• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Someone brought up Ultron making an appearance and although its more unlikely as time goes on it'd be nice to see a bit of him in this series

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only likely people to show up are Doctor Strange and Hawkeye. Strange may notice an extradimensional anomaly engufling a large part of New Jersey. Hawkeye has a history with Wanda, but how would he hear about what's happening?

They're the two people that Monica, Darcy and Woo would be least likely to call. Its

I can see Clint getting involved because he's doing whatever with Kate Bishop and they find out something is going on in New Jersey. Maybe they're hacking SWORD databases when Clint finds out they had Vision all this time and were experimenting on his corpse but Wanda broke in and took it back. It'd be like a conveniently placed backdoor pilot, except more like a teaser for the show we know is (I think?) coming later this year.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Not gonna lie the *Ad's* in Wandavision are really something else tbh.

Lots to decode here.

4HCjoAm.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want more seasons of Wandvision at all.

I would happily take more seasons of Woo and Darcy bumbling their way around weird events though.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I can see Clint getting involved because he's doing whatever with Kate Bishop and they find out something is going on in New Jersey. Maybe they're hacking SWORD databases when Clint finds out they had Vision all this time and were experimenting on his corpse but Wanda broke in and took it back. It'd be like a conveniently placed backdoor pilot, except more like a teaser for the show we know is (I think?) coming later this year.

That's definitely a possibility. But i think they're saving that for Falcon & Winter Soldier prob

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely a possibility. But i think they're saving that for Falcon & Winter Soldier prob

Nah, if they're teasing anything with that show it's the Thunderbolts. There's really no other reason to bring Zemo back since he actually won and successfully destroyed the Avengers.

The only reason I can think he'd show up again is if he's going to lead the Thunderbolts.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
They're fun as side characters, but they're not interesting enough to carry a whole show imo.
I agree. I love Monica and Woo, and I tolerate Darcy here more than I did in the Thor movies, but I think they work well as side characters. I'd love to see them pop up as a team in future movies - whether that's Ant-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, or some of the shows, but I'm not sure interesting an Agents of SWORD type show would be without any superheroes.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nah, if they're teasing anything with that show it's the Thunderbolts. There's really no other reason to bring Zemo back since he actually won and successfully destroyed the Avengers.

The only reason I can think he'd show up again is if he's going to lead the Thunderbolts.
I can't see MCU Zemo leading Thunderbolt. He hate super powered being, he spent all his time trying to destroy Avengers. He's not going to be leading any super powered team after that.

From the trailer and what we know of US Agent, it's more likely that US government is working on super soldier serum again for US Agent, and Zemo will probably team up with Falcom and Bucky to destroy those instead.

Oct 27, 2017
This has probably been asked.. but based on what I have seen from Marvel superhero characters in movies both Fox and MCU.. is Wanda stronger than Phoenix?

Nov 27, 2020
I agree. I love Monica and Woo, and I tolerate Darcy here more than I did in the Thor movies, but I think they work well as side characters. I'd love to see them pop up as a team in future movies - whether that's Ant-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, or some of the shows, but I'm not sure interesting an Agents of SWORD type show would be without any superheroes.
An Agents of SWORD show on D+ could actually fulfill the promise that Agents of SHIELD had when it started. SHIELD started with the whole "#ITSALLCONNECTED" stuff, and then for most of the first season the connections were limited to mentions of the Battle of New York and the lame "man, Thor was here and you JUST missed him" tie-in. The Winter Soldier tie-in was handled far better, and was where that series found it's stride, but it was always dogged with a "will they, won't they" feeling of whether or not the movies would actually mention the show instead of it being a one-way street.

I don't see the D+ series being a one-way street at all. They're important, they matter, and they're equal to the movies, as far as I can tell.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Oh shit lmao the Malcom in the Middle song lyrics actually make sense with Wandavision

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I can't see MCU Zemo leading Thunderbolt. He hate super powered being, he spent all his time trying to destroy Avengers. He's not going to be leading any super powered team after that.

From the trailer and what we know of US Agent, it's more likely that US government is working on super soldier serum again for US Agent, and Zemo will probably team up with Falcom and Bucky to destroy those instead.
I could see him believably moving from "I'll destroy the Avengers" to "I'll make a team that makes the Avengers obsolete".

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah Thunderbolts is going to be great.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Someone brought up Ultron making an appearance and although its more unlikely as time goes on it'd be nice to see a bit of him in this series
During the fight against Mephisto, he is going to use Pietro as a bludgeon on Wanda's emotion by having Pietro standing in front of her and then Mephisto (as Ultron) ripping Pietro in half as he steps through

tumblr_ntl5f8XykN1tlgqkgo7_r1_250.gif

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that the show will end with Wanda as the villain either, since that would be a pretty foul way to wrap up a story that is ultimately about Wanda's grief and how she's processing it. I do, however, think that the big superpower showdown at the end is going to be between Vision and Wanda. They teased that pretty strongly in episode 5, and the more Vision realizes what's going on, the more likely that becomes.

