and entirely in the wrong.

The show at the very least needs to contend with what she's done. It's been bold enough to go this far and I really hope it sticks the landing.
Except this isn't true. There are times where it is obvious she has no clear grasp on reality.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
The MCU writers will decide by fiat whatever resolution they want for Wanda, re: consequences. They've already shown how badly she got blamed for *not saving enough people* and they've also handwaved the consequences of the snap pretty much. If they want to say Wanda is vilified for this act, they will, if they want to say she's absolved for some reason, they will. There's not much point in trying to predict it with real-life parallels.

I am seriously wondering if the "they're all happier now" will persist and Westview will become this town-out-of-time spot where the residents end up liking it that way. Would be weird, but kind of in line with New Asgard and Wakanda as little pockets of not-like-our-world-ness in the MCU.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
The MCU writers will decide by fiat whatever resolution they want for Wanda, re: consequences. They've already shown how badly she got blamed for *not saving enough people* and they've also handwaved the consequences of the snap pretty much. If they want to say Wanda is vilified for this act, they will, if they want to say she's absolved for some reason, they will. There's not much point in trying to predict it with real-life parallels.

I am seriously wondering if the "they're all happier now" will persist and Westview will become this town-out-of-time spot where the residents end up liking it that way. Would be weird, but kind of in line with New Asgard and Wakanda as little pockets of not-like-our-world-ness in the MCU.

If the MCU didn't want to deal with consequences, they'd have had time rewritten in Endgame so that Thanos never snapped in the first place. The fact they didn't undo the last five years suggests that they do want to explore consequences and stick to the new status quo. Maybe not to the hard sci edge some of y'all are clamouring for, but still.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
If the MCU didn't want to deal with consequences, they'd have had time rewritten in Endgame so that Thanos never snapped in the first place. The fact they didn't undo the last five years suggests that they do want to explore consequences and stick to the new status quo. Maybe not to the hard sci edge some of y'all are clamouring for, but still.

Yea, I don't understand this (line of thinking you quoted), agree with you.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I'm saving this comment for when the season ends with Wanda forgiven. This is the MCU where Loki, a mass murderer, was forgiven and is getting his own show. Bucky was forgiven. Valkryie, a fucking slaver, was forgiven. And Wanda started as a villain. This show is not a deconstruction of heroes.

Loki - banned from Earth by all major governments and the Sorcerer Supreme. Dies after trying to kill the guy who killed half his people escaping from his sister that he helped set free by imprisoning Odin on Earth. Remembered fondly by Thor. Back as an alternate universe version who never had the character arc of "our" Loki.

Bucky - spent months in hiding after WS, framed for a terrorist attack, protected by Cap which immediately makes Cap an international fugitive, spends years in exile in Wakanda. Got blinked, fought in Endgame battle, unknown status in new show.

Valkryie - no one on earth (or Asgard) knows what she is except for Thor, who has given up on life.

I think you're mistaking Cap and Thor being morally grey with their friends vs the actual in-universe consequences for these characters.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The Avengers forever altered the timelines they visited (hence the Loki TV show) , and Steve lived to old age in one which he no doubt changed beyond recognition. They give no shits lol.

The mind stone/ time stone time-line is changed because Loki escaped with the mind stone.

The power stone/ soul stone time-line is altered because Young thanos got wiped from existence.

The ether-timeline is probably relatively unchanged.

Whether or not Steve altered mind stone 2 time-line beyond recognition depends on if Mainline Carter's husband was secretly Steve from the future all along. We don't know.

Anyway, I think they do give a shit because they tried NOT to alter the time-lines. But they failed. I'm guessing they pay for this failure in upcoming stories and aren't in a hurry to go messing stuff up again. Also there's nothing the avengers machine can do for people in the maintimeline.

Last edited:

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, they've hadwaved all the *logical* consequences, is my point. You all are trying to real-world argue how Wanda will be treated by the world, but that isn't on the table when the writers aren't real-worlding the snap at all. They wanted *some* consequences and to avoid the "reset it all" trope, but they didn't commit to anything that has any internal logic at all. Likewise, they will decide what they want to happen with Wanda and work backwards from there.

(BTW, saying that halving the population, then doubling it 5 years later would seriously knock down society is not "hard sci fi" in the slightest.)

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I agree with WInny pretty much all the Avengers are going to be made into "villains" or fugitives following the de-snappening, hence the need for Thunderbolts. Ross is gonna be building his own Anti-Avengers hit squad to deliver justice...like lightning!

