• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone have any idea as to what exactly happened to Agatha in Salem ?
What could possibly lead her witches sisters to wanna straight up annihilate her like that ? She even begged and cried in front of her mother who still felt obligated to try to kill her, even after witnessing what happened to her fellow witches.
What did Agatha do or was done to her for this to happen ?
All we really need to know is "dark magic." Like any "forbidden fruit" story, she was shunned and punished for reaching at knowledge she wasn't supposed to.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
What could possibly lead her witches sisters to wanna straight up annihilate her like that ? She even begged and cried in front of her mother who still felt obligated to try to kill her, even after witnessing what happened to her fellow witches.
I think she was using magic that was too evil, even for them. Like Qyburn in Game of Thrones

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Last episode better be an hour plus long!! They have a lot left to answer and we need a long satisfying battle too!

I dont want this to end!

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming it links remotely up to real history, her doing magic in Salem in 1693 likely led to 25 innocent people dying in the Salem witch trials.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
They probably only recovered his body recently. I don't think Stark or the rest of the Avengers would have just left his body to the government.

I don't think Stark had anything to do with the Avengers during the time skip, and Vision had abandoned the team for some months prior to Infinity War to be with fugitive Wanda. Issue of "ownership" was murky at best.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to know what exactly the witches were into back in Salem. Like, are these Satan (or I guess Mephisto) worshipping, baby-eating, curse-casting witches? Are they the more "local medicine women that get a bad rap" type? Just a school of magic, like the Ancient One's over in Nepal?

Wouldn't mind a solo Scarlet Witch series down the line that deals more explicitly with that sort of thing.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, Fietro is totally a magic construct.

Agatha doesn't call it a crystalline possession. Listen to it again, she doesn't pronounce it anywhere close. She calls it a crystallum possession.

"Crystallum" is Latin for either a crystal, a thing made of crystal, or a gem or stone resembling crystal. Fitting considering all of her spells are in Latin.

Fietro is a meat puppet that Agatha conjured up and is semi-possessing to control as "her eyes and ears." He looks like Evan Peters because Agatha admits it takes years to get illusions right and most likely screwed up, but because Wanda's a wreck she got away with it.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why did Wakanda just give up his body? sounds like a plothole to me.

Maybe someone vouched for SWORD as being trustworthy. (By the end of Infinity War, Maria Rambeau was still alive and presumably, still in charge. It was assumed by the snap that she had beaten her cancer)

Though question is, who? After the events of Winter Soldier, I doubt Steve would have (even if he would have, he was still a fugitive so wouldn't have been listened to).

Maybe Tony? Or if the jurisdiction fell to whoever was in charge of Wakanda after T'challa died (since it was Wankandan soil + a vibranium body) the person in charge let SWORD/America have his body in a misguided attempt to follow T'challa's ideals of opening relations between Wakanda and the rest of the world.

Either way, I feel like Marvel might consider it too small a detail to mention.

May 18, 2018
Considering she made everything within the hex and altered the people in it, I feel like Vision and kids aren't going to survive this since they aren't really "real".

I hope we do conformation about Pietro being from the Fox-verse and that Wanda could be a mutant.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The magic was in her the whole time! Man I love this show.
Hopefully Loki has a role in Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness as well. I had heard that his show will tie in somehow? I really need the magical trio together wrecking shit

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Guys, Fietro is totally a magic construct.

Agatha doesn't call it a crystalline possession. Listen to it again, she doesn't pronounce it anywhere close. She calls it a crystallum possession.

"Crystallum" is Latin for either a crystal, a thing made of crystal, or a gem or stone resembling crystal. Fitting considering all of her spells are in Latin.

Fietro is a meat puppet that Agatha conjured up and is semi-possessing to control as "her eyes and ears." He looks like Evan Peters because Agatha admits it takes years to get illusions right and most likely screwed up, but because Wanda's a wreck she got away with it.

Nope.

She says "crystalline."

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Put me in the camp of "Director Asshole lied about Wanda stealing Vision and is using it as pretense to fuck shit up"

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

You bought Agatha's act. The begging and crying was BS just like her claiming innocence at the start. That scene shows that Agatha was power hungry even then and was practicing magic deemed too advanced for her as well as forbidden magic.

They could certainly tell a story about the specifics, and there's nothing wrong with your curiosity. But there's no question in my mind that she crossed lines she should never have crossed. That's cemented by the ease at which she kills her entire coven and then what she does in the "current" time to Wanda.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I feel like there is still a Pietro-sized hole in the fact that if Wanda was always meant to have some sort of magical powers, was Pietro just always supposed to be a speedy boy?

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Pretty wild that it's taken 8 episodes to get to what I assumed was the premise of the show when it was first announced. Not expecting a whole lot from the final episode. It's been a real drag up to this point.