I am 100% on the side of thinking that there isn't a larger comic villain in the mix, or at least won't be the focus of the showdown in the last episode. If there is a Mephisto or someone else manipulating Wanda, that will be revealed as a tease at the end or post-credits. I don't expect all the loose ends to be wrapped up in this show - that's not the MCU way. I do expect that the final episode, while action packed, will focus more on the emotional fall-out with Wanda. That doesn't leave much room for the "big bad" to be revealed, given a backstory, motivations, and an explained power set in time to be emotionally relevant for what I expect to be the way this ends. That's why I think the showdown is between Wanda and Vision.

Of course, that could all change in the next episode, and if it's going to, it kind of needs to, if they're going to build to a satisfying climax.
The thing is, if the next 3 eps really are all an hour long that's more like six episodes worth of content. I imagine a lot could happen.

Nov 27, 2020
The thing is, if the next 3 eps really are all an hour long that's more like six episodes worth of content. I imagine a lot could happen.
Maybe. The heart of this story is Wanda's grief and how that relates to Vision and what SWORD was doing with him. Doing a 180 and introducing a new element such as a third party who is after…something…with powers to do…things…and is messing with Wanda for…a purpose, feels like a lot of ground to cover, even over three extra long episodes. There's already enough in play that needs addressing that introducing all those other elements runs the risk of turning the end of this series into a real mess. I hope I'm wrong if that's the direction that they're going to go.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want more seasons of Wandvision at all.

I would happily take more seasons of Woo and Darcy bumbling their way around weird events though.
I dunno... I kinda like how all the D+ shows announced thus far focus on actual superheroes. We got enough seasons of Agents of SHIELD and even that had to start including supers as main characters to keep people's interest.

Maybe. The heart of this story is Wanda's grief and how that relates to Vision and what SWORD was doing with him. Doing a 180 and introducing a new element such as a third party who is after…something…with powers to do…things…and is messing with Wanda for…a purpose, feels like a lot of ground to cover, even over three extra long episodes. There's already enough in play that needs addressing that introducing all those other elements runs the risk of turning the end of this series into a real mess. I hope I'm wrong if that's the direction that they're going to go.
Cliffhanger ending isn't out of the question. We know WandaVision ties directly into the next Doctor Strange, which was supposed to release just months after the show ended. I'm expecting the "big bad" reveal to come near the very end and not be resolved until Multiverse of Madness.

Nov 27, 2020
I dunno... I kinda like how all the D+ shows announced thus far focus on actual superheroes. We got enough seasons of Agents of SHIELD and even that had to start including supers as main characters to keep people's interest.

Cliffhanger ending isn't out of the question. We know WandaVision ties directly into the next Doctor Strange, which was supposed to release just months after the show ended. I'm expecting the "big bad" reveal to come near the very end and not be resolved until Multiverse of Madness.
That's basically what I said up thread. I expect the big superpower showdown to actually be between Wanda and Vision, because that's the most emotional and impactful fight they could have in the series, and they've been building up to that. Then, in a post-credits tease, we find out that there was someone in the town who winds up being a villain in MoM. Again, I could be wrong, but outside of little dialogue teases that could be nothing, there's no hint that the hex is anything more than Wanda playing herself in her grief.

EDIT: That said, what I'm thinking isn't an outright cliffhanger. The "big bad", if you can call it that, is Wanda and her loss of control in her grief. There could be another villain teased at the end who will pay off later.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Feige has said that the shows are basically treated like long MCU movies that are split into episodes, and MCU films have proper endings (outside of Infinity War for obvious reasons). I'm sure there will be hints of what's to come later like in every non-Iron Man 3 MCU film (possibly in a post credits scene in the last episode?) but I will be very surprised if the show ends on an outright cliffhanger.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Here's my reason why I think QS is the Fox QS.... it's the accent. Even if Mephisto had to change bodies why not change accents too. My theory is Mephisto grabbed the QS from the Fox universe because the MCU QS is dead and as Wanda said she can't bring back dead people. I do think QS is being controlled though, like everyone else.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

Idk.... the whole point of the Thunderbolts was to trick people into thinking a bunch of villains were heroes and kind of undercut the avengers. I could see him doing it if it was presented right.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
If the last 3 episodes are an hour long as rumored, it's crazy to think that means we're only at the halfway mark in the show.

Easily enough time to introduce a big bad and other crazy stuff.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Idk.... the whole point of the Thunderbolts was to trick people into thinking a bunch of villains were heroes and kind of undercut the avengers. I could see him doing it if it was presented right.
but Zemo didn't just hate Avengers. he hate super powered people, which is why he took the trouble to find the rest of Hydra's super soldier program and killed them all while still in hibernation.

if any, he probably hate Hydra and supervillain even more than the Avengers.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
but Zemo didn't just hate Avengers. he hate super powered people, which is why he took the trouble to find the rest of Hydra's super soldier program and killed them all while still in hibernation.

if any, he probably hate Hydra and supervillain even more than the Avengers.
I could kinda see him finding a bunch of supers, making his own team, then sabotaging them all to die in a tragic accident.

I don't know WHAT they'll be doing with Zemo, but I'm excited to see it unfold.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

We know that? I didn't know that...

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I could kinda see him finding a bunch of supers, making his own team, then sabotaging them all to die in a tragic accident.

I don't know WHAT they'll be doing with Zemo, but I'm excited to see it unfold.
Thunderbolt Ross: I want you to lead this group of supervillains and pretend to be superheroes

Zemo: sure...

(send them to suicide mission where they all died one after another)