• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer an explanation without the devil, honest, seems a bit random to put in an MCU tv show, but...
...Okay so when Quicksilver, Bobby, and Tommy, are pranking everyone, behind Wanda is a prop that has a suspiciously-out-of-place mask that's creepier than the dollar store costumes that everyone else uses.

I have no follow-up to this, just something that stuck out to me on rewatch.
wtf.jpg

Now that you mention it, it's kinda ominous when pointed out...

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So my current theory about Quicksilver is one I haven't seen said so I'll share.

He's our (MCU) Pietro, just with his soul in another body.

He remembers dying. He remembers his actual past. He tell Wanda "I got shot like a chump on the street for no reason at all, and the next thing I know I heard you calling me."

(BTW Pietro is was almost like you were killed nonsensically for cheap drama because that's the only trick the writer/director of Age of Ultron actually knows)

We know why Vision looks like Vision. She had his body, taken from SWORD HQ. But she doesn't have Pietro's, he was most likely buried in Sokovia. But as she lost control of her fantasy she called for help subconsciously. And so her brother came running, as he is want to do.

He's aware of the situation because she called for his help to keep this dream alive so the hex filled him in and told him the part he was supposed to play.

Why doesn't Vision remember but Pietro does? Because the Mind Stone that was the core of Vision's essence was destroyed and his memories with them. Then why does he still act like Vision? Because "If we take out the stone there still a white lot of Vision left."

The thing is, Blade is coming to the MCU sooner than later. And OG Ghost Rider is inevitable. They're going to get into vampires, ghosts, demons one way or another. So concepts like Mephisto gotta start dropping.

Really, we have malicious extra-dimensional forces thanks to the Dark Dimension in Doctor Strange. We have seen spirits via astral projection, which was very emphasized. I think it's actually quite time for a specific evil personality to show up, since Dormammu hasn't fully stepped up just yet.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Tracking decaying Vibranium. . . Is Vibranium radioactive in the MCU and is it the source of the towns radiation?

Nov 27, 2017
California
I wonder how Darcy will look in Wanda world

Shield/Sword / etc want Vibranium because they are shook of the next thanos x probably how thunderbolts happen, Ross and Zemo want their squad to have vibranium

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
So my current theory about Quicksilver is one I haven't seen said so I'll share.

He's our (MCU) Pietro, just with his soul in another body.

He remembers dying. He remembers his actual past. He tell Wanda "I got shot like a chump on the street for no reason at all, and the next thing I know I heard you calling me."

(BTW Pietro is was almost like you were killed nonsensically for cheap drama because that's the only trick the writer/director of Age of Ultron actually knows)

I think this falls apart for three reasons.

First, he doesn't actually show any direct knowledge of their childhood together. He evades when she asks him about their youth together. When he suggests a story of their youth (trick or treating in Sokovia), she has no memory of it and it's played off like a joke.

Secondly, while we know on a meta level that his death was really cheap, in universe he sacrificed himself to save Hawkeye and a child. I doubt the real Quicksilver would have such a callous view of his own sacrifice.

Last, the phrase "Your dead husband can't die twice". Not only does this indicate he has knowledge of what happened after his own death, but it's such a wildly cruel statement to make to Wanda. That's completely out of character for him.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Darcy will probably be incorporated into the circus.
Worst case, a sideshow
Best case, the ringmaster

next is 00s and her show was in that time
2 broke girls reunion

Ah it was 2011 when it premiered so maybe not

It's Modern Family. Like the 80s-90s episode from #5, they have leeway.

It's likely Vision will find her and save her and she'll join in with Team Wanda but things will be shaky

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Pietro: "You handled the ethical considerations as best you could. You even gave people better jobs."

Mr. Hart: "Jones, you are fired for giving us a marvelous five course meal and string quartet music accompaniment because it would make a good sitcom gag."

No wonder Dottie doesn't like Wanda, she fired her husband while everyone else got better jobs. Dottie is for sure the big bad.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Wanda picked an awful spot because New York City is right there and Dr Strange won't let that Wanda barrier reach there

she should've picked middle of no where USA aka the mid west

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if their (SWORD/its leader's) aim is to bring Vision back to life just so that they can have the Mind Stone off of him.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It really does feel like this could tie into Doctor Strange 2, nor would I be surprised to see him make an appearance in the last episode of the season. This type of cosmic energy going batshit insane has to be giving him some kind of alertness to it.

As to the Pietro theory, if it was just MCUs Quicksilver that died and his soul went into someone else's body, wouldn't that mean bringing in Evan Peters to reprise the role was nothing more than fanservice? I can't imagine the show creators would ever do that to the fans unless it really is Mephisto.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
It really does feel like this could tie into Doctor Strange 2, nor would I be surprised to see him make an appearance in the last episode of the season. This type of cosmic energy going batshit insane has to be giving him some kind of alertness to it.