Oct 25, 2017
white vision is pretty darn cool lookin
great details

5dozORa.png

Fun detail I didn't notice much while watching the episode is that after knocking away the intense blue lighting to try and see true color a bit more, I can see that the reassembled vision still had some face color before activation. Before the little energy sparkles make it up to the head, it's still a little pinkish or purplish
but the color drains away as it powers up, and then it looks like the picture above

0Y9r5aF.png

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Last episode better be an hour plus long!! They have a lot left to answer and we need a long satisfying battle too!

I dont want this to end!
Yeah there really needs to be two hours at this point. I already know that the next episode is going to be disappointing on some level for me. there is just too much to cover, or, too much will just be glossed over for some "big reveal" moments and the potential for answers in future projects.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to figure out how if Wanda made Vision from nothing how he could have his own consciousness and powers. And I'm still confused about about Quicksilver from Fox's universe showing up unless it really was just fanservice after all.

But White Vision being there makes me miss the fact that Hank Pym's Ant Man wasn't made as one of the focal points in the MCU.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Is it really necessary to rename this thread like 5 fucking minutes after the episode has dropped? I knew this entire time to expect some kind of reveal around the Scarlet Witch name because of the thread title.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Subtitles said Crystalline
She pronounces it wacky then. :P

Fuckin' weird then. She not only drags out the pronunciation but beats right before saying "possession." She does that with every other Latin spell in the scene so it's only logical she's also saying a Latin spell there. The fuck is a crystalline possession, anyway? Regular possession not pretty enough or something?

Anyway still thinking its a construct, the wording sounds bizarre for her just to be puppeting some schmoe and nothing so far suggests she's powerful enough to be plucking from the multiverse as opposed to Wanda. But we'll see I guess.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fox's Quicksilver actor and character. What is confusing here?

That he's not actually that character?

Half this episode goes to show that Agatha is not some reality warping power, she's extremely petty and jealous of Wanda, and she claims responsibility for Pietro

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Hex Vision has his heart and his personnality, but not his physical memories or.. well.. an actual physical body.
White Vision has his body and most likely his memories too, but not his heart or personnality.

Can't we just..
2a48352d84f7e8613f54163119c89b85.jpg

?

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
The fact that Wanda created this was heavily implied at multiple points throughout the series. It wasn't like it took eight episodes to get there. This episode simply told us the details of how she did it.
Obviously? Episode 4 ends with a character saying "It's all Wanda" in one of the worst reveals of all time, since everyone figured that out when the show was announced.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Is it really necessary to rename this thread like 5 fucking minutes after the episode has dropped? I knew this entire time to expect some kind of reveal around the Scarlet Witch name because of the thread title.
Gotta second this. Like not a huge deal but maybe wait a couple days at least?

Anyway great episode. I expected Strange to show up here, next episode is going to be huge.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm trying to figure out how if Wanda made Vision from nothing how he could have his own consciousness and powers. And I'm still confused about about Quicksilver from Fox's universe showing up unless it really was just fanservice after all.

But White Vision being there makes me miss the fact that Hank Pym's Ant Man wasn't made as one of the focal points in the MCU.
I think mirage Vision is more or less real, at least in any way that we understand real. He was made from Wanda's memories. I think of him as a kind of clone with memories implanted. He's missing a lot of information but he's capable of arriving at the same kind of logical conclusions which makes him a lot like the real article. He's likely more Wanda though than Vision. But, I think the two were a lot alike to begin with and the real Vision also had a profound impact on Wanda, which is why it's hard to tell the difference. A part of Vision will always be in Wanda.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Feitro is going to be Jimmy Woo's informant bank on it. He may have ties to Hydra or even be a superhero/villian, or he could just be an accountant to the cartels or something. But I bet he's just a cheeky nod to we have the Fox universe now too from Disney.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
That he's not actually that character?

Half this episode goes to show that Agatha is not some reality warping power, she's extremely petty and jealous of Wanda, and she claims responsibility for Pietro
All she said was that he wasn't her Brother, more or less. She didn't clarify who exactly he is or how he came about. She literally showed she has the power to warp reality when she turned an insect into a bird. Nevermind that it's obvious she is messing around with the Nexus, that was literally name dropped.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Feitro is going to be Jimmy Woo's informant bank on it. He may have ties to Hydra or even be a superhero/villian, or he could just be an accountant to the cartels or something. But I bet he's just a cheeky nod to we have the Fox universe now too from Disney.
And now he has speedster powers and becomes either Whizzer or Speed Demon. I think he could be on the good side in the finale if Vision reaches him quick enough. Or if Monica uses her powers to knock sense into him