• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Alright, yeah, that was easily the worst episode by a country mile. Just exposition dumps and the least exciting of the potential reveals confirmed at every step. Just outright bad, honestly. First real miss the show has had, but damn, what a fucking miss.

The after-credits scene was better than the entire rest of the episode, white Vision is hype.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
hesaid.jpg

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
And brahs, I'm gonna fight whoever is saying this was a bad episode and just exposition. We got 30 minutes of sadness and trauma.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I really wasn't expecting a DBZ beam struggle in 17th century Salem, but why not - not the first thing I didn't expect about this show.

I thought once the flashbacks started it was really good stuff. Especially from Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, as usual. Her story was already brutally sad but to see it and have great actors make you care about it, is something else. WandaVision is the kind of sequel story that retroactively improves every other thing with Wanda and Vision.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't really care for this episode and the way it took the show, which is the most predicted way I have seen posted everywhere. Disappointed that it was seemingly all wandas doing. Disappointed it looks like it will end with a basic good vs evil fight. Hopefully the last episode takes a swerve. after credits was cool I guess.

Arkaine

Oct 30, 2017
Oh no the show didn't do what i wanted it to do! I know, let's write a post saying this was a bad episode!

And brahs, I'm gonna fight whoever is saying this was a bad episode and just exposition. We got 30 minutes of sadness and trauma.

QFT. She did it with chaos magic. But where did the chaos magic come from?

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah that was a good episode. A lot of the "exposition" was the type of fleshing out i wanted for this character since their debut

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Alright, yeah, that was easily the worst episode by a country mile. Just exposition dumps and the least exciting of the potential reveals confirmed at every step. Just outright bad, honestly. First real miss the show has had, but damn, what a fucking miss.

The after-credits scene was better than the entire rest of the episode, white Vision is hype.
The episode was an exploration of her trauma to show us the events that eventually lead to everything that's happened in the show. Sorry that the show just shot down all the Mephisto theories

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Literally, I'm ready to throw down lol

That was probably one of the most powerful episodes. It helps sell the Vision/Wanda relationship (which always felt a little bit rushed) and built more sympathy for Wanda as a character.

So you'd rather see "Ooh cool comic reference" rather than actual character development?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Lmao, I was thinking last week of how cool if sword was making a vision, that it being white would be a nice nod, and here it is. XD

Kind of okay episode otherwise through, but I think the final episode is going to be really heartbreaking. :(

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
pretty hard-hitting development through flashback aside, I'm not sure how to feel for this episode being the penultimate one; the chances of a third-party like nightmare or mephisto have surprisingly dropped significantly (but still entirely possible) but it does seem like we're able to get Vision back by chaos-magic fuckery as long as white vision is disabled; predict the kids will be lost, leading Wanda to try to get them back in Doctor Strange?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Like last week, the best things here were the name and image drops. "Chaos magic," "Scarlet Witch," white Vision. Unlike last week, everything surrounding it was so hamfisted.

JTripper

Nov 1, 2017
Hate to be a hater but that was the least interesting and most conventional way they could've conveyed her trauma. Fietro got me triggered too! aarghhhhh glad there's only one episode left cause I'm ready to move on to freaky Doc Strange shit. Scarlet Witch drop and White Vision dope tho

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I really appreciated was the fleshing out of Wanda's backstory. It occurred to me that we've been "told" her backstory but never seen it. It's powerful to see it this way and to watch everything unfold, I'm so thankful they did a great job with it.

Also shout out to the best Dick Van Dyke episode, gotta love the walnuts!

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017

Yup.

Pretty much every acting decision made by Hanh was incorrect every step of the way.

Her working was pretty much essential to gluing together the mess of exposition most of the scenes were supposed to be.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really appreciated was the fleshing out of Wanda's backstory. It occurred to me that we've been "told" her backstory but never seen it. It's powerful to see it this way and to watch everything unfold, I'm so thankful they did a great job with it.

Also shout out to the best Dick Van Dyke episode, gotta love the walnuts!
For sure, Wanda has a lot of trauma that the movies have touched on, but it's legitimately heartbreaking and only increased after Endgame, they'd be crazy not to explore that and make it a great arc

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Yellow magic, you're on the sorcerer supreme gang
Red magic, and you're a legendary chaos witch superpowered by an infinity stone
Blue magic, and you're a regular witch
Purple magic -- ?

I am guessing also that each color is a different dimension/entity you are drawing your powers from?

Yellow = Vishanti
Red = Chton
Blue = Hecathe?
Purple = ?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wanda is op, like damn gurl!!! Also this totally means that Wanda and Pietro were mutants right?

It means she's a wizard harry.

Mutant powers come out a puberty, we see her involuntarily casting magic and like what, 7 or 8 years old in this episode.

It could be saying she is a wizard AND a mutant but don't think we get any real confirmation of this.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I see we've gotten to the point of the mystery show where people are lowkey mad their preferred solution isn't the real one and are conveying their disappointment through wack tradecraft criticism.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the episode a lot. This is by far the best job they've done developing the actual relationship between Wanda and Vision. The scene on the bed in the Avengers facility is the most they've ever felt like two people who care about each other.

May 9, 2019
How was this a bad episode? This is the first time we ever got to sit down and LEARN about Wanda. We finally get to see actual development between Wanda and Vision that was given to us offscreen between movies.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The episode was an exploration of her trauma to show us the events that eventually lead to everything that's happened in the show. Sorry that the show just shot down all the Mephisto theories
Exposition isn't a crime. Clunky exposition is. Walking us through the big beats of Wanda's trauma is a fine concept, but having Agatha literally repeat what we just saw after every scene completely softens the impact that those scenes may have had. When the episode wasn't sloppily serving up the exposition, the only forward progression we had came from the after-credits scene and a villain monologue from Agatha. It just wasn't handled well, and this is the first time that the show has veered away from its elusive, subtle storytelling techniques to blow it all on an information dump. Again, not exactly laudable. By the way, I'm not #TeamMephisto, so ya missed there.
So you'd rather see "Ooh cool comic reference" rather than actual character development?
See above.
I see we've gotten to the point of the mystery show where people are lowkey mad their preferred solution isn't the real one and are conveying their disappointment through wack tradecraft criticism.
Look, people are going to love an episode, people are going to dislike an episode, and no opinion is right or wrong. If you liked this, great. I didn't, and I have my reasons. Let's not get childish and start slinging shit at people trying to invalidate their criticisms, yeah?

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking agreed. This was basically necessary, considering Wanda's character has been so unexplored up till now, and it better established how Wanda and Vision came into a relationship. I'm not sure how the hell anyone was supposed to cover this material any other way.

Dunno what the hell the complainers are on about, this episode was great.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Sooo...

It really was just Wanda on her own. Enslaving and torturing the entire town due to her grief?

Agnes/Agatha is bad...but also good? She seems to be of the same mind as Hayward here. If Wanda is capable of all this (and more, apparently) then she fucking IS dangerous, and WandaVIsion was a villain origin story the entire time.

I DID appreciate all the scene chewing we got from Kathryn Hahn. But I'm going to need some time to process this episode.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Is white vision different from normal vision in the comics or something?

Also is that Agatha cult scene something we're supposed to know from the comics or is her backstory a mystery?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People saying this is a bad episode are the same one's who thought every episode of Mando Season 2 was filler.