• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Going by the pattern of the family trope for sitcoms throughout the decades, the next setting is likely going to be based off of Modern Family

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My parents made me watch Nick at Night so all the sitcom eras have landed for me (except for the 70s/Brady Bunch ep, that missed the mark wide).

My wife did not watch Nick at Night and hated the show (like, we had to bribe her to sit in the room hated) until modern MCU stuff in episode 4. Now she's hooked and theory crafting on sending me WandaVision memes.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The rumor is the plot for DP3 is the Snapback brings Deadpool and his friends through, and everyone including his friends just remembers him being there always in the MCU, APART FROM HIM. He thinks he caused it because his time travel stuff in DP2 and tries to fix things but really it was the snapback that did it. Expect lots of recon flashbacks of him in the battle of NY and the airport battle.

Hope that rumor is true to be honest!

I don't think that's a rumor as much as it's a fan wish that's been thrown around.

While that would be funny, I imagine it won't be related to the snap and will instead be related to the multiversal events we're seeing set up here and will play out in Spider-Man 3 and Multiverse of Madness, with Wade (and hopefully Cable and Domino) literally moving from the Fox universe to the MCU.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Damn, I didn't even think of that one, but that sounds about right. I think they're overtly using it to turn Rambeau into a Captain Marvel'ish type character, what if Kamala is in the town?

Yeah the fact that the origin of Kamala's power in the comics had her sneaking out of the house to go to a party and getting caught in the terrigen mist makes me think that's the out they're going to go with here.

Wanda's reality field is expanding throughout New Jersey so the night Kamala goes to a party with her classmates she happens to get caught up here and Wanda's powers ends up warping Kamala's cells just like Monica's.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Still can't get over the halloween costumes. XD I barely read stuff with Billy, but his outfit is pretty distinct, and it was cute to see it here.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious as to how the hell Quicksilver would know that Vision is dead.
Either he knows everything Wanda knows / wants him to know (subconscious or otherwise), or he's not actually Quicksilver. Considering how he joked about Vision being dead, that seems more callous than her real brother would be, so leaning towards someone else in disguise.

There's definitely going to need to be some multiverse in here somewhere though, otherwise the recasting of Pietro to the X-Men version really doesn't make much sense at all.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
First time in awhile I'm really interested in the bts of a show just as much as the show itself. The process behind it all especially the opening themes like the 80s one which is probably my favorite so far even tho I liked the Malcom nod this week.

At this point Modern Family is up next and the last tribute cant see it go behind maybe 2 episodes tho.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized the kid who plays Billy was young Luke in The Haunting of Hill House.
latest

wandavision-episode-6-billy-2-1613135847.jpg

Last edited:

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Been thinking about Project Cataract. What if it's an attempt to make Vision a weapon that can take on superheroes if needed? Sort of a revival of the Ultron program. Maybe this is what will lead to White Vision.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's a rumor as much as it's a fan wish that's been thrown around.

While that would be funny, I imagine it won't be related to the snap and will instead be related to the multiversal events we're seeing set up here and will play out in Spider-Man 3 and Multiverse of Madness, with Wade (and hopefully Cable and Domino) literally moving from the Fox universe to the MCU.

And then Deadpool keeps saying x force and wonders where the x men are and steals an infinity stone and creates all his friends lol

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm not as up on my Marvel lore as I thought I was, so answer me this: Why does everyone seem to really, really, really want Mephisto in this?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not sure if it's just because it's referencing a sit com more of us are familiar and grew up with.

It's very possible. As someone who didn't necessarily grow up with 50's, 60's, and 70's sitcoms, I actually used to watch a bunch of them as a kid on Nick at Nite, and I think they absolutely nailed the style and tone of those shows. Funnily enough, I didn't really watch a lot of Malcolm in the Middle, but they also nailed that style and tone as well. Overall, I think they've crushed it when it comes to that aspect of the show. And how they're married it to the MCU in a genuinely clever and well executed way? Chef's kiss.

This show is so damn good. Me and my friend are having so much fun theorizing about it, and she's like, "Why are these episodes so damn short?!" lol

I feel her pain. Can't wait for these last 3 episodes. This one was so damn good, as have the last two been. Not that the first 3 weren't, but these last 3 have been on a steadily upward trajectory as the layers start to fall away, which is something I was expecting from this show since it was revealed and so many people were scratching their heads when they saw the old school tv show theme. Such a great introduction to the MTVU on Disney +.

