• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What if Evan Peters is playing himself and Agatha plucked him from the multiverse because she watched Kick-Ass.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
What if Evan Peters is playing himself and Agatha plucked him from the multiverse because she watched Kick-Ass.

I was wondering that myself a few weeks ago. That would make a little more sense than explaining why Peter Maximoff in the 70's (DoFP) looks pretty much like he does in the 90's (Dark Phoenix). Then again, if he is Peter Maximoff from the X-Men movies, I doubt they'll explain that at all.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Oh god I just realised Kathryn Hahn was Doc Ock in Into the Spider-Verse thanks to this recommendation on my feed:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Hayward is acting director, so technically Wanda's incorrect. (why's he acting director btw? Who was the previous boss? Monica's mother? She died a while ago though)

Semi-related: in Hayward's first scene he explains to Monica how they've refocused on robotics, nanotech and AI. And Monica chides him by saying "it says observation on the door, not creation."

I'm assuming she says this because of a superficial observation (pun) of her surroundings during the scene, where it appears something is being built. Or does she have knowledge on SWORD that we the viewer are not aware of?

I don't think he is the Acting Director. Hayward said he was made director because Monica was snapped. Her mother was Director and he was "The obvious choice"

Needs then Buffalo Bills losing to the NY Giants by a single Field Goal.

I've suggested as much before. What if Evan Peters, is just Evan Peters driving through the town and caught up in all of it.

Even after the reveal I'm not convinced he's Peter.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
That's good but it's presumably still a way out. It's 2021, the MCU has no excuse to not have a major openly LGBT character at this point already

One of the eternals is reportedly gay:

www.cbr.com

Eternals Star Discusses the MCU's First Openly Gay Couple

Eternals star Haaz Sleiman opened up about playing half of the MCU's first openly gay couple with Brian Tyree Henry.

(and to be fair to Marvel, it would've been out last year, if not for covid)

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Moviebob threw out a theory that blows my fucking mind in the spoiler section of his newest video (at around 19:57):

Namely, that Dottie is, of all people, Arcanna from the Squadron Supreme. Arcanna's last name is Jones, she also has a husband named Phil, and her magic is color-coded yellow, like the flowers in Dottie's garden. We may actually be getting a technicolor witches duel at the end of all of this.

Last edited:

Ariesfirebomb

Jul 3, 2018
Minneapolis
So Moviebob threw out a theory that blows my fucking mind in the spoiler section of his newest video (at around 19:57):

Namely, that Dottie is, of all people, Arcana from the Squadron Supreme. Arcana's last name is Jones, she also has a husband named Phil, and her magic is color-coded yellow, like the flowers in Dottie's garden. We may actually be getting a technicolor witches duel at the end of all of this.

Someone I got put in a group chat with said this same thing. I'm not familiar with Arcana, but holy hell is the MCU back in full force with all these little hints here and there.. IF it turns out to be true. With that said, the attention to detail is still absolutely amazing.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone I got put in a group chat with said this same thing. I'm not familiar with Arcana, but holy hell is the MCU back in full force with all these little hints here and there.. IF it turns out to be true. With that said, the attention to detail is still absolutely amazing.
Yeah, I'd say the same thing, though Moviebob also noted that he appreciated that the show was focusing on telling a good story first and not just trying to outwit and surprise the audience just for the sake of it.

Also, he joked that Herb was the High Evolutionary just because the latter's real name is Herbert. I sincerely doubt it would be the case, but it would be pretty bonkers regardless.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
the MCU is LONG past due LGBT rep (and no Joe Russo talking about his boyfriend in one scene in Endgame didn't count lmao) and since Stucky and Captain Falcon are out the window... time for Winter Falcon
That's good but it's presumably still a way out. It's 2021, the MCU has no excuse to not have a major openly LGBT character at this point already

Eternals has a gay superhero, Phastos, and they're also going to "confirm" Valkyrie is bi in Thor: Love and Thunder.

I get that neither of those movies are out yet either, but the only reason they're not is covid. Eternals was originally supposed to come out last year.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Namely, that Dottie is, of all people, Arcana from the Squadron Supreme. Arcana's last name is Jones, she also has a husband named Phil, and her magic is color-coded yellow, like the flowers in Dottie's garden. We may actually be getting a technicolor witches duel at the end of all of this.

