• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Marvel have any kaiju?
They have a lot, also a superhero kid named Kid Kaiju that I hope they introduce at some point :D

But they only need this one, Todd Ziller:
8296734e20b5adedf8b4b327930f910f.jpg

An old-fashioned patriotic American Kaiju.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think so.

Don't remember Fury in Ultron.
He wasn't in Civil War, either.
And he isn't in Infinity War, until the after-credits scene.
He was in Ultron: he's with the Avengers at Hawkeye's house and he's the one who brings the Helicarriers to Sokovia.
Fury is in Ultron but he doesn't share any scenes with Vision. He appears at Clint's farmhouse before Vision is created, he's on the helicarrier at Sokovia but doesn't interact with Vision at all there, and he's at the Avengers headquarters at the end but he only talks to Black Widow.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
There's Todd Ziller - The American Kaiju. A character I had no idea existed until just now.

AND APPARENTLY: Kid Kaiju whom can summon Kaiju.

They have a lot, also a superhero kid named Kid Kaiju that I hope they introduce at some point :D

But they only need this one, Todd Ziller:
8296734e20b5adedf8b4b327930f910f.jpg

An old-fashioned patriotic American Kaiju.

Okay then, well if Todd Ziller ( ᵒʰ ᵐʸ ᵍᵒᵈ ) doesn't appear in Falcon and the Winter Soldier I will consider the entire show a failure.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
And wasn't Fury in Ultron actually Talos?
Because the way he likes his bread.
He says toast in CM but is making a sandwich in AoU.

That said, I do feel like it may have been a hint since AoU does seem like an easy place for them to reveal that he was actually Talos instead of Fury since he only makes a brief cameo, he had to go on the run after TWS after he "died" and SHIELD fell, and we hadn't actually seen in again until the end of Infinity War.

If they establish that Fury was setting up SWORD with Maria after The Avengers in secret and fled the planet after TWS, that seems like it could work. Talos posed as Fury when necessary, Maria Rambeau was the Director of SWORD and when Fury, Maria Hill, and Monica got snapped and then Maria died years later of cancer, Hayward became Director.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
I'm still really confused about who Fury and Maria Hill were working for after Winter Soldier. Just a nameless collection of former SHIELDers getting resources from ???

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still really confused about who Fury and Maria Hill were working for after Winter Soldier. Just a nameless collection of former SHIELDers getting resources from ???
No one really, Fury went out on his own to do his own thing on earth, but it looks like according to spider man far from home he's been in space for a bit working for SWORD.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh my god, so Marvel is gonna do both Justice League and the Universal Monsterverse better than their original counterparts?

There's Todd Ziller - The American Kaiju. A character I had no idea existed until just now.

AND APPARENTLY: Kid Kaiju whom can summon Kaiju.
Don't forget Doctor Demonicus the mad scientist with an army of artificially created ones. Plus some classic marvel monsters like Fin Fang Foom that also fall under the label

Ariesfirebomb

Jul 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Eternals has a gay superhero, Phastos, and they're also going to "confirm" Valkyrie is bi in Thor: Love and Thunder.

I get that neither of those movies are out yet either, but the only reason they're not is covid. Eternals was originally supposed to come out last year.

I was talking about this with my roommate last night. I think these new projects will definitely change that.

for Eternals: isn't Ikaris AND Phastos both gay?
There's also the Captain Marvel/Valkyrie rumor.

Billy and Tommy were both queer in the comics as well right? And of course Miss America who is popping up in Doc strange 2

I'm looking forward to the shift. But I already know the conservative neckbeards are about to melt down.

Oct 25, 2017
The theory that Fury fucked off into space after the assassination attempt in the Winter Soldier is amusing, but it would absolutely be a retcon, not a planned thing.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is gonna be the first episode premiere night where I'll have my own Disney+ subscription. No more having to hide behind my older sister's back.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
The theory that Fury fucked off into space after the assassination attempt in the Winter Soldier is amusing, but it would absolutely be a retcon, not a planned thing.

I mean it was always weird that he burned his identity/eyepatch and faked his death in Winter Soldier, but was back with said eyepatch just chilling in Age of Ultron. Shit, he even acts nicer than ever in Age of Ultron. Not saying they planned it, but there's enough leeway there.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

The MCU has done a good job of retconning things that felt like they were intentional all along lol

It was always weird to me that Fury in WS was like "bye I'm fuckin off to Europe" and then just happened to show up at Hawkeye's house in the next movie. That's most likely a result of Whedon making a sequel to Avengers rather than tying closely to the other Phase 2 films, but it would totally work if they wanted to decide Fury was Talos in Ultron.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
New poster?