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
But that's in-universe politics specific, there's certainly gonna be more to it with regards to Wanda personally facing consequences or having to deal with what she's done here. The whole point of this series is that she can't just walk away from it all.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
lol no of course not. My point is that a lot of people are captivated by the show and genuinely are anticipating to find out more about the strings being pulled by the show, like for instance the origins of Evan Peter's Quicksilver presence there.

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speculations videos about WV are a HUGE thing on tiktok

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Wanda was driving around in her Buick and could just casually stroll into a government building, she was clearly no longer a fugitive after Endgame.

Kinda hoping the Falcon & Bucky show will clarify what the deal is with the Accords in this new world.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
But that's in-universe politics specific, there's certainly gonna be more to it with regards to Wanda personally facing consequences or having to deal with what she's done here. The whole point of this series is that she can't just walk away from it all.

Maybe she does walk away... Into the multiverse.

I do like how this event lays the foundations that beings like her are dangerous and sets up the whole Human Vs Mutants/Superhumans civil rights storyline.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The mind stone/ time stone time-line is changed because Loki escaped with the mind stone.

The power stone/ soul stone time-line is altered because Young thanos got wiped from existence.

The ether-timeline is probably relatively unchanged.

Whether or not Steve altered mind stone 2 time-line beyond recognition depends on if Mainline Carter's husband was secretly Steve from the future all along. We don't know.

Anyway, I think they do give a shit because they tried NOT to alter the time-line. But they failed. I'm guessing they pay for this failure and aren't in a hurry to go messing stuff up again.

The Russos recently confirmed that Steve lived in a new timeline to old age. And there's no way Steve just sat indoors on his ass in that timeline. He would have saved Bucky and changed history completely with Peggy.

So in a sense, no, they don't give a shit about other timelines changing, as we've pointed out, they've done it several times already. (butterfly effect, every time they visit another time, they irrevocably change it, alt-Cap now knows Bucky is alive, etc). So back to my original point: their time machine is OP and can be used to solve many problems, even if they can't actually change their own timeline. They can bring people and objects across and view scenes they couldn't in their own time.

Related: if an Avenger wanted to find out how Wanda ended up at Westview, just go back in time and stalk her. Lazy writing, but technically possible. I hope the Avengers lose the time machine (or Dr Doom/Reed gets it)

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, Wanda was a fugitive in Infinity War. We know the Sokovia Accords are still a thing after the blip but are there still warrants for Falcon and Wanda?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'd honestly laugh if Wanda never took down the Hex at all so that Vision could continue living there and simply stopped controlling everyone's lives, letting them come and go as they please in a town Wanda definitely at least fully renovated.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
"But what is greif, if no love persevering?"

that is such an amazing line. Actually made me stop for a minute and think.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly laugh if Wanda never took down the Hex at all so that Vision could continue living there and simply stopped controlling everyone's lives, letting them come and go as they please in a town Wanda definitely at least fully renovated.

I kinda like this outcome myself, even though it has issues.

I can't think of any outcomes that I don't find problematic in some way, but then again, I have a limited imagination compared to the people who work on the show. I hope they thread the needle. Not a fan anymore of "powerful woman goes crazy" after it's been done so many times in comics, but I also don't want Wanda stripped of agency. And I don't want them to handwave too much-- although if they do, MCU Pleasantville is not a bad outcome.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It seems like the logical endpoint. But it also seems really fast. I feel like White Vision might be around for a bit, not just one episode, but maybe I'm wrong (as in continues on after the show). With all that is going on in the episode you can't even develop the character, he's just a monster to defeat. Which whatever, I guess they can do that.
I'm hoping that after Hayward boots up White Vision, he has all his memories and personality like nothing happened. He goes "thanks for the makeover" and flies into Westview to help Wanda.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
"Please help me. What day is it? How long has it been? Where's my phone? I have to call my sister. She's taking care of our dad, he's sick! Where's my phone!? You have to stop her! She's in my head...none of it is my own. It hurts. It hurts so much. Just make her stop!"

But yeah, sure, let's allow Wanda to get off scot free.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Wanda: "I don't know how I did it. I only remember feeling completely alone. Empty. Endless nothingness."

Also Wanda: Leave me alone to my fantasy or I'll kill all of you.

Also the show: "It was Agatha all along!"

The dunking on Mephisto theorizing is a bit disingenuous considering both the entire MCU has trained their audiences to think this way and the show refuses to commit to this all being Wanda's trauma and an examination of it.
But it wasn't really Agatha all along, nor Mephisto.

