• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xeris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably wrong, but one thought I keep having is could Mordo be the big bad? We know he's been going around and eating (Yo) Magic for awhile and Wanda would make an amazing target to neutralize or absorb. Besides that, he's had several years by this point to grow his power and I can think of a couple of reasons why screwing with Wanda might be part of a larger plan.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably wrong, but one thought I keep having is could Mordo be the big bad? We know he's been going around and eating (Yo) Magic for awhile and Wanda would make an amazing target to neutralize or absorb. Besides that, he's had several years by this point to grow his power and I can think of a couple of reasons why screwing with Wanda might be part of a larger plan.

I could see this.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Evan peters is MoM

sub-buzz-1440-1613149776-13.jpg
What's the subtitle for Doctor Strange 2 again?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
You mean like how she made a deal with Hydra/Strucker and with Ultron before and obviously learned nothing from that if she does it again?

People can regress in moments of strife - hell, Tony Stark's character arc has him make the same fuck-up at least twice. Infinity War and Endgame already show Wanda taking Vision's death badly, like "nearly single-handedly rips Thanos apart" badly. It's not exactly rocket science to think that she's potentially susceptible to getting nudged off the ledge in the hope of undoing her loss and fixing her grief. Someone or something lettering her know SWORD secretly swiped Vision's corpse to dissect him is as good a nudge as any.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
There are plenty of ways it out so that Wanda doesn't know the details of the deal or, heck, that she even made one.

That Wanda has no recollection of the events leading up to her creating alternate Westview actually makes that likely.

Last edited:

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
There are plenty of way it out so that Wanda doesn't know the details of the deal or, heck, that she even made one.

That Wanda has no recollection of the events leading up to her creating alternate Westview actually makes that likely.

She might have met with a portly Robert DeNiro eating an egg and not recalled the deal.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
You mean like she made a deal with Hydra/Stoker and with Ultron before and learned nothing from that?
So you are just going to cherry pick that one sentence and ignore the rest of what I wrote?

The devil takes plenty of forms, even some that appear to be an ally. It's not necessarily going to be the same thing.

She knew that working with Hydra to get revenge on Stark and the Avengers was wrong, but they cared at the time more about vengeance. Same with Ultron, but she realized how horrific his plan was and ultimately didn't want to kill everyone on the planet. Since then, she doesn't want to be feared, she wants to feel accepted and understood and Vision is someone that accepts her unconditionally for who she is. At the end of Infinity War, she is willing to sacrifice the person she loves to save everyone, over her own happiness. At the end of Endgame, she is working towards the acceptance of that loss and has the belief that they both did the right thing and Vision died for a greater purpose.

Perhaps she has ended up backsliding in Wandavision, we don't know that yet and grieving the loss of a loved one isn't something you cry about for a couple days and move on, but if she were to head down a malicious, selfish, villainous path, that would undoubtedly be about undoing that path far more than her trying to find an answer to her pain in a moment of weakness.

To some degree, Wanda understands that in order to have this perfect sitcom life with Vision, she has to maintain this reality. I don't believe that is likely to change. I think if she made a Faustian bargain, a devil with the devil, she doesn't know the full consequences of that agreement. That's not just about her being "dumb", that is her being human and basically the whole idea behind a deal with the devil; You think you want something so bad, but you don't comprehend the costs to you or the cost may be greater than what you gained. It's a tragic story.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I am kinda concerned that the end result of this will be either Wanda Crazy, and/or Wanda Susceptible to Bad Men's Ideas. Here's hoping the reveal is that Wando is the tool, not the agent, of most of this.

Oct 27, 2017
Well now that I dream of genie thread makes sense. WTF did I just watch? This better get better than whatever that was (just watched episode one).

Last edited:

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Mordo will be involved in the coming arc for sure, if not part of this series. He's been on the sidelines doing something and is a pretty major player.