Isn't Arcana part of the Squadron Supreme?

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Arcana part of the Squadron Supreme?
Well, yeah, I mentioned that in my post. And according to previous leaks/rumors, Marvel has been planning something with the Squadron for a while now. The notion is a surprise to me too, but Marvel is ramping up for multiverse stuff as it is and Dottie is one of the townspeople that SWORD can't identify yet, so it actually makes some measure of sense??

(And the hilarious thing is, the Squadron Supreme is a parody of the Justice League, so if Marvel actually puts out a good Squadron Supreme movie before Warner Bros. can really get its shit together for another stab at Justice League, well, that would be the most perfect black eye Marvel could ever possibly inflict upon WB.)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Well, yeah, I mentioned that in my post. And according to previous leaks/rumors, Marvel has been planning something with the Squadron for a while now. The notion is a surprise to me too, but Marvel is ramping up for multiverse stuff as it is and Dottie is one of the townspeople that SWORD can't identify yet, so it actually makes some measure of sense??

(And the hilarious thing is, the Squadron Supreme is a parody of the Justice League, so if Marvel actually puts out a good Squadron Supreme movie before Warner Bros. can really get its shit together for another stab at Justice League, well, that would be the most perfect black eye Marvel could ever possibly inflict upon WB.)

You final paragraph is one of the main reasons I want a squadron supreme movie :). What if we posit that Arcana is the sorcerer supreme of her universe, and she came here after investigating the nexus of reality in her universe?

(and somehow, my eyes COMPLETLY skipped over the part about the squadron supreme in your original post. I remember reading the part before, and after, but not that part. Sorry)

My ideal Squadron Supreme movie is an adaptation of the Gruenwald maxi, using their universe's snap as the catalyst for the events in the maxi.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I don't think he is the Acting Director. Hayward said he was made director because Monica was snapped. Her mother was Director and he was "The obvious choice"

He refers to himself as Acting Director, but doesn't imply why. It's an assumption on our part that it's because of the snap, but the issue for me is Monica's mum died years ago. Surely it doesn't take three years to get a replacement in, if she was his predecessor? (whose death had nothing to do with the snap)

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He refers to himself as Acting Director, but doesn't imply why. It's an assumption on our part that it's because of the snap, but the issue for me is Monica's mum died years ago. Surely it doesn't take three years to get a replacement in, if she was his predecessor? (whose death had nothing to do with the snap)

I would assume that, because he was promoted during the Blip which absolutely counts as a time of crisis, he only counts as an acting director until he's given the job proper. Which we know he won't be, since it'll be Monica.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I would assume that, because he was promoted during the Blip which absolutely counts as a time of crisis, he only counts as an acting director until he's given the job proper. Which we know he won't be, since it'll be Monica.

Hmm, I guess so. I also forgot how soon this show is set after everyone returns. But still, 'acting' director just raised questions for me unnecessarily, when simply making him the new director wouldn't have.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
I don't know what makes you think this video shows in any way that he know back then, but ok. If the video title says it, it must be true?
It's the way he stays silent and looks incredibly awkward while the other cast members are being asked at the possibilities of their portrayals of their characters appearing in the MCU

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
One of the eternals is reportedly gay:

www.cbr.com

Eternals Star Discusses the MCU's First Openly Gay Couple

Eternals star Haaz Sleiman opened up about playing half of the MCU's first openly gay couple with Brian Tyree Henry.

(and to be fair to Marvel, it would've been out last year, if not for covid)
Eternals has a gay superhero, Phastos, and they're also going to "confirm" Valkyrie is bi in Thor: Love and Thunder.

I get that neither of those movies are out yet either, but the only reason they're not is covid. Eternals was originally supposed to come out last year.

In fairness a lot of people have been sour on Phastos since they announced it, since the character is so obscure even in the context of Eternals. People are expecting his homosexuality to only be on display in one blink-and-you-miss-it clip that can be cut for China because this is Disney and this is like the 5th time they've made this exact play.

I have more faith in Valkyrie's bisexuality since that was always on plan in Ragnarok and I have more faith in Waititi pulling through on the return.

Namely, that Dottie is, of all people, Arcanna from the Squadron Supreme. Arcanna's last name is Jones, she also has a husband named Phil, and her magic is color-coded yellow, like the flowers in Dottie's garden. We may actually be getting a technicolor witches duel at the end of all of this.