Agatha only really seems responsible for Fietro all along and some prodding of Wanda. From what we have been presented, it was Wanda all along.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, Wanda was a fugitive in Infinity War. We know the Sokovia Accords are still a thing after the blip but are there still warrants for Falcon and Wanda?

They're a thing but not really in a meaningful way, else cap, widow, etc. Would not have been hanging around one of Tony's avengers facilities instead of being in hiding.

Dec 11, 2017
I really appreciate the attention to detail of having Westview look run down due to half the population being gone for five years, much like what Scott Lang saw when he returned. I expected a lot of "blip" repercussions would have been overlooked in these post-Endgame projects.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

I imagine they all exist in some sort of grey area for the moment - the government may not be actively pursuing them in the immediate wake of the battle with Thanos, but they'll try to find reasons to go after them again. Reasons like, what Wanda did here. Or Falcon refusing to give the shield back to the government.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with WInny pretty much all the Avengers are going to be made into "villains" or fugitives following the de-snappening, hence the need for Thunderbolts. Ross is gonna be building his own Anti-Avengers hit squad to deliver justice...like lightning!

They haven't been doing a good job so far if this is the case. in Far From Home there is zero fuck given about the snap and it's consequences outside of jokes (he isn't old enough to drink he was blipped lololol). Other Avengers are simply mentioned as being busy (like CM). Spiderman being on the run at the end is linked to the plot of the movie and not the snap at all. Maybe it will change but my guess is pretty much "anything goes" writing wise if the power that be decides it so.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I imagine they all exist in some sort of grey area for the moment - the government may not be actively pursuing them in the immediate wake of the battle with Thanos, but they'll try to find reasons to go after them again. Reasons like, what Wanda did here. Or Falcon refusing to give the shield back to the government.

Pretty much. I mean SWORD tried to kill Wanda, and is framing her for stealing Vision's body.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Smh, the smirk Hayward has on his face as he tells Wanda she can't leave with Vision just before she breaks the glass.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Season 2 of Wandavision is Wanda sitting heavily sedated in a straight jacket in the Raft for 6 hours then end with Vision's decommissioned corpse in storage in a post-credit scene so we can explore the real punitive consequences of this fictional world.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Hayward is surrounded by a bunch of people in that post-credit scene, who all seem totally fine with his lie that Wanda stole Vision's body. How many people are in on this hairbrained scheme?

Jul 10, 2020
The Russos recently confirmed that Steve lived in a new timeline to old age. And there's no way Steve just sat indoors on his ass in that timeline. He would have saved Bucky and changed history completely with Peggy.

So in a sense, no, they don't give a shit about other timelines changing, as we've pointed out, they've done it several times already. (butterfly effect, every time they visit another time, they irrevocably change it, alt-Cap now knows Bucky is alive, etc). So back to my original point: their time machine is OP and can be used to solve many problems, even if they can't actually change their own timeline. They can bring people and objects across and view scenes they couldn't in their own time.

Related: if an Avenger wanted to find out how Wanda ended up at Westview, just go back in time and stalk her. Lazy writing, but technically possible. I hope the Avengers lose the time machine (or Dr Doom/Reed gets it)

But wait, if Cap went back in time and lived in a new timeline, that means the timeline he was in wouldn't exist anymore, so how could he possibly be there to great the Avengers as an old-man if that timeline never existed? Because of all the possible timelines that Strange saw, that was the only one in which the Avengers won, so by going back and living with Peggy in the past, the means he was never there to help stop Thanos, let alone Loki's invasion of New York during Avengers 1, so therefore Old Man Cap shouldn't exist as there would been no Captain America in the new timeline to help stop Loki, which meant Loki would have controlled Earth and handed the Mind Stone over to Thanos to complete the Infinty Gaunlet meaning that - -- -

fDLfM20.gif

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Except they pick and choose who was affected and to what extent. Some characters have essentially been able to carry on business as usual.

They seem to have left it open to whether the creative team for an individual project wants to explore the consequences or not.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
They haven't been doing a good job so far if this is the case. in Far From Home there is zero fuck given about the snap and it's consequences outside of jokes (he isn't old enough to drink he was blipped lololol). Other Avengers are simply mentioned as being busy (like CM). Spiderman being on the run at the end is linked to the plot of the movie and not the snap at all. Maybe it will change but my guess is pretty much "anything goes" writing wise if the power that be decides it so.

Tone is all over the place in each MCU entry, because they're films both distinct and part of the larger tapestry of story. FFH centers on a 16 year old and as such is "lighter" in mood. It's also potentially connective tissue with this show, DS2, etc