It would be interesting for him to be the reason the multiverse opens up. He has been known to side with greater forces such as Dormammu. Who knows, maybe since the stones are scattered some locked doors have opened up such that other demons and forces of nature have been given freedom to roam once again.

Interestingly, on his page it says he knows necromancy. Would that work on Vision?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Mordo will be involved in the coming arc for sure, if not part of this series. He's been on the sidelines doing something and is a pretty major player.

It would be interesting for him to be the reason the multiverse opens up. He has been known to side with greater forces such as Dormammu. Who knows, maybe since the stones are scattered some locked doors have opened up such that other demons and forces of nature have been given freedom to roam once again.

Interestingly, on his page it says he knows necromancy. Would that work on Vision?

...Why would necromancy work on a robot?

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It took 276 pages, but we finally near to discussing if Vision has a dick.
here we go
considering he can make stuff on his body like the cape or clothes just appear and disappear, he can just generate a penis if he needs to

still the geneticist being involved makes me wonder if he was designed to even be able to procreate

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
One-liner meta jokes have been a staple of Marvel movies since time immemorial. Stunt casting has not.
You could argue that Ben Kingsley was completely stunt casting given that the movie was sold on him being the villain of Iron Man 3. It totally helped sell the idea that The Mandarin wasn't a fake out.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
How I would write it:

There's an unexplained dimensional phenomenon in Westview. Doctor Strange dispatches an Avenger, Wanda, and an associate, Agatha Harkness, to investigate.

Whatever villain it is they're dealing with, tells Wanda that it can bring back Vision and they can live happily ever after in Westview.

Wanda retrieves Vision's body and enters Westview. The villain is controlling everyone and makes Wanda, Agatha, and Vision forget important information.

Monica's guy is Doctor Strange, who she has met through her job at SWORD, and he's coming to rescue everyone.

In the end, the villain is driven back, but takes the children. Doctor Strange promises Wanda that they will find them and rescue them.

And in an after-credits scene at the end, we see one of Spider-Man's old villains (Willem Dafoe), cross through the dimensional anomaly.

"You know, I'm something of a scientist myself..."

Smash cut to a room with Doc Ock, Doctor Doom, and Curt Conners, sitting at a table, playing cards.

Ock: You know, we were just looking for a fourth...

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You could argue that Ben Kingsley was completely stunt casting given that the movie was sold on him being the villain of Iron Man 3. It totally helped sell the idea that The Mandarin wasn't a fake out.
Ben Kingsley was not stunt casting.

And I agree with Carbon
Evans Peters' QS needs to be more than just an empty, shallow Easter egg or fanservice.

They surely have a narrative reason for why it was him and not ATJ's QS that shows up. Wanda even questions why he looks different.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One-liner meta jokes have been a staple of Marvel movies since time immemorial. Stunt casting has not.

While not the same branch of Marvel, they did hire Felicia Day to play Mary Jane in the last Spider-Man cartoon for a handful of episodes in that show's last season. Definitely felt like stunt casting.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Ben Kingsley was not stunt casting.
Simply saying that Ben Kingsley wasn't stunt casting isn't a reason that he wasn't stunt casting.

His casting was part of the marketing of the movie and using his acting pedigree to help to sell the gravity of the role; Iron Man's most notorious villain in the final entry of the Iron Man trilogy. Ultimately, it was still a gimmicky casting using the audience's expectations to misdirect from the real villain of the movie. And on top of that Trevor Slattery wasn't as much of a character as a gag, a comic relief. That seems to fit the definition pretty solidly to me.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea that SWORD took Vis's body while pretending to help clean the rubble that is left of the Avengers compound. But I think the footage showed Wanda breaking through the same door we saw Monica try to open when she returned to SWORD, and pretty sure that's nowhere near Westview.

Vision was killed in Wakanda

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
But it makes no sense for him to look like Evan Peters otherwise. Whether or not it's ACTUALLY Xmen Quicksilver is up for debate. But to cast that actor for any other reason other than "due to the multiverse" is just bad stunt casting.

