• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're not... I made the same point in the FWS thread and then it was pointed out they're just ape skulls (a behind the scenes set photo was posted which clearly shows this).

DAMNIT. I legit had a huge prediction/theory formulating connecting end of Far from Home to Secret Invasion that hinged on greater Skrull knowledge (and hunting of Skrulls by humans)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vision 'absorb' Ultron at the end of AoU? Maybe SWORD didn't want to weaponize Vision per se; They want to extract Ultron from Vision's remnants. For an organization focused on countering space threats, an AI made by the late Tony Stark in a paranoid state of mind seems like a holy grail.

SWORD absolutely wouldn't trust the Ultron AI, given the way Hayward obviously feels about supers. They would want to mass produce BLANK Visions that blindly follow orders, not create another Ultron that would inevitably, if not instantly, go rogue and try to murder all life on the planet again.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That's another fair point. The only other idea would be to have them be backup for the Avengers, though I seriously doubt that they would introduce Sentinels in that way. To be honest, I always thought the idea of "They're using Vision's corpse as a prototype for Sentinels" was a bit of a leap, but they do seem to be building something from his corpse. My comic book knowledge is limited, so I wouldn't know what that would be.
It was called the Iron Legion. It was Tony's flawed idea and in the MCU it's how we got Vision.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I imagine the idea SWORD wants is, like...a perfect army of Visions that just follow orders and do what they're told, rather than autonomous synthezoids with feelings and opinions and the ability to question the judgment of their creators.

Basically, my guess is that Hayward wants to redo Stark's "suit of armor for the world" concept, but without the risk of an AI that can go rogue and become a new Ultron. Drones, rather than independent robots.
So Mandroids

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Do you want your Mk1's, Mk2's, Mk3's, AA, or EMH versions?(personally I totally expect the Mandroid armor to show up in Armor wars, too obvious a pick. Question is will Detroit steel, Stingray and the guardsmen show up?)

latest

latest

latest

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe Pietro was sent into the multiverse by Professor X in his reality.

My multiverse theory: Wanda's shenanigans opened a door to the FOX X-Men Universe, whether intentionally or subconsciously doesn't matter at the moment.

Charles chose Pietro because of his obvious connection to Wanda. He shielded Pietro as much as he could, but perhaps there's still some wibbly wobbly interference because multiverse travel.

The plan was for Pietro to go there, find out what happened and why, and return as soon as he could. None of them suspected the weird television show mindfuckery, so Pietro is just rolling with it, while also fishing for information.

Ok, enough of that silliness. In truth, I think the simplest explanation is the easiest: That's not Pietro, but it's also not necessarily Mephisto. I don't think Mephisto would be asking Wanda "how did you do it," if he was the true mastermind.

Granted, another simple explanation is that it is Pietro from the FOX universe, but due to multiverse travel fuckery, he and MCU Pietro's consciousnesses got scrambled. Possibly why he also has a different face: Wanda subconsciously manifested the only living Quicksilver she could from the multiverse, and pulled him into her reality. It just so happened to be mutant Pietro from another world.

Ultimately, I don't even care at this point. This show is awesome, and I'm just enjoying the ride. 😂

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
If all this set up leads to some villain that has never been mentioned before in the MCU and only means anything to comic nerds then this show will have botched its potential 100%.

Whatever happens in the final eps will have to mean something to people that know nothing about comics outside of this universe, and I'm sure the writers know that.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
That is a good idea. But like I said earlier there aren't a lot of enhanced humans in the MCU.

There is Cap, Spidey, Wanda, Pietro (who is dead) and if your are being mean, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Nuke, Jessica Jones and Patsy.

That isn't enough fear to create killer robots.

Also everyone... Read What If? Civil War. Sentinels show up and its good.
Most of these assholes don't need indestructible killer robots and can be taken out by some drones

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vision 'absorb' Ultron at the end of AoU? Maybe SWORD didn't want to weaponize Vision per se; They want to extract Ultron from Vision's remnants. For an organization focused on countering space threats, an AI made by the late Tony Stark in a paranoid state of mind seems like a holy grail.
He didn't absorb as much locked him out of the internet so he couldn't escape to the internet and come back and so the Avengers killing the drones means more than a cgi mess as he could only use his own drones on sokovia
Vision after having the best scene in the movie with ultron presumably killed the last drone and Ultron code for good

Though it was offscreen and they could always bullshit that Ultron had a hidden drone as a backup

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Do you want your Mk1's, Mk2's, Mk3's, AA, or EMH versions?(personally I totally expect the Mandroid armor to show up in Armor wars, too obvious a pick. Question is will Detroit steel, Stingray and the guardsmen show up?)
We ain't gettin' no live action Mandroid's! You'll get stock generic power armor and Super Adaptoid and you'll like it!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If all this set up leads to some villain that has never been mentioned before in the MCU and only means anything to comic nerds then this show will have botched its potential 100%.

Whatever happens in the final eps will have to mean something to people that know nothing about comics outside of this universe, and I'm sure the writers know that.
So this basically:
vga0LPz.jpg

Nah let them do something new and interesting. It's setting up the future of the series following Endgame, let's not just bring back a random villain for no reason like Red Skull.

Also the bit about it meaning something only to comic nerds is ridiculous lol, that would apply to nearly everything. We can't ever have stuff from the comics because it's only there to appeal to nerds?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
So this basically:
vga0LPz.jpg

Nah let them do something new and interesting. It's setting up the future of the series following Endgame, let's not just bring back a random villain for no reason like Red Skull.

Also the bit about it meaning something only to comic nerds is ridiculous lol, that would apply to nearly everything. We can't ever have stuff from the comics because it's only there to appeal to nerds?

Then it goes the other way of this shit sucks because it's not comics accurate.

I trust whatever they're doing. They haven't let me down yet with a mix of both accuracy and inaccuracy. They got people to know who fucking Thanos is for god's sake.

Nomujoa

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe Pietro was sent into the multiverse by Professor X in his reality.

My multiverse theory: Wanda's shenanigans opened a door to the FOX X-Men Universe, whether intentionally or subconsciously doesn't matter at the moment.

Charles chose Pietro because of his obvious connection to Wanda. He shielded Pietro as much as he could, but perhaps there's still some wibbly wobbly interference because multiverse travel.

The plan was for Pietro to go there, find out what happened and why, and return as soon as he could. None of them suspected the weird television show mindfuckery, so Pietro is just rolling with it, while also fishing for information.

Ok, enough of that silliness. In truth, I think the simplest explanation is the easiest: That's not Pietro, but it's also not necessarily Mephisto. I don't think Mephisto would be asking Wanda "how did you do it," if he was the true mastermind.

Granted, another simple explanation is that it is Pietro from the FOX universe, but due to multiverse travel fuckery, he and MCU Pietro's consciousnesses got scrambled. Possibly why he also has a different face: Wanda subconsciously manifested the only living Quicksilver she could from the multiverse, and pulled him into her reality. It just so happened to be mutant Pietro from another world.

Ultimately, I don't even care at this point. This show is awesome, and I'm just enjoying the ride. 😂

I would think the easiest explanation is that it's MCU Pietro - it's just like they said - Wanda recast him using another actor. The fact that it's Fox's Quicksilver is a misdirect, and it might just be really that simple [much like the reason why the drone was turned into a toy was due to Props]. Pietro asking questions that audience are wondering I felt played into the 4th wall breaking mechanics of the this weeks shows format - or that of the 'special guest star' what was always used to pull the narrative along in a meaingful way in the timeperiod. I just feel like the narrative is 'adapting' to Wanda to keep her in this reality - while pushing her to expand the HEX [possibly to cover the planet?]

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think assuming that Pietro is played by Evan Peters just as a gag to the audience and a reference is weirdly cynical. There is no way that they would do something that important just as an in-joke for fans

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
He didn't absorb as much locked him out of the internet so he couldn't escape to the internet and come back and so the Avengers killing the drones means more than a cgi mess as he could only use his own drones on sokovia
Vision after having the best scene in the movie with ultron presumably killed the last drone and Ultron code for good

Though it was offscreen and they could always bullshit that Ultron had a hidden drone as a backup
I always read the fact that Ultron was killed by Vision off screen left the door open for him to be absorbed, especially with the way we hear and see the energy in the distance and because Vision says he doesn't want to kill Ultron because he's unique. Banner name dropping Ultron as being part of Vision's psyche doesn't confirm that (since he wouldn't know what happened), but it also gives them another reason to just say that Ultron was a part of him all along, which actually makes more sense than Banner and even Tony being a part of his consciousness because Ultron at least had partially uploaded his mind into him.

But then there was also this:

iu

If I gotta guess, Marvel is knocking on a very particular door.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I always read the fact that Ultron was killed by Vision off screen left the door open for him to be absorbed, especially with the way we hear and see the energy in the distance and because Vision says he doesn't want to kill Ultron because he's unique. Banner name dropping Ultron as being part of Vision's psyche doesn't confirm that (since he wouldn't know what happened), but it also gives them another reason to just say that Ultron was a part of him all along, which actually makes more sense than Banner and even Tony being a part of his consciousness because Ultron at least had partially uploaded his mind into him.

But then there was also this:

iu

If I gotta guess, Marvel is knocking on a very particular door.
Even if it's bullshit i would like Ultron to return he was wasted potential and needed more than he got
I don't want them to turn him to robot loki but an Annihilation or Ultron Imperative would be cool

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My bets are on if Mephisto happens, it's the post-credits reveal for the show and a tease for other MCU shows and films coming up that Mephisto will be a recurring threat. The only way this isn't is if Episode 7 drops some very heavy hints towards Mephisto (And considering we've been seeing Project Cataract as the mysterious thing, I'm doubting that)

Also if we do get around to Thunderbolts, they will be a brand new team with a different name, and then later another character finds a hidden file labeled as "Operation Thunderbolt" and contain the screenshots of the new team, before they realize "Oh no" and then the reveal happens. The Thunderbolts reveal doesn't work if you call them Thunderbolts out of the gate now.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
If this leads into Spider-Man 3 and the rumored multiverse thing is true than there's no way that isn't the real FOX universe Quicksilver. I wonder if the huge cameo isn't another member of the X-Men but another Spider-Man like Toby

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Today's shower thoughts:

I can buy Wanda doing all of this. She's in a dark place and it's not like her, but taking into account grief, trauma, depression, rage, and burgeoning powers unknown to her, I can buy it.

What I can't buy is her calmly driving to a town with a dead Vision in the trunk, with the intent to use everyone as puppets. That requires a cold edge we've never seen in the character before.

So therefore I am under the impression that what happened at Westview, happened inadvertently, rather than with premeditation. Which brings up the question again: why Westview? Why did she go there? Is the town actually a cover for an underground complex or some shady shit?

We'll see the inciting incident in a flashback no doubt. Though I am smiling at the thought of Wanda driving a car with a corpse in the trunk, muttering crazily to herself.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Today's shower thoughts:

I can buy Wanda doing all of this. She's in a dark place and it's not like her, but taking into account grief, trauma, depression, rage, and burgeoning powers unknown to her, I can buy it.

What I can't buy is her calmly driving to a town with a dead Vision in the trunk, with the intent to use everyone as puppets. That requires a cold edge we've never seen in the character before.

So therefore I am under the impression that what happened at Westview, happened inadvertently, rather than with premeditation. Which brings up the question again: why Westview? Why did she go there? Is the town actually a cover for an underground complex or some shady shit?

We'll see the inciting incident in a flashback no doubt. Though I am smiling at the thought of Wanda driving a car with a corpse in the trunk, muttering crazily to herself.

I also feel it's gonna be important who told her that Vision's corpse was at the SWORD building. She walked in there knowing exactly what was up.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet because I'm moving and have no internet. Is this a limited series or is it scheduled to have several seasons?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet because I'm moving and have no internet. Is this a limited series or is it scheduled to have several seasons?

This is the only season. It wouldn't really make sense for there to be more. I don't believe any of the Disney+ shows are intended to be more than one season since they all have the budget of a movie but are cut into weekly chunks so not everything needs to be released theatrically.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One season. There may well be further, other Marvel shows later on with some or all of the cast, but it will presumably not be branded "Wandavision season 2".

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This is the only season. It wouldn't really make sense for there to be more. I don't believe any of the Disney+ shows are intended to be more than one season since they all have the budget of a movie but are cut into weekly chunks so not everything needs to be released theatrically.
Marvel movies got sequel/trilogy though. season 2 is basically the sequel movie cut into another season of tv. Although it's hard to think Wandavision getting a sequel because I'm not sure Vision is making it out of this season. We don't have news about Paul Bettany showing up in Dr Strange 2, are we?