• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Im not going to bring up the X-men thing again (im in the hex will cause it camp) but can we actually keep Evan Peters in the MCU? At this point I dont care if he just ends up being some villian i just love him being around.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The actual big bad in Wandavision coming to Westview next episode saying his famous line
"No more sorcerers witches!"
iu

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I know we don't know Hayward's full intentions yet but did anyone else not like Monica going " Just because you lived during the blip doesn't give you the right to act like a coward" . I mean, she wasn't there lol, the people who actually lived were all deeply affected by it. We get a taste in Endgame where some can't even go on dates without breaking down crying. If you're a government agency, wouldn't you do whatever you feel is necessary to prevent something of that nature happening again, even if it means going against a superhero and probably losing?

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I know we don't know Hayward's full intentions yet but did anyone else not like Monica going " Just because you lived during the blip doesn't give you the right to act like a coward" . I mean, she wasn't there lol, the people who actually lived were all deeply affected by it. We get a taste in Endgame where some can't even go on dates without breaking down crying. If you're a government agency, wouldn't you do whatever you feel is necessary to prevent something of that nature happening again, even if it means going against a superhero and probably losing?

I'm curious of what is known. The Avengers or what was left of them had to tell world governments something to explain the 50% cut and come back. What did they tell them about how Thanos was able to do this. Did they tell them that the means of doing it are gone forever?

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious of what is known. The Avengers or what was left of them had to tell world governments something to explain the 50% cut and come back. What did they tell them about how Thanos was able to do this. Did they tell them that the means of doing it are gone forever?
No way to know unless they explicitly tell us, which I doubt they'd do. Although if the world governments knew of magic stones that together could do functionally anything, they'd probably wanna keep that shit, so I think it's unlikely The avengers told them how Thanos did it and that it won't happen again

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
btw what footage is in the trailers which has not shown yet? Because I have the feeling this scene will be the most emotional and sad scene to the series

1f9fdf98f3a647848464184fc5878d90.gif
So we have:

-That "Wanda, welcome home" scene
-The above "Vision residence?" in a TV, while Wanda and Vision are seemingly transported into the 50's scene
- The "This is our home" "Then let's fight for it" scene, where Wanda is afterwards flying.
- One scene where Agnes is entering the house "Hiya kiddo" in singular, most likely for the episode set in the Modern Family era.
- The one where Wanda transforms her furniture.
- "A case of the Monday, amirite?" Where Wanda is talking to the camera.
- Another one where the house is losing its wallpaper :v
- One where Westview square is transformed by a power wave (Could be a flashback)
- The scene where she is in in her Winter Soldier attire looking at the Mind Gem.

Any other? 🤔

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what we are getting next week. My wife and I theorized that it will be a mockumentary a la The Office or Modern Family.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely know how to up the stakes with each episode, the cliffhanger was such a tease.

Pietro is definitely extremely suspicious. Loved the commercial in this one, it was so convincing at first that I thought Disney+ was suddenly interjecting ads and then the dark way it ends was just perfect.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Im not going to bring up the X-men thing again (im in the hex will cause it camp) but can we actually keep Evan Peters in the MCU? At this point I dont care if he just ends up being some villian i just love him being around.
As I keep saying they could make him a version of speed demon, the villainous speedster who comes from another more dangerous dimension to take it easy here. Member of the Thunderbolts too

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
The beginning was a very slow burn but picked up when they introduced the outside world.

I'm just glad they're finally giving a background to Scarlet Witch (that's her codename damn it!).

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I keep saying they could make him a version of speed demon, the villainous speedster who comes from another more dangerous dimension to take it easy here. Member of the Thunderbolts too

I must admit, I do like the idea that these Disney+ shows are doing the reverse of the Avengers thing. As in, whereas each movie introduced a new Avenger and culminated in the first Avengers movie, they'd instead introduce a member of the Thunderbolts to be recruited by General Ross and eventually culminate in the bad guy version of the first Avengers movie.

🤔

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
The thing is, Blade is coming to the MCU sooner than later. And OG Ghost Rider is inevitable. They're going to get into vampires, ghosts, demons one way or another. So concepts like Mephisto gotta start dropping.