As to the Pietro theory, if it was just MCUs Quicksilver that died and his soul went into someone else's body, wouldn't that mean bringing in Evan Peters to reprise the role was nothing more than fanservice? I can't imagine the show creators would ever do that to the fans unless it really is Mephisto.
Clearly there's a reason for why he looks different from the MCU Pietro & they use Fox Quicksilver. It might just not be the "X-Men are coming into the MCU through an alternate timeline in Wandavision finale/Doctor Strange 2" level reason that the wildest dreams/speculations are anticipating.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I think this falls apart for three reasons.

First, he doesn't actually show any direct knowledge of their childhood together. He evades when she asks him about their youth together. When he suggests a story of their youth (trick or treating in Sokovia), she has no memory of it and it's played off like a joke.

Secondly, while we know on a meta level that his death was really cheap, in universe he sacrificed himself to save Hawkeye and a child. I doubt the real Quicksilver would have such a callous view of his own sacrifice.

Last, the phrase "Your dead husband can't die twice". Not only does this indicate he has knowledge of what happened after his own death, but it's such a wildly cruel statement to make to Wanda. That's completely out of character for him.
1. He makes a joke that leads to a flash back that is common in sitcoms of the era. He shows awareness that she was making up a scenario to try to trip him up and reveal him to be fake.

2. He messed up. He pushed Hawkeye and the child out of the way and stopped. He died for no reason because he was a "chump" ie foolish. He should have survived but instead messed up foolishly and died for no reason.

3. I sort of covered this. Her calling him fills him in on all that is going on. He knows his sister needs him and is filled in on what's going on and what his role to play is. So he's becomes aware that this is a reality of a wish her heart made.

His cruel line is out of character with either version of Pietro but perfectly fitting with his "role" of "Disapproving Brother-in-law". They even had a conversation before "in character" about how Pietro was disapproving because she "went full soccer mom."

Given her former TV show, a waitress?

She's probably going to be the Ringmaster of the circus since she has the most knowledge of the situation thus "in charge."

Pietro: "You handled the ethical considerations as best you could. You even gave people better jobs."

Mr. Hart: "Jones, you are fired for giving us a marvelous five course meal and string quartet music accompaniment because it would make a good sitcom gag."

No wonder Dottie doesn't like Wanda, she fired her husband while everyone else got better jobs. Dottie is for sure the big bad.

Dottie ain't a thing. She was a one shot cameo character per sitcom logic of the episode she appeared on.

Nov 27, 2020
Clearly there's a reason for why he looks different from the MCU Pietro & they use Fox Quicksilver. It might just not be the "X-Men are coming into the MCU through an alternate timeline in Wandavision finale/Doctor Strange 2" level reason that the wildest dreams/speculations are anticipating.
My thought is that Wanda can't create life out of nothing. She needed Vision's body to bring him back, but didn't obviously have Pietro's body. She pulled him from the X-men universe at a similar age as her own brother (which is why he looks the same as he did in the 80s in the X-men universe), but altered his memories like she's done with everyone else in the town. However, like with Vision, he has some measure of free will. It will be REALLY interesting if Vision does his mind touch thing to Pietro…and what he might talk about.

Jul 16, 2020
My thought is that Wanda can't create life out of nothing. She needed Vision's body to bring him back, but didn't obviously have Pietro's body. She pulled him from the X-men universe at a similar age as her own brother (which is why he looks the same as he did in the 80s in the X-men universe), but altered his memories like she's done with everyone else in the town. However, like with Vision, he has some measure of free will. It will be REALLY interesting if Vision does his mind touch thing to Pietro…and what he might talk about.
This is what I think too. I hope this is the case.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking this but then in this episode she saw his "corpse" pumped full of bullets. That didn't happen to Fox Peter.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It did? Lol, I was almost certain I was still young enough for it to have been the 90s when it started airing. Well, it's still a very 90s-feeling show.
I always know what year it came out because the opening sequence includes a clip from the Benoit v Bret Hart Owen Hart Memorial match from WCW which happened in 1999.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wanda picked an awful spot because New York City is right there and Dr Strange won't let that Wanda barrier reach there

she should've picked middle of no where USA aka the mid west
All the eldritch monsters and ancient evil society's dwell there, didn't you read Hyperion's trucker run? There's a reason Super heroes stick to the coasts the most dangerous stuff is in in land America in the marvel verse, and it doesn't like being disturbed

Nov 27, 2020
I was thinking this but then in this episode she saw his "corpse" pumped full of bullets. That didn't happen to Fox Peter.
That could just be her own mind (or someone else) playing tricks on her, just like when she saw zombie Vision. I don't think it's a coincidence that the two people she cared most about have died and come back, and she's responsible for both. I have a really hard time believing that they cast Evan Peters as just a (albeit cool) Easter egg. There's something going on here, and my hunch is that Multiverse of Madness will partially take place in the X-men universe…possibly because Doctor Strange shows up at the end of the season to take Pietro back home.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bit of this already showed up in the MCU previously, but with this series they've really turned the Vision into my favorite superhero archetype, the incorruptible titan. Much like Superman they've given us a character who's greatest power is that he overridingly understands how necessary it is to do the right thing, even if it costs you personally.