Man I and others have been calling this since Episode 3. Motherfucker's late. XD

Didn't think about the flowers symbolizing her magic though, that'd be quite appropriate ngl.

EDIT: Okay just watched the clip and didn't catch Agatha's flowers being red and Wanda's being red and pink. Nice, only leads further credence to the read since Dottie's are so up front and center.

Also, he joked that Herb was the High Evolutionary just because the latter's real name is Herbert. I sincerely doubt it would be the case, but it would be pretty bonkers regardless.

Don't think it ever came up here but I did actually see this fan theory elsewhere, though it got tossed out once everyone started getting ID'd in Episode 4, "Herb" being one of them. But who knows, maybe it's a super-swerve or something. ;)

It is rather interesting that Marvel Comics is rolling with a full-on Squadron Supreme event now of all times.

And yeah, I've been cheering for the Squadron largely because I have no faith in WB putting out a good Justice League movie anytime soon (and no I don't have faith in the Snyder Cut salvaging that mess) and I'm perfectly content with for now settling with the most well-done knockoff of them. At least it's guaranteed some kind of goodness, and at least they could actually throw down with the Avengers.

Last edited:

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

The flowers catch is pretty good especially since besides the easter egg of Wanda and Agatha's magic color, the show had Sparky eat the flowers like in the comic and Agatha explicitly calls attention to Dottie's roses.

I'm still on the train that Dottie is a magic user and an important one in the town.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The flowers catch is pretty good especially since besides the easter egg of Wanda and Agatha's magic color, the show had Sparky eat the flowers like in the comic and Agatha explicitly calls attention to Dottie's roses.

I'm still on the train that Dottie is a magic user and an important one in the town.

I'm still on the "Westview is a coven" train and Dottie is, in fact, the coven's leader. I'm adamant the neighbourhood watch is, actually, the warlocks of Westview and the neighbourhood itself is a metaphor for the coven they protect. That would also mean the women that met in the second episode are all witches and they just don't remember it.

If Agatha helped Wanda create the Hex and expand it across the town, it's probably because she has her own plans for the coven and doesn't want "Dottie" to interfere.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
So I just watched Ultron and Infinity War and Endgame over the last week or so, and I had this same thought, but what's the deal with the bread? I must not remember something from Captain Marvel.
Captain Marvel asked Fury to tell her something about him that only he would know. And he mentioned the bread thing... liking it cut some way (can't remember), which is different from how he cut it in Ultron.

Last edited:

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
OMG I just realized something about Herb. The connection to being the High Evolutionary just due to his name seemed like a stretch, but remember who he dressed as for Halloween?
5md2kAw.png

Frankenstein's monster.

And who else does crazy Frankenstein-like mad scientist experiments?

Yeah, Agatha dressed as a witch and we just got the reveal that she was a witch. I think it's definitely in the realm of possibilities now.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
OMG I just realized something about Herb. The connection to being the High Evolutionary just due to his name seemed like a stretch, but remember who he dressed as for Halloween?
5md2kAw.png

Frankenstein's monster.

And who else does crazy Frankenstein-like mad scientist experiments?

Yeah, Agatha dressed as a witch and we just got the reveal that she was a witch. I think it's definitely in the realm of possibilities now.

I like your method, but not your conclusion. He's actually Frankenstein's Monster, which ties into Moon Knight and Blade. Bring on the Marvel Cinematic Monsterverse.

Captain Marvel asked Fury to tell her something about him that only he would know. And he mentioned the breath thing... liking it cut some way (can't remember), which is different from how he cut it in Ultron.
Oh right! The ol retroactive continuity trick haha. The best way to do a retcon.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he probably left Earth after the assassination attempt in Winter Soldier.

Which is kinda shitty putting a target on Talos like that.

It's not that bad of an idea, really. Hydra couldn't have actually killed Talos. He's very much superhuman and if he can take an energy blast from Carol without any injuries, those same blasts tearing through steel and concrete, bullets and grenades would just bounce off of him.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
I like your method, but not your conclusion. He's actually Frankenstein's Monster, which ties into Moon Knight and Blade. Bring on the Marvel Cinematic Monsterverse.

Oh my god, so Marvel is gonna do both Justice League and the Universal Monsterverse better than their original counterparts?

Does Marvel have any kaiju?