• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I can get behind unlocked ancestral witch powers(?), but was Pietro related to a clan of really fast runners or something?

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
olsenbettany.gif

their chemistry is just wholesome

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wanda always had her witch powers, because she was born as a Being Of Great Destiny and would inevitably become the Scarlet Witch. The Mind Stone may or may not be a cause of that in a weird cosmic way, or helped unlock those inborn talents, or whatever.

Pietro has powers because he was wildly irradiated with cosmic energy and, against all odds, survived - you know, the Marvel special. Is the fact that Wanda is capable of unconscious probability manipulation related to that fact? Probably.

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
Only if you consider being a born magician to be a mutant. That would make Agatha's coven mutants as well.

I think that, as with many things in the MCU, they wont' give a straight answer untill they really need to. So in the future they can say they are both mutants (and adopted of course, because we all know who the real father is)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wanda always had her witch powers, because she was born as a Being Of Great Destiny and would inevitably become the Scarlet Witch. The Mind Stone may or may not be a cause of that in a weird cosmic way, or helped unlock those inborn talents, or whatever.

Pietro has powers because he was wildly irradiated with cosmic energy and, against all odds, survived - you know, the Marvel special. Is the fact that Wanda is capable of unconscious probability manipulation related to that fact? Probably.
Yeah I'd say he was protected/impowered by Wanda.... which is also why I think the new mystery guy may get to keep the speedster powers

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I'm leaning torwards Wanda probability-hexed the stone to not kill her brother and then he got powers because that's what marvel radiation does.
But
There is no confirmation and I don't think ever will be and that kind of sucks.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Bets on whether Agatha survives Episode 9?

I think she will because we don't know what the dark power from Salem is and there's not time to get into that now, so she's going to live and this dark magic will come up again down the line.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Is Vision from the comics short lived as in he dies somewhere down the path or is this a movie interpretation only?

After watching Wandavision, I wish he and Wanda were still around as avengers.

It's sad to think back before End game, I really didn't care for these 2 characters. I didn't even remember how Vision came to be or why he is around the avengers. Age of Ultron was mostly ok but nothing amazing when I first saw it. I'm going to have to rewatch it.

The only time I really liked Wanda when she kicked Thanos' ass. That one scene blew me away. It was so satisfying!

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
I not only think she will survive, I think she will help out during the confrontation against Hayward.
Also, I'll go one further.
That rabbit is turning into a black panther during some point of that episode.

Ebony-Marvel.jpg

I'm still going with the rabbit eats a bird because it is actually her black cat, ebony.
And then it will go from cat to panther to eat some SWORD goon.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
So I'm not really sure why Agatha is evil with her origin story. And the declaration from this episode is that Agatha thinks Wanda is very dangerous. So who is Agatha trying to protect from Wanda, exactly?

I get the jealousy part I suppose, but Agatha hasn't really made her intentions clear — does she want to have her own sitcom town or what?

This was an interesting episode from a character building standpoint, but I still feel lost with the overarching point of the show.

Also I'm guessing the rabbit she was petting is the big bad in familiar form

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My laughing moments about the mutant theory.

So you can't accept that there is magical heredity, stuff beaten into us with movies like The Craft, Charmed, Sabrina, Practical Magic, The Witches, Harry Potter etc.

And as a hereditary magic user who then used her magical powers to protect her brother and help give him enhanced powers.

But you can accept that I guy who had magnetism powers, had children and those children could control probably and another who can move at super speed. That makes perfect sense.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I think she will because we don't know what the dark power from Salem is and there's not time to get into that now, so she's going to live and this dark magic will come up again down the line.
Whoever corrupted her powers could be the big bad of MOM so I see her sticking around

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
XMen live on Graymalkin Lane

The witch in Macbeth turned into a graymalkin (witch familiar)

checkmate.

Graymalkin Lane is an actual street in actual Westchester, NY. And so is Salem Center.

Chris Claremont was from New York and picked streets and names he knew.

He wanted to give a sense of realness to the Xavier School so it felt like a real place in the real world.

In reality nothing is their but some barns and farms.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Graymalkin Lane is an actual street in actual Westchester, NY. And so is Salem Center.

Chris Claremont was from New York and picked streets and names he knew.

He wanted to give a sense of realness to the Xavier School so it felt like a real place in the real world.

In reality nothing is their but some barns and farms.

Or so the holograms want you to think

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
But you can accept that I guy who had magnetism powers, had children and those children could control probably and another who can move at super speed. That makes perfect sense.

Listen I just want Evan Peters to remain is all as QS.

Don't even make em a mutant just lemme keep my boi.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

She escapes once Doctor Strange shows up and Mordo kills her during the mid credit scene.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I don't know what would be a good outcome with Evan Peters. I think whether he was Fox Quicksilver or another character, they waited too long for the reveal to make a difference in the story. It will all feel shoehorned in at this point, but having him from the multiverse would be decidedly more forced.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
What if we get Ian McKellen Magneto in episode 9 asking Wanda to create mutants but then in Strange 2 we find out Magneto was actually Mephisto

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure how you can make a series that's all about a woman processing her grief and letting go of denial and then have the ending be, just kidding, your denial works, he's back!
As much as it sucks having Wanda have more tragedy and replay losing Vision again in some way, thematically it makes no sense for her to get a perfect happy ending. That whole scene with Monica confronting Wanda to tell her how she embraces her grief as her truth that makes her who she is is the theme that Wanda will ultimately have to confront. She basically told her own kids that they can't just wish someone back to life and they can't run from the pain. Deep down she knows it's the wrong way to cope, even if she wasn't fully aware that she was the one that did it.

It likely won't all be tragedy, it will just be bittersweet with Wanda keeping her kids and losing Vision or losing her Hex Vision and getting Ghost Vision, but whatever she ends up losing she will have gained in some way by gaining emotional awareness or still having gained a family or maybe having actually helped the people of Westview.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
That whole scene with Monica confronting Wanda to tell her how she embraces her grief as her truth that makes her who she is is the theme that Wanda will ultimately have to confront.

Exactly. And the whole scene with Vision about how grief isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's part of love. I don't see how someone could watch those two scenes and think "yup, Wanda is going to get to live with the imaginary Vision she created forever!"

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Oh a troll... a troll could be behind this

But what if in Strange 2 the troll turns out to be Mephisto?
And Mephisto creates mutants, but the mutants solely consist of Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Michael Fassbender, Jame McAvoy, and Ryan Reynolds a checked out Jennifer Lawrence and Ryan Reynolds without a mouth cloned for every single role and we exist in a multiverse where we are trapped watching them make sequels for another 20 years.