And I think Falcon and the Winter Soldier is going to be a great "return to normalcy," in terms of style we're familiar with, then Loki is going to throw it back into craziness I imagine.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I guess I'm not as up on my Marvel lore as I thought I was, so answer me this: Why does everyone seem to really, really, really want Mephisto in this?
Because in the comics the twins are made with part of his soul and there's been a lot of devil hints. Personally I'd crack up if demon arms(master pandemonium, he has the power to transform his arms into the actual demons he replaced them with, Billy and Tommy became said arms for a bit) showed up

BLACK LAC

Nov 5, 2017
Hmm, maybe Evan's isn't Mephisto... maybe he is.

The way he is questioning Wanda it seems more likely that whoever he is, he has been drawn to Wanda's display of power. Maybe even falling into her Web initially, but he has enough power on his own to break free of her control.

At least he isn't Fox Quicksilver lol,

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I get the toaster, I get Hydra soap, I get Lagos.

Somebody please explain this.

WTF.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Pietro digging for info is mad suspect. At first I thought he was just acting like how she wants him too but then he started asking those probing questions and it raised an eyebrow from me. Great episode. Hate Darcy.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
feels like Pietro was sent in BY someone but not his own doing. He ain't the devil though we know that much

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
...Okay so when Quicksilver, Bobby, and Tommy, are pranking everyone, behind Wanda is a prop that has a suspiciously-out-of-place mask that's creepier than the dollar store costumes that everyone else uses.

I have no follow-up to this, just something that stuck out to me on rewatch.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
...Okay so when Quicksilver, Bobby, and Tommy, are pranking everyone, behind Wanda is a prop that has a suspiciously-out-of-place mask that's creepier than the dollar store costumes that everyone else uses.

I have no follow-up to this, just something that stuck out to me on rewatch.

I was going to say, if they wanted to hide clues, this is THE episode to do it with dozens of Halloween costumes to appear in the background.

I also wonder if they'd be above splicing things into earlier episodes...

Oct 27, 2017
Having mephisto and harkness in this mcu, beyond a series of sustained nods the show has set up so far, seems weird to me - no offense to the comics.

It's just this mcu world is currently setting up a multiverse and Asguardians and a new Avengers crew and further space races and space and time confrontations and possibly mutants, that to add icons of the supernatural on top of all that, and onto something that clearly draws its energy from (and bounces off of) cosmic energy, I just don't know.

Like, Pietro could easily just be a way of Wanda checking in on herself without getting caught breaking her own character. He's the fun uncle but also the parent in the episode, conveniently letting v and w do their own thing.

And Agnes doesn't seem to need to check in at all this time, seeing as how Wanda is babysitting herself with Pietro. I almost think she was trying to escape during a moment of lapsed concentration by Wanda, seeing where we find her.

I'm an outsider to the comics which is another reason it seems weird for THE Devil to be an mcu archvillain. I like that they're drawing so much from that material into the characterizations, though. And I like the Kree theory I saw on Screencrush, that was a neat idea.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I just rewatched the episode, and something jumped out at me.

Pietro spends the entire time being a prankster with the kids. But, more importantly with Wanda, he spends the entire episode enabling Wanda. Giving her permission to continue doing what she's doing.

Acting as though he's completely in on everything that's happening.
Suggesting their parents would have approved.
Telling Wanda that what she's doing isn't wrong (even as she's telling him she doesn't know that she's doing all of it).
Complimenting her on how she got around all the "ethical questions" with the children.
Telling Wanda that she could confide in him, because he's not Vision.

He's literally being the "devil" on her shoulder.

That might have been obvious, but I just got it and I'm pleased with myself.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Project Cataract.

...but there's only one inter-dimensional being that's blind...

Madame Web?! They wouldn't
Project Cataract connects to Vision, as in cataracts make you blind.

I think it's just the name of the project of SWORD experimenting on Vision by digging up his body and tearing him apart.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh. Hayward is actually Orb, DUH

latest
I'm late to this post but I just read up on him in the Marvel fandom wiki:
The Orb was born with a head in the form of a giant eye. Due to this deformity, he was abandoned by his parents at an early age and raised in a freak show, where he was forced to sleep in cages and eat cat food.

The man was just sucked in to Westview where he's most likely going to be in a circus with the rest of SWORD

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I'm an outsider to the comics which is another reason it seems weird for THE Devil to be an mcu archvillain.

He's sort of not really "THE Devil". He's more like a Dormmamu figure who rules his own dimension. He has just taken on archetypal imagery of the christian devil and hell on himself and his realm and his whole shtick is bargaining with mortals for their souls.