• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Why was someone saying a few pages ago that they loved "Katherine Hayn" in The Parent Trap (1998)?????? Lmao

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That's my feeling as well. This might have just been the thing to give her control over it or something. I think she's been made of energy for a while before the show.

LOVED the musical number. Had to rewatch it a few times, too.

I still very much hope Pietro is Fox's Quicksilver. I think it would be a fantastic way to bring Quicksilver back without cheapening the death. It would give him a unique dynamic with Wanda. Twins from different universes!

Let's hope neither of them is from the Ultimate universe...

Uh, we already got a peak into that universe in Godzilla...

HOAz.gif

👀
😱
😱

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Why is everyone settled on Agatha being the big bad?

The It was Agatha All Along just screams that it's obviously not her. Could just be me.
I think as far as WandaVision goes, Agatha will be the only real villain, but what's her motive for doing everything? I'm guessing she wants to "raise" someone (Ralph/Nightmare/Mephisto?) from the dead or another dimension and she needs Wanda to help achieve those ends.

Whatever her goal is, I think she'll succeed with it, which will dovetail into Dr. Strange 2. Maybe we get a post-credits stinger after the last episode showing that her plan was successful, but I doubt we get another villain introduced this late that makes an impact within WandaVision.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I thought Moore gave it the number 616 because it was the original Number of the Beast because he didn't like Marvel.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
He also said it's not going to be Doctor Strange.

I think he said too much here.

When I thought of characters who could cameo if it wasn't Dr Strange I would still think of other characters in the MCU. Since his statement explicitly writes off a bunch of people from multiple Avengers movies the only choice left is Ian McKellan. I wish he hadn't said that it was someone he hasn't worked with yet. I could still be wrong but the amount of acceptable options becomes a lot smaller.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Moore gave it the number 616 because it was the original Number of the Beast because he didn't like Marvel.
there's no definitive answer as far as i know. i have also heard it's a random number, in contrast to dc's earth 1, earth 2, etc, symbolizing the lack of importance in the main marvel multiverse, ie, it's just another universe among many

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
I still think this show has a twist up its sleeve.
While not every Marvel villain is Thanos or Magneto, Agatha right now is so cartoony ("I killed a dog! Hahahahah! Hate me!") that part of me is like... there has to be something... there's a piece missing. It can't be evil for the sake of evil because that's what bad guys do.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

When I thought of characters who could cameo if it wasn't Dr Strange I would still think of other characters in the MCU. Since his statement explicitly writes off a bunch of people from multiple Avengers movies the only choice left is Ian McKellan. I wish he hadn't said that it was someone he hasn't worked with yet. I could still be wrong but the amount of acceptable options becomes a lot smaller.
Dude. Look at the left hand side of this image.

p159678_p_v10_ah.jpg

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool btw, one of Monica's first things she did as an 'enhanced individual' was sticking a superhero landing.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While not every Marvel villain is Thanos or Magneto, Agatha right now is so cartoony ("I killed a dog! Hahahahah! Hate me!") that part of me is like... there has to be something... there's a piece missing. It can't be evil for the sake of evil because that's what bad guys do.

Oh, for certain. I expect her to reveal why she's doing what she did... and I still expect a greater force.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
there's no definitive answer as far as i know. i have also heard it's a random number, in contrast to dc's earth 1, earth 2, etc, symbolizing the lack of importance in the main marvel multiverse, ie, it's just another universe among many

I can't believe Marvel assigned Earth-1 to Morlun and his boring family.

(I also can't believe they made a family of interdimensional steampunk vampires so boring.)

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

He never says it was a previous Marvel based actor... it could be literally be any character played by any actor Paul Bettany hasn't worked with. Ian Mckellan isnt the only choice plus they both had roles in The Da Vinci code. My belief is its Ralph...who is a human disguise for another character. Al Pacino ;)

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
The same goes to why Vision just didn't cary Darcy

All of these things you mentioned as bad plot points including this one are correct but I can see with this one they cared more about maximizing comedic effect over making a logical decision.

Dude. Look at the left hand side of this image.

p159678_p_v10_ah.jpg

Ha. I was wondering if I was wrong about that but man we are really getting into obscure territory.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, obviously the big star is going to be Mephisto playing Nightmare. Has Bettany ever worked with Mephisto before?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
For sure.

They basically did the same with Hayward which seemed to get some people here upset since they wanted the situation to seem more ambiguous and that Wanda could be bad and wrong rather than have Hayward represent that side of the argument and he just started coming across as an unprompted asshole. I think both characters will get some fleshing out of their motivations because otherwise right now they are just evil because they like being evil.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I can't tell if people make fun of Mephisto theories at this point because they think they are ridiculous or because they think they are probably true, but they are just tired of people pointing out potential clues. Of all the theorizing, the Mephisto stuff seems like it has the most legit teases in the show, so much so that I swear YouTubers just pull the most obscure comic connections out of their ass and make the most tenuous connections just to have something different to talk about and put out more videos

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I was a little bored with the obvious reveals, but a lot of that is mostly my fault for picking apart the series. The big thing for me this episode was straight up just calling out the Nexus like that in the commercial. I really didn't expect the MCU to full on go ham with the multiverse, I expected a little more hand wavy science quantum realm stuff since most of the MCU was been "down to earth" science based versions of the comic stuff. Really interested to see where this leads.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if people make fun of Mephisto theories at this point because they think they are ridiculous or because they think they are probably true, but they are just tired of people pointing out potential clues.

The latter, mostly. All signs point to Mephisto (though my gut since the beginning has said it's possible they're purposely teasing Mephisto only to NOT use him) but you have to admit, it's pretty hilarious that some people cry Mephisto every time there's a new character introduced.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Agatha was behind it all along, but what if IT was helping Wanda. Bet money Sparky was a danger to her and her kids.