Really, we have malicious extra-dimensional forces thanks to the Dark Dimension in Doctor Strange. We have seen spirits via astral projection, which was very emphasized. I think it's actually quite time for a specific evil personality to show up, since Dormammu hasn't fully stepped up just yet.
Agreed. Even if they don't go full on reveal, at least expanding on the concept of the multiverse/other realms like the Dark Dimension to set up demons, Nightmare, Mephisto etc would be great for building out the world.
My thought is that Wanda can't create life out of nothing. She needed Vision's body to bring him back, but didn't obviously have Pietro's body. She pulled him from the X-men universe at a similar age as her own brother (which is why he looks the same as he did in the 80s in the X-men universe), but altered his memories like she's done with everyone else in the town. However, like with Vision, he has some measure of free will. It will be REALLY interesting if Vision does his mind touch thing to Pietro…and what he might talk about.
I think that's the actual body of Fox's Quicksilver but he's possessed by Miphesto so it's the mind of Miphesto. Once the possession is over we'll get actual Quicksilver.
I'm hoping for some version of this; bringing in Evan Peters to play Pietro/Quicksilver, not really loljk, is something they could do here but I'd love to see this be XMen QS.
So has anyone speculated that Wanda's hex field messing up the DNA of Rambeaux is how mutants get made in the MCU? Or is that way off?
I hope they don't do this, honestly. Being a weird divergent/incursion point between universes, and going through the barrier multiple times giving some people like Monica powers? I'm totally cool with that. But I'm all for mutants being a natural part of humanities evolution and it freaking the majority of people the hell out.
Yes, please. He's a joy to watch.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I think it's fine. I was making commentary on the artificial delineation between movies and film when Marvel is making content that is blurring the line more than ever between the two.

Yep, these Disney+ shows are not supposed to be like AoS or the Netflix shows, where even if they were allowed to be 100% canon, there would still be this clear balance where the movies take more than they give (i.e. seeing an Avenger appear in a TV show would ordinarily be extremely unlikely, if impossible)

These shows are supposed to be just as important as the movies, and we see that through their budget, their casts, etc.

It's one thing to not believe the theories of stuff like mutants or Mephisto, but I disagree with those that are doing out of a belief that they're too important for a TV show to reveal. Not anymore, not for what these shows are supposed to be. Nothing should be off the table if they're serious about this.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm hoping for some version of this; bringing in Evan Peters to play Pietro/Quicksilver, not really loljk, is something they could do here but I'd love to see this be XMen QS.

I think Figie likes Evan Peter's Quicksilver. I think he'll use Wandavison and Multiverse to bring through any actors he thinks were right for the role (or are still wanting to do the role) and recast everyone else as MCU versions.

We have already seen that Thanos' snap (and presumably re-snap) causes huge amounts of cosmic radiation. The mind stones radiation could have unlocked Wanda and Pietro's X Gene (recon) and the cosmic radiation from The Snap-back could have activated people's X-Genes.

I still think they'll introduce the Weapon Plus program in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and SWORD may have something to do with it. Or a cell of Hydra.

Jul 10, 2020
I wonder what we are getting next week. My wife and I theorized that it will be a mockumentary a la The Office or Modern Family.

Episode 7 - Modern Family-era Sitcom. Last sitcom episode.
Episode 8 - Flashback episode (This is how it happened episode)
Episode 9 - Big Fight episode. Ending probably sets up Doctor Strange 2 as the interviews say.

But that's just a theory. A WANDAVISION theory.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wait a second, thought here,(not spoilers but some thoughts) we know all the weird stuff that happens is cut out of the in universe broadcast right? So the broadcast sitcom is Wanda's Dream life, family, friends life in a normal town, but then we have the ads, they start more subtle but each one is Wanda's trauma, or rather Nightmares breaking the illusion, and as the dream becomes more distorted the ads get more blatant and disturbing... until the nightmare takes over the dream.

Ok I think I'm on team Nightmare now especially since this leads into multiverse of madness

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Wait a second, thought here,(not spoilers but some thoughts) we know all the weird stuff that happens is cut out of the in universe broadcast right? So the broadcast sitcom is Wanda's Dream life, family, friends life in a normal town, but then we have the ads, they start more subtle but each one is Wanda's trauma, or rather Nightmares breaking the illusion, and as the dream becomes more distorted the ads get more blatant and disturbing... until the nightmare takes over the dream.