EvFuBT6WQAAW-yO

A little worried that people's expectations have become impossibly huge at this point. We have two episodes left right? And some people are hung up "EVAN PETERS BETTER BE THE REAL QUICKSILVER", "This is going to introduce all the X-Men!!", "Magneto is going to show up!".

Also random thought:
JB Smoove kept making weird jokes about witchcraft being responsible for the illusions in Spider-man: Far From Home. That movie takes place after WandaVision. Is there a connection or am I overthinking it?

463f2846f8ce9f7152d331fc76d29d5f29fd919c.gifv

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Hot take: I just want Vision to be happy. Dude has been through so much and yet I just KNOW he's not making it out of this series. Vision has been the one most dead-set on saving the people of Westview and it sucks to see him suffer.

I guess his best bet is a final goodbye to Wanda as he stops existing/dies once the Hex disappears.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Dammit, just saw a leaked screen from the last episode. I expected it already, but damn, why does this show have so much leaks!?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I'm seeing people getting burned by spoilers this week.

Most of us go to websites we know, that doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're going win. Whatever it takes. Good luck.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I saw the spoilers. I can't believe Bettany was referring to [spuiler]Schwarzenegger as Savage Dragon[/spoiler].

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Also random thought:
JB Smoove kept making weird jokes about witchcraft being responsible for the illusions in Spider-man: Far From Home. That movie takes place after WandaVision. Is there a connection or am I overthinking it?

Lol i didnt even consider this. Its funny as-is but I think its gonna be one of those things thats just accidentally made even better with a little bit of a stretch to connect the dots

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The MCU has done a good job of retconning things that felt like they were intentional all along lol

It was always weird to me that Fury in WS was like "bye I'm fuckin off to Europe" and then just happened to show up at Hawkeye's house in the next movie. That's most likely a result of Whedon making a sequel to Avengers rather than tying closely to the other Phase 2 films, but it would totally work if they wanted to decide Fury was Talos in Ultron.
Pulling a Doombot would be hilarious
Yeah I saw the spoilers. I can't believe Bettany was referring to [spuiler]Schwarzenegger as Savage Dragon[/spoiler].
You mean they didn't have him reprise Conan? You know he's on an avengers team in the comics

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Lol i didnt even consider this. Its funny as-is but I think its gonna be one of those things thats just accidentally made even better with a little bit of a stretch to connect the dots
Yeah it's probably an unintentional connection. But who knows...Feige and the other writers had supposedly been mapping out post Endgame plans for years. It would be cool to start uncovering connections that we didn't know existed.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to avoid pretty much all the leaks so far, but similarly to last week, I'm curious if people are excited by what they hear or disappointed.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I watched Doctor Strange for the first time in a few years & holy crap that's a good film. Completely forgot that they use the word multiverse like 5 different times. Incredibly hyped for Into the Multiverse of Madness. And Mordo says "no more sorcerers", so.... is he gunning for Wanda?

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
As we reach the end I just want to share my appreciation for this show. My SO and I spent the awful past week of the Texas storm tossing theories back and forth, and it was a welcome distraction.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, so Marvel is gonna do both Justice League and the Universal Monsterverse better than their original counterparts?

Marvel went on a big giant monster bonanza in the late 50's/early 60's. Fin Fang Foom, Monstro, Goom, Gorgilla, even Groot was one of them. Not sure if we can call them actual kaiju, but they're pretty close.

2017-comics-monsters-unleashed-1-220445-1280x0.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Am I the only one that found the timing on the Spider-Man 3 title reveal a little out of the blue?

I mean, the movie comes out in December.

Is it possible that for some reason they wanted the title to be known before these last two episodes of Wandavision dropped?

Could there be some link there?

Am I looking to deep into Mephisto's eyes?

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one that found the timing on the Spider-Man 3 title reveal a little out of the blue?

I mean, the movie comes out in December.

Is it possible that for some reason they wanted the title to be known before these last two episodes of Wandavision dropped?

Could there be some link there?

Am I looking to deep into Mephisto's eyes?
This is Sony marketing. The same people that dropped a Far From Home trailer before Endgame even came out. They don't care about synergy they just want to market their movie lol.

Loke13

Oct 26, 2019
This is Sony marketing. The same people that dropped a Far From Home trailer before Endgame even came out. They don't care about synergy they just want to market their movie lol.
Bingo. Marvel hype has been steadily growing with each new ep and after that Agatha reveal and new Falcon and WS trailer people can't help but talk about it. Sony dropped the SM3 trailer in the middle of it to drum up some anticipation.

It's smart but I don't like i. There would have been hype regardless it's Spider Man for Pete's sake and the third movie in the series.