I mean, I get that that's the message a lot of superhero stories are about (including literally Spider-Man) but honestly? I like my characters better when they don't struggle, when they don't seriously consider (or even succumb to) temptation. That's what I find aspirational. To find out that the woman you love is building an entire world to make the two of you happy, that she's literally brought you back from the dead, and to not even hesitate before trying to break free anyway and implore anyone standing outside to help the people trapped on the inside
ive always really liked vision for this specific reason; he was like this in age of ultron but yeah this show is showing more of that side of him and i appreciate it greatly

chances are this is probably his last big appearance as this character, i cannot really see him surviving the events of the show as is although they'll probably try and keep his actor around in some form, whether thats white vision or something e
Show is too good and the comics can't compare.
def a bit of a take but i think in this specific instance this is easily the best wanda maximoff story because she's not just a catalyst for events and its actually written with her involvement and character in mind. vision had his series by tom king which is arguably pretty good and tackles a lot of the same ideas as wandavision. wanda hasn't had many great stories and a lot of them fall under the hysterical woman trope, which the series is more or less trying to make more or less some kind of sense out of it. whether it lands it it'd be pretty hard to tell but they keep it kind of purposefully mysterious as to how this even happened in the first place and it generally sees like wanda is trying to make the best out of a situation she knows now that she has control over but between sword and vision's general snoopiness as of late she's kind of losing control
im earnestly not sure what the intent with pietro is. the bullet holes scene is obviously a similar scene to dead vision from episode 4 but it's not her pietro and i very much doubt it's meant to be anything but her trauma visualized. it never happened to x-men pietro of course. but at the same time the way pietro acts in this episode is completely unlike any of the two quicksilvers, obviously to some extent this is the sitcom effect... but he has knowledge that vision is dead when he didn't even recognize him in the episode prior. but why even use the x-men actor if its not necessarily connected? the mcu has done this stunt before with J.J. Jameson, but that version was generally understood to be just the MCU version of that character and we didnt have a prior actor playing the role before... there's no real explict mention that this is the x-men quicksilver either in-show so i dont know if it's even a multiverse thing.

my head hurts.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
supposing that monica gets her powers from the hex, what kind of powers are going to activate with darcy lewis? she's never really been a comic character so idk what they're gonna do there

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
supposing that monica gets her powers from the hex, what kind of powers are going to activate with darcy lewis? she's never really been a comic character so idk what they're gonna do there
Illusion powers so she can be the loki to Jane Foster's thor

But tbh we don't know she's getting powers

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I feel like Darcy's either going to pop up as a waitress as a meta nod, or as a new hire at wherever the hell Vision works at.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Monica's powers comes from passing through the Hex twice. (and my theory that she is gaining them due to her exposure to Carol)

I am pretty sure the show will end with Wanda dropping the Hex.

No powers.

Otherwise we would have to be wondering what powers all the clowns are going to get.

Wait... Maybe this is an origin story for Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

Jun 17, 2019
So, wheres that Bee Keeper?

I think he might have been the dog...Or...he might be one of the people now in the town.

So I think she expanded the field to save Vision as she didn't know where he was at the time.

So this is a weak theory, but I have to wonder if Monica made contact with Agnes and she was the ride in. Could she have found a way to make contact with Monica in the mean time? I mean we know that Jimmy was able to get a vocal notice to Wanda, so I have to wonder if Monica and Jimmy managed to do the same on a smaller scale for Agnes and got her to try to drive out to the edge of town and get out of the place to give them a ride in.

I'm wondering if Peitro might be an amalgam of Fox Quick Silver and MCU Quick silver. I'm still trying to figure out exactly the whole game being played with Pietro. I can see it being really him in some way, but at the same time I can see it being a alter version of the Fox X men where there was a wanda who knew him, and there was a connection there.

May 18, 2018
I think Pietro is actually the Fox version and was asked by someone in the MCU to figure out what's going on in the town.

This show does tie in to the Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I still think its possible that Pietro's "got shot" memories is some sort of wanda implant.
Like theres a shared childhood memory between them that clearly didn't actually happen.
These people are living full lives seemingly created by Wanda.

Wanda wants her brother back, she "brings him to life"(but Can't actually do that). What she can do is grab an ult universe Pietro and warp his memories to be the best fit to MCU version of her brother he can be.

It would be cool if he begins to break like Vision