Ok I think I'm on team Nightmare now especially since this leads into multiverse of madness

I know Derrickson wanted to use Nightmare but maybe after Raimi took over they decided to go with Mephisto. I thought it was Nightmare until it became apparent that Wanda was actually awake the whole time and not dreaming this stuff up.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
I'm leaning towards nightmare over merphisto, as all the devil references seem a little too on the nose. But it might be an amalgamation of the two. I hope 🙏 its dottie because she is an amazing actor.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
PEOPLE AREN'T FOCUSING ON DOTTIE JONES. She's not on the board, and they're putting all the focus on Quicksilver and Agnes. Suspicious.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's also interesting that Pietro says Wanda kept every family together, minimal change in their personalities, and better jobs.

However we see Dottie's husband losing his job in the first episode 🤔

Maybe that's his payment for marrying Mephisto.

Jul 10, 2020
I too am in the Nightmare over Mephisto camp for several reasons:

- Mephisto isn't a "marketable" character in parts of the world (Dumb reason but I stick too it)
- Nightmare was the original villain for DS2
- ????

Okay it turns out it was two reasons.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Maybe QS costume in the last episode while being a nod to the classic comic costume the hair was actually two devil horns .

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I think Wanda and Vision were boring in the movies and I don't really like them. Could care less about their "marriage life".
Should I still watch this as someone who enjoyed the movies? Like is there enough mystery going around?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I'd argue the residence of westview are in a dream like state.

True 👍

Who would we cast as Brashear? Denzel Washington?

Probably someone younger, if he's only currently known as an aerospace engineer. Unless Monica is being coy about who this guy is. I have a feeling they'd cast a younger lesser known actor for this role and build him up over time rather than having Blue Marvel show up in all his glory (but if that is what they're doing hell yeah I'd want Denzel)

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Youtube algorithm recommended to me a clip from some Xmen movie I've never seen and now I know who Quicksilver is lol.

Jul 10, 2020
I really think people expecting Mephisto are going to be disappointed, and then blame the show for it.

Let Mephisto go. He isn't going to happen on Wandavision.

Eventually, but not Wandavision.

Jul 10, 2020
Youtube algorithm recommended to me a clip from some Xmen movie I've never seen and now I know who Quicksilver is lol.

Was it X-Men Apocalypse? Because if it was, it's not even Quicksilver's best scene in that film franchise. X-Men: Days of Future's Past has a MUCH better Quicksilver scene.

The one in X-Men: Apocalypse tried to hard to recreate DoFP.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yep the trailers showed a Modern Family vibe for the last sitcom ep

oh, I didn't even realize they put up ads for the next episode. Cool, fuess

Episode 7 - Modern Family-era Sitcom. Last sitcom episode.
Episode 8 - Flashback episode (This is how it happened episode)
Episode 9 - Big Fight episode. Ending probably sets up Doctor Strange 2 as the interviews say.

But that's just a theory. A WANDAVISION theory.

I would be happy with that

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Wanda and Vision were boring in the movies and I don't really like them. Could care less about their "marriage life".
Should I still watch this as someone who enjoyed the movies? Like is there enough mystery going around?

People who didn't care about Wanda and/or Vision ended up caring a lot about Wanda and/or Vision (especially Vision) because of this show.

Oct 25, 2017
Is each episode 1 real-time day? Has the town only been taken over for 5ish days? Or a bit more because there needed time for the missing persons report for the fbi to show up?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
True 👍

Probably someone younger, if he's only currently known as an aerospace engineer. Unless Monica is being coy about who this guy is. I have a feeling they'd cast a younger lesser known actor for this role and build him up over time rather than having Blue Marvel show up in all his glory (but if that is what they're doing hell yeah I'd want Denzel)
You mean like Wendell Vaughn(Quasar) as a background character in winter soldier?

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
85c680ba-6803-4d30-b430-94b102bfef48-3794898-9commercial.jpg

The Yo-Magic commercial made me think of some of the darker Tim & Eric skits.

Definitely thinking it's suggesting that *something* is feeding off of Wanda's magic. My shot in the dark is that Nightmare is feeding off of the dream state that Wanda is putting the people in.