• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at runtime*

45 mins? lets goooo

*90% of the episode is flashbacks*

giphy.gif

okay....but seriously now
They aren't "flashbacks" like a clip show. It's all new scenes.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait does the Wanda resurrected vision has a infinity stone on his head or nah ? Because of he does... she can materialize infinity stones 🤔

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Hayward say that Wanda had stolen Vision? Either he has Vision's original body and maybe even planned this whole thing?

I know it's probably been said countless times now, buy could he be Mephisto? Or is he just using this to steal billions in vibranium?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Didn't Hayward say that Wanda had stolen Vision? Either he has Vision's original body and maybe even planned this whole thing?

I know it's probably been said countless times now, buy could he be Mephisto? Or is he just using this to steal billions in vibranium?
It was a lie he told Monica because she didn't trust him

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it was Mr Scratch all along

I could see it being Vision 2.0(I mean heck it already is, the hex Vision is her memories of his personality, he doesn't actually remember anything that defined him pre hex). So he's going to be different on that basis alone
yeah that's the wrinkle that makes me think this may end more sad than happy
since magic vision was never really the original it's basically a painting from memory
but i am excited to find out next week either way
they could always pull something out of their butts, like somehow restoring some of his original memory from what remains in his OG body or something like that, then it would kinda still be him and magic vision could fill in the rest

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
So what is the endgame (ehhhh) of this whole setup? Villain a year, one and done, a daring escape?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
yeah that's the wrinkle that makes me think this may end more sad than happy
since magic vision was never really the original
but i am excited to find out next week either way
they could always pull something out of their butts, like somehow restoring some of his original memory from what remains in his OG body or something like that, then it would kinda still be him and magic vision could fill in the rest

They've already taken steps to set this up. Banner specifically stated that Vision isnt just the Mind Stone. Wanda's magic Vision could help fill in the gaps left behind and he could become himself again if he somehow manages to merge with his original body

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's really obvious what happened

Wanda was grieving, for the 3rd time in recent memory, after having been "dead" for 5 years to boot.

She was holding on and seeking closure and had she been able to properly take Vision's body and bury it, she'd have been ok

But Hayward showing Vision cut apart and being mutilated, completely unraveled her psyche, all the trauma: her parents, her brother , Vision... all that grief took over and the final straw was the deed to the house, that promise, that dream, of a normal life with the love of her life. So in that empty shell of a dream, her grief manifested through her chaos magic.

She's not being controlled but she's not malevolent either
It's this.👆

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So Wanda always had her powers, the gem just enhanced them.

Mutaaaaant.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Man these reveals were pretty lame.

1) So Wanda was apparently special all along and had magic powers since she was a kid. Even though Agatha and Doctor Strange specifically explain you need to learn magic to use it.

2) Hydra's experimentation was to lock people in a room and make them touch the mind stone, which apparently killed them all (except for Wanda and Pietro)? Meanwhile, multiple people make direct contact with the mind stone when Loki stabs them with it to mind control them in Avengers and nothing happened to them.

3) The mind stone just straight up gives Wanda her scarlet witch powers. Like she literally just looks at the stone and then gets some abilities. At least with Captain Marvel there was an explosion involved with the Tesseract.

4) Why does every Earth magician make Loki look like a scrub? Apparently mind control is a super easy spell but Loki needed the scepter to get some minions on Earth.
4 is just classic power creep, happens to every long running franchise, Thor in Infinity War & Captain Marvel might as well be DBZ characters.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wanda was grieving, for the 3rd time in recent memory, after having been "dead" for 5 years to boot.

She was holding on and seeking closure and had she been able to properly take Vision's body and bury it, she'd have been ok

But Hayward showing Vision cut apart and being mutilated, completely unraveled her psyche, all the trauma: her parents, her brother , Vision... all that grief took over and the final straw was the deed to the house, that promise, that dream, of a normal life with the love of her life. So in that empty shell of a dream, her grief manifested through her chaos magic.

But who dropped the invite for Jersey though. I still think someone is pulling her strings.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
What's weird to me is kinda invalidated the whole "Agatha all Along" song. At most, Agatha was attracted to the magic and came to try and get that power herself. Aside from trying to manipulate Wanda's emotions a few times she really didn't cause any of the trouble in Westview. I'm even not sure we can really call her a true villain.

Every time the illusion destabilized is because of Agatha.

That's what the song means

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
But who dropped the invite for Jersey though. I still think someone is pulling her strings.
It wasn't an invite. It was literally something given to her by Vision. When she looks at it she doesn't look shocked our intrigued where it came from. She looked at the already open envelope and took out the deed.

She had obviously already had opened it and read it before going to SWORD.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

it's even worse because he was doing all that just to see if she could get vision back online

dude's the fucking worst, I hope jimmy gets to spit on him or something

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it'll happen, and it would probably end up looking really silly anyway, but I would geek out so hard if White Vision started talking and James Spader's voice came out.

I think I would literally scream WHAT???

Mutaaaaant.

I didnt think this, but knowing the infinity stone just enhanced her powers....she is seriously OP.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
He couldn't just come out and say "I'm screwing with Wanda so she'll sprinkle some autobot pixie dust on her ex who we've spent 5 years trying to reactivate with fuck all to show for it."
They probably only recovered his body recently. I don't think Stark or the rest of the Avengers would have just left his body to the government.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
People would be sick if Bettany was trolling with that and talking about himself lmao

I'm leaning towards this now
Bettany seems like the kind of guy who makes that joke but he's been in the MCU long enough to know it would make a lot of people really angry.

He's even said they had great chemistry on set lol

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
I just realised we are all deceived by Hayward, not one single soul in here are not.
Wanda did not take Vision's body after all.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's time for some bets

I'm willing to bet the word Mutant will be said next week.

any takers ?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

Mutaaaaant.
As I said earlier in the thread, natural inclinations toward magic aren't mutant specific. Storm has the same affinity independent of her mutant powers.

Now, Wanda could still be a mutant and her energy manipulation powers make it easier for her to just use magic could happen, but there's no specific mutant power for magic.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Does anyone have any idea as to what exactly happened to Agatha in Salem ?
What could possibly lead her witches sisters to wanna straight up annihilate her like that ? She even begged and cried in front of her mother who still felt obligated to try to kill her, even after witnessing what happened to her fellow witches.
What did Agatha do or was done to her for this to happen ?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
We are gonna need some sort of flashback episode showing what led up to Wanda doing this in the first place. I assume we will see the episode from her point of view when she stole Vision and conspired with whoever is actually controlling this anomaly.

I gotta say though, if it really is some big bad like Mephisto pulling the strings behind the scenes, theyre kind running out of time to introduce that to us. That really isnt something you can just throw in during ep 9 without any sort of explanation or build up. We gotta get another Info Dump episode that builds that up first.

Quoting myself from a while ago. Just saying, I nailed it.