• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the need for Mephisto in this setting. They just revealed a cross dimensional gate and a big bad witch, not sure we need some dude behind it.

My guess is, if Mephisto or Nightmare or whatever is really behind all this, they won't be a physical presence in the show. Just a lingering threat for Wanda and Strange to clean up in Strange 2: Electric Magealoo. We've got our big bad reveal with two episodes to go, trying to cram in ANOTHER one outside of a post-credits scene would feel really rushed.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I await the upcoming YouTube video with a red circle and and a red arrow pointing at a fucking fly
This is my favorite comment of the night.

By the way, "Pietro's" hair at the end wasn't white. We saw Agatha send him in with her powers...wonder if he's really a Pietro.

And yeah I do have to say it's weird that Agatha is going to be a villain in the MCU when she's a friend and mentor in the books.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah gotta be honest. Monica is the weak-link of the show so far.

Different strokes and all, but ..w haat. I figured everyone loved her performance, and also the emotional ties she brings from other sides of the MCU universe. And the perspective of someone blipped out, losing someone in the process. Best part about Captain Marvel was Carol's extended family, and this sets up some pretty neat connections. I mean, sure, maybe she does reckless things, but that's about the last thing I'm worried about in wildly fantastical action productions. Not really important.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I like how on the nose the reveal was cause it was so obvious. Agnes turns out to be Agatha who's a witch who's probably made a bargain with "the devil." All our theories will probably be confirmed rather than us be surprised. I also loved Monica's powers finally manifesting. A rather weak episode again but the small treats it does deliver are a thrill. Oh, and that's the Darkhold. So this being a Nexus spot could Pietro really be from the X-Men universe but Agatha's in his head giving him a role to play like everybody else.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
They knew anyone in the know knows who Agnes was suppose to be, so instead of making it a huge reveal. They went big and gave her an entire theme song hahahaha

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain why Monica believed that she was gonna be able to get through the barrier?
Was it because of what Darcy said to her in the previous episode about her body is changing or whatever?
It seemed kinda reckless imo.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Does the darkhold let you pull things from other dimensions then? It's been so long since agents of shield that I don't remember any details of it from there...

That's probably on the lower end of the kinds of things that book can do.

This is my favorite comment of the night.

By the way, "Pietro's" hair at the end wasn't white. We saw Agatha send him in with her powers...wonder if he's really a Pietro.

And yeah I do have to say it's weird that Agatha is going to be a villain in the MCU when she's a friend and mentor in the books.

It looked like he was wearing a shower cap or a bandana.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I've now watched the Agatha theme about 5 times.

"It's too late to fix anything, now that everything has gone wrong~"

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
So if the nexus is in the show that could mean Agnes pulled Quicksilver out from the Foxverse and dumped him in westview to control him

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, so Agatha really is a antagonist in this huh? Don't mind it at all, even if she's usually a mentor to Wanda.

The guest character is obviously Dr Strange. I don't get how people have been speculating about Reed or Tony or whatever. He's gonna show up to tie the series to Multiverse of Madness and not much else.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Only this show would have been able to pull off that reveal. That was a perfect, mustache-twirling ending, and this show absolutely nailed it.

And I killed Sparky too!

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
twins please survive this :|

I'm more of a classic sitcom kinda guy not the modern format used in this episode. But I loved the Monica and Agatha stuff in this ep.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...it would be kinda dumb if that was actually "the" Darkhold from AoS.
Cause whatever Robbie did with it, it sure as hell didn't end up in at a place for safe keeping.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So obviously from the get-go Agnes was supposed to stick out like a sore thumb and from episode 1 I've been imagining how awesome Kathryn Hahn would be as a villain, but honestly, they did a fantastic job mostly throwing me off the trail the last couple of weeks. That reveal was such a great "YESSSS" moment - not because I'm familiar with the character but because Kathryn Hahn has been such a highlight throughout and I'd been looking forward to this sort of thing.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looked like he was wearing a shower cap or a bandana.
They needed to pull a Brendan:
latest

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth the Darkhold in AoS looks entirely different from this new glowing book.
main-qimg-c5fda50228b5bbddea18a733173919fb.webp

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So at this point it probably really is FoxSilver and the reason he was speaking weirdly was Agnes. Next episodes will presumably be Monica +Pietro trying to rescue Wanda, because he's still going to save his sister even if it's an alternate version.

Yeah, this show is the best thing to come out of the MCU.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If that was the Darkhold then I guess they're making Agents of SHIELD non canon cuz they already used it.
I'm actually super thankful some folks in here a few weeks ago recommended watching the show cause I'm halfway through season 5 and it's pretty great.

Although I've come to the conclusion that AoS is an alternate universe after a certain point and non-canon imo.

Oct 25, 2017
I am enjoying this show way too much; I'm honestly impressed with how well they've managed to use the series gimmick of sitcom parodies along with the pacing of each episode. But man, where it ended... This is absolutely the kind of show I'd prefer to binge and watch all at once, but I realize the internet would spoil everything for me, and I'm enjoying the ride well enough weekly.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
So if the nexus is in the show that could mean Agnes pulled Quicksilver out from the Foxverse and dumped him in westview to control him

I'm guessing it's something along the lines that she is from a universe where this is the Quicksilver, so she didn't realized she was "recasting". She just thought that was how a Pietro Maximoff is.

But I don't think it is the Fox Universe, I think it is a third reality where both this Pietro and an Elizabeth Olsen Wanda are avengers or something.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
1. We're totally going to get a Quicksilver slow-motion sequence next week.

2. I wonder if Zemo will get a hold of the Darkhold in Falcon & The Winter Soldier...

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...it would be kinda dumb if that was actually "the" Darkhold from AoS.
Cause whatever Robbie did with it, it sure as hell didn't end up in at a place for safe keeping.
That would be because AoS, like all marvel shows prior to Wanda vision, has never been canon to the MCU, no matter how much they pretended otherwise for marketing.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Agatha reveal was amazing tho

I really hope she isn't evil

Monica getting her powers KWEEEEN

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So obviously from the get-go Agnes was supposed to stick out like a sore thumb and from episode 1 I've been imagining how awesome Kathryn Hahn would be as a villain, but honestly, they did a fantastic job mostly throwing me off the trail the last couple of weeks. That reveal was such a great "YESSSS" moment - not because I'm familiar with the character but because Kathryn Hahn has been such a highlight throughout and I'd been looking forward to this sort of thing.

Yeah, the way the pre-release trailers were edited with the haunting echo over Agnes' laugh made it instantly clear to me that Agnes was going to be a villain. They clearly wanted her to seem suspicious to people then tried to throw the scent off with last week's "maybe she's being controlled too?" part.

I'm guessing it's something along the lines that she is from a universe where this is the Quicksilver, so she didn't realized she was "recasting". She just thought that was how a Pietro Maximoff is.

But I don't think it is the Fox Universe, I think it is a third reality where both this Pietro and an Elizabeth Olsen Wanda are avengers or something.

Nah, I don't think she's a dimensional traveler herself. Her house is on top of a nexus point so it would be easy for her to snatch a PIetro out of the multiverse and whammy him into working for her.