• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The FF will be introduced in Black Panther 2. You can quote me on that.

I really don't think they will. They're all about space stuff and Disney won't be eschewing all of the origin stories of their characters the way they did Spiderman. I think they'll get their own movie as an introduction, covering the accident and all that stuff.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I really don't think they will. They're all about space stuff and Disney won't be eschewing all of the origin stories of their characters the way they did Spiderman. I think they'll get their own movie as an introduction, covering the accident and all that stuff.

I mean its as good a place to randomly introduce a member of the FF than WandaVision would be really. Except with BP2 "its like poetry and rhymes", as George Lucas loved to say.

I'd rather WandaVision introduce 'minor' heroes (don't hit me Monica), not Marvel's Royal Family.

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been mentioned before but I really really liked Blue Marvel / Adam Brashear in the Al Ewing Ultimates series and I would be pretty excited to see a version of him in Wandavision with a really cool actor cast to play him.

If they were to make Captain Marvel 2/3 into two Ultimates movies I would be hype as hell.

I would also accept William Jackson Harper playing Reed Richards as a compromise.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
We should talk more about why Monica even wants the help of an 'aerospace engineer'. I've been under the assumption she wants a ride so she can investigate the town from the air or parachute/land in, etc. Maybe there's another reason though, because all those reasons would simply make her a visible target to Hayward. Seems a bit shortsighted.

Though I guess if her plan is to simply land in the town to confront Wanda again, there's not much Hayward would be able to do about it. (disclaimer: Monica wanting aid from the engineer was before Wanda changed the game by expanding the circle, so Hayward's threat to Monica has diminished considerably, but it still makes me wonder what Monica's original plan was)

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Did you know the name 'Hayward' means: occupational name for an official who was responsible for protecting land or enclosed forest from damage by animals, poachers, or vandals, from Middle English hay 'enclosure' (see Hay 1) + ward 'guardian'.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Are Billy and Tommy the first MCU mutants? They're the first powered individuals to be born with powers/get them naturally.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao that clip

Regarding the clip shown: Tommy and Billy should have gone to play Hanafuda cards :v

Anyway, I really hope the "speculation" and "theorizing" above are not coming from people who saw the leaks :U

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
She has been noticeably the weak link on this show for me. Maybe it's because she's only played the comic relief before and this time has here out of her element as an science exposition machine and emotiing a little more, but it's weird how inconsistent she's been. One scene she'll have the pitch perfect sarcasm and even hit the right emotional note for the info she's delivering and other times her line read is incredibly flat and almost checked out. It's like how people have pointed out that scenes outside the Hex are worse, it does seem like it's a second unit director or something just doing quick pick ups and not really getting consistent performances like in the Hex.
I can easily believe there's two different people working on each half
The Hex stuff is in general better direction, better writing, looks better and better acting, it's almost a different show
Maybe like you said about the second unit director

I don't think outside is terrible or devoid of great moments it's general fine

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol

g3wROOE.gif

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have never seen a single episode of Modern Family, Parks and Rec or The Office so not sure how much I'll get this episodes structure.

All of my knowledge from those two shows comes from memes on the Internet.

That said, I'm still excited for it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I betting the engineer is Wonder man...played by Nathan Fillion due to his gotg casting or someone new. You can see Wonder man concept art above Jac Schaeffer's shoulder at 0:27 here
youtu.be

Story Featurette | Marvel Studios' WandaVision | Disney+

Don't touch that dial! Take a behind-the-scenes look at Marvel Studios' first Original Series, "WandaVision." Two episodes are now streaming on Disney+.► Sub...

That would be a nice get. A relatively minor character but still big enough to be worth getting a little excited over.

Better to align expectations with that vs. assuming they're gonna blow the Fantastic Four reveal on a brief one-off cameo in another hero's show.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
We should talk more about why Monica even wants the help of an 'aerospace engineer'. I've been under the assumption she wants a ride so she can investigate the town from the air or parachute/land in, etc. Maybe there's another reason though, because all those reasons would simply make her a visible target to Hayward. Seems a bit shortsighted.

Though I guess if her plan is to simply land in the town to confront Wanda again, there's not much Hayward would be able to do about it. (disclaimer: Monica wanting aid from the engineer was before Wanda changed the game by expanding the circle, so Hayward's threat to Monica has diminished considerably, but it still makes me wonder what Monica's original plan was)
The best I can figure out from the scene where she mentions the engineer might be that the engineer might be able to supply the vehicle to the specifications they need.

We do see the vehicle in the mid-season trailer and I think what may explain it is that
I think that it might be a lunar rover or a mars rover sort of vehicle

iu

iu

iu

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The best I can figure out from the scene where she mentions the engineer might be that the engineer might be able to supply the vehicle to the specifications they need.

We do see the vehicle in the mid-season trailer and I think what may explain it is that

It's also important to note that spacefaring vehicles are designed to withstand radiation on a level that normal trucks and planes aren't, so it's possible they want to consult with the engineer to figure out what kind of shielding might best defend against Wanda's power.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's also important to note that spacefaring vehicles are designed to withstand radiation on a level that normal trucks and planes aren't, so it's possible they want to consult with the engineer to figure out what kind of shielding might best defend against Wanda's power.
This. That was pretty much what I was always thinking.

That would also make Reed a bad choice as the reason the 4 got their powers was... Not enough radiation shielding.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This. That was pretty much what I was always thinking.

That would also make Reed a bad choice as the reason the 4 got their powers was... Not enough radiation shielding.

I wasn't gonna say it, but yeah. Having Reed solve a radiation shielding-related problem BEFORE he gets his powers would be really stupid.

I think it's gotta be one of the Skrulls from Captain Marvel.

This makes a ton of sense as well. Talos and his wife ARE on Earth right now, and more importantly, Monica has an established relationship with them already. AND Mendelsohn is one of the leads in Secret Invasion so it works as setup for his own show.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Normally I'd say that the engineer would have a historical (comic or MCU) connection to SWORD or at the very least Project Pegasus, but as we've seen the MCU isn't afraid to do its own thing with character origins (tying Beck to Stark), so it really could be anyone at all.

Please don't be a bearded John Krasinski with grey hairs.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, that is what that entire scene was about, listing the materials they'd need to shield against Wanda's power.

"What I need is a 10,000 pound fallout shelter comprised of lead for photons, cadmium for neutrons, tantalum for seismic blasts......on wheels."

Maybe the aerospace engineer is able to more specifically analyze the barrier than Darcy is able to, but I think they basically already know what they need.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that is what that entire scene was about, listing the materials they'd need to shield against Wanda's power.

"What I need is a 10,000 pound fallout shelter comprised of lead for photons, cadmium for neutrons, tantalum for seismic blasts......on wheels."

Maybe the aerospace engineer is able to more specifically analyze the barrier than Darcy is able to, but I think they basically already know what they need.
I think it just that the aerospace engineer is able to gather the materials and make something out of this

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
Weird how she references "Quarantine style staycation" in that clip. The lines are really blurring, Covid never happened in the MCU.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Official clip is on Youtube now:

www.youtube.com

“We’ve All Been There” Clip | Marvel Studios’ WandaVision | Disney+

Rest your eyes on this brand new clip from the seventh episode of Marvel Studios’ “WandaVision,” streaming tomorrow on Disney+: https://bit.ly/2XyBSIW► Subsc...
It's so funny to see a cutaway to the exact scene we just saw played seriously last episode (well as serious as you can have a scene about a barrier that turns agents into clowns) be completely reframed into a comedy moment, complete with wild, silly screaming and goofy music. I think this next episode will be a real winner all around.