• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
BTW I was serious when I suggested updating the thread title. We skipped the 90s. It's bugging me!
The 50s should probably annoy you as well then because I think the '50s episode' was based off the Dick van Dyke show which didn't air until the early 60s.

I mean, ultimately something can come out in 2000 or 1961 and still feel like it has the aesthetics of the decade prior. 1998 and 2000 probably have more stylistically and culturally in similar than 1991 and 1998 or 2007 and 2000 so I just wouldn't worry about it. It may literally be one way or the other but I'd wager early Malcolm in the Middle and the last episode of this are probably '90s' enough for most people.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Something that occurred to me in the shower this morning: Darcy was literally like 3 feet away from Vision when they got sucked into the Hex. Are we going to get some interactions between them next ep? Also Vision is suspiciously nowhere to be seen in the preview clip.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
For all the "what decade is this?" people, the twins are playing with Wii remotes for their video game as their original controllers so that would suggest late 2000's/early 2010's than firmly 2010's. It suggests again that they are blurring decades instead of adhering strictly to them.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something that occurred to me in the shower this morning: Darcy was literally like 3 feet away from Vision when they got sucked into the Hex. Are we going to get some interactions between them next ep? Also Vision is suspiciously nowhere to be seen in the preview clip.

Maybe he needs time to recover. He was literally being torn to pieces, after all, and it looked pretty painful.

As for whether he and Darcy might chat, don't you forget everything when your mind is rewritten to fit the Westview "narrative"? So it's not like Darcy will go looking for Vision and I don't think Vision would go looking for a woman he doesn't know. Darcy didn't mean anything to Vision when he was alive, let alone now he's dead and can't remember anything before Westview.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine

One of the very early previews had a clip of Darcy talking with Vision - so I'd say it's a guarantee

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The 50s should probably annoy you as well then because I think the '50s episode' was based off the Dick van Dyke show which didn't air until the early 60s.

I mean, ultimately something can come out in 2000 or 1961 and still feel like it has the aesthetics of the decade prior. 1998 and 2000 probably have more stylistically and culturally in similar than 1991 and 1998 or 2007 and 2000 so I just wouldn't worry about it. It may literally be one way or the other but I'd wager early Malcolm in the Middle and the last episode of this are probably '90s' enough for most people.

Ultimately, the point of my facetious comment was that the earlier title "looks like a TV show" was more funny than what we ended up with. You know, the perennial complaint of critics about what MCU movies look like...

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, that actually makes me feel better. Thanks, sorry for overreacting there.
No worries!

For all the "what decade is this?" people, the twins are playing with Wii remotes for their video game as their original controllers so that would suggest late 2000's/early 2010's than firmly 2010's. It suggests again that they are blurring decades instead of adhering strictly to them.
They could be playing NintendoLand on their Wii U :v

Wii U = Mephisto?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
They named the Marvel vs. Capcom Earth as Earth-30847.
And that Spiderman is dead
ifvBFXTnZE6VcUzMDey17GsjD9OchQ838CDWcImeqEE.jpg

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone expects the Fantastic Four to show up but, if they do, I hope it's pre-accident for them. If Reed Richards does show up, I'd want him to be the version of Reed Richards that doesn't have any superpowers yet.

I'd even settle for the CMBR that Wanda is apparently giving off to be what inspires Reed to research it himself, but I think there would be some benefit to showing that these are people who didn't just appear out of nowhere five minutes before becoming superheroes. Kinda like how they namedropped Stephen Strange in Winter Soldier, years before they introduced him in Doctor Strange.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I'd also be thrilled to see Adam Brashear.

He and Monica have such a great history of teamups in the comics so that was where my mind went immediately. But if she's talking about people's reactions I guess it's not him cuz he's an obscure character relative to other possibilities.

Maybe she just really likes the character. Here's hoping though! The MCU could 100% use another Black or POC super scientist before they introduce Reed.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
He and Monica have such a great history of teamups in the comics so that was where my mind went immediately. But if she's talking about people's reactions I guess it's not him cuz he's an obscure character relative to other possibilities.

Maybe she just really likes the character. Here's hoping though! The MCU could 100% use another Black or POC super scientist before they introduce Reed.
Considering they cast Nathaniel Richards as black, you never know what direction they may go with Reed.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I feel like I'm the only person who really doesn't like Fitz, and would be super disappointed if he was Monica's contact. XD

Excited for this week's episode! My plan to hold off watching an episode until 2 are available to watch back to back has failed, as I have to know what happens next, and can't wait two weeks.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys have a companion podcast you regularly listen to? Would like to find one I haven't listened to yet for this and the upcoming other series.

New Rockstars and John Campea both do shows after each episode that I watch on Youtube, I'm not sure if they are available in podcast form but I would guess so. Angry Joe, Jeremy Jahns, Heroes Reborn, Mr Sunday Movies and others review and discuss each episode too.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
That would be amazing if we saw Monica's contact list from her texting the aerospace engineer and Reed was just labeled "Mr. F."

It would bring things full circle with Arrested Development referencing Fantastic Four and then Marvel referencing Arrested Development.
iu

Reed Richards the worlds first Analrapist.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God that thread claiming that Wandavision's ratings are falling is a trash fire.
It's embarrassing. The OP just using some rando on Twitter with a Superman avatar to pull their "Marvel fatigue amirite?" shit. Then people not understanding how minutes watched works when comparing a show with 90 total minutes to one with 480 minutes

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
It's embarrassing. The OP just using some rando on Twitter with a Superman avatar to pull their "Marvel fatigue amirite?" shit. Then people not understanding how minutes watched works when comparing a show with 90 total minutes to one with 480 minutes

Reminds me of this article I read recently.

Snyder fans employ the same tactics utilized by countless troll armies and hate movements such as Gamergate and Comicsgate. Hundreds of accounts — usually emblazoned with avatars pulled from Snyder's oeuvre like Affleck's Batman or King Leonidas from 300 with the The Snyder Cut mantra displayed boldly as part of their screen name — slavishly monitor any hashtags or keywords that contain Zack Snyder's name or 'Release the Snyder Cut' 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

While many of the more prolific online harassers within the Snyder fandom have seen their accounts shut down by Twitter admins for various violations of terms of service, new antagonistic accounts pop up daily and some trolls, like Future DCEUWarriorzlife, Louis Centeno, and the FilmGob (who, as of this writing has over 5,100 Twitter followers and 24,300 YouTube subscribers) devote an entire online presence to denigrating Marvel fans and compulsively defaming competing film studios like Disney.

The article goes in deep into the weird world of these people.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The wording of that definitely makes it sound like someone older. Someone Bettany (49) would have grown up idolizing.

That leaves only a handful of actors I can think of that have done something either MCU or Fox's X-Men...

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not strange or peitro....

I still think it'd be someone like Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart. We already basically got Wanda's brother from another universe, so why not her dad? Of course, Charles Xavier can show up without physically showing up at all. He doesn't need to be in Westview to connect with Wanda and give her a word of wisdom or some advice.

He gave a pretty good speech to himself in Days of Future Past, so if he can do it across time he can probably do it across universes too.