Which is incredibly meta and on brand for a show spoofing family sitcoms.

Like when Tom Hanks shows up on Family Ties as Uncle Ned, a troubled alcoholic, then vanishes after his arc is done and is never spoken of again?

Having Evan Peters show up as long lost Uncle Pietro instead of Aaron Taylor Johnson is totally in line with a lot of stunt casting in sitcoms.

Fresh Prince of Bel Air did it as well with Ben Vereen appearing as Will's dad for an episode.

Evan's is a pretty established and talented actor. People recognize him from either American Horror Story or as Quicksilver from the X-Men universe. When he first appears, the "audience" in the show for that episode claps, and cheers, like such reveals do on sitcoms. They cheer because they recognize the famous actor (Brad Pitt in friends).

The "kick-ass" line in episode 6 could allude to Wanda having seen that movie, and "cast" Peter's as Pietro subconsciously.

For us, the real world audience, we're included in this meta mindfuck because we recognize Peters from X-Men, Kick-Ass, and American Horror Story.

I honestly think this is just Marvel going all in on the meta nature of the show within a show, and the greater Marvel universe as a whole (including the FOX films).

This has all been such a fun ride, that I'm fine with whatever they're cooking for the resolution of all of this.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Simply saying that Ben Kingsley wasn't stunt casting isn't a reason that he wasn't stunt casting.

His casting was part of the marketing of the movie and using his acting pedigree to help to sell the gravity of the role; Iron Man's most notorious villain in the final entry of the Iron Man trilogy. Ultimately, it was still a gimmicky casting using the audience's expectations to misdirect from the real villain of the movie. And on top of that Trevor Slattery wasn't as much of a character as a gag, a comic relief. That seems to fit the definition pretty solidly to me.
Well. Of course Kingsley was part of the marketing. Were they supposed to spoil the twist of their movie?
He wasn't 'just a gag.' He had a purpose Narratively and was part of the villain's plans to conceal his true identity.

That's different from Peter's QS being nothing more than a simple wink and a nod with no narrative explanation as to why it's him specifically and not ATJ who showed up.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Didn't think of that at all. How the hell did the US government get his body. This seems like a huge over sight from Steve or Black Widow unless they got the body literally right after the compound was blown up b/c the Avengers were in disarray.
Well I think Monica's mom was the head of SWORD and she died 3 years before WandaVision, so it's possible they were holding his body altruistically. But when Hayward took over he started dissecting it.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I really think the only 2 options for a big bad are Agatha Harkness or Nightmare.
Or someone we've seen before like Ultron, Dormammu or Sword itself I guess.

I just can't buy them going for Mephisto at all in the MCU...it just feels like such a leap for most audiences.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Just started watching this show. Two episodes in. I guess it needs some build up as I don't get it at all. Some survey of American sitcom styles?

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
god damn wasn't planning on watching this but I saw in a photo they brought in the Fox X-Men? might have to sigh
Depending on how you read it, it might not be the big cross over you are expecting. The show is quite good though. My wife and I are enjoying the mystery episode to episode and its exciting to watch (takes a few episodes to get what they are going for though)

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
god damn wasn't planning on watching this but I saw in a photo they brought in the Fox X-Men? might have to sigh
That's a jump, it's not yet clear if that is the case. If you didn't have a reason to watch before I wouldn't start now just for that thinking that will happen.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind people not liking the show, but not liking the sitcom stuff just makes me actively sad

It's so perfect and unique

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Just started watching this show. Two episodes in. I guess it needs some build up as I don't get it at all. Some survey of American sitcom styles?
Don't read this thread until you've caught up to at least Ep 5, but keep watching. It goes places.
The first two episodes are the driest of the bunch, but they're necessary for setting up the story in later episodes.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard there have been episode 7 leaks. I'm not asking for a single detail of what happens, but I'm curious if people seem up or down on them.

Last edited: